Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

What Do You Like About Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Like About Nigeria? (619 Views)

Obasanjo: Say What You Like About Me, I’ll Support Buhari / What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? / Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Like About Nigeria? by naijametro: 9:55am On Sep 07, 2012
Say something positive that you like about Nigeria.
It's so easy to complain about the state of the Nation, however before things can improve we need to find some good things in the country and build on solid foundations.
Focusing on negative issues like corruption and tribalism will not help. You can't have bad leaders without bad followers!

[b]Don't curse the darkness, light a candle.[/b]That's what the up and coming blog, www.naijametro.com is all about.

If you spend too much time being critical without offering feasible solutions you only make things worse and you tend to neglect the positive trends.
For example, Nigerian athletes are doing well at the Paralympics because they built on their success in weightlifting at the 2008 games.

So, tell me something good about Nigeria.
Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by redsun(m): 10:03am On Sep 07, 2012
naijametro: Say something positive that you like about Nigeria.
It's so easy to complain about the state of the Nation, however before things can improve we need to find some good things in the country and build on solid foundations.
Focusing on negative issues like corruption and tribalism will not help. You can't have bad leaders without bad followers!

[b]Don't curse the darkness, light a candle.[/b]That's what the up and coming blog, www.naijametro.com is all about.

If you spend too much time being critical without offering feasible solutions you only make things worse and you tend to neglect the positive trends.
For example, Nigerian athletes are doing well at the Paralympics because they built on their success in weightlifting at the 2008 games.

So, tell me something good about Nigeria.

I like the fact that it is a land of milk and honey,with loads of eye piercing torns surrounding which makes it impossible to reach.Unless of course the torns are cut down.

Those torns are nigerian politicians.
Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by naijametro: 9:33am On Sep 11, 2012
Yes the politicians are part of the problem... but then who voted for them?
People need to choose better leaders.
Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by Callotti: 9:43am On Sep 11, 2012
The food and traditional attire.
My village.
My loving, fantastic family. . . .cool
Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by naijametro: 12:00pm On Sep 11, 2012
No question the food is great...
we need to market it to the international community - like Chinese food!
Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by naijametro: 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2012
And Nigerian fashion designers are doing quite well

(1) (Reply)

JTF Urges Kano Residents To Go About Their Lawful Businesses After Raid On BH / Ouk Youths Foundation 4 Peace And United Nigeria / GEJ Arrives In New York After Stops To Check Ailing Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.