Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! (18299 Views)

Shocked! My Cousin Bro Died Of Motor Accident But His Spirit Is Disturbing / Paul Vs. Jesus's Teachings: Is There A Conflict? For serious bible scholars / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: The Holy Spirit Is With You Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2012
frosbel:

And it was your Pagan Emperor Constantine who endorsed the doctrine of the Trinity on behalf of the so called church , you should be proud of yourself.

The only church I know is the body of Christ , you can indulge yourself with the harlot church because they tickle your toes , but that's your prerogative.
actually constantine had no vioce in the council of nicea, silience was self and collectively imposed upon him because he wasnt a priest nor a bishop. Constantine was voiceless in that council.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by ijawkid(m): 6:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
haibe: Genesis 18:1-33
King James Version (KJV)
And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the
heat of the day;
2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he
ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
3 And said, My LORD, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from
thy servant:
4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:
5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for
therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.
6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of
fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.
7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young
man; and he hasted to dress it.
8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he
stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
9 And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent.
10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy
wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.
11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah
after the manner of women.
12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my
lord being old also?
13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear
a child, which am old?
14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to
the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst
laugh.
16 And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to
bring them on the way.
17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the
earth shall be blessed in him?
19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall
keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham
that which he hath spoken of him.
20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is
very grievous;
21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it,
which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet
before the LORD.
23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the
place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that
the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do
right?
26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the
place for their sakes.
27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the LORD,
which am but dust and ashes:
28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of
five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And
he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the LORD be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there
shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the LORD: Peradventure there
shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
32 And he said, Oh let not the LORD be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure
ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
33 And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham
returned unto his place.

Can any sane person tell all the three men here are all angels, then there is a problem, ijawkid there must be a problem with your understanding of the scriptures.lol

You are only fooling yourself by contradicting what John ratified @ john 1;18.....

Yahweh himself said:::::no one can see me and yet live......

You should be humble to do more research rather than contradict Yahwehs own words...

Read your bible and read that exegesis I gave up there
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by ijawkid(m): 6:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: actually constantine had no vioce in the council of nicea, silience was self and collectively imposed upon him because he wasnt a priest nor a bishop. Constantine was voiceless in that council.

Na so we hear...

But he enforced it abi??
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Geez! Dude, you're boring me. That's what you got? Boohoohoo cry How disappointing. Checking out your link anyway. Maybe I'll see something to laugh at there. grin
i just took a look at the link, the link is teaching the gospel of those wu were driven away from the early church. Wow! I thought it would b a good read, unfortunately they are giving me the ranting of those the early church considered heretics and excommunicated. Frosbel try harder.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by haibe(m): 8:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
ijawkid:

You are only fooling yourself by contradicting what John ratified @ john 1;18.....

Yahweh himself said:::::no one can see me and yet live......

You should be humble to do more research rather than contradict Yahwehs own words...

Read your bible and read that exegesis I gave up there

Did moses see God or not ?
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
ijawkid:

Na so we hear...

But he enforced it abi??

He has been infected with the Ihedinobi deficit disorder grin
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by ijawkid(m): 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
haibe:

Did moses see God or not ?

Did u read my post @ all??

Did u??

Answer me....

I repeat and I re-iterate...

NO MAN can see God and yet live.....

If moses did see God he'll. Die......

Did u read that whole exegesis of how many came in contact with Yahwehs angels and not Yahweh himself??

Yahweh doesn't contradict himself....

Scriptures explain scriptures....

I quoted all scriptures to explain and open your eyes to the truth.....

Yahweh said NO man can see Him and live...

John @ joh 1:18 stamps Yahwehs words....

So I throw back your question to you....

Did moses see God??

1 Like

Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: wow! Wow! Wow! Forsbel has caught me in his web, hahaha, that isnt posible, just kidding. Jesus didnt posses the "fullness of God" he possesed "the fullness of the deity".

Did you just read the underlined

I repeat here :

Jesus didnt posses the "fullness of God" he possesed "the fullness of the deity

I will give you one more try !
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
frosbel:

I repeat here :

Pastor Kun just said on one of the other threads that Trinitarians are the ones rewriting the Bible. grin What a laugh lol
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
frosbel:

He has been infected with the Ihedinobi deficit disorder grin

What, are you now Ihedinobi's apostle? Hehehe
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Pastor Kun just said on one of the other threads that Trinitarians are the ones rewriting the Bible. grin What a laugh lol

But it is true , no ?

After reading the weird theory promulgated by the great Calvinist Theologian Dr.Aletheia, I just SMH.

Honestly grin
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by ijawkid(m): 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Hahahahahahahahaha.....

Pastor kun is indeed funny...

But he said the truth.......
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by aletheia(m): 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2012
frosbel:
But it is true , no ?

After reading the weird theory promulgated by the great Calvinist Theologian Dr.Aletheia, I just SMH.

Honestly grin
^^
1. It is noteworthy that you have not put forward your "comprehensive rebuttal".
Do you think those bible verses will go away if you just ignore them:
I repeat:
aletheia:
True word. . .indeed Jesus makes actual theophanies and also appears in prophecy, similitudes and types in the OT.
. . .

In fact another beautiful example that reveals God's plan is seen in Genesis 5: the genealogy of Noah.

There are ten names in that genealogy. Ten signifies the perfection of Divine order. When you consider the meanings of the ten names; something startling emerges.

Names Meaning
Adam comes from adomah, and means "man."
Seth appointed: (Gen 4:25) When he was born Eve said, "For God hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew."
Enosh "mortal," "frail," or "miserable." It is from the root anash: to be incurable; used of a wound, grief, woe, sickness, or wickedness.
Kenan "sorrow," dirge," or "elegy."
Mahalalel from mahalal, which means "blessed" or "praise"; and El, the name for God. Thus, Mahalalel means "the Blessed God."
Jared from the verb yaradh, meaning "shall come down."
Enoch means "teaching," or "commencement."
Methuselah comes from two roots: muth, a root that means "death" ; and from shalach, which means "to bring," or "to send forth." Thus, the name
Methuselah signifies, "his death shall bring."
Lamech "despairing."
Noah derived from nacham , "to bring relief" or "comfort,"

Now let's put it all together:

Hebrew English

Adam Man
Seth Appointed
Enosh Mortal
Kenan Sorrow
Mahalalel The Blessed God
Jared Shall come down
Enoch Teaching
Methuselah His death shall bring
Lamech The despairing
Noah Rest, or comfort

^^
Do you see it?

Man (Adam) [is] Appointed (Seth) [to] Mortal (Enosh) Sorrow (Kenan). The Blessed God (Mahalalel). . .Shall come down (Jared). . .Teaching (Enoch). . .His death shall bring (Methuselah). . .The despairing (Lamech). . .Rest, or comfort (Noah).

Man [is] Appointed [to] Mortal Sorrow The Blessed God. . .Shall come down. . .Teaching. . .His death shall bring. . .The despairing. . .Rest, or comfort.

aletheia:
1. Your post is disjointed. What equations?
2. Is this the "comprehensive" rebuttal?
3. Are the names given in that order in the Bible or not?
4. Are those not the meanings of those names or not?
5. What I have written concerning the genealogy of Noah is verifiable from the bible. . .but you don't really read the bible.

While you are it, go and consider the meanings of the names of the sons of Jacob, and contemplate the order in which they are presented in the book of Revelation. . .and why Dan is omitted.

You have a penchant for discombobulated ramblings without having taken time to digest what you read. Not surprising seeing as most of what you post are second-hand articles by others. It is long past time for you to do proper bible study instead of pasting articles from such as Jews for Judaism etc or rehashing well worn Islamic arguments.

And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.[Exo 24:10-11]

The language here is clear. It is not allegorical.

2. It is indeed noteworthy that while we have put forward bible scriptures for the fact that Jesus is God, and pre-existent before His Incarnation in the flesh, you must needs go outside the bible appealing to human reasoning or else ignoring the scriptures that plainly show who Jesus is.

I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen.
--- Martin Luther
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Ubenedictus(m): 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
frosbel:

I repeat here :

ofcourse that is what i said my bible didnt say Jesus was filled with "a measure of the fullness of God" my bible say "the fullness of the Godhood state (deity) dwelt in him bodily". Do u have a problem with that?
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Hahahahahahahahaha.....

Pastor kun is indeed funny...

But he said the truth.......

He did? For real? You sure it's not you guys that keep saying "the translation's wrong. It ought to have read so and so. This verse does not belong in the Bible. There should be the article "a" here. The verb is wrong etc etc"? Could've fooled me undecided
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by truthislight: 12:56am On Sep 26, 2012
haibe: "When Abram was ninety-nine years old the LORD
APPEARED to Abram and said to him, ‘I am God
Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless, …’ When he
had finished talking with him, God went up from
Abraham." Genesis 17:1, 22

"God spoke to Moses and said to him, ‘I am the LORD. I
APPEARED to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God
Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make
myself known to them.’" Exodus 6:2-3

"And Stephen said: ‘Brothers and fathers, hear me. The
God of glory APPEARED to our father Abraham when he
was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran,’" Acts 7:2

Anyone who believes the word of God should therefore have no problem accepting the
Bible’s clear teaching that on at least one occasion Yahweh
appeared to Abraham as a man who then left him to destroy
Sodom and Gomorrah.

PS: No man has seen the father at anytime_Jesus Christ(John 6:46)

what are you up to?

Hahaha, i cant really laugh. You mean Jesus had lied?

Let me help you.

John 1;18, "no man has seen God at any time but the only beggoten son who is in the bosom of the father has explained him"
^^^
are you saying that Jesus was lying?

Well, my Jesus dont lie, get that! ?

In the OT Yahweh made use of messengers to represent him most of the times as can be seen below,

Exodus 23:20,21 ;
"here i am sendinding an angel ahead of you on the and to bring you ahead of where you are going............ Because my "NAME" is withing him"

here, Yahweh is delegating an angle on the basis of his name, and can bear his name as a representative.

So, at same Exodus 24:9-11, we read;
And Moses and Aron and Nadab and Abihu the seventy of the older men of Israel proceeded to go up and the got to see the God of Israel and ............. he did not put his hand against the distinguish men.......

Exodus 33:17-23
note Vers 20; "And he(Yahweh) added, you are not able to see my face, because no man may see me and yet live".

Now young man, what do you think?

Do you still think that Jesus was lying? No.

Like i started from chapter 23 of Exodus where Yahweh delegated an angle to lead the sons of Israel , hence, we know who appeared to moses and the seventy men,
the rep. Of Yahweh(Angel bearing Yahweh name, 23:21)

that is why after the appearance to the seventy up on the mountain moses knew what happened And kept/continued asking to see Yahweh Exodus 33:18

but, like Vers 20 of chapter 33
Yahweh repeated that "no man can SEE MY FACE AND YET LIVE", why?

Because all along what that has been appearing to human are Yahweh's Angels as REPRESENTATIVES.

So, please, dont try to say that our lord Jesus christ had lied since he knew quite well what had happen? In the past.

John 1:18, No man had seen God at any time but the only beggoten son has explained him.

If you respect Jesus you will not sin.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by truthislight: 1:06am On Sep 26, 2012
haibe:

Anti-trinitarians you may like to give an explanation on this post, i cant find ijawkid again.

I see, limited knowledge is really your problem, you dont know that most persons has Gone pass this your low level.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by truthislight: 1:11am On Sep 26, 2012
haibe:

1 face, 1 back, 1 hand.

Now my Question is how come Moses saw God even when Jesus stated that no man has seen the father "at any time" except him ?

may Yahweh and his son forgives you.

This is what satan does to people.

They loss the fear of God and his son.

"The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom".
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by truthislight: 1:14am On Sep 26, 2012
haibe:

Lol, i now see what the watch tower has done to you, So it was an angel that later went to destroy sodom and gomorrah after leaving abraham? Nice one.

My bro, please read your bible well, frosbel i think you can help ijawkid, seems you have a better understanding than him in this aspect.

Was the LORD used in those texts referring to an angel?

Imagine!

Better change your ways.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by truthislight: 1:32am On Sep 26, 2012
Ubenedictus: actually constantine had no vioce in the council of nicea, silience was self and collectively imposed upon him because he wasnt a priest nor a bishop. Constantine was voiceless in that council.

^^^

this is like saying that Nig. President GEJ will be silent at a meeting of priest and will have no influence.

How sheeple!
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by ijawkid(m): 7:51am On Sep 26, 2012
truthislight:

may Yahweh and his son forgives you.

This is what satan does to people.

They loss the fear of God and his son.

"The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom".

Truthislight don't mind Him....na stubbornness dey worry am

Many times I've told this guy that moses didn't see God....

It seems he barely reads......

Let me spell it out again for Him...

Moses once expressed the desire to see God. At Exodus 33:18-20, we read: “‘Cause me [Moses] to see, please, your glory.’ But he [God] said: ‘I myself shall cause all my goodness to pass before your face, and I will declare the name of Yahweh before you; and I will favor the one whom I may favor, and I will show mercy to the one to whom I may show mercy.’ And he added: ‘You are not able to see my face, because no man may see me and yet live.’”
What God permitted Moses to see was His passing glory. Verses 21-23 state: “And GOD said further: ‘Here is a place with me, and you must station yourself upon the rock. And it has to occur that while my glory is passing by I must place you in a hole in the rock, and I must put my palm over you as a screen until I have passed by. After that I must take my palm away, and you will indeed see my back. But my face may not be seen.’”
In harmony with what Yahweh told Moses and what the apostle John said, Moses saw no materialization or material form of God. All that Moses saw was the afterglow of the divine presence passing by. Even then he had to be divinely protected. Obviously, it was not God himself that Moses saw.
When Moses spoke to God “face to face,” as stated at Exodus 33:11, he was not in visual contact with Yahweh. This expression indicates the manner in which Moses communicated with God, not what he saw. Speaking with God “face to face” indicates a two-way conversation. Similarly, an individual can carry on a two-way conversation by telephone without seeing the other person.
When Moses talked with God and received instructions from him, the communication was not through visions, as was often the case with other prophets. This is noted at Numbers 12:6-8, where we read: “He went on to say: ‘Hear my words, please. If there came to be a prophet of yours for Yahweh, it would be in a vision I would make myself known to him. In a dream I would speak to him. Not so my servant Moses! He is being entrusted with all my house. Mouth to mouth I speak to him, thus showing him, and not by riddles; and the appearance of Yahweh is what he beholds.’” In what sense did Moses behold “the appearance of Yahweh”?
Moses beheld “the appearance of Yahweh” when he, Aaron, and certain other men were on Mount Sinai. At Exodus 24:10, it is written: “They got to see the God of Israel. And under his feet there was what seemed like a work of sapphire flagstones and like the very heavens for purity.” But how did Moses and the other men get to “see the God of Israel,” since God had told him, “No man may see me and yet live”? Verse 11 explains, for it says: “He did not put out his hand against the distinguished men of the sons of Israel, but they got a vision of the true God and ate and drank.” So the appearance of God that Moses and the others saw was by means of a vision....
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by ijawkid(m): 7:58am On Sep 26, 2012
@HAIBE...

People saw Jesus's Face,touched Him,saw his full figure and even ate with him.....

But the bible times with out number says Yahweh can not be seen and has never been seen by humans.......

John re-confirmed those words both @ john 1:18 and 1 John 4:12

1 john 4:12:::
English Standard Version (©2001)
No one has ever seen God; if we love one
another, God abides in us and his love is
perfected in us.

John 1:18...

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
No one has ever seen God. God's only Son, the
one who is closest to the Father's heart, has
made him known.
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
No man has seen God at any time; the only
begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the
Father, he has declared him.

That lengthy explanation I gave up there explains who all of Yahwehs servants saw through out bible history.....

But your stubbornness won't let you concede...

Be humble my bro and accept bible truths...it won't kill you...

I repeat::::NO MAN has seen God @ anytime(that includes moses,abraham, and all those who thougth they came in contact with God)
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by haibe(m): 9:30am On Sep 26, 2012
frosbel:

1 face, 1 back, 1 hand and 3 gods, no grin

Where is that 'early church' historian wannabe Ihedinobi , he just might be able to bail you out with his strange logic tongue

No not 3 but one person in the Godhead appeared to moses, so it had to be 1 face, 1 back, 1 hand, but you agreed that moses did see God, you posted it yourself or its no more God he saw?
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by haibe(m): 9:41am On Sep 26, 2012
Lol ijawkid you are a joker, lets see again

Afterward Jehovah appeared to him among the big trees of
Mam′re, while he was sitting at the entrance of the tent about
the heat of the day. When he raised his eyes, then he looked
and there three men were standing some distance from him.
When he caught sight of them he began running to meet them
from the entrance of the tent and proceeded to bow down to
the earth. Then he said: “Jehovah, if, now, I have found favor
in your eyes, please do not pass by your servant. Let a little
water be taken, please, and YOU must have YOUR feet
washed. Then recline under the tree. And let me get a piece
of bread, and refresh YOUR hearts. Following that, YOU can
pass on, because that is why YOU have passed this way to
YOUR servant.” At this they said: “All right. You may do
just as you have spoken.”

No matter how you try to mis-interprete the bible, it is clear that abraham saw Jehovah.

Now the two angels arrived at Sod′om by evening, and Lot
was sitting in the gate of Sod′om. When Lot caught sight of
them, then he got up to meet them and bowed down with his
face to the earth(Gen 19:1).

IT is clear that only two angels were there with Jehovah, thus Jehovah and 2 angels appeared to abraham, dont forget jehovah waited behind with abraham leaving the two angels to go to sodom and gommorrah first.

Jehovah later goes to join the 2 angels.

The sun had gone forth over the land when Lot arrived at
Zo′ar. Then Jehovah made it rain sulphur and fire from
Jehovah, from the heavens, upon Sod′om and upon Go‧mor
′rah. "(Gen 19:24)

It is very clear that jehovah was among the 3 men abraham saw or why will the 2 angels be separated from jehovah when addresing them, why was one of them called Jehovah and the remaining two Angels.
No matter how you try to mis-interprete this verses, it is very clear Abraham saw jehovah.

He said:
“Men, brothers and fathers, hear. The God of glory appeared
to our forefather Abraham while he was in Mes‧o‧po‧ta′mi‧a,
before he took up residence in Ha′ran,

The God of glory appeared not Angel of the God of glory.
It amazes me how ijawkid try to twist scriptures to suit himself.

Well for your information the Jesus did not contradict himself saying no one has seen the father at any time, its true that no man has seen the Father but the Son has been seen and he was the one who appeared to our fore fathers abraham" but because you want to try to suit yourself, you deny that they were all angel that abraham saw, yes 2 angels were there but Jehovah was there also(3 of them are not angels), to say that Jehovah in that passage above refer to angels, i guess you have to re-write the whole bible becos you put yourself in a dilemma and you contradict other verses in the scriptures.

PS: your write-up about who appeared to abraham doesnt make any sense, you contradict the scriptures.

If it was all angels that abraham saw, the watchtower would have gladly translated it so but no he saw Jehovah and 2 angels.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by ijawkid(m): 10:07am On Sep 26, 2012
haibe: Afterward Jehovah appeared to him among the big trees of
Mam′re, while he was sitting at the entrance of the tent about
the heat of the day. When he raised his eyes, then he looked
and there three men were standing some distance from him.
When he caught sight of them he began running to meet them
from the entrance of the tent and proceeded to bow down to
the earth. Then he said: “Jehovah, if, now, I have found favor
in your eyes, please do not pass by your servant. Let a little
water be taken, please, and YOU must have YOUR feet
washed. Then recline under the tree. And let me get a piece
of bread, and refresh YOUR hearts. Following that, YOU can
pass on, because that is why YOU have passed this way to
YOUR servant.” At this they said: “All right. You may do
just as you have spoken.”

No matter how you try to mis-interprete the bible, it is clear that abraham saw Jehovah.

Now the two angels arrived at Sod′om by evening, and Lot
was sitting in the gate of Sod′om. When Lot caught sight of
them, then he got up to meet them and bowed down with his
face to the earth.

IT is clear that only two angels were there with Jehovah, thus Jehovah and 2 angels appeared to abraham, dont forget jehovah waited behind with abraham leaving the two angels to go to sodom and gommorrah

Jehovah later goes to join the 2 angels.

The sun had gone forth over the land when Lot arrived at
Zo′ar. Then Jehovah made it rain sulphur and fire from
Jehovah, from the heavens, upon Sod′om and upon Go‧mor
′rah. "

It is very clear that jehovah was among the 3 men abraham saw or why will the 2 angels be separated from jehovah when addresing them.
No matter how you try to mis-interprete this verses, it is very clear Abraham saw jehovah.

He said:
“Men, brothers and fathers, hear. The God of glory appeared
to our forefather Abraham while he was in Mes‧o‧po‧ta′mi‧a,
before he took up residence in Ha′ran,

The God of glory appeared not Angel of the God of glory.
It amazes me how ijawkid try to twist scriptures to suit himself.

Well for your information the Jesus did not contradict himself saying no one has seen the father at any time, its true that no man has seen the father but the son has been seen anh he was the one who appeared to our fore fathers abraham" but because you want to try to suit yourself, you deny that it was an angel that abraham saw, yes 2 angels were there but Jehovah was there also, to say the Jehovah in that passage above refer to angels, i guess you have to re-write the whole bible becos you put yourself in a dilemma.

PS your write-up about who appeared to abraham doesnt make any sense, you contradict the scriptures

U seem to have a problem reasoning from the scriptures....

Please with your present stance try corroborating it with the apostle Johns words @ john 1:18 and 1 john 4:12....

You barely understand that scriptures must be alligned.....

You fail to understand that scriptures explain scriptures....that has been your problem....

Yahwehs representatives were the ones that were seen and touched and felt,not Yahweh...

You sound like I'm the writer of the book of John.....

I repeat..:::::No man has seen God(Yahweh @ anytime)...that is a fact....

You can go wallow in your ignorance.....

You are the one delusioned here not me....

You fail to interprete verses with verses.....

That I did and you are sticking to that same verse u've been quoting,but failed to consider Johns words and even Jesus own words...

Let me quote Jesus words....
John 6:46...
New International Version (©1984)
No one has seen the Father except the one
who is from God; only he has seen the Father.
New Living Translation (©2007)
(Not that anyone has ever seen the Father;
only I, who was sent from God, have seen him.)
English Standard Version (©2001)
not that anyone has seen the Father except he
who is from God; he has seen the Father.
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"Not that anyone has seen the Father, except
the One who is from God; He has seen the
Father.

I want u to corroborate your continous obstinate stance on the fact that persons(Man) saw Yahweh,with Johns testimony and that of Jesus whom the Father sent.....

Jesus confirmed that no one(including moses and abraham..etc) has seen God...

You are are just a stubborn person.......

You are rather suppose to humble yourself and really find out who or what abraham and the rest patriarchs saw....and I just did give you details on it............but you seem too hard hearted....

Your argument doesn't negate the Fact that Yahweh is greater than Jesus.......
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by ijawkid(m): 10:16am On Sep 26, 2012
@haibe.....

So u mean to say Yahweh was seen physically here on earth but made it rain fire and sulphur from heaven??
Abi??

I'll leave you to be arguing with Jesus who said no one has seen God....
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:19am On Sep 26, 2012
truthislight:

I see, limited knowledge is really your problem, you dont know that most persons has Gone pass this your low level.
that isnt new, all humans including u except christ has limited knowledge. Or are u claiming to have infinite knowledge?
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:22am On Sep 26, 2012
truthislight:

^^^

this is like saying that Nig. President GEJ will be silent at a meeting of priest and will have no influence.

How sheeple!
next time dont display ur ignorance in public, at the time of nicea constantine was still a cathecumen, he knew his place. If u were good in history, u would have know the truth, but clearly u have no idea.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 26, 2012
haibe:

No not 3 but one person in the Godhead appeared to moses, so it had to be 1 face, 1 back, 1 hand, but you agreed that moses did see God, you posted it yourself or its no more God he saw?

Mate send that nonsense Godhead rubbish to the trashcan where it belongs.

God almighty IS ONE , ONE.

Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:52am On Sep 26, 2012
frosbel:

yeah frosbel, God almighty is one, none but him, none besides him and none outside him. One God, unum Deo, is anyone contesting the fact that we have one God? It seems u are arguing against urself. GOD IS ONE, nobody is argueing that even trinitarian dont argue that. The trinitarian position says that in one God, one being and one divine substance there are 3 distinct fellowshiping persons. Humans have one person and one being, animals have one being no person. GOD HAS ONE BEING 3 PERSONS. So telling me God is one doesnt even touch the arguement.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 26, 2012
Ubenedictus: that isnt new, all humans including u except christ has limited knowledge. Or are u claiming to have infinite knowledge?

lol...... Didn't you know? Truthislight is Jesus Christ's new incarnation, he knows all things even the ones the real Jesus doesn't know, whatever those may be. That's why he's prancing all over nairaland correcting everybody hehehehehehe
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 26, 2012
frosbel:

In other words, "I don't know and I don't wanna know. Stop asking me," says Frosbel, the heresy/pagan doctrine hunter. Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? / Is It Right For Churches To Celebrate Cultural Day In Church? / A Question For Tithe Payers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.