Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (15568 Views)

Frosbel Is Highly Questionable / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Goshen360(m): 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
Here comes my sincere heart to my dearest brother Frosbel in your recent fight against the Holy Spirit. I believe we should be silent on issue of the Kingdom we don't fully comprehend yet. It's not everything topic of the Bible I understand myself but certainly not like that Trinity.

It is true and fact that the word "Trinity" doesn't occur in the bible but it is a word used to explain the concept of The father, Son and Holy Spirit being called God and these three are distinct but one in unity and purpose of redemption. To say that the Holy Spirit don't exist is great error. All I have seen you believe in rescent time is that, God have a bodily form which makes him have a spirit and therefore there is nothing like the Holy Spirit but the spirit of God because God, the Father has a bodily form. Now, if the Father is called God, the Son is called God and the Holy Spirit is called God, what then is hard to comprehend about Trinity? I don't see anything difficult therein.

The bible teaches that God is Spirit and if a Spirit CANNOT have or possess another Spirit, it will therefore mean that Holy Spirit exist on its own as a distinct being. My heart goes out to you brother Frosbel to please take more time to study the concept of Trinity. If you don't fully comprehend it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. What you end up doing with this new fight against the reality of the Holy Spirit is to divide the body and also attempt to put the Holy Spirit into extinction which is dangerous.

I can understand the teaching of Trinity is confusing as some teachers make it look but it is not when we actually take time with the one who inspires the word of God, then we get a better understanding. I hope this helps. Thank you and God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
[quote author=Goshen360]Here comes my sincere heart to my dearest brother Frosbel in your recent fight against the Holy Spirit. I believe we should be silent on issue of the Kingdom we don't fully comprehend yet. It's not everything topic of the Bible I understand myself but certainly not like that Trinity.

It is true and fact that the word "Trinity" doesn't occur in the bible but it is a word used to explain the concept of The father, Son and Holy Spirit being called God and these three are distinct but one in unity and purpose of redemption.

Distinct indeed but in what sense.

To say that the Holy Spirit don't exist is great error

Did I say this

Wow !!

All I have seen you believe in rescent time is that, God have a bodily form which makes him have a spirit

I said God is a Spirit

and therefore there is nothing like the Holy Spirit but the spirit of God because God, the Father has a bodily form. Now, if the Father is called God, the Son is called God and the Holy Spirit is called God, what then is hard to comprehend about Trinity? I don't see anything difficult therein.

Because ONLY Yahweh is the ONE GOD.

Let us hear what our Lord Jesus Christ said about GOD, because you seem to be going against his teachings.

Mark 12:29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

So if our Lord is saying that God is ONE, where are you getting these your 3 GODs from.

What meant Jesus by the following statement.

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." - John 14:28

The bible teaches that God is Spirit and if a Spirit CANNOT have or possess another Spirit, it will therefore mean that Holy Spirit exist on its own as a distinct being.

Wrong.

God is Spirit and he pours out his Spirit on us who are his children. It is this outpouring of his Spirit that is called the Holy Spirit.

My heart goes out to you brother Frosbel to please take more time to study the concept of Trinity. If you don't fully comprehend it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Thanks Bro, but if I do not fully comprehend it, then there is a real problem.

The Jews say God is one, and this is their tradition , do you know more than them

What you end up doing with this new fight against the reality of the Holy Spirit is to divide the body and also attempt to put the Holy Spirit into extinction which is dangerous.

How can God's Spirit be put into extinction Brother be careful before you blaspheme.

I can understand the teaching of Trinity is confusing as some teachers make it look but it is not when we actually take time with the one who inspires the word of God, then we get a better understanding. I hope this helps. Thank you and God bless you.

1 Corinthians 14:33
King James Version (KJV)
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

2 Likes

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
[quote author=Goshen360]Here comes my sincere heart to my dearest brother Frosbel in your recent fight against the Holy Spirit. I believe we should be silent on issue of the Kingdom we don't fully comprehend yet. It's not everything topic of the Bible I understand myself but certainly not like that Trinity.

It is true and fact that the word "Trinity" doesn't occur in the bible but it is a word used to explain the concept of The father, Son and Holy Spirit being called God and these three are distinct but one in unity and purpose of redemption.

Distinct indeed but in what sense.

To say that the Holy Spirit don't exist is great error

Did I say this

Wow !!

All I have seen you believe in rescent time is that, God have a bodily form which makes him have a spirit

I said God is a Spirit

and therefore there is nothing like the Holy Spirit but the spirit of God because God, the Father has a bodily form. Now, if the Father is called God, the Son is called God and the Holy Spirit is called God, what then is hard to comprehend about Trinity? I don't see anything difficult therein.

Because ONLY Yahweh is the ONE GOD.

Let us hear what our Lord Jesus Christ said about GOD, because you seem to be going against his teachings.

Mark 12:29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

So if our Lord is saying that God is ONE, where are you getting this your 3 GODs from.

What meant Jesus by the following statement.

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." - John 14:28

The bible teaches that God is Spirit and if a Spirit CANNOT have or possess another Spirit, it will therefore mean that Holy Spirit exist on its own as a distinct being.

Wrong.

God is Spirit and he pours out his Spirit on us who are his children. It is this outpouring of his Spirit that is called the Holy Spirit.

My heart goes out to you brother Frosbel to please take more time to study the concept of Trinity. If you don't fully comprehend it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Thanks Bro, but if I do not fully comprehend it, then there is a real problem.

The Jews say God is one, and this is their tradition , do you know more than them

What you end up doing with this new fight against the reality of the Holy Spirit is to divide the body and also attempt to put the Holy Spirit into extinction which is dangerous.

How can God's Spirit be put into extinction Brother be careful before you blaspheme.

1 Corinthians 14:33
King James Version (KJV)
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 06, 2012
The Shema says, "the LORD our God, the LORD is one." In this passage, Jesus quotes the Shema. And then the scribe responds by saying, "You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that he is one, and there is no other but he." Jesus responds to him by saying he spoke wisely.

In the doctrine of the Trinity, the oneness of God is a oneness of divine substance. The doctrine indicates that three persons all have this one divine substance and it is this one divine substance they call "God." So the statement, "the Lord our God the Lord is one" can only mean "one divine substance," or "one what." God is one "what."

But here in Mark 12, we can clearly see that the word "one" in the Shema is intended to mean "there is no other but He." Quite clearly, the scribe is referring to personal identity, a who, and not nature, a what, "there is no other but He." Notice also that the scribe is referring to God as "He." We also later find the Jews confessing the Father is their one God (Jn 8:41). The language in Mark is quite similar to Deuteronomy 32:39 where Yahweh God says there is no God besides Him. And when we check to see who is speaking in that verse, we find in in verse 32:6 that it is Yahweh identifying himself as the Father of the Israelites.

Who did Jesus have in mind?

We really know who these two Jews had in mind and to argue it was a Triune being is ridiculous. Indeed we read that the Jews say to Jesus in John 8, "we have one father: God."

Now here is the critical question. Just who did Jesus have in mind when HE said the Shema. When Jesus prayed the words, "the LORD our God, the LORD is one," was he referring to his Father alone? Or did he have a three person God in mind? Was he actually thinking, "the LORD our (Triune God), the LORD is one (substance)" The proposition is really quite absurd when you think about it.

Also very carefully notice he says, "OUR God." As a faithful Jew, Jesus served his God and Father. His God is also our God. As he later said, "I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."

Even further can anyone say this "He" in this verse is Jesus? NO! Because if anyone says the HE in this verse is Jesus it would exclude the Father. The only option then is to claim the HE is the Triune being. However, the problem still remains. Is Jesus the Triune being? NO! By definition in the doctrine of the Trinity, Jesus cannot be the one God being discussed. So if he is not the one God being discussed he is not the one God and if he is not the one God to claim he is God is to claim he is another God than the God being discussed.

The Impossibility of the "HE" being a Triune God

It is plainly obvious, among Trinitarians and non-Trinitarians alike, that Jesus' God was his Father alone. Jesus was referring to HIS God. In fact, Jesus' God is identified as the God of the Lord. Jesus' God was not a Trinity. HIS God was not a Triune being. It is quite impossible for Jesus to be referring to HIS God as a Trinity, a Triune being. Jesus agrees that the words, "there is no other but HE," a quotation from Deuteronomy, interpret what the Shema means. "The LORD is one" means there is one HE and there is no other but this one HE. Jesus was a Jew born under the Law. He was obligated to keep the Law and serve the God of Israel, HIS God. When this twenty year old Jew, Jesus, read the words "there is no other but HE", that HE was necessarily Jesus' Father alone and it is impossbile to claim otherwise since Jesus' God is not a Triune being. Hence, that HE in Mark 12:32 is God the Father. And if Jesus agrees there is no other but God the Father this fact does by necessity exclude everyone else, including himself, from identity as YAHWEH, the God of Israel. The Trinitarian claim that the HE of Mark 12:32 is the Triune God an certain impossiblity since Jesus is referring to HIS God and HIS God was not a Triune God.

http://www.angelfire.com/space/thegospeltruth/trinity/verses/Mk12.html
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Goshen360(m): 9:33pm On Sep 06, 2012
My brother Frosbel,

What I witnessed you saying and responding in other threads is that, Holy Spirit is God's Spirit because God has a BODILY FORM. Hence the Holy Spirit is NOT distinct from God. Is that not what you are saying?
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 06, 2012
Goshen360: My brother Frosbel,

What I witnessed you saying and responding in other threads is that, Holy Spirit is God's Spirit because God has a BODILY FORM. Hence the Holy Spirit is NOT distinct from God. Is that not what you are saying?

But how can God be in a bodily form when he is a Spirit

I think we should end this matter, let God witness to the hearts of the faithful about the truth.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 06, 2012
An Appeal to Trinitarians from gospel truth

As a former Trinitarian of many years, I would like to make an appeal to Trinitarians regarding personal integrity. Is your creedal tradition more important to you than the facts and the truth? It is obvious to me, and should be obvious to you, precisely WHO Jesus and this Jewish scribe are talking about: God the Father. The Scriptural evidence is crystal clear and tells us quite plainly that the "HE" in question is the Father, He who spoke out of the fire to Israel and promised to raise up the prophet Jesus, His servant and His Son. And this fact demonstrates that the God of Jesus is the God of Israel, and is the God of Christians, the Father alone, "there is no other but HE." Seek not the approval of men but the approval of God.

3 Likes

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2012
At times the claims of Trinitarian apologists are downright ridiculous.

How many times have you heard a Trinitarian claim the Magi bowed down before baby Jesus because they knew he was God? How many times have you heard them claim that nobody would do such a thing unless he was indeed God? How many times have you wondered if they bowed down before him simply because he was the King of the Jews? And have you ever wondered if they, and even the Jewish people themselves, considered it appropriate to bow down before a King? Do Trinitarians really expect us to believe the Jews did not know anything about a three person God because God had not yet "fully revealed himself" but the pagan Magi were well aware that Jesus was God?

And when Mary his mother changed baby Jesus' diapers did she really think she was changing God's diapers? Or was Jesus' own mother not privy to the same insight as the Trinitarians? The Bible says Jesus was subject to Joseph and Mary. It must have been quite difficult for them to have such authority over God. "God, go to your room!" And are we really to believe that Joseph was guarding God from Herod when he fled to Egypt with little Jesus? And when Joseph and Mary realized they had lost Jesus on their trip home from Jerusalem, are we really to believe they were worried they had inadvertently left God behind? And what was God doing growing in wisdom and favor with God and men anyway?

Are we really to accept the Trinitarian translation of Hebrews 1:8, "To the Son he says, 'Your throne O God is forever and ever" and blindly fail to notice the very next verse would then refer to God's God? Are we really supposed to be completely blind to the fact that this would have God the Father speaking to God the Son and reminding God the Son that he has a God? Are we really to accept the Trinitarian "only begotten God" manuscript variant of John 1:18 when it says this only begotten God reveals God the Father who happens to be the unbegotten God? Are we really supposed to stick our tongue in cheek and not see that this would result in a begotten God revealing an unbegotten God. That would be two Gods, one begotten and one not. How many doses of denial do they expect us to take?

Are we really to pretend Jesus was omniscient, all knowing, when we are told that he increased in wisdom? Are we really supposed to believe this preposterous claim when Jesus himself said only the Father knew the day and hour of his return? Did the word "only" lose its meaning last night? Just to what extent to Trinitarians expect us to deceive ourselves?

And when Trinitarians respond to John 20:17 by pointing out that Jesus said, "My God and your God" but did not say "My God and our God," just what exactly are they suggesting? That Jesus' God is a different God than our God? What difference would it make? Isn't "My God and Your God" simply an emphatic way of saying "Our God?" And if you only believe in one God then there is no difference in the identity of "My God" and "your God" is there? Or perhaps their entire goal was to confuse the issue to avoid the implications of Jesus words? After all, he is saying that our God is the same God as his God. Who was his God? Just what are Trinitarian apologists trying to do here?

1 Like

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Goshen360(m): 10:46pm On Sep 06, 2012
frosbel:

But how can God be in a bodily form when he is a Spirit

I think we should end this matter, let God witness to the hearts of the faithful about the truth.

Oh okay. I was asking you the same question about this because this came up from the quote you gave in the other thread. For you to say God's Spirit is the same as Holy Spirit and it is not distinct from the Holy Spirit in the Godhead means you admit God having a BODILY FORM and the Holy Spirit is God's Spirit, not a third being of the Godhead.

I went further to ask you, If the Holy Spirit wasn't distinct from God who is a Spirit, how then do you deny the existence of the third being of the Godhead? I will also like you to end this matter and that is why I opened this thread......your recent articles against trinity does nothing other than to divide the body of Christ especially here on this forum. Being apologetics doesn't divide the body but explains the reasons for our believe.

Maybe you need to sit and relax and take another look at most of your thread about this trinity stuff being discussed recently. I trust God to strengthen you the more in the Lord. God bless you brother.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 06, 2012
At times the claims of Trinitarian apologists are downright ridiculous.

How many times have you heard a Trinitarian claim the Magi bowed down before baby Jesus because they knew he was God? How many times have you heard them claim that nobody would do such a thing unless he was indeed God? How many times have you wondered if they bowed down before him simply because he was the King of the Jews? And have you ever wondered if they, and even the Jewish people themselves, considered it appropriate to bow down before a King? Do Trinitarians really expect us to believe the Jews did not know anything about a three person God because God had not yet "fully revealed himself" but the pagan Magi were well aware that Jesus was God?

And when Mary his mother changed baby Jesus' diapers did she really think she was changing God's diapers? Or was Jesus' own mother not privy to the same insight as the Trinitarians? The Bible says Jesus was subject to Joseph and Mary. It must have been quite difficult for them to have such authority over God. "God, go to your room!" And are we really to believe that Joseph was guarding God from Herod when he fled to Egypt with little Jesus? And when Joseph and Mary realized they had lost Jesus on their trip home from Jerusalem, are we really to believe they were worried they had inadvertently left God behind? And what was God doing growing in wisdom and favor with God and men anyway?

Are we really to accept the Trinitarian translation of Hebrews 1:8, "To the Son he says, 'Your throne O God is forever and ever" and blindly fail to notice the very next verse would then refer to God's God? Are we really supposed to be completely blind to the fact that this would have God the Father speaking to God the Son and reminding God the Son that he has a God? Are we really to accept the Trinitarian "only begotten God" manuscript variant of John 1:18 when it says this only begotten God reveals God the Father who happens to be the unbegotten God? Are we really supposed to stick our tongue in cheek and not see that this would result in a begotten God revealing an unbegotten God. That would be two Gods, one begotten and one not. How many doses of denial do they expect us to take?

Are we really to pretend Jesus was omniscient, all knowing, when we are told that he increased in wisdom? Are we really supposed to believe this preposterous claim when Jesus himself said only the Father knew the day and hour of his return? Did the word "only" lose its meaning last night? Just to what extent to Trinitarians expect us to deceive ourselves?

And when Trinitarians respond to John 20:17 by pointing out that Jesus said, "My God and your God" but did not say "My God and our God," just what exactly are they suggesting? That Jesus' God is a different God than our God? What difference would it make? Isn't "My God and Your God" simply an emphatic way of saying "Our God?" And if you only believe in one God then there is no difference in the identity of "My God" and "your God" is there? Or perhaps their entire goal was to confuse the issue to avoid the implications of Jesus words? After all, he is saying that our God is the same God as his God. Who was his God? Just what are Trinitarian apologists trying to do here?
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Goshen360(m): 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
frosbel: An Appeal to Trinitarians from gospel truth

As a former Trinitarian of many years, I would like to make an appeal to Trinitarians regarding personal integrity. Is your creedal tradition more important to you than the facts and the truth? It is obvious to me, and should be obvious to you, precisely WHO Jesus and this Jewish scribe are talking about: God the Father. The Scriptural evidence is crystal clear and tells us quite plainly that the "HE" in question is the Father, He who spoke out of the fire to Israel and promised to raise up the prophet Jesus, His servant and His Son. And this fact demonstrates that the God of Jesus is the God of Israel, and is the God of Christians, the Father alone, "there is no other but HE." Seek not the approval of men but the approval of God.

Maybe I'm not a FULL Trinitarian. What I believe from the word of God is that, the Father being referred to as the "THE LORD YOUR GOD IS ONE" is in reference to the father. But my understand is since the Bible also calls the Son God and the Holy Spirit also God, then I have no problem with that and that is where my believe in Trinity stand and these three is ONE or in Unity is terms of purpose and redemption. I rather hold on to the truth rather than traditions as you called us/me unto. I pray God help us all.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 06, 2012
[quote author=Goshen360]

Maybe I'm not a FULL Trinitarian.

What I believe from the word of God is that, the Father being referred to as the "THE LORD YOUR GOD IS ONE"

Correct

But my understand is since the Bible also calls the Son God

Where ?

and the Holy Spirit also God

Where ?

then I have no problem with that and that is where my believe in Trinity stand and these three is ONE or in Unity is terms of purpose and redemption. I rather hold on to the truth rather than traditions as you called us/me unto. I pray God help us all.

But the 'truth' you are holding unto is the tradition of the catholic church.

Brother do not fear Men but GOD.

There are some false teachers here on Nairaland who will try to bully you into silence , well no one can bully me, if it is not scripture it is out, whether it has been the tradition for 1000 years I could care less.

After all the bible right from the early church warned us of false teachers and a great falling away which started in the 4th century by the catholic church and is getting worse by the day.

Read you bible and ask for wisdom.

Do not be afraid of false teachers.

Those that hold unto the truth are always in the minority with the majority hunting them down.

Do you know that Christians who begged to differ with the pagan rome church were burnt alive, tortured, murdered, jailed and in may cases exiled.

Be part of that few that really want to defend the faith.

Majority is not always right.

1 Like

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Goshen360(m): 11:28pm On Sep 06, 2012
Okay.....you have always know me for the truth. Okay. We don't have problem with the Father being called God right

Okay, let's where the bible calls the Son God.....

What do you think of this scripture:

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:28 Kjv

How do you see this?
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by OmoAlata(f): 11:35pm On Sep 06, 2012
Yo Frosbel. I haven't read all the replies on here as I'm sleepy but before I head off to my warm duvet, talk against God, talk against Jesus (they'll forgive you) but don't talk against the holy spirit lipsrsealed

Good night.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
Goshen360: Okay.....you have always know me for the truth. Okay. We don't have problem with the Father being called God right

Okay, let's where the bible calls the Son God.....

What do you think of this scripture:

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:28 Kjv

How do you see this?

My Lord Jesus Christ

My God - Yahweh
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Goshen360(m): 11:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
frosbel:

My Lord Jesus Christ

My God - Yahweh

grin grin grin Brother Frosbel......was Jesus called God in this verse or NOT? Yes or NO? grin Don't start game with me now....Am just starting here....I will show you and truthislight that is doing gra-gra on the other thread that the bible also calls the Holy Spirit God.......Answer my first kweshion first: Was Jesus called God in this verse or NOT?

1 Like

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 06, 2012
Wow
Goshen360:

Too late to start typing essays , but please read the comment below and follow the link.

Good night and God bless.

grin grin grin Brother Frosbel......was Jesus called God in this verse or NOT? Yes or NO? grin Don't start game with me now....Am just starting here....I will show you and truthislight that is doing gra-gra on the other thread that the bible also calls the Holy Spirit God.......Answer my first kweshion first: Was Jesus called God in this verse or NOT?

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. (KJV)

1. Jesus never referred to himself as “God” in the absolute sense, so what precedent then did Thomas have for calling Jesus “my God”? The Greek language uses the word theos, (“God” or “god”) with a broader meaning than is customary today. In the Greek language and in the culture of the day, “GOD” (all early manuscripts of the Bible were written in all capital letters) was a descriptive title applied to a range of authorities, including the Roman governor (Acts 12:22), and even the Devil (2 Cor. 4:4). It was used of someone with divine authority. It was not limited to its absolute sense as a personal name for the supreme Deity as we use it today.

2. Given the language of the time, and given that Jesus did represent the Father and have divine authority, the expression used by Thomas is certainly understandable. On the other hand, to make Thomas say that Jesus was “God,” and thus 1/3 of a triune God, seems incredible. In Concessions of Trinitarians, Michaelis, a Trinitarian, writes:

I do not affirm that Thomas passed all at once from the extreme of doubt to the highest degree of faith, and acknowledged Christ to be the true God. This appears to me too much for the then existing knowledge of the disciples; and we have no intimation that they recognized the divine nature of Christ before the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. I am therefore inclined to understand this expression, which broke out in the height of his astonishment, in a figurative sense, denoting only “whom I shall ever reverence in the highest degree”…Or a person raised from the dead might be regarded as a divinity; for the word God is not always used in the strict doctrinal sense” [Michaelis is quoted by Dana, ref. below].

Remember that it was common at that time to call God’s representatives “God,” and the Old Testament contains quite a few examples. When Jacob wrestled with “God,” it is clear that he was actually wrestling with an angel (Hosea 12:4—For more on that, see the note on Genesis 16:7-13).

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/verses/john-20-28
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Fr0sbel: 11:52pm On Sep 06, 2012
Goshen360:

Too late to start typing essays , but please read the comment below and follow the link.

Good night and God bless.

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

1. Jesus never referred to himself as “God” in the absolute sense, so what precedent then did Thomas have for calling Jesus “my God”? The Greek language uses the word theos, (“God” or “god”) with a broader meaning than is customary today. In the Greek language and in the culture of the day, “GOD” (all early manuscripts of the Bible were written in all capital letters) was a descriptive title applied to a range of authorities, including the Roman governor (Acts 12:22), and even the Devil (2 Cor. 4:4). It was used of someone with divine authority. It was not limited to its absolute sense as a personal name for the supreme Deity as we use it today.

2. Given the language of the time, and given that Jesus did represent the Father and have divine authority, the expression used by Thomas is certainly understandable. On the other hand, to make Thomas say that Jesus was “God,” and thus 1/3 of a triune God, seems incredible. In Concessions of Trinitarians, Michaelis, a Trinitarian, writes:

I do not affirm that Thomas passed all at once from the extreme of doubt to the highest degree of faith, and acknowledged Christ to be the true God. This appears to me too much for the then existing knowledge of the disciples; and we have no intimation that they recognized the divine nature of Christ before the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. I am therefore inclined to understand this expression, which broke out in the height of his astonishment, in a figurative sense, denoting only “whom I shall ever reverence in the highest degree”…Or a person raised from the dead might be regarded as a divinity; for the word God is not always used in the strict doctrinal sense”

Remember that it was common at that time to call God’s representatives “God,” and the Old Testament contains quite a few examples. When Jacob wrestled with “God,” it is clear that he was actually wrestling with an angel (Hosea 12:4—For more on that, see the note on Genesis 16:7-13).

Read the rest here http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/verses/john-20-28
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
I will keep fighting against the TRINITY.

4 Likes

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by tevinsolt: 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
frosbel: I will keep fighting against the TRINITY.

because u are not a true believer in christ, historical evidence shows clearly that the apostles believed he was God your here 2000+ years later saying you will keep fighting against trinity.....what makes you different from Muhammadians?
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
tevinsolt:

because u are not a true believer in christ, historical evidence shows clearly that the apostles believed he was God your here 2000+ years later saying you will keep fighting against trinity.....what makes you different from Muhammadians?

show me where the apostles thought Jesus was GOD.

Just 2 verses should suffice.

Let me show you 2 of mine with more to come if you want.

For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ - Romans 5:17

"Brothers, listen! We are here to proclaim that through this man Jesus there is forgiveness for your sins - Acts 13:8

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus - 1 Timothy 2:5

1 Like

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by PastorKun(m): 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
tevinsolt:

because u are not a true believer in christ, historical evidence
shows clearly that the apostles believed he was God your here 2000+ years later saying you will keep fighting against trinity.....what makes you different from Muhammadians?

The above bolded is a blatant lie the apostles never believed Jesus was God, they clearly knew he was the son of God which makes him a divine being but he is not the same person as God the father.

1 Like

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Enigma(m): 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
Historical evidence certainly shows that the apostles believed Jesus Christ to be God. First, they said so themselves in the Bible; second, the people who were taught by the apostles e.g. Polycarp also reflected this in their own writings; third, even secular (non-Christian) writers reflected this e.g. Pliny the younger saying the early Christians sang hymns to Jesus as to a God. smiley

cool

2 Likes

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by tevinsolt: 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
frosbel:

show me where the apostles thought Jesus was GOD.

Just 2 verses should suffice.

Let me show you 2 of mine with more to come if you want.

For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ - Romans 5:17

"Brothers, listen! We are here to proclaim that through this man Jesus there is forgiveness for your sins - Acts 13:8

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus - 1 Timothy 2:5

1. The Apostle Thomas called Jesus God.

[John 20:27-29: Then He [Jesus] said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

2. The Apostle Peter called Jesus God.

Peter 1:1: “Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ

3. The Apostle Paul called Jesus God.

Titus 2:12b-14: “...we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.”

1 Like

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by tevinsolt: 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
4. The Apostle John called Jesus God.

John 1:1-3, 14: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” See verse 14 for confirmation that this reference to the "Word" is a reference to Jesus.

5. God the Father called Jesus God.

Hebrews 1:8: “But to the Son He [God the Father] says: ‘Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.’”

6. Isaiah the Prophet said the Messiah would be God.

Isaiah 9:6: “For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

God the Father, in the Old Testament, is also called “Mighty God” in Isaiah 10:21, the same title that can be ascribed to the Son of God, Jesus Christ.

7. The Jews who crucified Jesus understood Him to be saying that He was equal with God.

John 5:18: “Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.”

John 10:33: “The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by tevinsolt: 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
8. Jesus called Himself “I AM”, the Old Testament name for God (Exodus 3:14).

John 8:58-59: “Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.”

9. Jesus calls Himself “the Alpha and Omega,” the title of Almighty God.

Revelation 22:12-13: “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

Revelation 1:8: “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

10. Like God (Gen. 1:1) Jesus created.

Colossians 1:16-17: “For by Him [See context. This is speaking of Jesus] all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.”

John 1:3: “All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.”

Yet God says in Isaiah 44:24, “I am the LORD, who makes all things, who stretches out the heavens all alone, who spreads abroad the earth by Myself”
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
tevinsolt:

1. The Apostle Thomas called Jesus God.

He did not call him Yahweh, though , no ?

The Apostle Peter called Jesus God.

2 Peter 1:1: “Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ”

2 seperate people here.

Otherwise why do we need the operandi AND to make a clear demarcation between GOD and Christ.

3 The Apostle Paul called Jesus God.

Titus 2:12b-14: “...we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.”

again, our Great GOD AND. Jesus Christ.

Besides God's name is not Jesus Christ but Yahweh.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by tevinsolt: 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
11. Like God, Jesus forgives sin.

Mark 2:5-7, 10-11: “When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you.” And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?” “...But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”--He said to the paralytic, “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go your way to your house.”

12. Like God, Jesus gives eternal life.

John 10:27-28: “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.”

13. Like God, Jesus received, receives and will receive worship.

Matthew 14:32-33: “And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.” (also see Matthew 28:9, 17, John 9:37-38)

Revelation 5:13: “And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: “Blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

Hebrews 1:6: “But when He again brings the firstborn [JESUS] into the world, He says: “Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

Jesus never rebuked any of His followers for worshiping Him and yet worship of anything or anyone other than God is absolutely forbidden in the Bible . . .

Luke 4:8: “And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by tevinsolt: 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Philippians 2:5-11
New International Version (NIV)
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
tevinsolt: 11. Like God, Jesus forgives sin.

Mark 2:5-7, 10-11: “When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you.” And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?” “...But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”--He said to the paralytic, “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go your way to your house.”

12. Like God, Jesus gives eternal life.

John 10:27-28: “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.”

13. Like God, Jesus received, receives and will receive worship.

Matthew 14:32-33: “And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.” (also see Matthew 28:9, 17, John 9:37-38)

Revelation 5:13: “And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: “Blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

Hebrews 1:6: “But when He again brings the firstborn [JESUS] into the world, He says: “Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

Jesus never rebuked any of His followers for worshiping Him and yet worship of anything or anyone other than God is absolutely forbidden in the Bible . . .

Luke 4:8: “And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”

Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself ; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does - John 5:19

John 5:30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

John 14:10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own.Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work

It is plain to ALL , that everything JESUS did was because of the Power of the Father which is his Spirit that resided in Christ without measure.

"how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him." - Acts 10:38

Tell us , if Jesus was GOD why did he have to be anointed with Power from GOD.
Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Enigma(m): 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
tevinsolt:

He has indeed been getting quite some support from a range of 'Muhammadians' on his various threads although, if you notice, the vast majority of his supporters are actually Jehovah's Witnesses with further support coming from misguided professing Christians and some non-Christians with an axe to grind. smiley

1 Like

Re: Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
^^^ true that. And he's reveling in their support.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? / Primate Ayodele Warns Buhari On COVID-19, "Aso Rock Needs Cleansing" / Prophet Fufeyin To Mathias Ezeaku: I Have Forgiven You (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.