Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye (15397 Views)

Primate Ayodele: Buhari Can’t Take Us To Promise Land, Nigeria Will Break Up / Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by omobachi(m): 4:24am On Dec 01, 2007
According to Pastor Adejare Adeboye, the church, the society and our country are moving to the next level of greatness. He said, “The entity called Nigeria is going to be the greatest of all countries in the world cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool,” so said the God Almighty, Adeboye.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/11112007/features.html

How do we know a true prophet of God, we know a true prophet when the prophecy he says come to pass, Pastor Adeboye is a respected true prophet in Nigeria and all over the world because of the evident and undenialable supernatural happenings around his ministry, and many prophesies that are reality.

BUT wait

even if there is a prophesy that you are going to become the next billionaire in dallas, if you just sit at home and sleep, my friend you may not fulfil destiny, if Nigeria should continue in the way she has been going about doing business then am sorry o.
So my people don't just sit there and fold your hands, contribute in the best way you can so you can fulfil your own destiny, so that Nigeria can fulfil her God given Destiny.
Spread the word, Peace. cheesy cool cheesy cool wink wink
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Danmasani(m): 4:41am On Dec 01, 2007
I remember watching E.A Adeboye 'prophesing' at a RCCMG conference in 2002/2003 that Olusegun Osoba who at that time was seeking re-election for the office of governor of Ogun state, will win. His words were that God 'revealed' to him that "there was no vacancy in the governor's house, in Jesus name".

My take is this- Adeboye, I am very certain does not speak for God-atleast ever since Osoba lost that election to Gbenga Daniels!
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by doyin13(m): 5:48am On Dec 01, 2007
A Nigeria will be the greatest nation speech has to be the greatest con lipsrsealed
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 6:36am On Dec 01, 2007
Mr. Adeboye and other mega-rich, jet-setting religious fraudsters, who prey on the poor by promising them wealth in heaven in exchange for relieving them of what little cash they have to live on here on earth, will no doubt regard Nigeria as THE promised land where the poor troop out to meekly hand over their puny savings to screaming fat bible-thumping tricksters who buy luxury vehicles, private jets and real estate all over the world while their deceived victims quietly starve at home.

Yes sir indeed.  Pastor Adeboye must absolutely love the fact that in Nigeria a thousand gullible religion-sedated suckers are born every minute, rather than just one.   Praise the lord, and give me your wallet if you don't want to wind up in hell.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by omoge25(f): 6:40am On Dec 01, 2007
I thank God for Daddy Geo and his message, and as a believer I thank God for this next great phase for naija. I know naija will be great, its already happen in the spiritual world it will come to pass in the physical. smiley

1 Like

Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 6:54am On Dec 01, 2007
It takes me at least 4 shots of local gin to reach that "spiritual world"  Omoge25,  so how about saving me the trouble and giving me a full synopsis of latest developments in that hallucinatory realm.   And while you are at it, can I have some money to cover prayers that will assure your continued bliss ?
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by denex: 11:43am On Dec 01, 2007
I don't know about all this O! Nigeria will definitely be among the 10 greatest nations in the world including Brazil, India, Russia, the USA, Japan, China and Germany. But I don't know about this prophecy. I really do not know.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by anusule(m): 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2007
Nigeria is going to be a great nation, we all knew that before the 'prophesy',
i believe in prophesies but not from boat-cruising pastors
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by otokx(m): 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2007
That this topic is in the political section and not in the religious section speaks volumes. Nigeria will not and never be great if we continue allow some people to tell us God said when He did not. No be Femi talk sa na pastor life dey better, we should read the bible to know the mind of God and in our little corner do the right thing.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by mazaje(m): 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2007
Nigeria is dying because of religion, stupid criminals that go around lying and defrauding people of what little possesions they have, i remember when pastor chris okotie came out publicly and decleared that he was choosen by God to rule over our dear nation but failed, yet people still believed in that stupid liar and his fables, people still go to his church and give out all their life savings for the service he offers(instilling fear and promising hope). Kai nigerians when are we going to open our eyes? i still maintain that i live in an athiest country and the people have all what they need in life, they don't believe in any god or gods but they live longer, have more disposable income and are far better and honest than the average nigerian that knows nothing but god and religion. we have tried this for years and it has'nt gotten us any where as a people lets learn to stop believeing in these fraudsters that parade them selves as men of God and end up reaping us of of all our little possesions.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2007
mazaje:

Nigeria is dying because of religion, stupid criminals that go around lying and defrauding people of what little possesions they have, i remember when pastor chris okotie came out publicly and decleared that he was choosen by God to rule over our dear nation but failed, yet people still believe in that stupid liar and his fables, people still go to his church and give out all the life savings for the service he offers(instilling fear and promising hope). Kai nigerians when are we going to open our eyes? i still maintain that i live in an athiest country and the people have all what they need in life, they don't believe in any god or gods but they live longer, have more disposable income and are far better and honest than the average nigerian that knows nothing but god and religion. we have tried this for years and it has,nt gotten us any where a people lets learn to stop believeing in these fraudsters that parade them selves as men of God and end up reaping us of of all our little possesions.

I believe in prophesy and even I know that not all prophesies are true. That does not mean ALL prophecies are wrong or lies. But then again, I believe in prophecies and I believe Nigeria could be a great nation someday soon and that will happen when we as a people start to open our eyes to see what is happening and actually do something positive about it. We have all we need to build a powerful nation already, infact we have had all that for decades, we just need to stop with the faking and the bickering and the whining and the groveling and do what needs to be done to move us to where we need to be.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Jen33(m): 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2007
Jakumo the spirit world is not hallucinatory. It is real.

We call it the 'spirit' world, with all its quasi religious connotations, but in reality what it means is the inhabited world within the 99.9995% of the universe invisible to our five human senses.

Humans only 'see' matter that reflects light. This is what scientists call the electromgnetic spectrum. This constitutes 0.005% of all matter in the universe. In reality we're virtyally BLIND as humans.

When we 'die', our consciousness, or soul, which is not dependent on our electromagnetic reflection we call a 'body', to exist, continues to exist and be visible in the REAL WORLD ie the 99.995% of the universe.

This is the region we call ''the spirit world'' but in reality the entities there are no more 'spirit' than we are. They're just more exposed and powerful.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by NihilceM: 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2007
Jen33:

We call it the 'spirit' world, with all its quasi religious connotations, but in reality what it means is the inhabited world within the 99.9995% of the universe invisible to our five human senses.

Humans only 'see' matter that reflects light. This is what scientists call the electromgnetic spectrum. This constitutes 0.005% of all matter in the universe. In reality we're virtyally BLIND as humans.

When we 'die', our consciousness, or soul, which is not dependent on our electromagnetic reflection we call a 'body', to exist, continues to exist and be visible in the REAL WORLD ie the 99.995% of the universe.

This is the region we call ''the spirit world'' but in reality the entities there are no more 'spirit' than we are. They're just more exposed and powerful.

What the hell??
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by omobachi(m): 8:59pm On Dec 01, 2007
Prophecy is spiritual, spiritual things are discern by the spiritual mind, spiritual things are not common, not for unbelieving faithless people, and God uses who ever he wants and Adeboye is one of such people.

BUT this not my focus, my point is this, whether prophecy or no prophecy what are you doing to make your people better, your country a better place.

THANK YOU
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by OEPHIUS(m): 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2007
this not my focus, my point is this, whether prophecy or no prophecy what are you doing to make your people better, your country a better place.

True talk
we have heard all this prophecy before
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Nobody: 3:50am On Dec 02, 2007
i believe in the prophet of god
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 5:26am On Dec 02, 2007
mazaje:

Nigeria is dying because of religion, stupid criminals that go around lying and defrauding people of what little possesions they have, i remember when pastor chris okotie came out publicly and decleared that he was choosen by God to rule over our dear nation but failed, yet people still believed in that stupid liar and his fables, people still go to his church and give out all their life savings for the service he offers(instilling fear and promising hope). Kai nigerians when are we going to open our eyes? i still maintain that i live in an athiest country and the people have all what they need in life, they don't believe in any god or gods but they live longer, have more disposable income and are far better and honest than the average nigerian that knows nothing but god and religion. we have tried this for years and it has'nt gotten us any where as a people lets learn to stop believeing in these fraudsters that parade them selves as men of God and end up reaping us of of all our little possesions.

Maz your words ring true.  Religion is in fact a very large part of the reason that Nigeria is the den of thieves it has come to be today.   There are more churches, mosques, "miracle mountains" and assorted other venues where smooth taking "holy men" steal from the poor per square mile in Nigeria than in any other country on earth, AND YET, Nigeria has rightfully earned itself a global reputation for being a land of embezzlers, extortionists, drug traffickers, internet 419 conmen and uniformed robbers, ALL of whom invoke God with every breath as they persue their lives of crime, deceit and exploitation.

Look at all the buffoons in this thread alone, muttering sternly about the "spiritual realm" as though such fairy tales have even the remotest bearing on the real world.  Those are the sort of folks that would happily hand over their life savings to ANYONE that can lie convincingly about being a hocus-pocus messenger from any of the various fictitious magical entities dreamed up by swindlers to separate the gullible from their money. 

The determintion as to whether or not Nigeria can lose its reputation as "Crime Central" of the known world will not be made by money-grubbing  charlatan pastors and other such miracle-promising criminals, but by factors and forces firmly rooted in REALITY, and ranging from geo-political to economic and even technological.  If, for example, a viable and renewable energy source is discovered in the next few years, the crude oil on which all Nigeria's grandiose projections depend will lose much of its strategic and monetary value overnight, regardless of how loud Pastor Adeboye and his ilk bellow to the contrary in their road-side cattle sheds.

Jen33:

Jen 33 you evidently come from the school of thought that lives by the saying " If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit" .    Thankfully I do not understand a single word of your unhinged babbling, and that is a very good thing, since I would otherwise be worried enough about my sanity to check myself in for psychiatric evaluation.  But hey, go ahead on in the exploration of your brain's fantasy landscapes dude, and if you can spare a little, please send me at least a small sample of whatever it is that you are smoking on.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by ono(m): 8:54am On Dec 02, 2007
I'll attempt an interpretation of Jen33's entry.

All of what we see, feel, taste and all that is 0.005% of the universe's constituent. The rest can only be seen by the ''Spirits''. Jen33 surely agree with what's in the Bible. . . . .it's just that he's seeing things from the scientific point. But the Bible and the bit of science he knows surely converged in that regard. Now, that gladdens my heart. . . . . . that at least there abounds evidence to support my faith in life after death, greatness of the spiritual things to the physical and the vastness of God's powers.

So, I'll still stick to christianity and the Bible. The Bible is quite simple to read and understand . . . . much simpler compared to Jen33's mumbo jumbo.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Sijien(m): 3:37pm On Dec 02, 2007
all this pastors dem don come again angry
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by folahann(m): 3:55pm On Dec 02, 2007
May be this will work! Nigeria is the greatest for some people and for others it's a hell
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by SweetT1: 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2007
@Poster

Nigeria will be great when the common citizens quit thinking about themselves and think about what benefits their nation or moreso what benefit their neighbors. Nigeria will be great when an average nigerian consider corruption as abormination ! Nigeria will be great when most of her citizens do not spend 7 days a week, 6 hours a day in some church program. Use some of that time to be innovative and resourceful ! A great nation begins with a resourceful individual. Religion is good, so is hard, productive work.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by oziomatv(m): 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2007
@POSTER AND HIS SO CALLED MONEY HUNGRY PASTOR, IN WHAT WAY DO NIGERIA IMPROVE HIS THINGS TO START WITH?
PASTORS ONLY PREACH MIRRACLES AND HOLY GHOST POWER WHICH HAS NEVER DELIVER US FROM A COMMON MALERIA.
I THINK IN MATERS LIKE COUNTRY'S DEVELOPMENT WE SHOULD NOT MENTION ALL THESE BORN AGAIN PEOPLE THEY HAVE SET US BACKWARD ENUOGH NOT TO TALK DDECEIVING OTHERS.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by UNLEASHED(m): 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2007
I shall not criticize the anointed man of God but what I know and believe is that Nigeria is moving to a greater height under good governance.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by oziomatv(m): 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2007
bros let us be truthful to ourself wetin de better for nigeria and which day we go vote for a better govt.
since churches has come to be a business in nigeria I don't value anybody calling himself pastor as an anoited man they are all businessmen.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by oziomatv(m): 5:27pm On Dec 02, 2007
Prophecy is spiritual, spiritual things are discern by the spiritual mind, spiritual things are not common, not for unbelieving faithless people, and God uses who ever he wants and Adeboye is one of such people.

BUT this not my focus, my point is this, whether prophecy or no prophecy what are you doing to make your people better, your country a better place.

THANK YOU
@omobachi, you that is talking tell me your own contribution to the nation if not what your humble pastor said out of over happiness of seeing his pocket getting full from the contributions and collections in his church offerings. then you're proud enough to table the issue in the boadroom of intelectuals here in nairaland.
please send a serious issue.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by kemd: 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2007
God bless Daddy G.O. i really believe nigeria will be great country
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2007
I believe in God but i am not sure i trust what the man of God said. He is been saying this for donkey years, am not sure God is that sentimental, he won't make us great because we are praying or speaking in tongue. We attached too much to religion and faith without work is nothing.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by philip404u: 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2007
Hmmm I no fit talk lipsrsealed
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by hbrednic: 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2007
prophecy my aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssss.
just give me your hard earned money and you will be bleeeeesssssssseeeeeeed.

nigeria can only be great if we think and work towards making it great.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by Nwaka77: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2007
Nigeria wil be great when we stop the corruption that has eaten into all facets of our society and all Nigerians work hard towards ther betterment of the nation. Only then, can a great Nigeria emerge.
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by MrTurkey(m): 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2007
oooooh, is he just realising this?
Re: God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye by subice(m): 9:48pm On Dec 02, 2007
Without saying that the prophesy isn't true, it's not rocket science that Nigeria would most certainly be among the top nations in the world IF:
we had adequate and uninterrupted power supply,
good governance,
shun corruption,
spent less time talking and more time doing,
we had a better educational system
etc.

It's easy to see that God as blessed us with all that we need. However, like Isreal in the Bible, we have to do the right things and have the right attitudes, especially those in positions of authority. Otherwise, that prophesy would be a long time coming!

I believe in God using people, however I don't just take what any man of God, however 'great' , says without applying logic and reason. He (or she) is still human afterall and subject to sentiment and personal philosophy. I'll take the Word of God over whatever any man of God says anyday. Generally speaking, people should to this more rather than 'follow' their pastors like zombies cos there's a lot of 'fake' ones out there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? / 2015 Prophetic Prayers, Declarations And Confessions / "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.