Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Press Statement Email From Dana Airline - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Press Statement Email From Dana Airline (8453 Views)

Dana Airline Hostess Avert Air-Hijack / Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / DANA Airline Grounded, Demuren To Step Aside! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by na2day(m): 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2012
[size=13pt]PRESS STATEMENT ON THE LIFTING OF THE SUSPENSION ON DANA AIR OPERATIONS BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT[/size]

Lagos, September 6, 2012

The management and the over 558 staff of Dana Air wish to express our deepest appreciation to the Federal Government of Nigeria over the lifting of the suspension of the airline's operations with effect from Wednesday, September 5, 2012, following government's satisfaction with the air-worthiness of the airline after a rigorous technical, operational and financial audit.

We also wish to thank all Nigerians and our esteemed guests for your prayers since the tragic accident of Sunday, June 3, 2012. Our thoughts and prayers will always be with the families that lost loved ones; we remain committed to assisting them in every way possible and also fulfilling our obligations to them fully, as stipulated by the law.

The provision of safe, reliable world-class air transport services has always been our focus at Dana Air and we will continue to adhere strictly to safety procedures as required by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Act and all other relevant local and international regulations, as we resume flight operations shortly.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by na2day(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2012
Its like getting a message from the grim reaper shocked
Anyway, i always use their service anytime I'm in Nigeria,
But not again! angry

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by superior1: 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2012
It is like a message from an undertaker

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by stagger: 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2012
And you will be surprised: some Naija goatheads will still go and fly the airline. Remember ADC?
Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by CLIQBOY(m): 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2012
Oya more deäth
Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2012
Viewing this topic: TB Joshua
'hmm, another 'plane crash prophecy' for this sunday'

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2012
I'll be on the first Dana plane upon resumption of their services.

Just walk in, spit on the pilot's face, punch a steward in the nuts and alight Asap..

3 Likes

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by DamilBlog: 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2012
It's not what we want to know. What was the cause? what have you implemented to prevent such occurrence? what information did get from the black box and data recorder?

Answer those question and not come here to fool Nigerian, you can go back to fool those thieves who lifted your ban and sincerely yours, they won't even patronise you.

Na hell all of una do end and before then, your stay on earth no go bam if you'all insist of playing with our lives!
Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by gigz31: 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2012
stagger: And you will be surprised: some Naija goatheads will still go and fly the airline. Remember ADC?
...As if you have not seen a major road accident and jumped On a car the next minute death will come when it will.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by Lordmike: 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2012
Dana will just die a natural death due to lack of patronage. good bye Dana, only a man who wants a repitation of ADC will fly Dana.

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by na2day(m): 7:58pm On Sep 07, 2012
musKeeto: I'll be on the first Dana plane upon resumption of their services.

Just walk in, spit on the pilot's face, punch a steward in the nuts and alight Asap..

grin grin grin
Ol boy,
U be badt boy grin
If i am the pilot. i will close the door on you before you can alight,
push the throttle, and take off vertically like a rocket, fly the plane until it stalls,
and hear you scream for mercy grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 07, 2012
They cannot even tell us how they intend to make the flights safer and what they have done so far. This statement to me is an insult to Nigerians. I remember in U.S when there was a train crash on redline DC, the metro company told the public that they will have to operate the trains manually until they certify that all the technical issues are perfectly taken care of. All Dana wants is money from Nigerians and it's obvious in the useless press statement

1 Like

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 07, 2012
Lordmike: Dana will just die a natural death due to lack of patronage. good bye Dana, only a man who wants a repitation of ADC will fly Dana.
you think so? Just wait let then slash their fare,you go see wetin go happen!

3 Likes

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by ujoatu(m): 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2012
i go fly.u guys can send some of us complementary tickets 2 show how COURAGEOUS WE ARE. grin
Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by dhanmccoy: 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2012
Seems y'all missed the part where their planes have gone through a strict audit. Fact is, Dana right NOW is safer than most airlines you fly.
Sha, that one na una own. Wetin concern us wey dey fly once in a blue moon? wink

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by ebamma(m): 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2012
I wish the likes of obasanjo,ibb, buhari, anenih,chris uba will patronize them, atleast the will help us in getting rid of those
old cargoes

1 Like

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by duality(m): 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
i see nothing wrong with DANA air. i see them growing stronger. some road transport company have killed more Nigerians since their inception than dana air and they are as strong as ever; with new fleets every six months. dana air can leverage on this spotlight if they know what they are doing.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2012
Lordmike: Dana will just die a natural death due to lack of patronage. good bye Dana, only a man who wants a repitation of ADC will fly Dana.

I have a different opinion, guess I'll rather fly Dana, than any other.
You can be sure they will be so meticulous with their safety procedure now.
It will be cheap too, Like 3k to Lagos, from Abuja. Return Ticket, 5k. Am sure, you might want to change your mind.

May their soul Rest in perfect peace - The Dana air victim.
Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2012
Oya! The Aviation Minister should come and tell us how much bribe she took.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by Peterpan1(m): 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2012
Well what can we say,thank u for ur air service ur testimonial lies in d hand of 157 souls,and they hav d guts 2 appreciate Nigerians,pls nairalanders ON WHAT

1 Like

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by Nonybb: 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2012
The reason why air clashes in nigeria get maximium attention is because it kills the rich. Wat about road transportation that kills ppl everyday per min?

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by segzicres(m): 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
Bunch of retards they shld better change the name of d airline if they really wanna survive in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by Siga: 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2012
Nonybb: The reason why air clashes in nigeria get maximium attention is because it kills the rich. Wat about road transportation that kills ppl everyday per min?
.....lol...bros...R far from L on the keyboard now....how u take use L instead of R ...Im sure meant crashes....lol....fun time...just messing with u... grin

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by swintiney: 9:18pm On Sep 07, 2012
Since our dear country seems not serious on very vital issues,
I would strongly advice everyone to beware of Dana air while flying,
Indian and Lebanese firms can do anything to get out of issues like this.

To Federal Govt., at least they should have ensured that they
compensate the victims before they compromise as usual.

To Dana Air, I wish you have your 558 staff and FG as the only passengers
on your flying coffins,even though the FG Has acted otherwise we at least
are aware that life is sacred and will take our decisions to reflect that.

Keep flying away alone as your advert jingle states.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by talkingfingers: 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2012
A STRICT financial audit (if ever it was carried out) was most unnecessary. Simply pay the N16m compensation each. That would be a good start to proving 'financial air-worthiness', whatever that means.
Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2012
na2day!:

grin grin grin
Ol boy,
U be badt boy grin
If i am the pilot. i will close the door on you before you can alight,
push the throttle, and take off vertically like a rocket, fly the plane until it stalls,
and hear you scream for mercy grin grin grin
. Hahaahahahahaahahahaahha una 2 mumu.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2012
musKeeto: Viewing this topic: TB Joshua
'hmm, another 'plane crash prophecy' for this sunday'
Seriously, dude, you are very funny!
Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by Kpac(m): 9:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
How about GEJ take their next flight,
Sanusi and Ngoozi take the next one after GEJ gets down safely
Tambuwal and Mark fly with the next flight after Sanusi and Ngozi touch down
And
All 36 state governors take the next flight after Tambuwal and Marka alight in one piece.......
Then....Nigerians would then be safe to fly...Our leaders are the most selfish people in this generation....

3 Likes

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by crisycent: 9:52pm On Sep 07, 2012
[b]Dear Nairalanders,

Let us be very frank in our assessment. The truth behind the crash of Dana airline is not that Dana's aircraft are too old to fly or that they have poor maintenance culture or because their pilots are poorly trained. The sad truth is that the ill fated Dana plane left abuja for lagos on "low fuel" but that fuel is enough to get them from Abuja to Lagos safely.

Then what happened? Remember that our first lady, Patience was in lagos the same day that the Dana plane crashed!!! The airspace in lagos was "CLOSED" because our first lady was in town. The Dana aircraft was hovering around the airport for more than 30 minutes on low fuel and still the airspace was closed.

Finally, the plane crashed when it finally ran out of fuel. I know that you have heard several stories about Dana having bad planes, but think of this. If the federal government suddenly gives dana the right to fly again after saying that dana has bad aircraft's, who is deceiving who? the government knows the truth and should be held responsible for killing innocent Nigerians for their "SELFISH" and stupid reason....If you are the wife of a president, why can't you allow other aircraft land after yours have landed? and the sad truth is that madam jonathan was not even at the airport....what a shame!![/b]

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by stagger: 10:09pm On Sep 07, 2012
gigz31: ...As if you have not seen a major road accident and jumped On a car the next minute death will come when it will.

You see what I said? See analogy?

The last time I travelled by road, the 5 wheel bolts of my left back tire split at Kwali and sent the tire flying. I got out, fixed the stuff with spare bolts, managed it all the way to Ayingba, did a temporary fix before managing it Enugu where it was properly fixed.

Next time your landing gear fails to open, you can simply tell your neighbour to hold your legs while you lean out of the emergency exit in mid air to drag the tires of the plane out manually.

Then you can see the faultiness in your analogy.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement Email From Dana Airline by dont8(m): 10:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
Can't still believe those coffins will be flying very soon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Some Nigerians Abroad Scared Of Going Back Home? / Two Dead, 6 Injured In Petrol Tanker Fire In Awka / Uk Visa Reference Number (urgent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.