Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse (19963 Views)

Cynthia Osokogu Was Chained & Strangled To Death / The Faces Of Cynthia Osokogu’s Alleged Murderers / Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2012
he police in Lagos state, western Nigeria refused to release the corpse of Cynthia Osokogu, the Facebook girl murdered by suspected kidnappers in a hotel in Lagos, to her parents for burial in her hometown today.

According to sources, the police had planned to do an autopsy on the body yesterday at the Ikeja General Hospital morgue. Police Commissioner Umaru Manko told P.M.News that the pathologist did not complete the autopsy and hence the decision not to release Cynthia’s body for burial.

It was not clear whether the autopsy delayed the release of the body. One source said the police needed to conclude the autopsy since the report is vital to the trial of the suspects, who had confessed killing the girl.

Cynthia’s burial which was scheduled for today in Agbor, Delta State, south-south Nigeria, had to be delayed when the remains of the deceased did not arrive Agbor, her home town, as expected. A decision was later made by the family to give her a ceremonial burial.

P.M.NEWS gathered from retired Major General Frank Nwafor Osokogu, father of the deceased, that the police were yet to release the corpse for burial.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/lagos-police-seize-corpse-facebook-murder-victim-cynthia-osokogu-pm-news-lagos

Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by DExplorer1: 5:45pm On Sep 07, 2012
Just like TB Joshua, this thread will make frontpage.
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by Abbycite(m): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2012
Hmmmm......Nigeria Police is working, Nigeria is working.

Useless set of people.....mstchew.....#spit#
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by CrazyMan(m): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2012
I feel the police should commended for speed by which they apprehended her killers.

If they say they want an autopsy on the body, then lets be patient with them while they conduct it.

Since they've gone this far to ensure the capture of the culprits, then I feel we should believe them and give them some time to conduct the autopsy.

5 Likes

Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2012
Abi police want collect bribe again ni? Why delay? #just saying#
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by Siga: 7:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
I understand the family wants to bury her, but what difference does it make now....the poor girl is gone....let the police do what they want to do and they will eventually release the body....RIP girl
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by andyanders: 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2012
Pity seeing her bereaved family.May God grant them the fortitude to bear this
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by ebamma(m): 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2012
cynthia thank God say you from rich family,if na my sister be that i no sure say police for take am seriously like this

4 Likes

Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by sylve11: 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2012
What's the autopsy for? cool

1 Like

Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by tpia5: 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2012
i think afam4ever and co should stay off any thread pertaining to the late cynthia, before you start stoking some unnecessary fires somewhere.

its not a crime to not have empathy, but you sure as heck can shut the heck up and just keep your thoughts to yourself?

i find people who rejoice over other people's sorrow, very annoying and imo, they're under a curse. Especially when this is someone you dont know personally and who has done nothing to you?

your posts so far as regards this matter, havent been impressive at all.

even if its your enemy, just shut up for goodness sake.

and this applies to the other misfits out there as well.

2 Likes

Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by ceejay80s(m): 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
I rEMEMBER THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN DEM THEY SHOW ON TV, ARMED ROBBERS WEY DEM DEY SHOOT DEM FOR FIRING SQUAD! I think dat na the best SOLUTION
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by superior1: 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
If they want to conduct autopsy to prosecute her killers, so be it. Abeg what is news about this
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2012
Autopsy and pathology reports are necessary before prosecution of the suspects, without which they could walk free for lack of evidence from the jury. Nairaland should be a place for people to come and learn and not to come and get more stvpid!!

7 Likes

Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by NobleAngell(f): 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2012
Pls can we hav sum peace concernin dis Cynthia's murder. May her gentle soul rest in d bossom of d Lord. Buh front page everyday? C'mmo angryn giv us a break!
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by Djtm(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2012
How long does it take to conduct an autopsy?
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by stagger: 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
These kind of cases require all sorts of tests on the corpse include autopsy to try to find evidence tying the suspects to the crime. So nothing unusual.
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by super1760: 7:44pm On Sep 07, 2012
So what is the autopsy for? Abi dem neva catch the killer? Nna nawa 4 police sef
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by Lovine: 7:45pm On Sep 07, 2012
The governor seemed to say I thank God I have the opportunity to cross my hand over your neck, how I wish it was Cynthia? HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by SisiKill1: 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2012
Why didn't the police inform the parents the body won't be released before they planned the funeral??

The poor parents no doubt have mentally prepped themselves only to get an "Opps, not today. . .burial postponed until. . .whenever".

It's difficult enough planning a child's funeral, then having to do it twice? Come now! Who is in charge of the Public Relations Dept for the Police? They should know this was an EPIC FAIL!!

Way to ruin something that was already getting them praises undecided

2 Likes

Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by UyiIredia(m): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2012
Why did they seize the corpse. that was very bad of them. I'm thinking the family should protest against this and recover the corpse.
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by Callotti: 8:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
This tragedy has no fullstop.
Even 'Our Real Deltan Price' is involved.
What a generous, kind soul. grin
God bless you Emma. kiss
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by greatgod2012(f): 8:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
autopsy or not, d innocent lady's life has been wasted, may her gentle soul rest in peace.
Btw, Cyntian's story is and can never
be a sweet story to be hearing every time, i think we need break over this issue to atleast give room 4 what will not make us shed tears again, i mean what will make us laugh and 4get a little Naija's problems.
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2012
Billyonaire: Autopsy and pathology reports are necessary before prosecution of the suspects, without which they could walk free for lack of evidence from the jury. Nairaland should be a place for people to come and learn and not to come and get more stvpid!!
bros take it easy ok? You ain't fighting with anyone.meanwhile what are you still doing on nairaland? I thought you said NL is garbage?

1 Like

Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by Cuddlemii: 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2012
Na Wa O.
This Cynthia's death has become the most popular crime story in Nigeria.
Never have I ever seen/heard so much about a crime committed in Nigeria.
Crimes usually die down early.

The Nigerian police are really in for this.
The good thing is that we are updated as events unfold and not left in the dark to speculate.
I just hope the Nigerian police can continue with this pattern.
If only we can have such commitment with the Boko Haram group, it would be great!
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by shizzle11(m): 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2012
sylve11: What's the autopsy for? cool

My thoughts exactly. Even if they have to conduct an autopsy, what have they being doing I mean will it take them eternity to do that? even when they know the burial ceremony has been fixed for today, why have they not concluded the autopsy all these while See how they're prolonging the sorrow of the family. Nigeria indeed jaga-jaga no be small. Useless nigeria police
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by mkpologwu(m): 8:23pm On Sep 07, 2012
She was in a hurry to head off to Lag for God-knows-what, but now she is no longer in a hurry to do anything yet some peeps want to hurry her off onto the grave!

Pls give the police a chance for once. They are helping the once-a-lousy-soul get justice.

That is if all I hear and read about this murder case is true!!!

1 Like

Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by freecocoa(f): 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2012
That one dey.
Re: Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
Cynthia is dead and gone. My concern is for other young girls that take that kinda mad and blind risk in their insatiable quest for MATERIAL THINGS and SEXUAL ADVENTURE.
To the ladies in the house, CYNTHIA's CASE IS JUST ONE OUT OF TOO MANY THAT GO UNREPORTED OR UNRESOLVED. DON'T BE PART OF THE STATISTIC.
Why are we wasting time talking about her soul resting in peace. CYNTHIA HANDED HER SOUL TO THE DEVIL THE MOMENT SHE WALKED INTO THAT SIN HOUSE(HOTEL) with her CRIMINAL LOVER. Even if she wanted to negotiate business with her fellow girl, it could have taken place anywhere but not a SIN HOUSE, talkless of negotiating what useless business apart from SEX-FOR-CASH DEAL in a HOTEL.
Say whatever you like, but your own days are numbered if currently you are as LOOSE as CYNTHIA. And 2moro people will come on NAIRALAND to blab about your SINFUL SOUL resting in which peace.
PEACE OF THE WICKED? We cant hoodwink GOD. For it is WRITTEN that "the soul that sinneth it shall die".
Her killers even have chance of making heaven if only they admit their sins and repent today. But for CYNTHIA, I know she burns right nw in hell. THAT'S THE BIBLE TRUTH

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Personal Assistant Dupes And Abducts Boss’ Son For Two Years / Soldiers Arrest Two Kidnappers In Zaria, Kaduna State (Photos) / Oliver Ezra Barawani Shot Dead By Policeman (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.