Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Tampa Vs Charlotte - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Tampa Vs Charlotte (3530 Views)

Check Out Photos From The Royal Christening Of Princess Charlotte Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
Pres, Dayo & Kaydee,
my brethren wassup now? I want to challenge you (especially Prez lol who I gave homework and he hasn't done it yet). Can we discuss the issue not the candidate? Every time I ask a question of prez, he shoots something back about Romney, Palin, Googrich etc etc, completely avoiding discussing the merit/demerit of the issue itself cheesy.

I don't like Mitt Romney. I even said here a while back I'd vote for Obama if Romney was the GOP candidate (and erhhm that has changed, NO-bama for me, I'll probably write-in granpa Ron Paul's name on my ballot at this point). So deflecting to the many shortcomings of Romney does nothing but show you probably don't care beyond the (D) or (R) beside a candidates name. And I want to challenge you lovely fellas to discuss issues - rather than partisan politics smiley.

Now, on Romney. He seems like a nice enough guy...but disingenuous. He probably believes the things he says - but the lack of conviction leaves so much to be desired. Add to that he's not particularly charismatic or able to capture the heart of an audience, I will be suprised if he wins the election.

On his comments...they say you are who you are when you think no one is watching, and Romney has shown his colors. As you guys are Liberally disposed you'll obviously cry foul & wolf & jack the ripper at his comments, but don't be suprised that a sizeable portion of the Independent vote side with him. He is right that Obama's base is NOT going to vote for him no matter what and likewise the Republican base is not going to vote for Obama no matter what. It is the Independent vote that sways an election one way or another. I personally am tired of the growing percentage of "entitled" americans who think they deserve a portion of my paycheck in form of govt subsidies. Where Romney could've exercised more tact is not alienating them all - but rather being more diplomatic in trying to get them to change their mindset. You may not win them all, but you can win a few here & there.

Lets see in a week where the polls go. And oh, that 5point bounce in the polls that Obama saw after the DNC has virtually disappeared...don't underestimate the short term memory of the American public.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
When its election time you cant dissociate the issues from the person. Thats why a known child molester would not be allowed to run a day care even if he has all the paper qualifications

Romney is a businessman and he thinks like America is a business you do whatever needs to be done at the moment to get Votes(Profits)

In front of the few very rich donors, Its better to Tell them that they carry the burden of the poor and they would be given a tax break to win their support

Just like he has been caught pants down on several issues Like Abortion, Gay rights, Immigration and even foreign Policy. Romney is a guy that says whatever to get results thus his own convictions are not even clear.

That was why it was difficult for him to win the republican primaries even with the very mediocre(poor actually) contestants

Imagine Santorum dragging with Romney with less than 5% of Romneys finances. Simply because the Republican base are not convinced about MYTH.

All his campaign and policies in Liberal Massachussets he is willing to go against all of them as a president

I have met several die hard Republicans (texas is their base) who even though hate Obama they are not convinced with Romney. Most wont even vote and the others that would vote are driven by the hate for Obama which is more than the Love for Romney The Masachusset Moderate (Quoting Newt)
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 6:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
dayokanu: When its election time you cant dissociate the issues from the person. Thats why a known child molester would not be allowed to run a day care even if he has all the paper qualifications

Romney is a businessman and he thinks like America is a business you do whatever needs to be done at the moment to get Votes(Profits)

In front of the few very rich donors, Its better to Tell them that they carry the burden of the poor and they would be given a tax break to win their support

Just like he has been caught pants down on several issues Like Abortion, Gay rights, Immigration and even foreign Policy. Romney is a guy that says whatever to get results thus his own convictions are not even clear.

That was why it was difficult for him to win the republican primaries even with the very mediocre(poor actually) contestants

Imagine Santorum dragging with Romney with less than 5% of Romneys finances. Simply because the Republican base are not convinced about MYTH.

All his campaign and policies in Liberal Massachussets he is willing to go against all of them as a president

I have met several die hard Republicans (texas is their base) who even though hate Obama they are not convinced with Romney. Most wont even vote and the others that would vote are driven by the hate for Obama which is more than the Love for Romney The Masachusset Moderate (Quoting Newt)
True. And I don't necessarily disagree with you (perhaps I should've directed my post solely at Prez lol smiley)

I was discussing a number of issues with pres-elect, and his only retort was "Romney" "Bain capital" "Bush" "Palin" etc etc...hence my reply to focus on the issue not a candidate as Romney most certainly does not represent the 'conservative' view, talkless of the republican view as you yourself stated about your republican friends. I would fancy a thread/discussion where issues were thrashed out without the distraction of the candidate or whatever gaffes he may have made.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by dayokanu(m): 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
OK. I agree with you.

The thing about Romney is that a lot of stereotypes are sticking to him stringly

He is a flip-flopper - We have over 6 major issues where he would claim he "Mis-spoke", "He was misquoted", "He was wrong at that time", "I didn't have the right information" etc.

2. He is disconnected - No mention of Afghan and Iraq during his RNC, the other gaffe about Egypt and Libya, The London Error

3. He is a ruthless businessman with no Human feeling- Remember Rick Perry's "Vulture capitalism", His "I don't care about the poor" lately the 47% statement, "Leave Detroit to die"

With the state of the economy, the rise of the tea Party, Unemployment numbers, Strained relations with Israel etc Obama shouldn't even be an issue this election.

But Romney is so tough a sell that he is making the job of his campaign managers extremely hard and his penchant for ill-thought statements.

Now the debates are coming and we know unlike Newt debates aren't his strongest Points and someone like Obama would eat him for dinner in any debates. His hopes should be to pray for any catastrophe in the next 6weeks.

Where is TayoD, I would be interested in his contributions on this too. Maybe a new thread would be the best idea
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 2:15am On Sep 20, 2012
Sorry dear jesoul
The last thing I'll do here is to debate you or tayoD on any political issue.
Truth be said, it'll go nowhere. cool
You can't convince me, and vice versa. With tayo it's even worse. That one, if I say I'm pres-elect, he will not agree grin . What's the point. Obviously I didnt read your post, usually don't read your posts if they are long. Just saw the cartoon and responded to it cool

This year, Americans will decide whether to return to the Bush policies or to try the clintonian economics. Na dem sabi. Na look I de look dem.
It was so bad they won't even mention Bush in their convention while democrats display Clinton at random. The difference is clear. If the tax cut for the rich policies of bush was so good why ain't they parading little George around the way the dems ate parading billy the dude?

Why are the republicans trying to stifle voting rights? Instead of trying to win over the Latinos and minorities. This is how the devil operates in the spirit world cool (na me talk am). If he can't get xtians to worship him, he stops them from worshiping the true God.

Quote me cool
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2012
dayokanu: OK. I agree with you.

The thing about Romney is that a lot of stereotypes are sticking to him stringly

He is a flip-flopper - We have over 6 major issues where he would claim he "Mis-spoke", "He was misquoted", "He was wrong at that time", "I didn't have the right information" etc.

2. He is disconnected - No mention of Afghan and Iraq during his RNC, the other gaffe about Egypt and Libya, The London Error

3. He is a ruthless businessman with no Human feeling- Remember Rick Perry's "Vulture capitalism", His "I don't care about the poor" lately the 47% statement, "Leave Detroit to die"

With the state of the economy, the rise of the tea Party, Unemployment numbers, Strained relations with Israel etc Obama shouldn't even be an issue this election.

But Romney is so tough a sell that he is making the job of his campaign managers extremely hard and his penchant for ill-thought statements.

Now the debates are coming and we know unlike Newt debates aren't his strongest Points and someone like Obama would eat him for dinner in any debates. His hopes should be to pray for any catastrophe in the next 6weeks.

Where is TayoD, I would be interested in his contributions on this too. Maybe a new thread would be the best idea
I'd like to defend Romney just to balance the scales but you're making it difficult lol. I don't disagree with much of your criticism, he is truly a tough sell and many of the Tea Party movement have even sworn not to vote for him. The debates will tell us so much more, lets wait and see...I don't think Obama will blow him out of the water, it will be interesting.

pres-elect:
Sorry dear jesoul
The last thing I'll do here is to debate you or tayoD on any political issue.
Truth be said, it'll go nowhere. cool
You can't convince me, and vice versa. With tayo it's even worse. That one, if I say I'm pres-elect, he will not agree grin . What's the point. Obviously I didnt read your post, usually don't read your posts if they are long. Just saw the cartoon and responded to it cool

This year, Americans will decide whether to return to the Bush policies or to try the clintonian economics. Na dem sabi. Na look I de look dem.
It was so bad they won't even mention Bush in their convention while democrats display Clinton at random. The difference is clear. If the tax cut for the rich policies of bush was so good why ain't they parading little George around the way the dems ate parading billy the dude?

Why are the republicans trying to stifle voting rights? Instead of trying to win over the Latinos and minorities. This is how the devil operates in the spirit world cool (na me talk am). If he can't get xtians to worship him, he stops them from worshiping the true God.

Quote me cool
See this one...I'm glad I responded to your posts fully - that way anyone reading today, tomorrow or in 20years time will know that you're full of hot air and not much else cheesy. Its easy to throw out catch phrases you get from your weekly liberal newsletter, a whole nother ball game to actually critically think & defend them.

Like you said, the last thing you want to do is debate abi grin you know you cannot answer for yourself at all at all cheesy. I still love you sha, yeye boy lol.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2012
for all the talk about msnbc and the liberal media, more often than not i dont watch those shows. i used to watch keith olbermann but since he left i watch very little else. actually i watch tv less than 2hrs a week. my liberal ideology comes from the bible. it's from within. it's frommylife story, the story of a kid from a village in eastern nigeria, at a point we struggled to feed, but we kept the trust in God and today every member of the family is abroad doing well and my dad travels from country to country. it's about God and freedom. freedom from want, freedom from fear etc. it's about christ healing everyone, feeding everyone, loving everyone, disparaging no one, not even the adulterous woman. it's about God loving everyone. it's a message of being my brothers keeper. it's a messgae of choice. teach the people and let them decide for themselves.
in the new testament christ spoke of the poor more than he spoke of the sinner. i look at my country and see the work of the missionaries, the schools they built, the hospitals they built. i see my story, public education producing a talented guy like me. if i was born in america under a tea-party-like government, i wont be what i am today. with all the cut-cut-cut here and there. they would cut funding for public schools and i wont have that fundamental primary education that gave me a direction in life. my parents may not have been able to afford health insurance and that means i would have been . . . . only God knows.

i'm convinced that the government is not just there to fund an army, but to assist the poorest of the poor. these systems may be abused, as all human systems, but this should not make helping the poor a bad thing. in america today, the poor are demonized. it's like a sin to be poor. that's why i hate the republican agenda.
we have seen what the tea baggers menat when they say "give me back my country". they want the US of 1950s, when blacks were at the back of the bus, largely disfranchized. just 2yrs since the 2010 GOP victories we've seen new voter suppressions.

1 Like

Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2012
if those people have their way they will roll back all the rights people have got.
now you may ask, how can iconnect the bible with the currect secular liberal ideology. well, i'm against homosexuality, lesbianism, same sex marriages, abortions etc. i believe in God. however, i dont like it when people start making laws based on religious beliefs. it is dangerous. historically tested and proven. it may look good ab initio but it always ends in disaster. i'll rather live and let live. i have my choice you have yours

so bottomline is, i dont get my liberalism from tv or radio or internet. i may get some fun from tv(i love watching keith rant) it's fun for me. actually i'm amazed at how adults can watch tv and decide whom to vote for based on what they watched on tv. i think it shows lack of internal reasoning capability. [s]anybody in america today who has not made up his mind on whom to vote should not be allowed to vote[/s] how can someone decide whom to vote by watching some political ad? doesnt he know that in an election year both parties will say anything to win election?

anyway, this is my opinion. i expect you to disagree. why should i debate you? i'm here for fun. pure fun. i love upsetting tayo grin sometimes i may go emotional but after all said and done, na here we dey, regardless of who wins(but cameron de show us for here o grin . . hoha cheesy )

if i have the time, i may read your posts. especially if they are not too long cool but i've made up my mind, these days, nairaland is for fun, unalloyed fun tongue
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by A40(m): 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
JeSoul: I'd like to defend Romney just to balance the scales but you're making it difficult lol. I don't disagree with much of your criticism, he is truly a tough sell and many of the Tea Party movement have even sworn not to vote for him. The debates will tell us so much more, lets wait and see...I don't think Obama will blow him out of the water, it will be interesting.

See this one...I'm glad I responded to your posts fully - that way anyone reading today, tomorrow or in 20years time will know that you're full of hot air and not much else cheesy. Its easy to throw out catch phrases you get from your weekly liberal newsletter, a whole nother ball game to actually critically think & defend them.

Like you said, the last thing you want to do is debate abi grin you know you cannot answer for yourself at all at all cheesy. I still love you sha, yeye boy lol.
Offtopic!

Iya have u abandoned Tom Brady already?? Lol no be so oh undecided I thought u had left this joint!! Season don start na
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by KayDee4: 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2012
@JeS, Its not about Romney specifically and his glorious gaffes grin ; whether it is Newt or Santorum, the repubs are all the same. Whatever Mitt says or does is to a large extent, indicative of the party's ideology and plans as a whole (Let the rich get richer while the poor stays poor).

So the issue you have with Obama and the Dems is that of welfare? I don't support 100% free-loading by full-time freeloaders (ie: people who sit back, relax and wait for the freebies to land on their laps) but there are some hard-working people who genuinely need government help in one form or the other (healthcare, lower tuition or food stamps).
Either way, you can't run from parting with that part of your money because if it's not deducted from your paycheck as payroll tax for welfare or social security, you pay it in income tax (which the repubs plan to raise by the way) to service the deficit while the rich ones get cuts and pay far less. Unless of course, you're part of the 1% (who knows). cheesy
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by montelik(m): 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2012
Interesting take Pres. I recall a lively debate I had regarding conservative vs liberal ideology and the bible. One of my old professors often used to use Matthew 25 (the parable of the talents) to show that the idea that liberal economics and democracy is derived from the bible as fallacy. As he likes to put it, if liberal economics was biblical the parable of the talents tells a different story. The master would not have given the one talent of the disobedient servant to the one already possessing 10. He would have given it to the servant with 4 to promote equity or social democracy. grin

In fact as he likes to put it. If the bible were in favor of liberal economics, the master would have given the errant servant back the one talent while taking a talent from the servant 10 and added it to the one, giving him 2 talents. After all it would only be fair to give him resources similar to the others in other for him to achieve results as well in view of their abundance. cool
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 5:22am On Sep 24, 2012
Somebody said God is a capitalist. And I think capitalism is good. But the capitalism we see now is what Texas governor Rick perry called "vulture capitalism". A ruthless version of capitalism whereby the rich get extremely rich and the poor. . . . . . well, they survive in an increasing wide gap between the rich and the poor.

The parable you told, the guy with the least talent was rebellious. If you know God the way I do ( cool ), you'll agree that HE hates rebellious characters. So god took away his talent and gave it to a most productive guy. Makes sense. The playing field was fair, expectations weren't parallel. Yet the dude refused to invest, instead he found fault in the master.

But Christ loved all, fed the hungry that he met, healed the sick that he met. And he founded Christianity. I guess we should think like him.

If you think God likes this kind of vulture capitalism whereby the 1% can buy the whole world, remember what Christ said about the rich. "It'll be easier for the camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to make heaven" grin

Christ grew in a poor neighborhood. In a carpenters home, with many siblings. He understood poverty from a human point of view. And I guess he understood the concomitants of poverty. Think about it, he spent his adult life confronting the bourgeois of his day. And physically fought those who brought capitalism into the temple ( compare to 21 century Pentecostal churches) .

So dear montelik, not to debate with you sha, but I remain of the opinion that Christ was a big time socialist. And if we follow biblical info, there'll be neither democracy nor capitalism in heaven. But there'll be classical theological socialism under celestial benevolent intelligent and wise dictatorship. cool

I case my rest rest my case
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by montelik(m): 8:14am On Sep 24, 2012
pres I know better than to argue with you. it would be like boiling a stone. lol

I just wanted to show that the bible has numerous instances that lean to one ideological spectrum or another. it comes down to each individuals interpretation.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 11:58am On Sep 24, 2012
montelik: pres I know better than to argue with you. it would be like boiling a stone. lol

I just wanted to show that the bible has numerous instances that lean to one ideological spectrum or another. it comes down to each individuals interpretation.

At least this is one point where we agree cheesy

Lets have fun with the election season and forget the debates cool
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
montelik: pres I know better than to argue with you. it would be like boiling a stone.

I didn't see this. Boiling stone!!! shocked shocked grin grin
The feeling is the same cheesy

Pres-Elect: the red hot-headed unrepentant liberal cool
Love me or leave me !

But I love you all wink. Liberals don't hate.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2012
A-40:

Offtopic!

Iya have u abandoned Tom Brady already?? Lol no be so oh undecided I thought u had left this joint!! Season don start na
Honest to goodness and back to honest - I was just thinking about YOU last week kiss my dude, how body now? hope the paper has been stacking like no mans bizniz. Ejo no mind me jare...I was on some kind of sabbatical from sports...you've given me good reason to end it lol. Our thread still dey? make I go see...
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
Kay-Dee:
[size=10pt][font=Lucida Calligraphy] @JeS, Its not about Romney specifically and his glorious gaffes grin ; whether it is Newt or Santorum, the repubs are all the same. Whatever Mitt says or does is to a large extent, indicative of the party's ideology and plans as a whole (Let the rich get richer while the poor stays poor).
Common now Kay, you know this is not true.

So the issue you have with Obama and the Dems is that of welfare? I don't support 100% free-loading by full-time freeloaders (ie: people who sit back, relax and wait for the freebies to land on their laps) but there are some hard-working people who genuinely need government help in one form or the other (healthcare, lower tuition or food stamps).
... and that is what annoys me even more. I have seen people in genuine need of help but cannot get it because the system is bogged down with these freeloaders - and the left always seems to want to protect them by lumping them all into one simplistic category of "the poor" - such that when the right criticizes it, they then accuse them of not 'caring about the poor'.

Either way, you can't run from parting with that part of your money because if it's not deducted from your paycheck as payroll tax for welfare or social security, you pay it in income tax (which the repubs plan to raise by the way) to service the deficit while the rich ones get cuts and pay far less. Unless of course, you're part of the 1% (who knows). cheesy
Another one that's not true but lets leave that aside smiley ....I have no problem paying taxes, that is my civic duty. I have a problem paying taxes that goes into subsidizing laziness and perpetual irresponsibility. Chikena.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2012
montelik: pres I know better than to argue with you. it would be like boiling a stone. lol

Infact ehn, 1million gbosas for you.

I was in Ghana earlier this year at Elmina Castle, one of the first slave-trading ports in Africa. All over the castle, there were all kinds scripture carved on the walls, there was even a church right in the middle of the courtyard. As I fumed in my soul, I wondered how those animals could've used the bible to justify their evil. Same as you just stated above - it comes down to individual interpretation.

Jesus was no democrat or liberal, neither was He conservative or republican. He was obviously an Independent cool

....and oh, boiling a stone cheesy puurrfect! lol.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 1:27am On Sep 25, 2012
Jesus is a MEGA socialist cheesy
What d'you think happens in heaven. Big time social engineering cool
Even US Declaration of Independence has an idea . . . ."all men were created equal". This is dancing at the borders of communism grin

Economic brotherhood. That is heaven. And that is socialism with a celestial spice cheesy

I Love my Jesus smiley
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 2:00am On Sep 25, 2012
Meanwhile jesoul, it was your redneck conservative brothers who quoted the bible in defense of slavery. Quoted the bible in the fight against feminism and female rights. The Mormons believed that blacks will only make heaven through slavery grin

But hot headed liberals like Martin Luther and Martin Luther King ( and yours truly cool) thought otherwise.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by A40(m): 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
JeSoul: Honest to goodness and back to honest - I was just thinking about YOU last week kiss my dude, how body now? hope the paper has been stacking like no mans bizniz. Ejo no mind me jare...I was on some kind of sabbatical from sports...you've given me good reason to end it lol. Our thread still dey? make I go see...
Hahaha I thought you had left this zones for good! Maybe the heartache of another loss to the Giants in SB XLVI was too much to take. We just dey push am! Extend my greetings to bros. There's a little NFL thread in the Sports section I'm sure you and Bill Belichick must have a few choice words about this week's officiating grin grin

Politics is not my cup of garri but things aint looking good for Obama. Its not like he has not disappointed (been a bit reckless with spending) but with a largely republican congress it was always going to be a case of fighting with one hand tied to your back. What the run to these elections have shown me thus far however is that Racism can never die it can only multiply! I'm not convinced that Romney with the mess Bush left behind would have done better and even the RepubliKKKans like my friends call em deep down know this at no point in his campaign has he convinced anyone that he can actually do better if elected!
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 4:07am On Sep 27, 2012
The republiKKKans grin know they can't win this election by playing fair, so they are playing dirty. Voter suppression. Check out Pennsylvania, Ohio, Colorado just imagine. They are bent on blocking non white voters AT ALL COST!!

Shamelessly. Even boasting about it openly that it will help them win Pennsylvania. In this day and age.

Perhaps jesoul will agree with the voter suppressions cheesy
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by A40(m): 2:59pm On Sep 27, 2012
The Yanks are still and would continue paying for robbing Al Gore back in 00 just like they did then they want to do all over again. Its hilarious to me sha
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2012
A-40:

Hahaha I thought you had left this zones for good!
lol, I was away for a while tho...I have gist for you when the time & venue is appropriate smiley.

Maybe the heartache of another loss to the Giants in SB XLVI was too much to take.
angry angry angry kai! Infact I'm still upset. Welker will never be able to redeem that drop, never. He didn't get any sympathy from me with the whole contract dispute, infact dem never punish am well self.

We just dey push am!
I trust you, it must be stacking up very well smiley

Extend my greetings to bros.
Its extended oh jare smiley
There's a little NFL thread in the Sports section I'm sure you and Bill Belichick must have a few choice words about this week's officiating grin grin
Lol. I looked, I no see am, lemme look again... and as of this morning the refs are back, but the damage has been done. Officiating will be an issue the rest of the season.

Politics is not my cup of garri but things aint looking good for Obama. Its not like he has not disappointed (been a bit reckless with spending) but with a largely republican congress it was always going to be a case of fighting with one hand tied to your back. What the run to these elections have shown me thus far however is that Racism can never die it can only multiply! I'm not convinced that Romney with the mess Bush left behind would have done better and even the RepubliKKKans like my friends call em deep down know this at no point in his campaign has he convinced anyone that he can actually do better if elected!
Well, he will be re-elected not because he deserves a 2nd term,, but because he's running against a weak opponent who can't even inspire members of his own party to rally up for him.

#2 of your paragraph...ahn ahn not true now. Obama had a supermajority in congress & a majority in the lower house during the first 2 years - he could've even passed a marijuana reform if he wanted. Besides, the excuse of "the republicans didn't let me" is not good enough for a commander in chief who's supposed to command respect & demand results and find a way to get things done & who ran on a platform of 'bringing the country together'...

running a diverse country like the USA no be beans, and he chose to run for the job along with all the complexities & challenges. We must demand results! not excuses. Excuses are for wussies like my good friend here Pres-elect smiley
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
As for Pres-elect, like Montelik me sef I don't want to boil stone cheesy ...your replies are what they are - liberal talking points & catch phrases that are ill-thought out and don't stand up to scrutiny - full of hot air & not much else. But since you don't want a 'debate' make I leave you to drink your palm-wine kool-aid.

^you know I still love you sha lol.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by A40(m): 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2012
JeSoul: lol, I was away for a while tho...I have gist for you when the time & venue is appropriate smiley.
Lol me sef got bored for a bit! But what I do these days is web-centric so I kinda can't stay away. What is the gist?? Haha ok I'm all ears.

JeSoul:
angry angry angry kai! Infact I'm still upset. Welker will never be able to redeem that drop, never. He didn't get any sympathy from me with the whole contract dispute, infact dem never punish am well self.
Mrs Brady's reaction was grin grin you know u phucked up really bad when a supermodel is actually concerned about a football game

JeSoul:
I trust you, it must be stacking up very well smiley
Its the motivation

JeSoul:
Its extended oh jare smiley
Namaste

JeSoul:
Well, he will be re-elected not because he deserves a 2nd term,, but because he's running against a weak opponent who can't even inspire members of his own party to rally up for him.
When last has anything good come from the RepubliKKKans??
I won't come here and tell you Obama has been a massive success not by a long shot but let's not forget who created this mess in the first place. If you look at what Clinton left behind and the trainwreck Bush left behind in tow you would know it would take more than one term to fix the problems?? The worst and annoying part is everyone knows Romney is not an upgrade on Obama and are just playing the race card

JeSoul:
#2 of your paragraph...ahn ahn not true now. Obama had a supermajority in congress & a majority in the lower house during the first 2 years - he could've even passed a marijuana reform if he wanted. Besides, the excuse of "the republicans didn't let me" is not good enough for a commander in chief who's supposed to command respect & demand results and find a way to get things done & who ran on a platform of 'bringing the country together'...
Lol what of the next two years? In my opinion Barry started well though things have subsequently gone south. I think you are grossly underestimating how a polarized congress and lower house can influence a President's role

JeSoul:
running a diverse country like the USA no be beans, and he chose to run for the job along with all the complexities & challenges. We must demand results! not excuses. Excuses are for wussies like my good friend here Pres-elect smiley
What would you score Pres Obama?
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2012
Jesoul, grin me ? Wussie!! cheesy. Na so bad belle reach grin

Anyway, unfortunately everyone is too busy. Otherwise we woulda spent time to do real debate on policy. Not to convince each other( practically impossible) but to know who is more hot air than substance.

What is it that Obama did that you hate?
1. Health reform?
To help prevent over 40,000 annual deaths from people who may have been saved if they had health insurance? To stop the excesses of insurance companies who are fund of finding ways to deny aid to even those who have health insurance. To stop insurance companies from denying services to people with "pre-existing conditions" . Etc

2. Stimulus?
Which Bush also did, and madam Sarah I-can-see-Russia-from-my-window Palin agreed with. grin then Obama did his own, stimulus helped stop the terrible job losses. I may be no economist( dunno if you are) but in 2008, we saw a crisis. Obama received a crisis. Half a million jobs lost weekly(?). Today people are ANGRY that enough jobs ain't being CREATED( remember where we were in 08.

That brings us to the question of we're you better off now than 2008? Lol. Even mr Romney and co have stopped asking that question.

Which other Obama policy are you upset about?

His foreign policy?
Withdrawing from Iraq? Taking out bin laden? Winding down in Afghanistan? Not letting Israel bully America into another war with Iran ( an inevitable war which a republican president with eventually wage) taking out gadhafi? Which part of his foreign policy d'you hate?

Immigration?
Dream act which your republicans have blocked in the senate? Granting some legitimacy to children of illegal immigrants? Even your Rick perry supports that and said those who are against it do not have a heart( he didn't know the republican primary voters don't have a heart grin
Even bush supports it.

Today's GOP, even Reagan won't win a primary. They are so extremist that the only way they can win elections is by voter suppression of their opponents supporters.

A democratic disgrace.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2012
A-40:

Lol me sef got bored for a bit! But what I do these days is web-centric so I kinda can't stay away. What is the gist?? Haha ok I'm all ears.
I think I have your email from that our superbowl live chat once...pls remind me or never mind, I'll simply email you thru NL. Unfortunately NL2 has stripped posters of some of the privacies we had.

Mrs Brady's reaction was grin grin you know u phucked up really bad when a supermodel is actually concerned about a football game
Haha cheesy it was classic and she was damn right.

When last has anything good come from the RepubliKKKans??
Tea? cheesy
You have to first define what you mean by "good" sir.

I won't come here and tell you Obama has been a massive success not by a long shot but let's not forget who created this mess in the first place. If you look at what Clinton left behind and the trainwreck Bush left behind in tow you would know it would take more than one term to fix the problems?? The worst and annoying part is everyone knows Romney is not an upgrade on Obama and are just playing the race card
As I remarked to Prez earlier, comparing Bush to Obama is like comparing a rotten apple to a slightly less rotten apple. True Bush left a mess behind, but Obama is not cleaning up after him, he's acting like its friday and he just got paid, racking up the deficit with such wanton disregard. Even Hilary admitted that our huge debt reaches far beyond just economics, it affects national security putting the US at a disadvantage as its such a huge chip on the global table of negotiations.

I'm reminded of this hilarious video Montelik posted a while back that aptly summarizes my concerns:
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRmZ9zH-mYM?version=3&hl=en_US" type="[/flash]

Lol what of the next two years? In my opinion Barry started well though things have subsequently gone south. I think you are grossly underestimating how a polarized congress and lower house can influence a President's role
...Forryboy, a presidents job is a tough one - but he chose to run for it. Again, Obama had a majority for 2 good years and could've done anything he wanted but he could not even get his own party together. Being the leader of the free world means you're not an average joe, we expect a very very high standard from you. Especially when you ran on a platform of bringing change - not getting in there and complaining about how difficult it is.

What would you score Pres Obama?
Well, he recently graded himself an "Incomplete"...I'll afford him the same. But on leadership, domestic & foreign, I give him a solid "S" for sad.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 2:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
pres-elect:
Jesoul, grin me ? Wussie!! cheesy. Na so bad belle reach grin

Anyway, unfortunately everyone is too busy. Otherwise we woulda spent time to do real debate on policy. Not to convince each other( practically impossible) but to know who is more hot air than substance.
How can I have bad belle for you? Liberals in general always look for the easy way out - govt to solve all the worlds problems, instead of demanding people take responsibility for their own actions.

What is it that Obama did that you hate?
Hate is a strong word. I don't hate Obama, on the contrary I like his person.

1. Health reform?
To help prevent over 40,000 annual deaths from people who may have been saved if they had health insurance? To stop the excesses of insurance companies who are fund of finding ways to deny aid to even those who have health insurance. To stop insurance companies from denying services to people with "pre-existing conditions" . Etc
Reform? lol. Numbers were released just few days ago in my state, premiums are expected to go up once again next year. I applaud the effort to try to change a very broken system, but using a spanner to fix a light bulb... I said to you earlier and gave you the link to a nice article (on CNN before you claim bias) to brush up on problems with healthcare, simply throwing more money at a situation is NOT going to solve the problem.

2. Stimulus?
Which Bush also did, and madam Sarah I-can-see-Russia-from-my-window Palin agreed with. grin then Obama did his own, stimulus helped stop the terrible job losses. I may be no economist( dunno if you are) but in 2008, we saw a crisis. Obama received a crisis. Half a million jobs lost weekly(?). Today people are ANGRY that enough jobs ain't being CREATED( remember where we were in 08.
Again, I'm not a Bush fan so continuing to invoke his name and proffer Obama as a much better alternative does not cut it. Unless you're God with knowledge of what may have been nobody knows what would've truly happened if the stimulus had not been passed. At the time there were plenty of alternative suggestions from all sides of the aisle...

We've had this stimulus talk before, no need to tussle again smiley https://www.nairaland.com/559737/obama-weak-chicken/4#7397201

That brings us to the question of we're you better off now than 2008? Lol. Even mr Romney and co have stopped asking that question.
Since you didn't read that post, I won't repeat the answer I gave you there tongue

His foreign policy?
Withdrawing from Iraq? Taking out bin laden? Winding down in Afghanistan? Not letting Israel bully America into another war with Iran ( an inevitable war which a republican president with eventually wage) taking out gadhafi? Which part of his foreign policy d'you hate?
I'm against any new wars & for ending all the current ones - is that clear enough? Obama is WEAK in regards to leadership & foreign affairs. It takes him days to respond to credible issues that upset americans but seconds to rush to appease the bruised egos of intolerant anti-america muslims. And when he replies, it is weak and inspires no fear or respect. Didn't you title your thread "Obama is a weak chiken"? cheesy

Immigration?
Dream act which your republicans have blocked in the senate? Granting some legitimacy to children of illegal immigrants? Even your Rick perry supports that and said those who are against it do not have a heart( he didn't know the republican primary voters don't have a heart grin
Even bush supports it.
Don't assume a position for me, rather ask. I'm on record in this forum as supporting the Dream act.

Today's GOP, even Reagan won't win a primary.
Very untrue. The same GOP that doesn't like Romney?

They are so extremist that the only way they can win elections is by voter suppression of their opponents supporters.
Again, you've fallen to liberal sentiment devoid of fact...each side tries to maximise their base turnout - asking people to simply show ID before they vote is now "voter suppression"? you show ID to get into a club, to buy alcohol, to do pretty much anything... how much more to vote in serious matters or national importance? is that unreasonable to you?

Hot air jor...grin grin grin
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2012
So your take on the economic crisis thingy is the Hoover approach? Do nothing? grin
How did that work our for Hoover? cheesy

Okay you support the dream act. Good. wink

Uh-uh, you are against new wars!!! shocked

Not a Bush fan shocked shocked uhm, which party did you say you belong to? grin

Obama doesn't show leadership? Ok o. I've seen leadership in MITT Romney grin grin a dude who changes positions as often as he speaks grin
Leadership ko leadership ni. Abegi!

Foreign diplomacy no be gara gara. Mr Bush swagger didn't achieve him anything but thousands of young American lives lost in reckless wars. This na people children/husbands etc. you think by shouting you can intimidate foreign countries? Think again.

I'm not even sure you're a republican. Supporting immigration dream act, against war, no Bush fan, you're more like a blue dog democrat. Just like toshman who supports health reform and yet claims GOP! grin
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by JeSoul(f): 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2012
pres-elect:
So your take on the economic crisis thingy is the Hoover approach? Do nothing? grin
How did that work our for Hoover? cheesy
commot dia jor...did I say do nothing? you no remember the thread link I posted? you have the memory of a mosquito cheesy

Okay you support the dream act. Good. wink
Yes, with some modifications cool

Uh-uh, you are against new wars!!! shocked
Strongly so. All this talk of invading Iran, not liking at all.

Not a Bush fan shocked shocked uhm, which party did you say you belong to? grin
I've never said which party I belong to, you assumed since I don't drink the kool-aid I must be republican. Anyways, I'm a registered & proud Independent.

Obama doesn't show leadership? Ok o. I've seen leadership in MITT Romney grin grin a dude who changes positions as often as he speaks grin
Leadership ko leadership ni. Abegi!
Go siddon...I don tell you several times now, stop comparing a rotten apple to a slightly less rotten apple - both of them scored woefully under leadership - Obama moreso. At least Romney (and to his credit) was governor of quite possibly the most democratic state in the country- that is a very tough thing to accomplish and he found ways to work with Democrats who make up the vast majority of our legislatures.

Foreign diplomacy no be gara gara. Mr Bush swagger didn't achieve him anything but thousands of young American lives lost in reckless wars. This na people children/husbands etc. you think by shouting you can intimidate foreign countries? Think again.
No be gra-gra at all, but we would like to see some cohones at least once a year. It requires finess- at times you approach with a scalpel, other times a sledgehammer, Obama seems to only have one note- complacency.

I'm not even sure you're a republican. Supporting immigration dream act, against war, no Bush fan, you're more like a blue dog democrat. Just like toshman who supports health reform and yet claims GOP! grin
I don't think I can ever be described as a Democrat whether blue abi pink, I do not hold that core belief of "more govt solves all" and I certainly hold no animosity towards "the rich" which seems to be the most recent chorus of the party.
Re: Tampa Vs Charlotte by preselect(m): 5:14pm On Sep 28, 2012
JeSoul: commot dia jor...did I say do nothing? you no remember the thread link I posted? you have the memory of a mosquito cheesy
I am determined not to read the link. I hate copy and paste. Give me something from your brain. In simple words, tell me, what shoulda been done. Your opinion. No de compare me with mosquito o angry after you say u love me "sha" grin this kind gOP love de fear me. Mosquito love abi real love.

Yes, with some modifications cool
indeed. You think in a fragmented place like Washington you can get the perfect bill you want? Naive.

Strongly so. All this talk of invading Iran, not liking at all.

Wow!!! Now can you tell your leadership Romney to tell his friends in the hawkish party to stop beating up drums of war? Especially is biggest fan in Israel, Bibi Netanyahu. Can he? My leadership. I'm so glad Obama just ignore them with style.

I've never said which party I belong to, you assumed since I don't drink the kool-aid I must be republican. Anyways, I'm a registered & proud Independent.
You voted for mccain, voted senator brown, will vote for romney . . . this kind independent. independent bill oreilly style . Hmmmm. lipsrsealed

Go siddon...I don tell you several times now, stop comparing a rotten apple to a slightly less rotten apple - both of them scored woefully under leadership - Obama moreso. At least Romney (and to his credit) was governor of quite possibly the most democratic state in the country- that is a very tough thing to accomplish and he found ways to work with Democrats who make up the vast majority of our legislatures.
shocked shocked shocked you no like bush, you no like Obama, pres-elect, you no like jesus, you no like Romney too. Who are you sef? What d'you want? grin

No be gra-gra at all, but we would like to see some cohones at least once a year. It requires finess- at times you approach with a scalpel, other times a sledgehammer, Obama seems to only have one note- complacency.
Tell that to Osama bin laden. Tell that to gadaffi, tell that to the top al-Qaeda leadership that has been decimated in the past 3 yrs. tell that to the Somali pyrates.
I repeat, fOREIGN DIPLOMACY NO BE GRA-GRA fOR MOUTH.

I don't think I can ever be described as a Democrat whether blue abi pink, I do not hold that core belief of "more govt solves all" and I certainly hold no animosity towards "the rich" which seems to be the most recent chorus of the party.
You believe liberal are all about govt right? Well I gotta tell ya, liberals are for efficient governance. It's not about size but efficacy.
Liberals don't begrudge the rich, we loath vulture capitalism. And If we worship the same God you'll agree with me that Christ loathed the vulture capitalists of his day. He hardly had any kind word for them. Remember how he explained thier chances of making heaven? Camel passing thru the needle has a better chance. See? I understand people trying o be mega rich, but I fail to understand when they do so at the expense of others. But I'm guessing this will be a nice topi for another thread.

Finally, thank you for spending my limited time. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Terror Threat In Africa Is Worrying - US General / About Growing Afro-chinese Economic Relations / This Is What Will Happen If Every Nuclear Bomb On The Planet Go Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 212
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.