Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

..... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ..... (11250 Views)

null / [after3mnths]how Do I Control Dis Guy N Get Ma Lost Blackberry Back??? / Mtn 1billion Naira Reward. Where Are The Winners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

..... by edetcnn(m): 11:32am On Sep 04, 2012
Re: ..... by seunO4: 11:43am On Sep 04, 2012
You ain't serious
Re: ..... by puskin: 11:59am On Sep 04, 2012
seun-O:
You ain't serious

......and why do u think so??

edetcnn: Hello all,
I lost my phone last weekend and while I had little or no hope recovering it, it occurred to me that some folks may actually be motivated to return the phones if the phone owners offer some kind of incentive for return of the phone. I did a search here and discovered there is nothing like that. Now, my reasoning is like this: My lost phone is a Blackberry curve 3 with a market value of 34K when I bought it but worth at most 15K second hand. But I am very willing to pay 25K instantly to anybdy who retuns the phone with all (even half) of the data intact. Now, most of the phone thieves lipsrsealed may not care about/or even read this but a buyer may see it and find that returning the phone is more valuable than whatever she/he spent on it. SO I think if one could post Phone model, date/time/where the phone was lost, and the reward he or she is willing to pay, who knows? Besides, there is no harm in trial. So ..

LOST PHONE MODEL: Blackberry 9730 (aka Curve 3)
PIN: 293AA8D5
DATE LOST: Saturday 1 September 2012
TIME LOST: 8-9PM
REWARD: 25,000 Cash if all data is intact/15,000 if some of the data is intact. (PLUS LUNCH wink

U forgot to include the IMEI no.

.......but I wonder what gave U the feeling that the person who stole or picked up the fone is a NL'er?
Re: ..... by seunO4: 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2012
puskin:

......and why do u think so??

advertising a lost fone on NL

U forgot to include the IMEI no.

.......but I wonder what gave U the feeling that the person who stole or picked up the fone is a NL'er?
Re: ..... by puskin: 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2012
@OP

U mean ur going to watch the thief (assuming it was stolen) eat ur lunch and you are going to count that amount of money and give to him/her.

Humour me more please.
Re: ..... by edetcnn(m): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2012
Some amazing NLanders have alreday started "commenting" smiley Pls read and close ya eyes if u cant do nadda. Thanks!
Re: ..... by Obinoscopy(m): 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2012
@OP, you really have a sense of humour and optimism. As a realist, I'll tell you that ypu won't see your phone through this means.
However I'm moved by your post. It shows we still have angels among us.

edetcnn: Some amazing NLanders have alreday started "commenting" smiley Pls read and close ya eyes if u cant do nadda. Thanks!

I've commented, oya do your worst tongue grin
Re: ..... by DisGuy: 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2012
nice idea

he said he lost his phone; he didn't mention it was stolen
Re: ..... by mjay(m): 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2012
Buyers of cheap BB better watch out for the Pin b4 ure sold a stolen fone, On the other hand you could buy it for less than the Op is offering and come get the cash reward. Seriously though with all the bb protect, I think these fones shldnt be getting lost helplessly. I await the days when the operators will blacklist stolen fones and render same unusable. @Op I wish you goodluck in ur quest .
Re: ..... by Mannylex(m): 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2012
In OBJ'S voice, I DEY LAUGH.
Re: ..... by Andrew3(m): 7:37am On Sep 05, 2012
boyz aint smiling.
Re: ..... by mikuz(m): 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
This is interesting.
Re: ..... by oladayo042: 10:13am On Sep 07, 2012
@OP What if you want to use this means to drive out the person with your phone into the hands of waiting Mopols?

Trust me, I've seen this before.
Re: ..... by edetcnn(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2012
oladayo042: @OP What if you want to use this means to drive out the person with your phone into the hands of waiting Mopols?

Trust me, I've seen this before.

There are other means of doing that bro. I just want the phone and the data back. please if you can, kindly get in contact. thanks.
Re: ..... by Mustay(m): 3:27am On Sep 08, 2012
As an unsolicited financial adviser, this is a bad investment. Yes it's your money and bla bla bla but it'd be better for you to report this to the local police station - am sure you read the recent case of the late Cynthia.

The probability that the user would (even read this before his/her intention to sell the phone and still not sell the phone or) return the phone has gone with the last millenium (when sim cards were expensive) save for your phone was lost but found.

Also, try and learn something from this too, you may have known before but as experience is the best teacher - make use of regular backups. Wish you 'luck' in your search.

Peace
Re: ..... by oladayo042: 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2012
edetcnn:

There are other means of doing that bro. I just want the phone and the data back. please if you can, kindly get in contact. thanks.
Good luck on your search bro.
Re: ..... by Afam4eva(m): 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sometimes the content of a phone is ten times more expensive than the phone itself.

2 Likes

Re: ..... by Kx: 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2012
If we have a log of lost phones IMEI and PIN, where a quick check can be conducted b4 second hand fones are bought, do we think people would go ahead to buy stolen/missing fones whose details are public knowledge?

Good luck op, no harm in trying.

1 Like

Re: ..... by free2ryhme: 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2012
I lost my phone last weekend and while I had little or no hope recovering it, it occurred to me that some folks may actually be motivated to return the phones if the phone owners offer some kind of incentive for return of the phone. I did a search here and discovered there is nothing like that. Now, my reasoning is like this: My lost phone is a Blackberry curve 3 with a market value of 34K when I bought it but worth at most 15K second hand. But I am very willing to pay 25K instantly to anybdy who retuns the phone with all (even half) of the data intact. Now, most of the phone thieves lipsrsealed may not care about/or even read this but a buyer may see it and find that returning the phone is more valuable than whatever she/he spent on it. SO I think if one could post Phone model, date/time/where the phone was lost, and the reward he or she is willing to pay, who knows? Besides, there is no harm in trial. So ..

REWARD: 25,000 Cash if all data is intact/15,000 if some of the data is intact. (PLUS LUNCH wink

The fone is worth more than what you offer @ computer village.. bros voice mail .... I also deal in stolen fones esp blackberry
Re: ..... by free2ryhme: 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2012

bros ask then they might know where your missing fone is? grin grin grin
Re: ..... by NosaHenry(m): 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
Why don't you try inviting the PIN maybe the new 'owner' will accept you. It can be painful to loss a phone. Wish you luck.
Re: ..... by hardbody: 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
Bros, mine (BB) was stolen at gun point, together with 2 other phones. I have lost hope on any recovery, however, i am ensuring that whoever buys those phones, especially the BB will not get value. If you had BB Protect on it, log on to the BB site and you can do quite a number of things that will make it near impossible to use by the potential buyer. Part of what i intend to do includes re-inviting the user to another BB, develop relationship and then get the person arrested. The buyer should be able to lead the police to the seller. Even if there is a chain, we will link them all up. I have already reported the phone stolen at the appropriate police station and i have sent a message that should consistently appear on the screen once it is switched on to indicate that the phone was stolen at gun point. I will recover my details which i had backed up. When last i checked through the site, my details were still intact. Take such steps if you had taken precautionary measures, you may yet get back some of the data in your 'lost' BB. I wish you the best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: ..... by Morgan1092(m): 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2012
@OP: I saw d phone on top of bike shouting ur name 4 rescue. Mtchewwww
Re: ..... by Opoki(m): 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2012
This post don hide
Re: ..... by basty: 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2012
I lost my IPhone inside Keke Marwari in Ajao Estate to Chivita, one of the operators named Philips saw the phone though the battery flat. He bought a charger for the phone, charged it and the fourth day I called him after several attempts because of the dead battery. He picked the call and we arranged a meeting place, opposite Tetrazzini fast food and the guy gave me the phone. Though I rewarded him but it was not enough but to use this medium to let Nairalanders know that, there are few honest Nigerians be it Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: ..... by octus2008(m): 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2012

REWARD: 25,000 Cash if all data is intact/15,000 if some of the data is intact. (PLUS LUNCH wink..........PLUS LUNCH WITH POLICE HIDING IN THE TOILET TO NAB U grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ..... by Nightshift(m): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2012
angryThat must be in Lawanson area, or were you at Ayinala Street? Just asking ....
Re: ..... by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2012
Nigerians are very honest, i remember when i lost my brand new SAGEM X5, it was returned to me before I left the fast-food joint grin
Re: ..... by idirect(m): 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
puskin: @OP

U mean ur going to watch the thief (assuming it was stolen) eat ur lunch and you are going to count that amount of money and give to him/her.

Humour me more please.
Lol
Re: ..... by freecocoa(f): 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
Nightshift: angryThat must be in Lawanson area, or were you at Ayinala Street? Just asking ....
Na you pick the phone?
Re: ..... by SamMilla1(m): 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
How are we sure you wont be waiting with Panti SARS squat at the exchange point? Lol
Re: ..... by benzion72(m): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2012
A simple weekly back up would have prevented this I back up my data often. You back up anything on BB inculiding OS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TRANSFORM YOUR SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 TO A SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 {Screenshots Included} / Poweramp Is The Best Music Player On Andriod / NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.