Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' (23373 Views)

Bimbo Akintola Looks Slimmed-down And Young In New Photos / Bimbo Thomas Flaunts Her Cleavage At Birthday Party (Photos) / Bimbo Akintola Hired As Celebrity Election Observer (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by MissyB3(f): 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2012

"I will be 70 and still be single if I do not believe honestly that I have found the right person. We are all on earth as individuals. Some of us will marry; some of us will not. Some of us will have children, some of us will not. So I never judge myself according to other people's standard.
Marriage is such a huge deal and I'm not in a hurry to go there. That's the truth.

If you find maybe two of my ex's, you will find out that I've had proposals. But I turned them down because at the end of the day, you are saying 'I pick this person above everybody else in the
world, till death do us part.' I had better believe that! If I don't believe it, it's not going to happen.

If I'd wanted to be married 15 times over, I would have. But I won't marry for people, I will marry for me. When I find the person that makes me feel I can do this forever, then I am ready." Bimbo Akintola, 37.

13 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by MissyB3(f): 1:37pm On Sep 04, 2012
That's my girl! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by victorian(f): 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2012
Nice one!... its relieving to be true to oneself...some people aint cut out for marriage and it sure works for them..yeah!
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Chanchit: 2:48pm On Sep 04, 2012
I hope say she don born pikin sha, if so, she fit even wait till after life till she find her soulmate..
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2012
Am waiting for the usual sexist comments. grin
That aside, Bimbo Akintola is one of my favourite actresses.

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2012
Wayyy to go girl me luv this girl damnn!!!

Why just get into something to please people? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by tjskii(f): 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2012
Watever fries ur dodo ma'am

3 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
I'm no sexist. I like her stand on finding the right person; the one she wants to be with forever and all that.

But then I've to say this is the kind of thinking; the idea of getting the ideal, complete man that leaves people getting old and lonely. Nobody wants to be alone.

Don't be fooled. Maybe she's not good enough for the men she claims to have turned down.

Just my opinion. No attacks please.

18 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by DollyParton1(f): 8:02pm On Sep 04, 2012
She's beautiful both in and out!
She's got the brains also.
Good thinking
One of my favourites in the movie industry!

2 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Caseless: 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2012
All u single lady wit coments above shld keep quiet! She go soon taya or if konji wan kpai her, she go hunt underage boys. Na beyonce's 'all d single ladies' de decieve una.She's an african, she knws wat's she's tlkin.Trust yoruba; family go press ha taya

3 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 04, 2012
U beta say it!! I love her!!
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2012
That's a lame excuse. I need to meet her and let her know that there is no "right" one. You just have to make yourself "right" for your partner. I cant wait to meet you, young lady.

7 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2012
Hmmm. . .incredible. It's always interesting to see someone stick a huge, fat middle finger up in the face of tradition - more so when done with such artistry as Bimbo just did.

I meant to diss the flabbiness out of her when I saw the topic, as I thought it must be a really bitter case of sour grapes. However, reading the main post has left me confounded by the sheer clarity of her thought, eloquence of her words, and persuasiveness of her argument. I shamelessly have to admit that I am persuaded by these arguments, regardless of her real motives.

All these UI products no dey fall hand at all.

13 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Basildon1(m): 12:10am On Sep 05, 2012
LOL/YAWN/KEEP WAITING!
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Anikejp: 12:14am On Sep 05, 2012
In short

She means she is still available waiting for the ideal man.

Little commercial at its best.

4 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by damlawbaba(m): 3:48am On Sep 05, 2012
Missy_B: That's my girl! cheesy
datz ma girl so u tu won marry at d age of 74 abi. grin
Missy_B: That's my girl! cheesy
datz ma girl so u tu won marry at d age of 74 abi.

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by nitlad: 6:15am On Sep 05, 2012
I'm so feeling yhu Bimbo darling. Seriously echoing yhur sentiments.
Don't just marry for the sake of marrying, or cos of what people would say, think or make of yhu. Marry, cos it WORKS for YOU!

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by obowunmi(m): 6:34am On Sep 05, 2012
It is not easy to be single and above 30 in Nigeria. Male or Female.

How old is she?
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 05, 2012
Missy_B:

"I will be 70 and still be single if I do not believe honestly that I have found the right person. We are all on earth as individuals. Some of us will marry; some of us will not. Some of us will have children, some of us will not. So I never judge myself according to other people's standard.
Marriage is such a huge deal and I'm not in a hurry to go there. That's the truth.

If you find maybe two of my ex's, you will find out that I've had proposals. But I turned them down because at the end of the day, you are saying 'I pick this person above everybody else in the
world, till death do us part.' I had better believe that! If I don't believe it, it's not going to happen.

If I'd wanted to be married 15 times over, I would have. But I won't marry for people, I will marry for me. When I find the person that makes me feel I can do this forever, then I am ready." Bimbo Akintola, 37.
exactly,dats d spirit,dis is one exceptional and sound minded girl dat is not a marriage freak,in out of every 1o conversation wit women,marriage is usually their central theme.if ure not happy in a relationship,u dont expect dat u will b fullfilled in marriage,like my father will say,any relationship or man dat can not add value to ur life or enhance u in being a better u,am sorry to tel u,u will live a miserable life,so its beta ure single,fullfilled and married than being a mrs with so much misery and all u have to do is act like all is well.now dis is my kind of woman

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 05, 2012
obowunmi: It is not easy to be single and above 30 in Nigeria. Male or Female.

How old is she?
u are what u think u are,or as d bible puts it,as a man or woman thinketh in his or her heart,so is he/she,if u feel its nt easy to b single @ 3o,then it wouldnt b,if u feel,u are happy and leading a good life with or without a man,then u will,its high tym society n men stop forcing down their shallow opinions on women,who told u,it cant b easy 4 u wen ure 3o n single,by d way did d bible or quoran use d word must marry,like bimbo said not every man and woman is cut out for marriage and on judgement day wen god calls,he will not say mrs peters or dr mrs ola,u will b called by ur first name,so cut d crap

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 05, 2012
Basildon1: LOL/YAWN/KEEP WAITING!
i bet u didnt read wel,she neva said shes waiting,everybody cannot lead d same lyf
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 05, 2012
Chanchit: I hope say she don born pikin sha, if so, she fit even wait till after life till she find her soulmate..
she has kids na,most of dis single lady women who r nt cut of for marriage av kids.she wont d dat stewpid nt to av kids,at least a man can b disposable n useless @ anytym but kids will stil b kids n b there 4 dia mothers even if dey marry

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 05, 2012
Billyonaire: That's a lame excuse. I need to meet her and let her know that there is no "right" one. You just have to make yourself "right" for your partner. I cant wait to meet you, young lady.
y are u soundin like marriage is ur ultimate goal in life,if she chooses not to marry u wan force am
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 05, 2012
pro01: Hmmm. . .incredible. It's always interesting to see someone stick a huge, fat middle finger up in the face of tradition - more so when done with such artistry as Bimbo just did.

I meant to diss the flabbiness out of her when I saw the topic, as I thought it must be a really bitter case of sour grapes. However, reading the main post has left me confounded by the sheer clarity of her thought, eloquence of her words, and persuasiveness of her argument. I shamelessly have to admit that I am persuaded by these arguments, regardless of her real motives.

All these UI products no dey fall hand at all.
yea,dey are always sound! Not beautiful and empty headed

2 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 05, 2012
caseless: All u single lady wit coments above shld keep quiet! She go soon taya or if konji wan kpai her, she go hunt underage boys. Na beyonce's 'all d single ladies' de decieve una.She's an african, she knws wat's she's tlkin.Trust yoruba; family go press ha taya
dats y theres a vibrator and shes an educated and expopsed woman,not an illiterate zombie.if a lady is determined,notin can stop her,there are som families dat accept dia dotas nt marrying,but dey dont liv wit dia parents,so will hers b a peculiar case?no!
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 05, 2012
stereo: I'm no sexist. I like her stand on finding the right person; the one she wants to be with forever and all that.

But then I've to say this is the kind of thinking; the idea of getting the ideal, complete man that leaves people getting old and lonely. Nobody wants to be alone.

Don't be fooled. Maybe she's not good enough for the men she claims to have turned down.

Just my opinion. No attacks please.
theres no such thing as being good enof for anybody,as friendship is not by force,marriage too is not by force,no matter how any man or woman imposes his or herself on u,if u dont want to b wit d person,u wont,so wots d fuss about marriage.will u take ur marriage certificate to heaven,or will u use it to get a job?or is it part of d prerequisites to work in any organisation,abegi,to each his own jare

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by Esinwaju: 8:19am On Sep 05, 2012
@Kulyie. Shuuu!! You really carry dis mata for head o!

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by obowunmi(m): 8:24am On Sep 05, 2012
kulyie: u are what u think u are,or as d bible puts it,as a man or woman thinketh in his or her heart,so is he/she,if u feel its nt easy to b single @ 3o,then it wouldnt b,if u feel,u are happy and leading a good life with or without a man,then u will,its high tym society n men stop forcing down their shallow opinions on women,who told u,it cant b easy 4 u wen ure 3o n single,by d way did d bible or quoran use d word must marry,like bimbo said not every man and woman is cut out for marriage and on judgement day wen god calls,he will not say mrs peters or dr mrs ola,u will b called by ur first name,so cut d crap

Did you read what I wrote or did you just respond?
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by obowunmi(m): 8:26am On Sep 05, 2012
kulyie: theres no such thing as being good enof for anybody,as friendship is not by force,marriage too is not by force,no matter how any man or woman imposes his or herself on u,if u dont want to b wit d person,u wont,so wots d fuss about marriage.will u take ur marriage certificate to heaven,or will u use it to get a job?or is it part of d prerequisites to work in any organisation,abegi,to each his own jare

Friendship just like marriage is purposeful.
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by MissyB3(f): 9:59am On Sep 05, 2012
damlawbaba: datz ma girl so u tu won marry at d age of 74 abi. ;Ddatz ma girl so u tu won marry at d age of 74 abi.
Yes, except you want to put a ring on it now. wink
Re: Bimbo Akintola- "I Can Be 70 & Still Be Single If I Don't Meet The Right Man'' by sixbon2000(m): 11:02am On Sep 05, 2012
Omo,she is on a long tin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Majek Fashek And Pastor Paul Adefarasin Pose Together / Rita Dominic Looks Gorgeous In New Make Up Photos / Gifty Powers Stuns In Bridal-Themed Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.