Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,363 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 - Sports (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 (80406 Views)

Nigeria Vs Swaziland : World Cup Qualifier 2 - 0 On 17th November 2015 / Nigeria Vs Chad:AFCON Qualifier (2 - 0) On 13th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On 19th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by ignis: 12:34am On Sep 09, 2012
Am sure the search for so called competent coach continues..... Nigerians always blame failure on the coach forgeting the players.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by ParisLove: 1:02am On Sep 09, 2012
[size=30pt]So they fu©ked up as usual. Officially signing off this thread [/size]
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Heymus(m): 1:32am On Sep 09, 2012
Forget abt. this super Eagles of the things, they are really messing up. I don't just know how we waist so much money on them, can't just understand!.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Valentino305(m): 1:34am On Sep 09, 2012
can any good thing come out of nigeria
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by manosteel(m): 5:10am On Sep 09, 2012
I wasn't expecting much from them anyway. It's been long i stopped taking Panadol for super eagles' headache.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by iykak47: 5:40am On Sep 09, 2012
Nigerians were angry when Shaibu Amodu said super eagles players were average.If we have good players,what are their names, which top flight club do they play for in Europe,apart from Mikel Obi, when was the last time a Nigerian player win African footballer of the year.
We have changed coaches many times but still no improvement.
Lets tell ourselves the bitter truth, our players are not good.

2 Likes

Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by semid4lyfe(m): 6:15am On Sep 09, 2012
Being that we led 2-1 at the end of the first half, it's disappointing this match ended in a draw but still playing 2-2 in an away game in Africa is a fair result
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Fiawest(m): 7:14am On Sep 09, 2012
And here we go again.....upon Presidential handshake.....
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 09, 2012
not good enough... but i'm happy for the debutant Nosa Igiebor, a fantastic attacking midfielder who cant just stop scoring
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by emmke(m): 7:45am On Sep 09, 2012
Common guys 2-2 away isn't a bad score-line. We are no Spain, remember? We'd definitely go through.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by honeric01(m): 7:45am On Sep 09, 2012
phreakabit:

I dare you to file out this team against CIV. The worst kind of liar is one who lies to himself.

And the one you were filing before now, how many things did they win for you? the man said he's still building to get his complete team, why are you whining and crying like a nagging woman? did the man collect your daily bread from you?
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by tutypad: 7:47am On Sep 09, 2012
[/quote][quote]
cool cool
manosteel: I wasn't expecting much from them anyway. It's been long i stopped taking Panadol for super eagles' headache.
cool
manosteel: I wasn't expecting much from them anyway. It's been long i stopped taking Panadol for super eagles' headache.
I have saved a lot on fuel not wasting my money watching 'Supa gini Fowls' go back to the basics. Catch them young through school inter house sports, etc.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by honeric01(m): 7:57am On Sep 09, 2012
iykak47: Nigerians were angry when Shaibu Amodu said super eagles players were average.If we have good players,what are their names, which top flight club do they play for in Europe,apart from Mikel Obi, when was the last time a Nigerian player win African footballer of the year.
We have changed coaches many times but still no improvement.
Lets tell ourselves the bitter truth, our players are not good.

You mean Mikel obi has won African footballer of the year? the problem is that we keep relying on old legs and not ready to stick with the period of rebuilding.. even Brazil is rebuilding with new players, why then can't Nigeria rebuild?
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by RuuDie(m): 7:57am On Sep 09, 2012
payless:

There was no point sacking Siasia SHUAIBU in the first place. If you looked at Siasia SHUAIBU's record, he deserved to continue. We tend to like quick fixes all the time. Westernhoff did not succeed for four years. But with time, he got it right at last.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Johnnoah1st: 8:17am On Sep 09, 2012
I sugest dey sack dat guy called keshi cus with all is rebuidment since almost a year yet no changes
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by sambos994(m): 8:19am On Sep 09, 2012
Amodu....got us bronze in AFCON, took us to the world cup and was replaced by that idiot Lagerback. Siasia was good but he needed more time.....got sacked. This is the problem we have, patience. It took four years to build the dream team of Nigeria. We always change coaches year in and year out. So if we need need to stick with Keshi to get where we want to be....than deal with it. If we need a draw to qualify for AFCON.....than deal with it. I'm tired of all the complaining about Keshi's rebuilding. It doesn't take months. Things take time, people.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by Obinto44(m): 8:34am On Sep 09, 2012
Was d match so impresive?wink
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by BigBoi11(m): 8:44am On Sep 09, 2012
I feel you jare... Amodu is the best coach we have had since 1998. He has done much for our yeye national team and yet we won't respect the man but after qualifying us for 2 world cups we sacked him and brought 2 olodo oyinbo coach. Amodu wud av been the best for Nigeria but here we have his forma assistant as head coach. Its not about qualifying for the nations cup but what are we going to acheive at the nations cup. When last sef we top group for nations cup..
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by elampiro(m): 11:05am On Sep 09, 2012
Why Keshi should stay.
Nigeria should be patient. When Sasia was sacked, I told a lot of people that Nigeria repeated thge kind of mistakes they had always made with coaches; hire a coach, put him under pressure and he works under panic, then any little slip results to a sack. Then another comes and the circle continues. Amodu was always getting result for us, qualified us for two world cups and yet said he knew nothing about the job. He qualified us for two world cups yet he wasn't allowed to attend any.

Keshi is doing the right thing. He needs to experiment with lots of players over a period of time, like two years. With that he will be able to raise a good team for us as some will fit in while others fit out. That was how Westerhof raised the USA '94 team over a period of 5 years. Westerhof failed in his first assignment where he failed to get a draw in Younde against Cameroun in 1989 and Nigeria went out of Italia '90 race.

But, he return home and played a lot of games, WAFU/ECOWAS cup, Algers '90 etc. Old player like Yisa Sofoluwe, Andrew Uwe, Osaro Obobaifo, Henry Nwosu, etc gave way for the young players which were discovered over a period of 5 years enroute USA '94. Rasheed Yekini proved over time to be the better striker than Richard Owunbokiri. Uche Okechukwu and Samson Sisia came in, Finidi George, Thompson Oliha, Uche Okafor, Benedict Iroha, Alloy Agu, etc. As time went on, Ben Iroha, Emmanuel Amunike, Austine Okocha. Sunday Oliseh was discovered after Nigeria had already secured the world cup ticket to USA '94. Peter Rufai had to return and Chidi Nwanu was drafted in for the world cup proper.

A lot of players were used, a lot were dropped on the journey and only the best 22 man squad survived and became the most feared team in Africa, and Nigeria was 5th in FIFA ranking after Tunisia '94. Players like Rubeun Agboola, Edema Fulundu, Nduka Ugbade, Moses Kpakpor played their part but had to give way along the line. That was how Westerhof built one of the most feared teams in the world at the time. The team was so good that players like Victor Ikpeba could hardly get games despite being so good for their clubs banging in goals.

The truth is that majority of the players were discovered from our local clubs. Finidi, Amokachi, Iroha, Oliha, etc. They were so rugged that they could withstand any weather, heat or pitch in other African countries. They beat Burkinafaso 7-1, Ethiopia 6-0, Algeria and Ivory coast 4-1.

One can therefore draw a conclusion that Keshi is doing the right thing. First, the eagles he inherited cannot withstand the big teams in Africa talking more of playing Spain or Germany. Secondly, they could hardly get good result against physical playing African teams. Third, most of them are not so committed. I am yet to notice what contribution Mikel has made so far that warrants anyone building the future team around him. Uche is the only one who is committed. Osazee too is good. Hence, Keshi is doing the right thing. We should not just think of now, we should think of having a solid Super Eagles that can stand against the likes of Spain, Italy, Brazil and Germany in the next world cup. It can only be achieved by giving every good young player a chance, whether local or abroad. Attention should be given to building a team of tall, physical and skillful players. These are the characteristics of the Super Eagles of '94, also the Senegal team of '92 and the current Ivory coast team.

Keshi has a good programme, it requires some risk taking. He is not scared of taking it to get the best. That's how you know a man with a target and goal.

1 Like

Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by sambos994(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2012
elampiro: Why Keshi should stay.
Nigeria should be patient. When Sasia was sacked, I told a lot of people that Nigeria repeated thge kind of mistakes they had always made with coaches; hire a coach, put him under pressure and he works under panic, then any little slip results to a sack. Then another comes and the circle continues. Amodu was always getting result for us, qualified us for two world cups and yet said he knew nothing about the job. He qualified us for two world cups yet he wasn't allowed to attend any.

Keshi is doing the right thing. He needs to experiment with lots of players over a period of time, like two years. With that he will be able to raise a good team for us as some will fit in while others fit out. That was how Westerhof raised the USA '94 team over a period of 5 years. Westerhof failed in his first assignment where he failed to get a draw in Younde against Cameroun in 1989 and Nigeria went out of Italia '90 race.

But, he return home and played a lot of games, WAFU/ECOWAS cup, Algers '90 etc. Old player like Yisa Sofoluwe, Andrew Uwe, Osaro Obobaifo, Henry Nwosu, etc gave way for the young players which were discovered over a period of 5 years enroute USA '94. Rasheed Yekini proved over time to be the better striker than Richard Owunbokiri. Uche Okechukwu and Samson Sisia came in, Finidi George, Thompson Oliha, Uche Okafor, Benedict Iroha, Alloy Agu, etc. As time went on, Ben Iroha, Emmanuel Amunike, Austine Okocha. Sunday Oliseh was discovered after Nigeria had already secured the world cup ticket to USA '94. Peter Rufai had to return and Chidi Nwanu was drafted in for the world cup proper.

A lot of players were used, a lot were dropped on the journey and only the best 22 man squad survived and became the most feared team in Africa, and Nigeria was 5th in FIFA ranking after Tunisia '94. Players like Rubeun Agboola, Edema Fulundu, Nduka Ugbade, Moses Kpakpor played their part but had to give way along the line. That was how Westerhof built one of the most feared teams in the world at the time. The team was so good that players like Victor Ikpeba could hardly get games despite being so good for their clubs banging in goals.

The truth is that majority of the players were discovered from our local clubs. Finidi, Amokachi, Iroha, Oliha, etc. They were so rugged that they could withstand any weather, heat or pitch in other African countries. They beat Burkinafaso 7-1, Ethiopia 6-0, Algeria and Ivory coast 4-1.

One can therefore draw a conclusion that Keshi is doing the right thing. First, the eagles he inherited cannot withstand the big teams in Africa talking more of playing Spain or Germany. Secondly, they could hardly get good result against physical playing African teams. Third, most of them are not so committed. I am yet to notice what contribution Mikel has made so far that warrants anyone building the future team around him. Uche is the only one who is committed. Osazee too is good. Hence, Keshi is doing the right thing. We should not just think of now, we should think of having a solid Super Eagles that can stand against the likes of Spain, Italy, Brazil and Germany in the next world cup. It can only be achieved by giving every good young player a chance, whether local or abroad. Attention should be given to building a team of tall, physical and skillful players. These are the characteristics of the Super Eagles of '94, also the Senegal team of '92 and the current Ivory coast team.

Keshi has a good programme, it requires some risk taking. He is not scared of taking it to get the best. That's how you know a man with a target and goal.

Everyone should take note...patience is the key.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
sambos994:

Everyone should take note...patience is the key.

I agree with you but let's not forget that Westerhoff had a policy of looking for true talents that could rival the best in the world. The Cairo '90 team was world class. Also was the Senegal '92 team. Abedi Pele fought with all his might to stop us from reaching the final in AFCON. Let's don't make it look as if we were mediocre till 1994.

As of Siasia, as long as he destroyed Yemi Tella's team, which rivaled the best Young talents in the world. Dropped a keeper that conceeded only one goal from Kroos of Bayern Munich in a tournament. Saved 3 penalties in the final (Even Manchester United's De Gea was in that tourney but our keeper was the best). Siasia messed the U20 he coached. Siasia is not fit to coach Naija. My pick is Oliseh.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by sambos994(m): 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:
I agree with you but let's not forget that Westerhoff had a policy of looking for true talents that could rival the best in the world. The Cairo '90 team was world class. Also was the Senegal '92 team. Abedi Pele fought with all his might to stop us from reaching the final in AFCON. Let's don't make it look as if we were mediocre till 1994.

As of Siasia, as long as he destroyed Yemi Tella's team, which rivaled the best Young talents in the world. Dropped a keeper that conceeded only one goal from Kroos of Bayern Munich in a tournament. Saved 3 penalties in the final. Siasia messed the U20 he coached. Siasia is not fit to coach Naija. My pick is Oliseh.

Well....I have to admit Siasia was a little cocky but Keshi is trying to integrate home based with foreign based. That may take some time so Nigerians have to be patient.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
sambos994:

Well....I have to admit Siasia was a little cocky but Keshi is trying to integrate home based with foreign based. That may take some time so Nigerians have to be patient.

Yes I agree but the talents he is gathering, can they match the talents of David Silva, Falcao Garcia and Sergio Aguero. No. Keshi is suppose to be looking beyond the NPL. Into Secondary Schools and Grassroot tournaments to find unpolished gems. Remember Siasia was still in Secondary school when he was called up to play for the Super Eagles. That is how you can find a real raw talent.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by ayusco: 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2012
Dude wc yemi tella r u talkin abt? The one full of old men tht won the u17? I laff in rabiu ibrahim. A squad full of players who hav not done jack robinson in their meagre clubs not to talk of NT. The best we got out of them is lukman haruna who sadly proved to be a one season wonder and is currently warming the benches of dynamo kiev. As for yestdays result guys jeez take a chill pill 2-2 away not the best but fair
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
ayusco: Dude wc yemi tella r u talkin abt? The one full of old men tht won the u17? I laff in rabiu ibrahim. A squad full of players who hav not done jack robinson in their meagre clubs not to talk of NT. The best we got out of them is lukman haruna who sadly proved to be a one season wonder and is currently warming the benches of dynamo kiev. As for yestdays result guys jeez take a chill pill 2-2 away not the best but fair

So you believe the team Siasia fielded in the U20 that embarrassed the nation were young men? I laugh in Ijaw. I am not saying Yemi Tella's boys were the bright hope of Nigeria, but they were the best option for that tourney and Siasia flunked it.

By the way I talked of Nigeria developing from the grassroot. If we are to progress, we should start scouting from Junior Secondary Schools to build an U15 team and make sure they progress in Unison and not break them and form a new team for every new tourney.

By the way the Atlanta '96 dream team were kept together from the U17 World Cup.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:16pm On Sep 09, 2012
ayusco: Dude wc yemi tella r u talkin abt? The one full of old men tht won the u17? I laff in rabiu ibrahim. A squad full of players who hav not done jack robinson in their meagre clubs not to talk of NT. The best we got out of them is lukman haruna who sadly proved to be a one season wonder and is currently warming the benches of dynamo kiev. As for yestdays result guys jeez take a chill pill 2-2 away not the best but fair

By the way do you think Finidi George, Sunday Oliseh, Kanu Nwankwo, Emmanuel Amuneke, Daniel Amokachi and co. would have done Jack Robinson if the National team was not managed well by Clemence Westerhoff? That is why that team depleted. As soon as Siasia destroyed that team, it was a wrap and a huge opportunity lost. Many of the world stars today were made by their national teams and not clubs.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by elampiro(m): 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

So you believe the team Siasia fielded in the U20 that embarrassed the nation were young men? I laugh in Ijaw. I am not saying that they were the bright hope of Nigeria, but they were the best option for that tourney and Siasia flunked it.

By the way I talked of Nigeria developing from the grassroot. If we are to progress, we should start scouting from Junior Secondary Schools to build an U15 team and make sure they progress in Unison and not break them and form a new team for every new tourney.

By the way the Atlanta '96 dream team were kept together from the U17 World Cup.

Not so correct. The dream team had players that didn't participate in the Japan '93 U-17. Joseph Dosu, Victor Ikpeba, Taribo West, Okocha, Okechukwu, Amunike, Amokachi, etc.

You can't build a team from U-15 to senior without breaking it. It's impossible. At some stages, better talent than what you have will emerge from other places. When Okocha came, Westerhof forgot about Etim Esin. It's like that. The doors can never be closed. A future team is built from boys of 22 to 25 with a few old fit players to guide them. That's why Uche and Osazee should be the pillars now.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by ayusco: 1:37pm On Sep 09, 2012
Dude u r so funny pls google the u20 squad that saisia took to the 2009 u20 world contained a good number of the yemi tella boys who u claimed siasia 'destroyed' the same goal keeper u are hyping was in that team o. Even with his old men(funny enuf most of them have or are part of the NT team setup) he achieved something tangible e.g beijing silver. So na NT develop Messi drogba etc abi *smh*
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
elampiro:

Not so correct. The dream team had players that didn't participate in the Japan '93 U-17. Joseph Dosu, Victor Ikpeba, Taribo West, Okocha, Okechukwu, Amunike, Amokachi, etc.

You can't build a team from U-15 to senior without breaking it. It's impossible. At some stages, better talent than what you have will emerge from other places. When Okocha came, Westerhof forgot about Etim Esin. It's like that. The doors can never be closed. A future team is built from boys of 22 to 25 with a few old fit players to guide them. That's why Uche and Osazee should be the pillars now.

I agree with u but it starts from the grassroot. Not every player from the Spanish side that won Nigeria '99 made it into the national team but they got Xavi and Abelda. Not every player that played for Spain in Netherland 2005 made it to the Spanish national team but they got Fabregas, Silva, Llorente. That is the way to go. You build a highly talented youth team and replace them with better talents and not lesser ones.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2012
ayusco: Dude u r so funny pls google the u20 squad that saisia took to the 2009 u20 world contained a good number of the yemi tella boys who u claimed siasia 'destroyed' the same goal keeper u are hyping was in that team o. Even with his old men(funny enuf most of them have or are part of the NT team setup) he achieved something tangible e.g beijing silver. So na NT develop Messi drogba etc abi *smh*

Squad list U17 2007

1 Laide OKANLAWON (NGA)
2 Ganiyu OSENI (NGA)
3 Usman AMODU (NGA)
4 Azeez BALOGUN (NGA)
5 Kingsley UDOH (NGA)
6 Daniel JOSHUA (NGA)
7 King OSANGA (NGA)
8 Kabiru AKINSOLA (NGA)
9 Macauley CHRISANTUS (NGA)
10 Rabiu IBRAHIM (NGA)
11 Matthew EDILE (NGA)
12 Oladele AJIBOYE (NGA)
13 Yakubu ALFA (NGA)
14 Lukman ABDULKARIM (NGA)
15 Sheriff ISA (NGA)
16 Mustapha IBRAHIM (NGA)
17 Uremu EGBETA (NGA)
18 Ademola RAFEAL (NGA)
19 Saheed FABIYI (NGA)
20 Lukman HARUNA (NGA)
21 Uche OKAFOR (NGA)

Squad List U20 2009

1 Oladele AJIBOYE (NGA)
2 Daniel ADEJO (NGA)
3 Nurudeen ORELESI (NGA)
4 Obiora NWANKWO (NGA)
5 Raheem LAWAL (NGA)
6 Ibok EDET (NGA)
7 King OSANGA (NGA)
8 Odion IGHALO (NGA)
9 Kehinde FATAI (NGA)
10 Rabiu IBRAHIM (NGA)
11 Danny UCHECHI (NGA)
12 Uche OKAFOR (NGA)
13 Yakubu ALFA (NGA)
14 Omatsone ALUKO (NGA)
15 Oluwasina ABE (NGA)
16 Stanley OHAWUCHI (NGA)
17 Gbolahan SALAMI (NGA)
18 Muhammad SHAGARI (NGA)
19 Harmony IKANDE (NGA)
20 Lukman HARUNA (NGA)
21 Oladejo OLATERU (NGA)

Please Hommie, does this look like the same Squad list? The stars of the Tella's U17 teams were Ibrahim Rabiu, Macauley Chrisantus, Ganiyu Useni, Haruna Lukman and Dele Ajiboye. Apart from Lukman, no other star of the U17 team was a regular. You said that the Goalkeeper was in that team. I never said he wasn't but don't you know that Ajiboye did not keep one match in 2009. The keeper Siasia chose was the 3rd choice keeper in 2007 who couldn't even build his wall? Please you are not researching properly. I followed both tournaments, I don't even need to google it. I still remember how Fran Merida made Okafor look stupid when he lobbed the ball over him. I still remember how a German Midfielder pushed/fouled a Nigerian defender to send us packing. I still remember the wonderful goal Ibrahim Rabiu scored and then Siasia benched him immediately and he left shaking his head.

1 Like

Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2012
ayusco: Dude u r so funny pls google the u20 squad that saisia took to the 2009 u20 world contained a good number of the yemi tella boys who u claimed siasia 'destroyed' the same goal keeper u are hyping was in that team o. Even with his old men(funny enuf most of them have or are part of the NT team setup) he achieved something tangible e.g beijing silver. So na NT develop Messi drogba etc abi *smh*
By the way Messi became a regular member of the Barca team after he won the Golden boot and Golden ball at Netherland 2005. Also Aguero, Zabaletta, Gago became recognised internationally after the same tournament. If the national team isn't well managed, a lot of stars would be wasted. This goes to all levels of the national team. That is why Spain and Germany are dominating now.
Re: Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 by marutimon: 3:40pm On Sep 09, 2012
Liberia - Nigeria is the ONLY game from yesterday I can't find highlights online...

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Croatian President Stormed Stadium To Watch Croatia Vs Russia Match / Asisat Oshoala Buys A House For Her Parents (Photos) / Pita Taufatofu Shines At Tokyo Olympic As He Appears Without Shirt (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.