Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,407 members, 7,958,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:23 AM

Christian Dating & "God Said Things" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Dating & "God Said Things" (830 Views)

Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship / God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye / Why Is Christian Dating So Difficult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Dating & "God Said Things" by solid3(m): 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
Let me paint a scenerio here:

You find a girl/lady you like, approached her and tell her your feelings and asked her out. She respond by saying she want God to confirm to her that its you. Then she returns and say God did not say anything either "Yes" or "No" concerning you.

Subsequetly, you confirm from God and God gave you specific signs and yet she maitains God did not say anything about you.

But rather she says it seems like God is saying it is sombody else who hasnt approached her on such ish for years.

What will you do?
Re: Christian Dating & "God Said Things" by yemisolar(m): 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2012
first of all, i have issues with this 'thus saith the lord' because it takes some one who has walked with God on other things to hear Him without mixing emotions with it. This is a stage a lot of christians have not gotten to.

for instance if God tells one person that a sister is his divinely chosen wife and along the line the sister dies, does it mean that the guy will remain single or God has to 'shop' for another sister for him?

I believe God tells you the 'kind' of person to marry & you essentially have to work out the details.

Coming to your question, you cannot force anyone to hear God or marry you so you need to look at other options. do a sincere appraisal of yourself 'cos she might be looking at other factors such as education, finance etc.

Finally, bieng rejected is not the end of the world. Dont allow it to affect your self esteem. If you look around well there are good ladies around you who are dying to have your proposal.
Re: Christian Dating & "God Said Things" by solid3(m): 6:25am On Sep 06, 2012
^^ In other words, you see this as an outright rejection of proposal and the earlier the guy moves on the better? And no possibility of the lady getting a confirmation from God?
Re: Christian Dating & "God Said Things" by yemisolar(m): 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2012
*solid*:
^^ In other words, you see this as an outright rejection of proposal and the earlier the guy moves on the better? And no possibility of the lady getting a confirmation from God?

the fact that she thinks it is someone else shows that she is not looking in your direction. The God i know does not have to push your file from table to table to give His children a reply. I am married and trust me, If you want to wait, you might wait forever.

It is my believe that a man with vision and purpose will not wait a year for a response to a proposal. Time is too precious.

(1) (Reply)

End Times: Church Brands Members With '666' Tattoos / Adeboye's Authority Is Weaning. He Is To Be Ousted! / Think Ur Way Back 2 Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.