Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition (5655 Views)

This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
There are four verses in the Christian Bible that state that God will make, or has made in a prophetic sense, a new earth. So being curious I asked, If all the saved are going to go to heaven after death then why is there going to be a new earth?

Here are the scriptures that mention the new earth.

Isaiah 65:17
"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind."

Isaiah 66:22
"For as the new heavens and the new earth Which I will make shall remain before Me," says Yahweh, "So shall your descendants and your name remain."

2 Peter 3:13
"Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells."

Revelation 21:1
"Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

Revelation 3:12b
"the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God"

Why does the "new Jerusalem" come down out of heaven if all the saved are going to be in heaven? There is one other interesting note that has to do with the earth in the future. What is it that the meek are to inherit?

Matthew 5:5
"Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth."

Psalm 25:13
"He himself shall dwell in prosperity, And his descendants shall inherit the earth."

Psalm 37:9 - 11
"For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on Yahweh, They shall inherit the earth. 10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. 11 But the meek shall inherit the earth, And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."

Psalm 37:22
"For those blessed by Him shall inherit the earth, But those cursed by Him shall be cut off."

Isaiah 49:8
"Thus says Yahweh: 'In an acceptable time I have heard You, And in the day of salvation I have helped You; I will preserve You and give You As a covenant to the people, To restore the earth, To cause them to inherit the desolate heritages;'"
Do the meek own the earth now? No, I don't think so, but will the meek own the earth in the next age?

Revelation 5:10
"And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth".

Proverbs 10:30
"The righteous will never be removed, But the wicked will not inhabit the earth."

Proverbs 2:22
"But the wicked will be cut off from the earth, And the unfaithful will be uprooted from it."

Proverbs 11:31
"If the righteous will be recompensed on the earth, How much more the ungodly and the sinner."

Ecclesiastes 1:4
A generation passes away, and a generation comes; but the earth remains forever.

About this point one might hear a person say, "Well it doesn't matter where we are as long as we are with the Lord." I know how frustrating it is for those of you who study the scriptures to hear that last statement. If something is true and it is taught in the Bible then we understand how important it is for our understanding. God did not put anything in scripture that was unnecessary to our understanding. I should mention one thing for your further study. "heaven" and "the kingdom of heaven" are not necessarily the same thing.

Zephaniah 2:3, 12
"Seek Yahweh, all you meek of the earth, Who have upheld His justice. Seek righteousness, seek humility. It may be that you will be hidden In the day of the Lord's anger.
12 I will leave in your midst A meek and humble people, And they shall trust in the name of Yahweh."

http://www.gospelminutes.org/earth.php
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
My deductions :

1. The dead are still dead , both wicked, rich, good , poor , small and great.

2. Christ arrives with the trump sound of the arch angel

3. The dead in Christ are raised first with immortal bodies

4. We who are alive will meet the Lord in the air and our bodies will be changed to immortal in the twinkling of an eye.

5. Then Christ comes with us to earth to judge the wicked

6. After judgement, the wicked are punished, destroyed and cut off from the earth, together with Satan and his demons.

7. The earth is made new

8. We dwell in this new earth with Christ as our king forever.

Mind you this is just my deduction, I will enjoy to hear your own views so that we can scripturally and humbly complete the puzzle. I only have part of it. smiley

Peace brothers and sisters.
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2012
So the wicked will be cut off from the earth by total destruction with the old order of things.

It is the wicked who will be removed from the earth not us.

Let us take heart.

God bless.
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2012
a new earth simply means - a new set of righteous citizens on earth just as a new heaven simply means a new set of rulership on earth. they dont actually mean physical places. they are people. 'renewed righteous people'

Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
Since making heaven is only by GRACE, it is indeed possible that no one would go to heaven. It would be only by God's mercies or maybe need for companionship..
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 06, 2012
musKeeto: Since making heaven is only by GRACE, it is indeed possible that no one would go to heaven. It would be only by God's mercies or maybe need for companionship..

You did not quite get it, or maybe you did.

My point is , that the righteous will inhabit a new heaven and new earth with new bodies , immortal bodies for that matter, while the wicked will be cut off from the earth forever.
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Image123(m): 8:22pm On Sep 06, 2012
They knew that they were Pilgrims and they desired a better place, that is an heavenly.
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
Image123: They knew that they were Pilgrims and they desired a better place, that is an heavenly.

Next time bro, add the other part of the verse grin

"Instead, they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them." - Hebrews 11:16

OR

"For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God." - Hebrews 11:10
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by MacDaddy01: 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
God must be the author of confusion!

People arguing over fairytales.

Frosbel admitting that the bible is a puzzle!

Kai!

A new earth= Buzugee's interpretation..new earth is symbolic for a new set of people grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Image123(m): 9:12pm On Sep 06, 2012
frosbel:

Next time bro, add the other part of the verse grin

"Instead, they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them." - Hebrews 11:16

OR

"For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God." - Hebrews 11:10
what's funny? that the earth is a city?
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
Image123:
what's funny? that the earth is a city?

Ah okay , sorry smiley

I was under the deluded impression that you meant we all go to heaven when we die !
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Image123(m): 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2012
frosbel:

Ah okay , sorry smiley

I was under the deluded impression that you meant we all go to heaven when we die !
you certainly sound deluded. The verse you are v.happy to quote says nothing about this earth, which you claim as your home, but speaks of a HEAVENly city. not this earth been referred to as a city.

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2012
Image123:
you certainly sound deluded. The verse you are v.happy to quote says nothing about this earth, which you claim as your home, but speaks of a HEAVENly city. not this earth been referred to as a city.

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Thank you Christian for your 'politeness'.

However, if you cannot read the scripture verses quoted above , about a new heaven and new earth, I cannot help you.

God's heavenly kingdom is coming to earth with Christ our first born brother as King.

If you cannot perceive this , no problem, in due time you will.
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Image123(m): 10:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
i didn't expect you to see it.I'll be a little surprised if you see or hear anything in your state. my post was for those that have ears to hear and eyes to see.
about polite, which btw is relative, you were the first to admit to being personally under a deluded impression. good night
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2012
I have noticed that on Nairaland, you can post all the logic, facts and evidence and our members will walk past it all as if they are blind.
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 07, 2012
Coming from a Xtian, that made me lol..
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by JIL(m): 8:51am On Sep 07, 2012
frosbel: I have noticed that on Nairaland, you can post all the logic, facts and evidence and our members will walk past it all as if they are blind.

James 1:19 'Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry'

Prov 10:19 'In the multitude of words sin is not lacking,But he who restrains his lips is wise'
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by MacDaddy01: 8:58am On Sep 07, 2012
frosbel: I have noticed that on Nairaland, you can post all the logic, facts and evidence and our members will walk past it all as if they are blind.

lol....hypocrisy in abundance! Hypocrite frosbel
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 07, 2012
JIL:

James 1:19 'Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry'

Prov 10:19 'In the multitude of words sin is not lacking,But he who restrains his lips is wise'

Indeed.

However in my opinion, Bible exposition amongst truth seekers is a necessity in this day and age of confusion in a divided church.
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by JIL(m): 10:25am On Sep 07, 2012
frosbel:

Indeed.

However in my opinion, Bible exposition amongst truth seekers is a necessity in this day and age of confusion in a divided church.

Indeed, not!

Not in a forum that is infested with jobless Atheists. You can seek to achieve that in a Christian meeting or forum.
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 07, 2012
JIL:

Indeed, not!

Not in a forum that is infested with jobless Atheists. You can seek to achieve that in a Christian meeting or forum.

I take your advice and humbly so.

I have 2 blogs which are hardly used, maybe this will be a good time to build them up for use.

A Christian forum or paltalk also comes to mind.

Anyway thanks for getting me thinking.
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2012
@frosbel
i believe the saved shall first go to heaven and then come down to earth. After the one thousand years of desolation on the earth.
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 07, 2012
EMILO2STAY: @frosbel
i believe the saved shall first go to heaven and then come down to earth. After the one thousand years of desolation on the earth.

Can you kindly show me in the bible where it says we will go to heaven when we die !
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by ijawkid(m): 8:53am On Sep 08, 2012

My belief from the scriptures is definitly righteous persons will live on this earth forever.........not all good persons will go to heaven........

Jesus's word confirms that @ matthew 5;3 $ 5

New International Version (NIV)
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.

Jesus said it and I believe it.....

Add me up on WAGSKEHINDE@yahoo.com
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:37am On Sep 08, 2012
@frosbel
i am not saying that we go to heaven after death. I mean at the last day the righteous will be taken to heaven first and the earth will be desolate for a thousand years after that, they come down with jesus in the new jerusalam which is confirmed in this chapter Jude 1:12 and enoch also, the seventh from adam,prophesied of these, saying, behold, the lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,15. To execute judgment upon all and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken agaisn him.
this is the time the ungodly will be judged and after that follows destruction and then the earth is renewd.
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by bigmaut: 8:32pm On Sep 08, 2012
hhmm!all those half-baked converts on nairaland causing confusion everywher jah shall caste ye all away into outer darkness where their will be wailing & gnashing of teeth angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2012
bigmaut: hhmm!all those half-baked converts on nairaland causing confusion everywher jah shall caste ye all away into outer darkness where their will be wailing & gnashing of teeth angry angry angry angry angry

I dey hear u bigmaut... Notin do u gringringrin
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by MyJoe: 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
@Image123
How is you doing?

The man has quoted many verses demonstrating new earth. Why are you dismissing them with one Corrinthians? What happens to the New Earth?
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by truthislight: 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: a new earth simply means - a new set of righteous citizens on earth just as a new heaven simply means a new set of rulership on earth. they dont actually mean physical places. they are people. 'renewed righteous people'

[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

^^^
you did not add psalm 37:29
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by ijawkid(m): 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2012
MyJoe: @Image123
How is you doing?

The man has quoted many verses demonstrating new earth. Why are you dismissing them with one Corrinthians? What happens to the New Earth?

Joe joe wad up...how u dey??:-)
Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Image123(m): 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2012
MyJoe: @Image123
How is you doing?

hey I'm fine ithink. the thread is not about a NEW earth is it? it's about going to heaven and I'm on my way dia.

Re: Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2012
Everyone will experience the heaven they have created in their minds. Some people have created Hell and some Invincible man in the cloud. I wish them all the best with the invincible white man.

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate / Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!! / Debunking Religion With One Question

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54