Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,580 members, 7,823,518 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Gsm And E-mail, Which Do You Prefer? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Gsm And E-mail, Which Do You Prefer? (1114 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? / Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice / E-mail Spamming May Soon Be Against the Law in Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gsm And E-mail, Which Do You Prefer? by isp1(m): 11:01pm On Jan 06, 2008
This is one of the most puzzling things that has bugged my mind over some months now. I have personally conducted a survey on this offline but would want to do the same here. Here my survey goes.

GSM AND E-MAIL, WHICH DO YOU PREFER?
(Back your choice up with reasons)
Re: Gsm And E-mail, Which Do You Prefer? by niyyie(m): 5:22pm On Jan 07, 2008
By GSM, I take it that you meant SMS.
In my opinion, there is no basis for comparison. They both have their uses and are better utilized based on the circumstances around the user.
Re: Gsm And E-mail, Which Do You Prefer? by isp1(m): 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2008
Since the inception of GSM, people just abandoned the emails. Those who usually go online to send mails and do other things now became lazy about it. They tell you "my mail must have been deactivated because it has been more than 4 months I checked it last. Moreover, since I have my phone what is the need of going to send mails when I can easily call the person and pass my message across."

Is this ideology the best we can figure out?
Re: Gsm And E-mail, Which Do You Prefer? by WebMonk(m): 8:33am On Jan 08, 2008
There's also another angle to this, especially in web business: 'which would you use when discussing with potential customers/clients?'.It'll be how you use each at this stage that the game is won and lost.

Rule of the thumb: always stick to email.phone when it is absolutely necessary, and sparingly at that.email will dictate your pace,give the impression you're a busy outfit,and will dictate how serious the person is.Phone on the other hand would give the opposite,as there are no barriers (one on one - anything goes,especially if you're not a good negotiator).
My contributions.
Re: Gsm And E-mail, Which Do You Prefer? by isp1(m): 3:05pm On Jan 08, 2008
WebMonk:

There also another angle to this, especially in web business 'which would you use when discussing with potential customers/clients?'.then it'll be how you use each that the game is won and lost.

Rule of the thumb: always stick to email.phone when it is absolutely necessary, and sparingly at that.email will dictate your pace,give the impression you're busy outfit,and will dictate how serious the person is.phone would give the opposite,as there are no barriers (one on one - anything goes,especially if you're not a good negotiator).
My contributions.

I believe you!
Re: Gsm And E-mail, Which Do You Prefer? by WebMonk(m): 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2008
Believe it o brother! I learnt this the hard way 2 days ago,phoning a client without anything solid.it degenerated to a bargaining session and even when i reduced my price 15%,he said he'll call later.that was 2 days ago.hence i made it a new year resolution cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Web Designer Wanted. We Want To Redesign The Website / Pls, Kindly Help A Brother, Who's New To Web Design. / This Web Development Thing... What Clients Need To Understand. Or You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.