Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? (4235 Views)

Forbes Enlists Oscar Onyema, NSE Boss, In “10 Most Powerful Men In Africa” List / Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: / Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by detopshot(m): 9:29am On Jun 23, 2009
I opened an acct with a broker and paid N50,000 for stocks purchase, i was bought stocks worth N42,950
from d Alert i got from NSE-CSCS. Does anyone know how much i ought to pay as total commission to buy stocks of that value? again, what is the total percentage charged for buy deals and that of sell deals?
Re: What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by ObamaUS: 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2009
the total % should be a maximum of 5%, so u shouldn't be charged more than 2500,
Re: What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by Millionair(m): 4:19am On Jun 24, 2009
Ask your stockbroker to give you the details of the transaction
Re: What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by janykute: 6:59am On Jun 24, 2009
ObamaUS:

the total % should be a maximum of 5%, so u shouldn't be charged more than 2500,
The 5% should be for buying and selling i suppose?
Re: What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by ObamaUS: 7:19am On Jun 24, 2009
the 5% is the commission charged for buying and selling
Re: What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by Remii(m): 7:20am On Jun 24, 2009
Find out details from your broker it is either you have some money left in your account or the shares were bought at higher prices than what you are using to calculate now, you know the bears are back now, just ask for transaction details. It is about 2.5% buying and 2.6% seliing all charges inclusive, so you have to buy and sell the same stock to get charged +- 5%
Re: What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by freshmoney(m): 8:42am On Jun 24, 2009
detopshot:

I opened an acct with a broker and paid N50,000 for stocks purchase, i was bought stocks worth N42,950
from d Alert i got from NSE-CSCS. Does anyone know how much i ought to pay as total commission to buy stocks of that value? again, what is the total percentage charged for buy deals and that of sell deals?

Detopshot can you kindly link me up with your broker. I need a broker urgently. Thanks
Re: What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by ObamaUS: 9:06am On Jun 24, 2009
@freshmoney, u can contact KAPITAL CARE AND TRUST SECURITIES, call daniel on 08033771392
Re: What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by baron2000(m): 11:05am On Jun 24, 2009
total charged for a buy order executed is 2.36% while that of a sell order is 2.63. totaling 4.99. this charges have been reviwed downward but are yet to reflect on the new transactions as brokers are still negotiating with the NSE and SEC. ask your broker for what is called an in-house account statement. its usually printed on demand
Re: What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by nosmas: 11:18am On Jun 24, 2009
this is the charge structure for all brokers in nigeria for every standard buy and sell transaction
BUY SIDE SELL SIDE
SEC FEE = 0.30% NSE FEE= 0.25%
COMMISSION =1.35% COMMISSION =1.35%
STAMP DUTY=0.075% STAMP DUTY=0.075%
CSCS TRADE ALERT=0.06% CSCS TRADE ALERT=0.06%
CSCS TRnsaction fee=0.3%

TOTAL=1.785% TOTAL=2.035%

this is max any broker will charge you for a stardard service of buy and sell. anything above is is fraud
Re: What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by nosmas: 11:27am On Jun 24, 2009
let me add that the percentage is of what they buy for you or sell for you. pls always requet for your contract note after every transaction. thanks
Re: What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by rayshiy: 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2009
HI NAIRALANDER,

I NEED INFO ON 1ST BANK SHARE, ARE THEY DECLARING DIVIDEND AND WHEN?, ANY BONUS ISSUE & @ WHAT RATE? WHEN ARE THEY CLOSING THEIR BOOK FOR LAST YEAR AUDITED ACCOUNTS?

UR RESPONSE WILL BE HIGLY APPRECIATED PLEASE!!!
Re: What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by badboym: 11:26pm On Jun 24, 2009
For me they charge 3% when am buying and the same when am selling.As for the poster you need to ask your broker how much they're charging you and sometimes when you order for a stock,take for example like today,the price must have changed as at when it's been bought most especially when you don't buy it the same day you signed the mandate.
Re: What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by sonety2k(m): 9:22am On Jun 25, 2009
cool
Re: What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? by kadman(m): 4:28pm On Jun 28, 2009
The same thing happened to me when I first started trading back in 2007,I went charging to their office,but they told me to calm down the balance was in my account with them,that was what they were able to buy for me. So check your extra money should be in your account with them in cash !

(1) (Reply)

IT TAKES A CERTAIN LEVEL OF WISDOM TO KNOW THE RIGHT THING TO INVEST IN / Make Your First Dollar For Free Today, See Pictures / Dumping My Bitcoins. Selling Below Market Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.