Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Fall Of Liberty Reserve - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fall Of Liberty Reserve (780 Views)

These Are The Nigerians Benefiting From The Fall Of The Naira / Beware Of Liberty Reserve Scam With These Tips:for BUYERS Nd SELLERS! / HELP! !!how Can I Invest With My Liberty Reserve Cash Apart From Forex Trading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fall Of Liberty Reserve by holumine: 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2012
I have noticed a consistent fall in the price of Liberty Reserve in the Nigeria market, and I wonder what could be the reason for this, maybe we can get response from well experienced individuals pertaining to this. And what is the possibilty of a further slip in the market today so as to ascertain when to buy and when to sell this ecurrency.

1 Like

Re: Fall Of Liberty Reserve by hottprince: 6:09pm On Sep 07, 2012
I agree wit u n dsagree.
I agree in d sense dt d rate @ whch LR is been sold is by som merchnts reducn
I dsagree in d sense dt even tho its reducin.its nt a drastic reductn n d reductn is only in effect in 9ja n Ghana.
Wt i feel is causin ds is d high dmand fr LR n too many merchnts bt most of dem r nt smart enof to maximiz d increas in demand so on d contrary dere competition is bringin d price down.n sendin som into loss cos dey cnt keep up
But we dnt v to worry ds is all to our benefit.
Re: Fall Of Liberty Reserve by hottprince: 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2012
As to ur oda questn bout wen to buy n sell.If u wnt to get it cheap in bulk to later sell at big amount wait a little bit by my calculatn d price will still come down.But I cnt answer wen it'll go up again.Unless if LR bcms scarce whch I doubt
Re: Fall Of Liberty Reserve by holumine: 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
If you say it competition forcing down the price, I may well disagree because this sudden change started when LR had a downtime of about a week. Maybe that truncated the whole business (my thut). And since then its been going down and never stopped. Anyway exchangers should be able to give a proper explanation, cos am thinking about my LR after some accounts were reported frozen.
Re: Fall Of Liberty Reserve by databoy247(m): 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2012
Do you guys need a soothsayer for you to know its because of a fall in the value of the US dollar?
Re: Fall Of Liberty Reserve by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2012
The best explantion and most reasonable is that LR account owner are selling out in panick due to the recent down time. If you have a lot of cash there, you would`nt want it to get stuck if they suddenly crash.
This has to do with loss of confidence in their service.

Same thing also happeƱs in all other markets.
Re: Fall Of Liberty Reserve by hottprince: 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2012
databoy247: Do you guys need a soothsayer for you to know its because of a fall in the value of the US dollar?
That's not the reason the price of USD never affected LR dollar cos Liberty Reserve is not even a US company
Re: Fall Of Liberty Reserve by hottprince: 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2012
Read well bro I didnt say competition is d cause of d fall in LR cos 9ja merchnts dont v a say in whether it goes up or down.All I'm sayin is d fall is majorly xprienced in 9ja.Take a look at recognisd exchangrs like snapgold n xchanger.dere LR rate is nt affectd by d so calld fall.Its in 9ja dt we r xpriencn ds n its good fr us as buyers.
By competition I mean lots of merchnts wnt to sell dere LR n dey r ben forcd to drop dere prices to attract buyrs.But if dey r smart enof ds shudnt b happenin.
Re: Fall Of Liberty Reserve by Wisdomxy(m): 11:10am On Sep 08, 2012
The simple reason is that merchants are been cautious holding LR because the LR site has not been stable in the last few days, which many see as a sign that LR may soon go in to extinction as a virtual currency just like e-gold. Anyone holding LR now may make wise decision to tranfer it to other e- currencies libe webmoney, alertpay/payza,pecunix, or other forms of currencies. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Fall Of Liberty Reserve by hottprince: 11:30am On Sep 08, 2012
@wisdom wen alertpay was trnsfrmin to payza ppl were also sceptical.I dnt bliv dt dey r goin into xtinction.Its only in 9ja dt we r experincin fall in price of LR
Re: Fall Of Liberty Reserve by arbitrage: 11:35am On Sep 08, 2012
Honestly I've not seen the fall in LR price you people are talking about. Something that is higher than normal naira to dollar rate of N160 is not falling somehow.
Re: Fall Of Liberty Reserve by guruenigma(m): 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2012
All exchangers do have problem from time to time. Its either they are adding new service, or upgrading or a server problem. We should know that whatever is made by human hand must have problem one day. I do not see any reason for people to panic. enjoy your transactions using LR.

(1) (Reply)

Please How Can One Preserve Cassava For Exportation / How To Start A Computer Cleaning Business / Access Bank ATM Has Ruined My Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.