Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: (2637 Views)

Forbes Enlists Oscar Onyema, NSE Boss, In “10 Most Powerful Men In Africa” List / What Percentage Do You Pay As Commission For Every Buy and Sell Deals on NSE? / Trading Shares On NSE Right From Your Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by simpletron: 1:05am On Aug 11, 2009
Hi Pros in Nairaland,

Suppose I have N1m (One Million Naira) to be taken to the NSE, as @ present, what stock would you advise that I look out for?

Thanks,

Simpletron. smiley
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by feasy1(m): 10:43am On Aug 11, 2009
Are you looking at short term or long term investment?

This is the time that the intelligent investors hit d market
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by simpletron: 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2009
Well, short term, say, 3 to 4 months.

Feasy, what's your give?

Thanks.

-Simpletron
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by simpletron: 11:38pm On Aug 12, 2009
Hey Nairalanders!

Does it mean there's none in this forum that can give me a lead in my quest? This is puzzling unbelieveable! I know that stock market is a market that thrives on information, for instance, and I have assumed that of all the 378,124 (and still growing) members we have in this forum there are at least a few that should readily have their fingers on issues like these. Common 9ralanders, let's help me make money here. Help me out ASAP!!!

I have a bit of a Million 9ra to take to the NSE. What should I look out for in the market? Short term though.

Thanks.

Simpletron  smiley
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by HAH: 9:01am On Aug 13, 2009
i was with my broker last week i had 2m to invest he advised me to buy afribank and i bought woth 1.6 and phb worth 400k . i have plan to dispose them by december so he advised these have promising returns. cheers
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by DeepSoul(f): 9:29am On Aug 13, 2009
First Bank is a good buy for short term @ d ryt price. I bought it for abt N13 two weeks ago.
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by feasy1(m): 10:10am On Aug 14, 2009
Deep Soul:

First Bank is a good buy for short term @ d ryt price. I bought it for abt N13 two weeks ago.

thats a good buy even for long term.
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by feasy1(m): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2009
simpletron:

Well, short term, say, 3 to 4 months.

Feasy, what's your give?

Thanks.

-Simpletron

Simpletron, NAHCO will be a good buy, if you get First Bank around N14, it will be a good buy for short term too
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by Btzzk: 7:17pm On Aug 14, 2009
I plan to add 10m naira to my portfolio to average down my losses; this is my take on that.
First bank
GTB
Nahco
Skye bank
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by atilla(m): 7:36pm On Aug 14, 2009
@simple

why dont u open a stock broking acccount then ask your broker to advice you. Stockbrokers have analysts and researchers that can do that for you based on your investment objective and the information you give them. That will be better.
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by car1: 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2009
Based on the numbers: PRICE, PER, EPS, NBVPS (Net Book Value Per Share).

SKYEBANK PLC and INTERCONTINENTAL BANK are the most undervalued stocks.

Do the maths and see what I'm talking about or consult a stock analyst.
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by gunpoint(m): 7:57pm On Aug 14, 2009
do zenith. . . .
it'l do u wonders, same 4 oda hauz peeps, price is gona fly soon, real soon. . .
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by Melifew(m): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2009
i think UBA is a good buy at 11 naira for short term
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by simpletron: 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2009
@Atilla: why dont u open a stock broking acccount then ask your broker to advice you. Stockbrokers have analysts and researchers that can do that for you based on your investment objective and the information you give them. That will be better.

Thanks atilla for your response. I am sure that it was meant to point me to the take-off point. But how can I be talking about investing for short term if I do not have a Stockbroker? To be honest, the so called brokers are my headache! They advice you based on their needs, or perhaps on their quest for profit taking. They tell you what to buy and while you are 'yet alive' the price of the expected bullish stock will nose dive ridiculously leaving you with no option! I have lost over 7m due to this in the last 2 years. Just a couple of weeks ago, UBA was selling @ a low price of less than N11 (so were other banking stocks) and I ordered a buy with N2m. Unbelieveably, two distinct stockbrokers bought UBA for me when it became almost  N14. Look @ the price of UBA today (I am not panicking though). I am wearied of loosing my money again, hence my quest!

By the way, how can we prevent these people from making money @ our expense? Will it be appropriate to say, for instance, if the price rises above so and so, don't buy? 9ralander, what's your give? This is a clarion call!

Simpletron smiley
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by simpletron: 1:07am On Aug 15, 2009
@gunpoint: do zenith. . . .
it'l do u wonders, same 4 oda hauz peeps, price is gona fly soon, real soon. . .

Are you really sure on this? How sure are you? Are there any facts?

-Simpletron
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by otokx(m): 1:37am On Aug 15, 2009
bros match brake
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by uzo3000: 1:40am On Aug 15, 2009
i like this
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 15, 2009
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by bigx(m): 4:02am On Aug 15, 2009
Hmmmnnn, for short term I think the first bank is good enough, theey have disclosed their losses and we know where they stand and they are also very shareholder friendly, and, Their last public offer was N33 so its rather alright though nowadays you can't really predict the market and you need a fast broker wink By the way, forget about depending on brokers advice (talking from experience here), they make their money whether you gain or you loose.
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by Remii(m): 9:07am On Aug 15, 2009
atilla:

@simple

why dont u open a stock broking acccount then ask your broker to advice you. Stockbrokers have analysts and researchers that can do that for you based on your investment objective and the information you give them. That will be better.

You need to be very careful when discusing with so called brokers, from experience, it is either they are not as informed as we think or they are callous, most of us who trusted them in the past have been burnt severely. I will advice you educate yourself about stock investment so as to be able to evaluate and confirm their advises. At the end of the you are responsible for whatever happens to your money, even if they advise you wrongly.
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by mbulela: 9:54am On Aug 15, 2009
the market is not worth being in.
there is lots of unclear dynamics therein.
no economic abd finace professor can decipher the happenings in that market.
i closed my account last week after suffering a loss of over 1.5 million (no much in some opinion but a lot for me).
i will advise you look well before you leap.
that market is seriously manipulated and i am yet to be proven otherwise.
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by obimind(m): 2:24pm On Aug 15, 2009
No doubt! We can't do without these stock brokers.
However,we would be on a safer side if we can find time to study more about stockbroking, rather than depending on these stockbrokers who take advantage of our ignorance.
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by obimind(m): 2:24pm On Aug 15, 2009
However,we would be on a safer side if we can find time to study more about stockbroking, rather than depending on these stockbrokers who take advantage of our ignorance.
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by obimind(m): 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2009
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by obimind(m): 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2009
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by Tolulop001(f): 7:34pm On Aug 15, 2009
wonder how this will fly with this issue of sacking 5 ceos in the banking sector.
anyway before all this drama Stanbic IBTC research has been consistently giving a BUY reccomendation for Diamond Bank
mingh wanna look into that
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by atilla(m): 9:51pm On Aug 15, 2009
@all
You have to be very careful how u place ur orders with brokers. Right now i work for a broking firm so im speaking from the inside, I would advice you to ask ur 2 brokers to make investemt proposals for you comprising of three-4 stocks, u can now peruse. Secondly make ur decision from the common stocks that appear between both proposals. Thirdly always have a written mandate where u state ur price limits and units NEVER give verbal orders like 'buy gtb of 1million worth, ' fourthly Ask ur brokers WHY tHey chosee the stocks there have to be good reasons not guesses Fifth thing always do ur own research, check proshare, stockmarketnigeria, big brokers websites e.t.c for RECENT NEWS of the companies before u buy.

Goodluck.
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by drn0(m): 4:41am On Aug 16, 2009
u don dey begin chuk head 4 NSE? BEAWARE OOOO!
Re: Quest On NSE Bullish Stocks: by gowaga68: 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2009
I have been dreaming of investing with my little owo but i keep finding it diffecult to get a good broker,do any one know of any good brokin firm ,cos i was thinkin of GTB asset management.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Investors Needed For a Nigeria Startup Business With a Huge Prospect... / Legit Way Of Making 30% On Your Investment In 2weeks. / Penny Wise Wealth Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.