Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! (18315 Views)

Shocked! My Cousin Bro Died Of Motor Accident But His Spirit Is Disturbing / Paul Vs. Jesus's Teachings: Is There A Conflict? For serious bible scholars / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: The Holy Spirit Is With You Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2012
frosbel:

lol .

You are a real piece of work fun, [s]running away from questions because you have no clue makes you neither an apologist nor a theologian, more like ' I have no idea ' but hey let me piggyback on pope aletheia's warped explanations, he just might come out on top[/s] not trying to overwhelm me with arguments given that aletheia's taking me to the cleaners.

Well I have news for you, I am not here to win but and to state define and redefine truths.

Even If you can disprove my points, I will throw away all my disbelief in a Trinity.

Ok

cool
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by aletheia(m): 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
truthislight:
why are you not showing where the bible called the holy spirit a "God" and not implying it is?

That Isaiah 9:6 that you quoted cant you see how explicit it is in calling Jesus God?

If the holy spirit is a God dont you think that The bible will have explicitly say so?

Can God have forgotten?

So God forgot to call the holy spirit God and needed you Guys to help him out?
So you agree that Jesus is God. Good. Now consider these:
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost
What do you understand by this verse? What does "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" mean?

2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. 3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away. 4 ¶So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.(Acts 13)

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? (Acts 5)

So let's see. . .the Holy Spirit speaks, refers to Himself as I, sends out people and can be lied to. Can an impersonal influence do all these or have personal attributes as these?

Oh and by the way, you agree that it is God and not men who are blasphemed against, wouldn't you?
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Matthew 12)
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Ok

cool

Surely you are not this immature, I asked you to debate and provide explanations on a number of verse quoted , and all I get in silence.

How can your brother take me to the cleaners when he does not even know what he is talking about ?

Anyway I give up on you , let me wait for some brave ones like aletheia to continue this interesting discussion.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
frosbel:

Poor student you !

Surely you must have seen my explanation on this earlier, or did your pri..e.. blind you to it once again ?

Here you are again.

But of course, refusing to acknowledge a part of the Scriptures isn't the only way to show dislike of it, I can also twist and turn it until it begs for mercy to show how much I dislike it.

Uh huh

cool
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2012
[quote author=aletheia]
So you agree that Jesus is God. Good. Now consider these:
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost
What do you understand by this verse? What does "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" mean?

Where does it mention Trinity here, and why were the baptisms in the early church performed in the name of Jesus ?

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit - Acts 2:38

You are so anxious that you see Trinity everywhere grin

2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. 3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away. 4 ¶So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.(Acts 13)

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? (Acts 5)

So let's see. . .the Holy Spirit speaks, refers to Himself as I, sends out people and can be lied to. Can an impersonal influence do all these or have personal attributes as these?

Easy the Holy Spirit is GOD , his very presence, nothing separate from him.

Oh and by the way, you agree that it is God and not men who are blasphemed against, wouldn't you?
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Matthew 12)

The Holy Spirit is the very presence of God , his holiness in our lives and he dwells in us if we are Christians , no ? It's almost like going into the holy of holies of the ancient time.

"Behind the second curtain was a room called the Most Holy Place," - Hebrews 9:3

"If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple." - 1 Corinthians 3:17
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Enigma(m): 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2012
@ aletheia, Ihedinobi etc (& even Frosbel)

Just to say that na exasperation dey do me make I just dey looku (I no really fit lafu dis one); as some will know, I have been there before with Frosbel and in rather less polite terms and manner too.

Smh in pity and sadness. sad
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2012
frosbel:

Surely you are not this immature, I asked you to debate and provide explanations on a number of verse quoted , and all I get in silence.

How can your brother take me to the cleaners when he does not even know what he is talking about ?

Anyway I give up on you , let me wait for some brave ones like aletheia to continue this interesting discussion.

Good. You see, I just received my mission in this discussion. From now on, I'm the court clown. I'm gonna take every comment that reeks of idiocy and perform corrective surgery on it. Not all comments can be healed though, some like most of truthislight's are terminally ill with cancer in very advanced stages of metastasis, so I won't bother with those.

cool
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2012
Enigma: @ aletheia, Ihedinobi etc (& even Frosbel)

Just to say that na exasperation dey do me make I just dey looku (I no really fit lafu dis one); as some will know, I have been there before with Frosbel and in rather less polite terms and manner too.

Smh in pity and sadness. sad

I feel your pain, sir sad That's why I have elected myself to the position of court clown. I've had enough explosions with Frosbel to not want to bother with lectures anymore, especially as another truly anointed to lecture him between yesterday and today is on hand. I prefer the anointing of the truthful court jester today smiley

cool
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by aletheia(m): 3:01pm On Sep 08, 2012
frosbel:
And you have not responded to my questions.

Keep holding on to catholic doctrines.

Tell me.

Me = 1
Wife = 1
Son = 1

Me + Wife + Son = 1 , no ?

grin grin
I already answered you using the example of H2O. And I also told you God is not a vector or scalar in Euclidean space that can be reduced to your arithmetic. God is a Spirit. The spirit can not be reduced to physical equations. Keep grasping at straws.

I am:
1. A Son
2. A Husband
3. A Father

So let's see. . . Me = A Son + A Husband + A Father = One Man. Does Me = A Son + A Husband + A Father = 3 Men. . .?
You see your absurdity in trying to use arithmetic to explain God? You are using the wrong frame of reference. Might as well try to pour the ocean into a cup. Futility.

You refusal to answer the simple question:
So my question to you Frosbel is this: Is Jesus Christ God come in the flesh or not?
. . .clearly identifies you for what you are. Another cult wannabe with the spirit of antichrist. The Biblical criterion is clear and unambiguous:
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. (John 4)

It is good that this conversation took place so that you may be unmasked for what you really are, a deceiver and one who would lead the brethren astray with your polemics.

You go on and on about Jesus being a man. Who here has denied that. . .as I pointed out even unbelievers know that.
aletheia:
Like you, Muslims, Buddhists, secularists, atheists know that Jesus is/was a Man. Do you really think that is what is in contention here?
The issues being contended on this thread are:
#1. The Holy Spirit is God. . .and not an influence, impulse or force.
Seeing as this initial premise could not be sustained in the face of overwhelming scripture evidence that shows the Holy Spirit as a distinct Person with attributes pertaining to personhood. . .you shifted tack to raise ---
#2. The pre-Incarnate Word of God was but an idea, a plan in the mind (heart) of God &c.
That too has been shown to be false. . .for the scriptures are plain that the Word is God and Jesus is the Word made flesh (i.e. God became a man). The Word of God is the name borne in Heaven by the Heavenly Man Jesus.

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

So to summarize:
The Almighty has revealed Himself to us as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy GhostsadMatthew 28)

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (1 John 5)

20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. (1 John 5)

Marantha
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Sweetnecta: 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2012
i have opened a thread for you guys to inform us the hearing and speaking parts of the holy spirit.

Go there please and educate us with short entries.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Ubenedictus(m): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I feel your pain, sir sad That's why I have elected myself to the position of court clown. I've had enough explosions with Frosbel to not want to bother with lectures anymore, especially as another truly anointed to lecture him between yesterday and today is on hand. I prefer the anointing of the truthful court jester today smiley

cool
actually in some cases that is a beautiful anointing, telling forsbel about the trinity is a work, sometimes it is beautiful to step down and let the holyspirit do his work.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
[quote author=aletheia]
I already answered you using the example of H2O. And I also told you God is not a vector or scalar in Euclidean space that can be reduced to your arithmetic. God is a Spirit. The spirit can not be reduced to physical equations. Keep grasping at straws.

But how can you use the analogy of one Molecule of water to explain the trinity , surely that is a desperate attempt

I am:
1. A Son
2. A Husband
3. A Father

So let's see. . . Me = A Son + A Husband + A Father = One Man. Does Me = A Son + A Husband + A Father = 3 Men. . .?
You see your absurdity in trying to use arithmetic to explain God? You are using the wrong frame of reference. Might as well try to pour the ocean into a cup. Futility.

But you are using all sorts to explain the trinity , no ?

My question is how you can ever call 3 Distinct persons as ONE, even though Jesus called God ONE !

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." - Mark 12:29

3=3 and 1=1

You refusal to answer the simple question:

. . .clearly identifies you for what you are. Another cult wannabe with the spirit of antichrist. The Biblical criterion is clear and unambiguous:
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. (John 4)

I am non-denominational , so your tag will not stick grin

I confess that the messiah came in the Flesh,begotten of Father God through his Spirit, while you confess he came in the spirit and not in the flesh, so judge for yourself who is anti-christ.

It is good that this conversation took place so that you may be unmasked for what you really are, a deceiver and one who would lead the brethren astray with your polemics.

Pharisee you, you are blinded to the truth and leading others into a ditch but trying to make a simple concept of GOD Being ONE into a mathematical complexity, you will not let others enter into the kingdom .

You go on and on about Jesus being a man. Who here has denied that. . .as I pointed out even unbelievers know that.

You said he was a spirit as the last Adam, while the first Adam was a MAN.

The issues being contended on this thread are:
#1. The Holy Spirit is God. . .and not an influence, impulse or force.
Seeing as this initial premise could not be sustained in the face of overwhelming scripture evidence that shows the Holy Spirit as a distinct Person with attributes pertaining to personhood. . .you shifted tack to raise ---

So how many spirits do we now have according to you

3 , right ? plus the Father and Son making it 5 gods you believe in .

The Spirit of God is GOD , his presence in the world and filling of the universe, not seperate from him, how on earth can you separate your spirit from your body and call it a different being ?

#2. The pre-Incarnate Word of God was but an idea, a plan in the mind (heart) of God &c.
That too has been shown to be false. . .for the scriptures are plain that the Word is God and Jesus is the Word made flesh (i.e. God became a man). The Word of God is the name borne in Heaven by the Heavenly Man Jesus.

So what did Jesus Christ exist as prior to coming to earth

If our Lord overshadowed Mary with the Spirit and Christ was Spirit are we not talking of 2 spirits here ?

What a blatant absurdity !

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Who is the beginning and end of God's creation , the Alpha and Omega, the very Word of GOD.

So to summarize:
The Almighty has revealed Himself to us as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
[i]Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy GhostsadMatthew 28)

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (1 John 5)

This is the KJV cult translation, the correct translation as all other bibles state from the more reliable manuscripts is :

"6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 For there are three that testify: 8 the[a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. 9 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son." - 1 John 5:6-9

20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. (1 John 5)

The SON came to reveal the father and he did that 1000% very well. He is the express IMAGE ( not PERSON ) of GOD.

Amen.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ubenedictus: actually in some cases that is a beautiful anointing, telling forsbel about the trinity is a work, sometimes it is beautiful to step down and let the holyspirit do his work.

Catholics and their babylon daughters .

You all agree on this strange concept !
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Sweetnecta: 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
but holy spirit did not do anything for the disciples. he did not teach them anything more than Jesus taught.
he did not correct any mistake that arouse after Jesus left. He did not lead to all truth. He did not glorify Jesus.

if you know he did any of these, please point to each thing he did and provide details and how and where we can read or learn about it/them.

heck, he did not speak to any disciple, the first thing he was to do after hearing from God.
can you believe God hearing from God before the hearing God tells man what he heard from the God Who spoke to the God?

Very confusing and how did this messenger errant God praise Jesus?
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by brainpulse: 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2012
@ Frosbel

Have you received the Holyspirit, after salvation and what as being your personal experience? Just feel like knowing
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2012
brainpulse: @ Frosbel

Have you received the Holyspirit, after salvation and what as being your personal experience? Just feel like knowing

I had an extra ordinary encounter with God while an undergraduate at university, it was sudden, precise and created a major change in my life.

In other words the things I did before I do them no more.

I have also spoken in tongues FYI and being baptised by water immersion.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by brainpulse: 3:36pm On Sep 08, 2012
frosbel:

I had an extra ordinary encounter with God while an undergraduate at university, it was sudden, precise and created a major change in my life.

In other words the things I did before I do them no more.

I have also spoken in tongues FYI and being baptised by water immersion.

Please break it down for me dear friend what you mean by " I had an extra ordinary encounter with God".

What are the changes and How did it happen? I would also like to know.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 08, 2012
brainpulse:

Please break it down for me dear friend what you mean by " I had an extra ordinary encounter with God".

What are the changes? I would also like to know

Nothing to do with you , between me and my GOD.

I owe you no explanations about my life.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by brainpulse: 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2012
frosbel:

Nothing to do with you , between me and my GOD.

I owe you no explanations about my life.

I believe its an experience to share bro, So how do you want to convince me if I were an unbeliver, of an experience you would want me to feel. Its nothing to hide its not a secrete affair bro.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 08, 2012
brainpulse:

I believe its an experience to share bro, So how do you want to convince me if I were an unbeliver, of an experience you would want be to feel. Its nothing to hide its not a secrete affair bro.

Sorry, am I missing something, are we talking about this topic or me
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2012
How can we explain the following to a new convert, JEWs who believe in ONE GOD like Jesus did or even athiets .

A fundamental doctrine

The doctrine of the Trinity is one of the most difficult ideas in Christianity, but it's fundamental to Christians because it:

states what Christians believe God is like and who he is
plays a central part in Christians' worship of an "unobjectifiable and incomprehensible God"

reveals that God can be seen only as a spiritual experience whose mystery inspires awe and cannot be understood logically
Unpacking the doctrine

The idea that there is One God, who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit means:

There is exactly one God

The Father is God
The Son is God
The Holy Spirit is God
The Father is not the Son
The Son is not the Holy Spirit
The Father is not the Holy Spirit

An alternate way of explaining it is:

There is exactly one God
There are three really distinct Persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
Each of the Persons is God

Common mistakes

The Trinity is not

Three individuals who together make one God
Three Gods joined together
Three properties of God

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/beliefs/trinity_1.shtml
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Confusion if you ask me .
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by brainpulse: 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
Are you dissociating yourself from the topic you posted, O my God? I think I am in the wrong session, but wait are you saying all what you put down has nothing to do with your personal conviction and your personal faith? My Lord my savior.

So How do you come about, that He is not a person when you know less of him just what you read? Definitely you know nothing about Him and you are spitting out this nonsenceand blasphemy against him, You vest my spirit.

Bro, You do not know God at all, quote me, I am quoteable...... Check what you professed and recieved. You must have recieved something else i am sure of that.

I employ the Good christians not to respond to this Guy again. I beseech you by the mercies of the Lord
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2012

The Only True God

In his marvelous prayer the night before his death, Jesus declared: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent" (John 17:3).

No greater motivation can be given for knowing the only true God and for knowing Jesus Christ. To the extent that God has revealed himself we are to know him, to believe him. Knowledge of the true God is crucial. Without it polytheism is certain to flourish.

Paul declared of the Jews: "They have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge" (Rom. 10:2).

Because of this lack of knowledge pagan idolatry was a snare to them. Christendom has likewise been ensnared through lack of knowledge. A lack that has led to a grievous compromise—multiple gods in one. This compromise is no less idolatrous that the polytheism. The only reply that is heard— "it is a mystery."

Because of this lack of knowledge pagan idolatry was a snare to them. Christendom has likewise been ensnared through lack of knowledge. A lack that has led to a grievous compromise—multiple gods in one. This compromise is no less idolatrous than the polytheism that stumbled Israel. The oneness of God, without compromise, is clearly set forth in the Bible. As Jesus affirmed, "The Lord your God is one Lord" (Mark 12:29).

Historical Note On The Trinity

From the Bible Study Monthly, England

For many years pagans had been familiar with the Trinitarian beliefs of the East, beliefs which found their strongest expression in the complicated theology of Hinduism and Brahmanism. It is in honor of the three chief Brahman deities, Siva, Vishnu, and Brahma, that a very early hymn to the Trinity was composed. Nearly a hundred years before Christ, Kalidasa, one of the greatest of Indian poets, wrote:

“In those three Persons the one God was shown each first in place, each last—not one alone; Of Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma, each may be First, second, third, among the blessed Three.”

The similarity of those words to the later doctrine of the Trinity as defined in the Athanasian Creed is obvious.

It was in the fourth Century., and nearly five hundred years after Kalidasa wrote his hymn, that the controversy which had been gathering force in the Church came to a head. Upon June 17th, A.D. 325, the Emperor Constantine opened the Council of Nicea, which was to last for two months, and at which three hundred and eighteen Bishops, drawn from all over Christendom, including one or two from Britain, sat to debate whether or not the doctrine of the Trinity should be incorporated into the accepted belief of the Christian Church.

Principal opponents in the controversy were Arius and Athanasius, both of Alexandria in Egypt. Arius was an old man, Athanasius a younger man well versed in philosophy and literature, and his ability and energy led the Council to decide in favor of his demand that the doctrine of the Trinity be declared the teaching of the Church. Only two bishops, Thomas of Marmarica and Secundus of Ptolemais, supported Arius. The latter, being thus defeated, was excommunicated and banished, and his books ordered to be burnt. Even so, a considerable portion of Christendom refused at first to accept the doctrine. More especially was this the case in Northern Europe and Britain, for although it was nearly three hundred years after this Council that Augustine landed in Kent to convert the English to Latin Christianity, a British Christian Church having little or nothing to do with Rome had existed from very early times. Several centuries elapsed before the Trinity was firmly established as a generally accepted Christian doctrine.

http://www.heraldmag.org/literature/doc_31.htm
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 08, 2012
brainpulse: Are you dissociating yourself from the topic you posted, O my God? I think I am in the wrong session, but wait are you saying all what you put down has nothing to do with your personal conviction and your personal faith? My Lord my savior.

So How do you come about, that He is not a person when you know less of him just what you read? Definitely you know nothing about Him and you are spitting out this nonsenceand blasphemy against him, You vest my spirit.

Bro, You do not know God at all, quote me, I am quoteable...... Check what you professed and recieved. You must have recieved something else i am sure of that

I knew you were getting at this.

Your apostate religion says we must believe in Pagan trinity to be saved, but this is what the bible says I should do to be saved.

"That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

"And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." - Acts 2:38
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by ijawkid(m): 4:08pm On Sep 08, 2012
When servants of God looked into heaven they always only see 2 persons..Yahweh sitting on his mejestic throne,and Jesus his son and servant whom he raised from the dead and glorified,sitting on the right hand side of Yahweh..

I wonder where d holy spirit if it is really a person and also a God that shuld complete the triune equation, to fill up the Godhead is??

We shuld see 3 persons in heaven and nt just. Two..this is heaven we are talkin about

Where is d holy spirit my nairaland brothers??
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 08, 2012
DID JESUS PRE-EXIST HIS BIRTH?

Who is Jesus of Nazareth? When He walked upon this earth over nineteen hundred years ago He asked His disciples: "Whom do men say that I, the Son of man am?" They answered that some declared Him to be John the Baptist, while others claimed that He was Elias, and others Jeremias, or one of the prophets. Friends, have you ever looked up the meaning of the words "Jeremiah" or Elijah"? "Elijah" means God Himself , and the word "Jeremiah" means the High God. So, in the days of Christ, we find that some declared that Jesus was God Himself, or, The High God.

Many people today still contend and claim that Jesus is the High God Himself. Yea, even whole bodies of so-called Christians are organized and advocating this same teaching. But was Jesus satisfied with the answer the people gave? He definitely was not then, and He is not yet today. He said to His disciples, "But whom say ye that I am?" (Matt. 16:15). Here we find the correct answer as to whom Jesus is. The man who knows and believes this and can give this answer from the depth of his heart in spirit and in truth is blessed. He has had revelation from heaven through the Word of truth. Hear the answer of truth! "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matt. 16:16). Unless we come without any strings attached, without any wresting or twisting of these words, and believe them just as they are stated, we cannot know the living God. Neither do we understand His plan of salvation.

"Thou art the Christ," means, "Thou art the Anointed One." Now those who contend that Jesus was God Himself or the High God can never believe that Jesus was the Anointed One. Why? Those who advocate that Jesus is God Himself claim there is a triune God and therefore is equal to and co-existent with God the Father.

In Acts 10:38 we find these words: "God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power." Let us think honestly and clearly before God. If Jesus were God Himself or part of a trinity Godhead, equal and co-existent with two other parts in a God head of three, it would be impossible for Him to be anointed by any one of the other two. That would make one of them greater than He. The Bible clearly states that "God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power." If God had not anointed Jesus with the Holy Ghost and with power, could He ever have accomplished anything worthy of mention? How many sins could He have forgiven? How many sick could He have healed? Could He have raised the dead? You see, Jesus was not God, but was the Son of God and was dependent upon His Father. (John 5:19-21)

Now hear the Word of the Lord. It may change your theology; it may destroy what you have believed for years; but His truth can save you from eternal death and will hide (cover) your multitude of sins if you will believe. John 5:19 states, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do." Look closely at this for a moment. If Jesus were God Himself, or even equal with God, then Jesus could do nothing of Himself and neither could God. Someone will say that He can do what He sees the Father do. That is true. Jesus can do what He sees His Father do, but if they are equal, God must also see His father act before He is able to do His wonderful acts. God has no father. Even a child prejudiced to the teachings of men can see the error in this line of thought.

John 5:20 states, "The Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel." Now if Jesus were God Himself, or equal with God, and had been with God from all eternity, would God have to show Him the works that He did? Friends, the doctrines of the trinity and of the pre-existence are doctrines of the devils th at are to destroy men's faith in the true God and in Jesus His Son.

In John 5:26 and 27, we read, "As the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; and hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man." Now you either believe this or you deny it. To deny it is to be damned and lost. To believe it may bring you salvation, if you are likewise obedient in all things. Notice, the Father has life in Himself. God only has immortality, but how did Jesus get life? The Father gave it to Him, both natural life through birth, and immortality through a resurrection. If Jesus were God Himself or equal with God, God could not give Him life, for He would already have it even as the Father has it . Then again, how did Jesus get His authority to execute judgment? Hear again the Word of God. God gave it to Him. Could Jesus be as great as the Father, if the Father is the one who anointed Him with power and gave Him life and gave Him His authority? The only reason Jesus has the authority He now has is because God gave it to Him.

In John 5:30 Jesus repeats again, "I can of mine own self do nothing." Could Jesus do anything of Himself alone? He said He could of His own self do nothing. Did God ever do anything by Himself? In Isaiah 44:24 it is said of God, "I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself." Many say that Jesus helped to create the earth or that He was the Creator, but here the speaker said, "I stretched forth the heavens alone and spread abroad the earth by myself." Jesus said, "I can of mine own self do nothing." The disciples of Christ knew full well that Jesus was not God, neither any part of a trinity Godhead, but was the Son of God, begotten by the Spirit and power of God according to the Word of God born of the virgin Mary. Born - really born - not incarnated, but born!

I would like to say here that the words "pre-existent" , "trinity" , and "incarnate" are nowhere found in the Bible. They are terms put to use by the satanic host to deceive ministers and churchgoers and to rob them of ever knowing the real Son of God. This is what Peter had reference to in 2 Peter 2:1 when he said, "There shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction."

Friends, do you deny the Lord that bought you? Do you know which Lord bought you? It could not be God Himself, for God cannot die. It cannot be a trinity Christ, for He would be equal with God. Since God cannot die, neither could a trinity Christ. The Scriptures declare that Christ died for our sins. (1 Cor. 15:3) According to the Scriptures, the Son of God, born of a virgin, brought into existence by the power of God, being anointed with life from God, power and authority from God, died for our sins, thus giving His entire life for us. But, thanks be to God, He raised Him up from the dead.

The world, by accepting the pre-existent theory and the doctrine of the trinity, deny the flesh and bones that God caused to be born to be our Savior. Dear friends, if you deny the flesh and bones that God caused to come forth to life from Mary's womb, you deny the Lord that bought you. This is what Jesus had reference to when He said that many false Christs would arise and deceive, not a few, but many. Today more people believe and pay tribute to and glorify and pray to a false Christ, who never did die for them, than they that accept a flesh-and-bones Savior who died on Calvary. The false Christ is the pre-existent Christ, the trinity Christ, the Christ that is said to be God Himself. The true Christ is the Son of the living God and the anointed of Him.

In John 6:57 we find, "As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father." Notice that the living Father sent the Son. Could one God be equal with another when one was sent of the other? Notice also Jesus said, "I live by [and through] the Father." Without the Father, Jesus never would have existed and had life.

In John 7:16 Jesus said, "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." If Jesus were God Himself or a part of a trinity God, how could He say, "My doctrine is not mine" ? If Jesus were equal to the Father and the doctrine He was giving was not His, does Jesus have a doctrine just as equal and powerful and strong as the doctrine of His Father? And does the Holy Spirit also have another doctrine? Would their doctrines be the same or different?

Jesus gave us to know that He had nothing to do with the origin of the doctrines which He spoke. They originated with the Father, and the Son merely spoke the doctrines of the Father. In John 7:28 Jesus said, "Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not." If Jesus were God Himself, would He not have had to send Himself? He said, "I am not come of myself." Friend, did you or I come of ourself? We had nothing to do with it. We did not come into existence by our will, for we had no will, no life, no intellect, until we were born. The same is true of Christ. Jesus did not come of Himself, but God sent Him. If there were three equal Gods, why would one God send another one of the other two to die? If one could send one of the other two to die, would not the one that had power to send be greater?

In John 8:28 Jesus said, "I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things." When one God has to be taught of another God, the God that does the teaching would be the greater. If Jesus were co-equal with God and co-existent with Him, He would not have to be taught from the Father.

Again, Jesus said in John 8:42, "I proceed forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me." Jesus told us in John 10:18, "I have power to lay it [my life] down, and I have power to take it again. " Where did He get this power? He said, "This commandment have I received of my Father." When one person gives another person commandments, one is supreme to the other. Jesus said in John 10:29, "My Father ... is greater than all."

Friends, do you not understand that Jesus is the anointed flesh and bones which God brought forth to life by His Holy Spirit, His own power, and that there is no other Savior of truth who could die for us? First John 2:22 says, "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Anointed One?" Friend, if you contend that Jesus is God Himself, or a part of a trinity God, or a pre-existent Jesus, with power to create before He was born, then He could never be anointed by the Father.

Understand this, "He is antichrist that denieth the Father and Son." The Father is God and Jesus Christ is His Son, born of the virgin by the power of God. They are two separate and different beings. Anyone who denies this is antichrist. Which side are you on?

May God help you to believe in His Son, even as the Ethiopian eunuch, who said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

http://www.resurrectionhope.org/jesuspre.htm
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by truthislight: 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2012
Goshen360:

Brother Frosbel......on the highlight above, ARE YOU SURE THIS IS YOU SAYING THIS......AM NOT SURE IT'S THE FROSBEL I KNOW.......Abeg my people, hope hackers never hack our brother username on this forum o. THIS IS STRANGE TO HEAR. Brother Frosbel, this is JW's spirit, please i beg of you. Take some time to relax and stay off this topic and nairaland for a while, if possible. Please, I beg you.

God bless you.

are you so much afraid or the Jws?

Why not show Frosbel one scripture that called the holy spirit God like it does Yahweh and Jesus christ?

Even satan is directly called god.

But you guys want to hoodwink him..

Lol.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by nedostic: 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2012
@ All contributors and viewers,

This thread has been quite exploratory considering our dissenting views on our understanding of the Holy scriptures.

I believe what is of essence is to treat the subject matter via scriptures which Frosbel from my own understanding has been doing even though I do not fully agree with some of his own views.

The point I have always said we should ponder is this if the Almighty God is an invisible being,thus, he is a 'Living Spirit' and this makes our God a 'HOLY SPIRIT'. Right or wrong?

More so, I am sure without doubt most of us know fully well that the word 'God' is a title.

Let us equally recall the baptism of our Saviour- The lord Jesus Christ, how the Spirit descended upon him like a dove.

I also believe that our God manifested in the flesh as a Son, as well as a'Heavenly Father'.

I have always wanted bible scholars in this forum to adduce the reason why the apostles adopted the name of Jesus Christ as the baptism formula mostly cited in the bible and not in the name of the three titles or the supposedly trinitarian dogma as instructed by Jesus Christ. Could the apostles be termed as disobedient servants in this case? God forbid!

I await a response from all your bible scholars on the reasons for the 'paradigm' shift from baptism in the name of the father, son, and Holy Spirit. Also recall, that name is singular and not pluralized-'in the name of......

Hint: In case you are not sure of how baptism was done by the apostles and the early church, just 'google' it.

May God help us all! Let me say that we cannot fully fathom whom God is. Its not possible!
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 08, 2012
nedostic: @ All contributors and viewers,

The point I have always said we should ponder is this if the Almighty God is an invisible being,thus, he is a 'Living Spirit' and this makes our God a 'HOLY SPIRIT'. Right or wrong?

Well yes, and this is what I have been trying to say for quite a while now.

Trying to attribute 2 spirits to God does not make sense. God has one Spirit the Holy Spirit.

I also believe that our God manifested in the flesh as a Son, as well as a'Heavenly Father'.

I deviate slightly here. I believe in the divinity of Christ but only as far as he was anointed by the Spirit of GOD.

God was in Christ not Christ in GOD.

Consider the following scripture.

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." - Galatians 2:20

Here we see that we live, yet not us but Christ who lives in us , only as far as we yield to him into obedience.

God almighty through his Spirit was able to fully dwell in Christ and anoint him because our meek, loving saviour fully and totally yielded to the father making him ONE with the father in purpose and salvation.

I have always wanted bible scholars in this forum to adduce the reason why the apostles adopted the name of Jesus Christ as the baptism formula mostly cited in the bible and not in the name of the three titles or the supposedly trinitarian dogma as instructed by Jesus Christ. Could the apostles be termed as disobedient servants in this case? God forbid!

I personally cannot fully understand this aspect, however using the baptism as a premise to support the trinity is null ans void because :

1. The word Trinity is not mentioned

2. The consequence of this statement is not expatiated till we get to the acts of the apostles.

You may want to help us with this one.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by aletheia(m): 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2012
frosbel: But how can you use the analogy of one Molecule of water to explain the trinity , surely that is a desperate attempt
And you are desperately blind. One molecule of water? Don't you read? Can't you read. You are as ever the inconsistent hypocrite. Stop whining. If you can attempt to reduce God to Euclidean 3-dimensional arithmetic, I can also attempt to explain using examples from the physical universe.

Here is the answer I gave you. . .
aletheia:
H2O is one substance and yet to us on occasion is
1) ice (solid),
2) water (liquid - it's most common presentation) and,
3) steam (gas)

To the uneducated, this would appear to be 3 different substances, but we know it to be all H2O.

Similarly to pagans like you, God would appear to be three, but to His Children, He is One.

God has revealed Himself to man in a progressive fashion, making his attributes known to us. He has been active throughout history as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit even right from Genesis 1.1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (Gen 1:1-3)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (Joh 1:1)

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
(Joh 1:14)

Your confusion arises from thinking Spirit is like Flesh. Will you now reject the witness of John.
1. The Word was with God shows that the Word is somehow separate from God.
2. The Word was God shows that the Word is God
Indeed it was a mystery only revealed in Jesus that the Word is God and yet separate and distinct, something clearly shown in the Revelation of Jesus:
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. (Rev 4:2-3) From Ezekiel, we know that what John saw here is "the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD" as Isaiah also saw. And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. (Rev 5:6)
3. The Word was made flesh - God was made flesh.

And so. . .
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. (1Co 8:6)

Notice the parallelism of the verse above similar to others that occur throughout the scripture:
1. . . there is but one God, the Father cf. one Lord Jesus Christ
2. of whom are all things cf. by whom are all things
3. and we in him cf. and we by him
This answer is clear and succinct. . .and all you can see to whine about is "one Molecule of water".

frosbel:
But you are using all sorts to explain the trinity , no ?

My question is how you can ever call 3 Distinct persons as ONE, even though Jesus called God ONE !

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." - Mark 12:29

3=3 and 1=1
What is there to explain? God the Father, the Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit. . . 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Matthew 4)

frosbel:
I am non-denominational , so your tag will not stick

I confess that the messiah came in the Flesh,begotten of Father God through his Spirit, while you confess he came in the spirit and not in the flesh, so judge for yourself who is anti-christ.

Non-denominational is a meaningless badge. Clever attempt, using obfuscating words while attempting to deflect attention by falsely accusing me of denying the Incarnation of God in the flesh. And yet for all that you still fail to answer the simple question: So my question to you Frosbel is this: Is Jesus Christ God come in the flesh or not?
1. Who is this "messiah" you speak of? Why does the name Jesus Christ stick in your craw? Messiah simply means anointed - it is generic. Why not simply say "I confess that Jesus Christ &c"?
2. The gaping deficiency in your "confession" is apparent. Not only do you fail to say Jesus Christ, you also fail to say "Jesus Christ is God come in the flesh. . ."
3. I have repeatedly maintained that Jesus Christ who in Heaven is the Word of God became Flesh and Blood and is God manifest in the flesh. As it is written: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.. So your slander falls apart.

frosbel:
Pharisee you, you are blinded to the truth and leading others into a ditch but trying to make a simple concept of GOD Being ONE into a mathematical complexity, you will not let others enter into the kingdom .
Really? Aren't you the one dancing around with 1+1+1. . .It is you who tries to explain or squeeze God into your formulas. Hypocrite accusing others of what you are guilty of on this thread. What is mathematically complex about this example I gave you:
I am:
1. A Son
2. A Husband
3. A Father

Obviously your arguments are so much hot air and emotions tied together by scripture verses taken out of context. Advice to you: Go and do a proper and disciplined bible study instead of regurgitation of others' works all over the place.

frosbel:
You said he was a spirit as the last Adam, while the first Adam was a MAN.

See. An example illustration your poor and ill-disciplined bible study habits. Now read this: 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. (1 Cor 15). What do these words 'the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.' tell you? Are these aletheia's words or are these from the bible?

frosbel:
So how many spirits do we now have according to you

3 , right ? plus the Father and Son making it 5 gods you believe in .
You are the one obsessed with 3 like your friend Sweetnecta. There is Only One. As I showed you much earlier:
So says, Frosbel, the Muslim wannabe.

H2O is one substance and yet to us on occasion is
1) ice (solid),
2) water (liquid - it's most common presentation) and,
3) steam (gas)

To the uneducated, this would appear to be 3 different substances, but we know it to be all H2O.

Similarly to pagans like you, God would appear to be three, but to His Children, He is One.

God has revealed Himself to man in a progressive fashion, making his attributes known to us. He has been active throughout history as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit even right from Genesis 1.1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (Gen 1:1-3)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (Joh 1:1)

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
(Joh 1:14)

Your confusion arises from thinking Spirit is like Flesh. Will you now reject the witness of John.
1. The Word was with God shows that the Word is somehow separate from God.
2. The Word was God shows that the Word is God
Indeed it was a mystery only revealed in Jesus that the Word is God and yet separate and distinct, something clearly shown in the Revelation of Jesus:
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. (Rev 4:2-3) From Ezekiel, we know that what John saw here is "the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD" as Isaiah also saw. And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. (Rev 5:6)
3. The Word was made flesh - God was made flesh.

And so. . .
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. (1Co 8:6)

Notice the parallelism of the verse above similar to others that occur throughout the scripture:
1. . . there is but one God, the Father cf. one Lord Jesus Christ
2. of whom are all things cf. by whom are all things
3. and we in him cf. and we by him

Synonymous parallelism. A line strengthens, develop, reinforces or repeat the line before it.

Matthew 7:7-8
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find;
knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth;
and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. (KJV)

Isaiah 44:22a

I have swept away your offenses like a cloud,

your sins like the morning mist.(NIV)
Since you like counting, notice that Rev 5:6 says. . .seven Spirits of God. You see that number seven and have no difficulty accepting that God is One. Be consistent. Had the number seven to your supposed and imaginary pantheon.

frosbel:
The Spirit of God is GOD , his presence in the world and filling of the universe, not seperate from him, how on earth can you separate your spirit from your body and call it a different being ?
So you agree that the Holy Spirit is God. . .isn't that what "Trinitarians" have been saying all along. Confused frosbel!

frosbel:
So what did Jesus Christ exist as prior to coming to earth

Already shown you that in Heaven, Jesus is the Word of God. He was and is the Word of God pre-Incarnation and post-resurrection.

frosbel:
If our Lord overshadowed Mary with the Spirit and Christ was Spirit are we not talking of 2 spirits here ?
Be consistent. . .add the seven Spirits of God in Rev 5:6 too.

frosbel: Who is the beginning and end of God's creation , the Alpha and Omega, the very Word of GOD.
And Who is God as shown by. . . 5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. (Rev 21)

He who says I am Alpha and Omega says I will be his God, showing He is God. Throughout the book of Revelation we see Jesus saying this: I am Alpha and Omega.
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. (Rev 1)

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (Rev 1)

frosbel:
This is the KJV cult translation, the correct translation as all other bibles state from the more reliable manuscripts is :

"6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 For there are three that testify: 8 the[a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. 9 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son." - 1 John 5:6-9

What makes the other manuscripts "more reliable"? 1 John 5:7 (Johannine Comma) is both internally and externally consistent with the rest of the scriptures. . .
1. While the Greek textual evidence is weak, the Latin textual evidence for the Comma is extremely strong. It is in the vast majority of the Old Latin manuscripts
2. Although not found in most Greek manuscripts, the Johannine Comma is found in several. It is contained in 629 (fourteenth century), 61 (sixteenth century), 918 (sixteenth century), 2473 (seventeenth century), and 2318 (eighteenth century). It is also in the margins of 221 (tenth century), 635 (eleventh century), 88 (twelveth century), 429 (fourteenth century), and 636 (fifteenth century). There are about five hundred existing manuscripts of 1 John chapter five that do not contain the Comma.
3. It is clear that the reading found in the Textus Receptus is the minority reading with later textual support from the Greek witnesses. Nevertheless, being a minority reading does not eliminate it as genuine.
4. Internal Evidence: The structure of the Comma is certainly Johannine in style. John is noted for referring to Christ as "the Word." If 1 John 5:7 were an interpretation of verse eight, as some have suggested, than we would expect the verse to use "Son" instead of "Word." However, the verse uses the Greek word logos, which is uniquely in the style of John and provides evidence of its genuineness. Also, we find John drawing parallels between the Trinity and what they testify (1 John 4:13-14). Therefore, it comes as no surprise to find a parallel of witnesses containing groups of three, one heavenly and one earthly.
5. The strongest evidence, however, is found in the Greek text itself. Looking at 1 John 5:8, there are three nouns which, in Greek, stand in the neuter (Spirit, water, and blood). However, they are followed by a participle that is masculine. The Greek phrase here is oi marturountes (who bare witness). Those who know the Greek language understand this to be poor grammar if left to stand on its own. Even more noticeably, verse six has the same participle but stands in the neuter (Gk.: to marturoun). Why are three neuter nouns supported with a masculine participle? The answer is found if we include verse seven. There we have two masculine nouns (Father and Son) followed by a neuter noun (Spirit). The verse also has the Greek masculine participle oi marturountes. With this clause introducing verse eight, it is very proper for the participle in verse eight to be masculine, because of the masculine nouns in verse seven. But if verse seven were not there it would become improper Greek grammar.

frosbel: The SON came to reveal the father and he did that 1000% very well. He is the express IMAGE ( not PERSON ) of GOD.
And Jesus Christ is God.
Re: 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 08, 2012
aletheia:
And you are desperately blind. One molecule of water? Don't you read? Can't you read. You are as ever the inconsistent hypocrite. Stop whining. If you can attempt to reduce God to Euclidean 3-dimensional arithmetic, I can also attempt to explain using examples from the physical universe.

Here is the answer I gave you. . .

This answer is clear and succinct. . .and all you can see to whine about is "one Molecule of water".

What is there to explain? God the Father, the Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit. . . 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Matthew 4)

MATE you are preaching a false gospel..

The trinity is PAGAN, Period.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Post Your Church Name And Your Position/Duty In Church / The African Origin Of Is-ra-el / Why Are Nigerians So Religious But Corrupt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 198
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.