Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? (9699 Views)

5 Mobile Accessories & Gears You Should Consider Buying! / Top 5 Mobile Apllications You Must Have On Your Mobile Phones / Blackberry Bold 5 Mobile Hot Spot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by phishaman(m): 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2008
As it is, i practically do everything on phone. i might as well go the length wanna know if theres any other thing out there i can use.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by DualCore1: 7:31pm On Jan 05, 2008
what's this now?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by phishaman(m): 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2008
oooops , shoulda mentioned the ones i got.  
Heres my view (it appears in no ranked order);

1. Morange/paystarmobile: totally does instant messaging,mobile news and remote desktop access
2. Profiexplorer: Now i can transfer already installed from my nokia phone via blue tooth
3. FExplorer: go phone digging
4 HandyPhotoSafe: hide images, "im clean"
5. bluecast : multi bluetooth broad cast
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by DualCore1: 7:48pm On Jan 05, 2008
better topic fot this woulda been "Your top 5 mobile applications"

i dont think i can really place my head to think well about mine though. but the opera mod and webcam app would be among.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by phishaman(m): 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2008
@dualcore
thanx. saw your post on the webcam app was quite complex. gave up half way. seems as though the old symbian phones have alot to offer. maybe i should stick with mine. het, you heard of paystarmobile?, can u evaluate and tell me what you think. you seem to have a good knowledge bout this stuff.

http://www.paystarmobile.com/
wap.paystarmobile.com/en.jar
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by lynxnoon(m): 7:56pm On Jan 05, 2008
wel dis r just a few of som apps i have on my phone
1. 8 in 1 MSDict: Dictionary having up to 8 platforms i.e medical, english pro, synonyms, businessetc
2. KJV GO Bible: Dont hav 2 carry any big book to church
3. Call Manager: Can blacklist any no., message or even hide any data i want
4. Simworks Antivirus: Of course does wat most antivirus do, n even beta
5. Handy Zip: compress files n password-protect
6. UMobile: manage my ATM CARD/UBA acct. via my phone

Ps:
men i no go mind get dat "Bluecast" oh wink
Wats d charge rate wen using Morange/Paystarmobile?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by bimbor(m): 7:58pm On Jan 05, 2008
My top 5ive? My phone is filled with applications. ok here are my best 5 in no particular order:
Opera 8.65: The ultimate mobile browser, power with your keypads.
SmartguardPro: Hide anything on your phone from msgs to gallery afterall its your phone plus your bank n credit card info in a safe place.
Fexplorer: Phone made easy
Ashpalt 3d: Race to kill!!
SmartMovie: My phone is as good as a dvd player.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by phishaman(m): 8:00pm On Jan 05, 2008
@lynxnoon
men im getting that 8 in 1 MSDict. The paystarmmobile software has crazy data compression, so u'd probably chat,check your emails with attachments,news etc over an hour and spend about N30 -N35 on gprs charges.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by lynxnoon(m): 8:00pm On Jan 05, 2008
phishaman:

@dualcore
thanx. saw your post on the webcam app was quite complex. gave up half way. seems as though the old symbian phones have alot to offer. maybe i should stick with mine. het, you heard of paystarmobile?, can u evaluate and tell me what you think. you seem to have a good knowledge bout this stuff.

http://www.paystarmobile.com/
wap.paystarmobile.com/en.jar
i think dats true oh
Just got a new phone dat wok on symbian OS6 ver.9, apart from .jar files it keeps rejecting most .sis files i try to install
Pls any1 wit enuf info on dis?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by lynxnoon(m): 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2008
phishaman:

@lynxnoon
men im getting that 8 in 1 MSDict. The paystarmmobile software has crazy data compression, so u'd probably chat,check your emails with attachments,news etc over an hour and spend about N30 -N35 on gprs charges.
wel dats relatively cheap i tink i'll hook up wit d site later
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by DualCore1: 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2008
maaaan, just now, just now i left here see how many replies don show, this is going to be a hot thread, yeeea, now i see the vooodooo behind this thread, from here u can get to know apps u dont have and get them, cool cool cool.

@Poster
let me check that app u made mention of.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by lynxnoon(m): 8:07pm On Jan 05, 2008
Dual Core:

maaaan, just now, just now i left here see how many replies don show, this is going to be a hot thread, yeeea, now i see the vooodooo behind this thread, from here u can get to know apps u don't have and get them, cool cool cool.

@Poster
let me check that app u made mention of.
LOL Dualcore
hw u tk knw? wink
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by phishaman(m): 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2008
@dualcore
Thanx man, waiting to hear what u say.

is there an app for creating themes or does it have to be done only on pc.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by DualCore1: 8:12pm On Jan 05, 2008
@Lynx
grin grin grin
u know a hot thread when u type a post and get this
"Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post."
i don get tht warning 3 times now for this thread.

@all
but how can i use this with mtn now? u know mtn charges per kb . . . poster have u used it on mtn before, plz explain how it works. smiley
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by DualCore1: 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2008
@phishaman
there should be an app tht creates themes for nokia but i havnt searched, i just create my themes using www.ownskin.com

for motorolla razor i use skiman, its an app
get all the crazy things to do to ur motorolla from www.modmymoto.com
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by phishaman(m): 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2008
yeah ive used it for a while, and im on mtn. For me it has been a bloody life saver. i dont go to the cafe for mails or chat anymore. it actualy is easy to use and has this sleek iphone type interface.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by phishaman(m): 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2008
@dualcore
already use ownskin. thought there might be something that generates themes from the phone.

as for that paystarmobile software, because of the data compression you dont spend as much as u would. it even has a section that tells you how many kb u've used. once i slept off and woke up hours later, it had only used 13kb.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by reichx1: 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2008
@all
but how can i use this with mtn now? u know mtn charges per kb . . . poster have u used it on mtn before, plz explain how it works.

all u need 2 do is activate GPRS on r mtn line:
send 'settings' to 3888 and u'll be sent the configuration for ur fone automatically, tho it may take sm tym.

mtn charges 60kobo per kilobyte, and even then its stil really cheap to use PaystarMobile.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by DualCore1: 8:33pm On Jan 05, 2008
thanks everybodi
yeah i already use mtn, even the free one sef (but its limited), i've not use that app before tht's why i was asking.
Thanks, i'm installing it on 3230, installed on 6280 but was saying it couldnt find my connection but it triggers up the gprs (G) sign and connects, i dunno why this happens, i want to use this lower phone to see.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by phishaman(m): 8:34pm On Jan 05, 2008
@reichx1

i guess dualcore was refering to much more than that. how often do u use it?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by phishaman(m): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2008
@dualcore
heres what u do, go to menu/settings/configuration, then personal configuration settings/add new/ access point/ then add all the necessary info, apn,username etc, want that info too?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by DualCore1: 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2008
yep, i think i have the info to add, but to be on the safe side, give me ur own info, if na the same, fine, if not i go use ur own cuz it works for u.

by the way it has connected on my 3230 aka "old faithful never to be sold" grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by reichx1: 8:46pm On Jan 05, 2008
@phishaman

Man, PaystarMobile is more than just a lifesaver!!! it think any serious-minded person shld hav it on their phones.

@dualcore
mtn usually rejects some fones, sayin that they cant be configured automatically, so u'll hav to do it manually

basically, the settings for MTN GPRS are:
Connection name: MTN GPRS
Access Point Name or APN: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Username: web
Password: web
Prompt for Password: No
Authentication: Normal
Proxy Address: 10.199.212.002
Proxy port: 8080
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by DualCore1: 8:48pm On Jan 05, 2008
@ reich and phish
tell me exactly what i can do with this app, whats the kill in it? can i access the internet with it? i.e can i open any link with it.
make una talk na
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by BigEL: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2008
1. Paystarmobile; the thing has changed the way i use my phone, its now just as important as my laptop
2. FExplorer; i can get into every nook & cranny of my phone
3. PowerMP3; the best mobile mp3 playe i've used so far
4. Tetris; what can i say, i've been addicted to this game sine 1993 or so
5. Opera 8; the best browser on the mobile. 2nd best, after firefox on the pc
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by phishaman(m): 8:56pm On Jan 05, 2008
maybe i should just itemize its uses;
1. Email - send and receive, no matter the number of email addys u got
2. chat - using any messenger, yahoo,gtalk etc
3. remote desktop access - that smply means u can see ur computer from anywhere u are as long as ur system is online and has goot the pc version
4. push RSS news
5. paystar community - this is very hi5-ish, well without the multiple pictures but u get to make alot of annoying friends from all over the world

i gues thats it, is there more?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by MrInfo1(m): 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2008
My Top 5 Mobile Applications are as follows

1: OperaSoftware.Opera.8.65
2: mig33
3: Y-Browser v0.75
4: Best CallRecorder V1.02
5: Kamasutra  grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by DualCore1: 9:00pm On Jan 05, 2008
woooohooo, u guyz are driving me nutz, i must learn how to use this app, i dey go jack the whole site.
@Poster, u too much for opening this thread grin
grin wetin u no know, u no go know until dem tell u grin

P.S: its working on the 6280 now, thanks
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by phishaman(m): 9:00pm On Jan 05, 2008
@ infobaba
what does mig33 do?
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by DualCore1: 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2008
@info
kamasutra suppose dey number one naaa, i don see ya talent in tht respect. grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by phishaman(m): 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2008
@ dualcore
men the head buster is when u actully use it fully, if u have any questions , i dey.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Mobile Applications Available? by DualCore1: 9:06pm On Jan 05, 2008
yup there certainly will be questions as i use it, i go dey ask u. thanks man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

topic closed / MTK Engineering Mode Is No Longer Working / Very Hot: Earned ₦500 Free Airtime On Revanga For Signing Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.