Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,531 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc (3527 Views)

OLAADEGBU, You Are Soiling DEEPER LIFE Reputation With Manipulation! / The Destruction Of Creationists (olaadegbu, Brainpulse And Bigd4050) / Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
@sweetnecta, you're still here? Let me explain something to u. Both books were written in different generations, the first one state things the way they are and the next one tries to copy part of the initial one to gain relevance; that's my opinion. Using passages from the first to defend that the other book is relevant or genuine in this case doesn't sound logical
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 1:41am On Sep 15, 2012
@Bella3:
by Bélla3(f): 9:18pm On Sep 13
Ya Ubangiji.
Obviously english isnt ur 1st or 2nd language. Let me rephrase my statement
I agree, though it is the language i almost exclusively dream in.

Jesus WAS the current comforter at the time of the disciple, when he was about to depart he promised them another comforter that wil abide forever. The first contact with the other comforter was at the Upper room were they were filled with the Holy spirit. An were given al they needed boldnes, courage, understanding, comfort etc. THE COMFORTER IS STILL DOING THAT TILL TODAY.
Show me boldness, courage, understanding comfort, etc in the verses that outline the ROLE of the Another comforter to the disciples? Before I go further, if the verses are correct, the contact of the another comforter should be beginning and ending with the disciples. The disciples were to hear from the another comforter who will only speak what he heard God speak to him. So what did God tell the another comforter which he would have to repeat to the disciples? Show me boldness, courage, understanding, comfort in it, instead of correction because they are in error? Is there any way anything is corrected unless it is assumed that there is some sort of error, at the time the correction will be made? Tell me what is the error that the disciples already fell into so soon after Jesus left? the details of the correction please? Below is the set of duties or what the another comforter was to do with the disciples. Perchance, you maybe able to fish out courage from the list:

John 16:12-15
12 "I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

Hmm.. Ya Ubanangiji raba ni da irin wawancin nan
This is hausa? i dont speak hausa. sorry.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 1:57am On Sep 15, 2012
@iv4fb:
by iv4fb: 11:04pm On Sep 14
@sweetnecta, you're still here? Let me explain something to u. Both books were written in different generations, the first one state things the way they are and the next one tries to copy part of the initial one to gain relevance; [b[that's my opinion.[/b] Using passages from the first to defend that the other book is relevant or genuine in this case doesn't sound logical
No one will think your opinion is worth the effort of single stroke on the keyboard if you can not show us the portion copied by the next from the first? And when you provide evidence, please remember that the Quran said the body of pharaoh was recovered so that future generations of people will see it, while the Bibles do not say this. Please do remember that Jesus said a speaking comforter to man, while your Bible is saying it is the holy spirit. We know that the holy spirit does not have a body so he does not have a mouth to speak to man with. When angels talk to man unless as in revelation, angels will take the form of man. The angel wrestling with Jacob is an example. When angel appeared to marry is another example. If the spirit of God is to talk to man, if we are to use the Bible to serve our position here, when Jesus was being baptized, the voice was heard, telling man in word and language that man understands. Why is your another comforter not following either process; become a man or as a shape of a dove, where in both cases man heard him speak in way that what he said was recognizable and recorded?
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 15, 2012
Mr sweetnecta, I really don't like arguing with u, for apart from the fact that your points are usually illogical, you start with insults when you're frustrated. If indeed you take things easy and think thru, why will Jesus promise to send mohammed? Does that make sense? Maybe he probably sent him to u and ur folks. Saying the Holyspirit is a spirit, sure He is, or don't u know that God is spirit too? Sometimes you talk like a teenager, whether pharoah's body was recover or not, is that important? Do u even know which pharaoh's body was recovered? I really don't know if you're trying to impress somebody with ur points.

You see, that's why there is no and there'll never be peace on earth. Islam and christianity are separate and parallel, they don't serve the same god/God-whichever one u choose! Using christianity to defend islam is folly for why will the Bible existing hundreds of years defend the Quaran that came much later? A father don't look like his child, rather his child looks like his father!

Maybe u don't know that Islam came to being coz of the supposed oppressions of christianity. Look pal, both religions are not perfect, they have their flaws and issues, claiming urs is perfect is the exact cause of issues on earth-its a religion of peace and 'they' commit the most havoc. Almost all crime associated with religion are perpetrated by the muslims. Christianity also have lots of issued, different variance, different beliefs, even some diabolical folks are associated with it.

All I want u to do is to serve ur god/God in truth and spirit, don't use another religion to defend urs (that's folly), u even believe part of the Bible right? I don't and never will believe any word of the Quaran and I have my reasons,from sexuality of her prophet to supporting violence, killings in the name of her god/God and that's why I'll never read or believe anything it says-while ur reasons for reading the bible is to look for points to defend ur ways. If u need another religion to brighten ur religious ways, then you're lost (no offense intended).

Honestly, the way you keep going tooth and nail to defend ur religion, I don't think you're evern sure of your religion, may God help you-only Him can!
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 3:02am On Sep 16, 2012
@iv4fb:
by iv4fb: 11:49pm
Mr sweetnecta, I really don't like arguing with u, for apart from the fact that your points are usually illogical, you start with insults when you're frustrated.
How did you arrive at me being illogical and please point out my insulting you? Your sin is too thin so i am sorry if you are offended, but i will like to see how i insulted you, while i ignored the wrong opinion of bella3 telling me who dreams in english does not have this very language as my 2nd or even my 3rd language and definitely not my 1st. she started writing in hausa, a language i have no clue of [lol. the girl na some woman].

If indeed you take things easy and think thru, why will Jesus promise to send mohammed? Does that make sense? Maybe he probably sent him to u and ur folks. Saying the Holyspirit is a spirit, sure He is, or don't u know that God is spirit too? Sometimes you talk like a teenager. I really don't know if you're trying to impress somebody with ur points.
i am a teenager in my head, so that settles it and we can now move to the meat of the meat of the thread.

Jesus said God will send the another comforter. This shows that there must have been at least one comforter before the another comforter will come. To know what the another comforter will look like, we have to know what the comforter before him looked like. If this comforter before the another is human, we can not rule out human to be another comforter. If you rule out the possibility that he will be human, then you have to give convincing evidence and no christian has done that here or anywhere for that matter.

we have to consider the nature the audience of the first comforter and how he communicated with it to determine how the another comforter may probably communicate. I know that you have not claimed at angel was a comforter, but angels have spoken to humans, in form of human. Nowhere an angel spoke to anyone in the Bible other than taking the shape of man and it is always in audible voice. If the audience of any earlier comforter was human, we can see that he must have spoken to them in audible voice and we expect consistency in the speech of the another comforter to man, unless you can prove otherwise. After all, this another comforter was to hear from God, indicating that he is not God.

how he hears God is not an issue, but how he speaks to man is. the compounding issue is how an hears. ears, God created for man to hear. in every point i have made, man has to be considered as possible another comforter. no man has ever heard speech with any other organ except his ears. When God was reported to have sent His spirit in a dove lie shape, they said they heard voice coming far away heaven and even seeing the heaven opens up, an impossible feat, if it happens, a great miracle indeed because of the normal range of human sight.

Muhammad [sa] is a human prophet and only human prophets [as] were sent to human listeners. This is why we can not rule out Muhammad [sa] out being the only prophet of God sent. Just because he was not a jew is not an excuse to exclude him. And just because there is a 610 years gap between them is not an excuse because we are still expecting Jesus who said he will come immediately some 2000 years ago. immediately in the lifetime of those people, people already dead now, will be false. except that we all accept that those people Jesus will come in their lifetime will be believers, but their population will be small compared to the general population of people when it does happen. If Jesus is not found at fault on his return even now, then 610 years is just the right time for a correcting comforter who only speaks in the Name of God.

You see, that's why there is no and there'll never be peace on earth.
you are playing God here and you are completely wrong. I expect peace to reign on earth because it had reigned, before.

Islam and christianity are separate and parallel,
judaism is even more parallel to christianity. i do hope you know there are other ways or religions on earth?

they don't serve the same god/God-whichever one u choose!
am not against your opinion here.

Using christianity to defend islam is folly for why will the Bible existing hundreds of years defend the Quaran that came much later?
educated people should not assume that earlier data should be better than latest or newest data. Torah of jews you as a christian see Jesus in it. You did not know that it was earlier than new testament and how come you can find Jesus in it? The case of Quran is better than both. Allah says Jesus said to his people that he was sent to reconfirm Torah and inform them of a future messenger whose name is Ahmad [sa]. If you dont get it, it is a loss cause.

A father don't look like his child, rather his child looks like his father!
A real child that resembles the real father. But a fake father has no quality that true son of a true father will take. I hope you remember this when you are finding Torah to support New Testament.

Maybe u don't know that Islam came to being coz of the supposed oppressions of christianity. Look pal, both religions are not perfect, they have their flaws and issues, claiming urs is perfect is the exact cause of issues on earth-its a religion of peace and 'they' commit the most havoc. Almost all crime associated with religion are perpetrated by the muslims. Christianity also have lots of issued, different variance, different beliefs, even some diabolical folks are associated with it.
Islam is perfect and I will prove it to you. I have waited without any intelligible answer on the very simple question of this thread. If the muslims were to be asked about Islam, i bet you would have had a straightforward answer, right away.

a friend out of D. C. called yesterday talking about Aisha [ra] and the messenger [sa]. In our conversation he thought there was a character flaw in the marriage. I asked him if it was his own opinion or has a good reason behind it. The best of Judge is God and He did not choose a deficient personality to bestow revelation. By the time I was finished with this friend, we agreed that I should come to D. C. to talk with a strong pastor about religion. My plan is to tell them that if they find Islam convincing, they must come to it. I will let them choose the topic and set the tone of the conversation.

Just maybe a whole church will revert to Islam. I pray it is the case.

All I want u to do is to serve ur god/God in truth and spirit, don't use another religion to defend urs (that's folly), u even believe part of the Bible right? I don't and never will believe any word of the Quaran and I have my reasons,from sexuality of her prophet to supporting violence, killings in the name of her god/God and that's why I'll never read or believe anything it says-while ur reasons for reading the bible is to look for points to defend ur ways.
the 1st and last bold betray your sincerity to learning. even if truth is in what you will not read because of your arrogance, you will continue to hold on to lies. thats not a sign of enlightenment.

as to the 2nd bold, you may read the Quran and realize that sexuality of Muhammad [sa] at least parallel those of Abraham the father of faith and Friend of God, Jacob who is the father of children of Israel, Solomon the wise, and if you complain about any young wife, you will find that Adam was the husband of Eve the same day that she was alive, and at least as matured as Mary was when Holy Spirit of the Bible got her pregnant. Your violence in Islam is Islamic defense attitude, except that you would have preferred the prophet [sa] and the muslims [ra] with him turned the other cheek to those who are ready to kill wit the first blow.

If u need another religion to brighten ur religious ways, then you're lost (no offense intended).
None taken because I simply asked a simple question which had became an impossible to answer for you. How can I be eager to need a non answer to brighten my religious ways?

Honestly, the way you keep going tooth and nail to defend ur religion, I don't think you're evern sure of your religion, may God help you-only Him can!
Amin to the bold. You will actually know that you are wrong about me and Islam if i were to be in front of you. Islam and me are perfect together.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Ubenedictus(m): 3:21am On Sep 16, 2012
obadiah777: THE COMFORTER IS THE WORDS OF GOD. THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST. THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST MAKES YOU ALIVE ( JOHN 6 VS 63 ). THE COMFORTER IS THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE. THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE IS THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST. THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE IS CHRIST ( REVELATION 19 VS 13 ). THE COMFORTER IS THE BIBLE.
are u freking kidding me?
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 12:50pm On Sep 16, 2012
@obadiah777 and Ubenedictus:
by Ubenedictus(m): 3:21am

obadiah777: THE COMFORTER IS THE WORDS OF GOD. THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST. THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST MAKES YOU ALIVE ( JOHN 6 VS 63 ). THE COMFORTER IS THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE. THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE IS THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST. THE WORDS IN THE BIBLE IS CHRIST ( REVELATION 19 VS 13 ). THE COMFORTER IS THE BIBLE.
John 6 verse 63: New Living Translation (©2007)
The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

revelations 19 verse 13: New Living Translation (©2007)
He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God.

if the 2 verses above support your argument that the Bible is the word of God and spirit of Jesus are the same, and that spirit of Jesus is the another comforter, please read the below and see how corrupt is your opinion of "word of God", which is full of opinions of men.

1 corinthians 7 verse 25; New Living Translation (©2007)
Now regarding your question about the young women who are not yet married. I do not have a command from the Lord for them. But the Lord in his mercy has given me wisdom that can be trusted, and I will share it with you.

1 corinthians 4 verse 3: New Living Translation (©2007)
As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority. I don't even trust my own judgment on this point.

2 Timothy 4 verse 13: New Living Translation (©2007)
When you come, be sure to bring the coat I left with Carpus at Troas. Also bring my books, and especially my papers

Galatians 2:11-13

New Living Translation (NLT)
Paul Confronts Peter the rock of the church of Jesus.

11 But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong. 12 When he first arrived, he ate with the Gentile Christians, who were not circumcised. But afterward, when some friends of James came, Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore. He was afraid of criticism from these people who insisted on the necessity of circumcision. 13 As a result, other Jewish Christians followed Peter’s hypocrisy, and even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.
Please tell me if Paul was correct to think little of Peter or it was Jesus who was correct to think so highly of Peter? I think the spirit of Jesus which is the Bible as another comforter is going between corruption and maybe truth in the functions it was meant for in the lives of the disciples; to correct them of mistakes, teach them new things, lead them all truth, reminded the of what Jesus said, take from what is Jesus and show them, convict the world of the children of Israel of sins, glorify Jesus, all of these after the spirit have heard from God. But almost all the Bible, all the old testament and 90% of the Gospel was already revealed before Jesus made that statement. 100% of the Gospel which was about Jesus was already revealed before Jesus was raise up by his Lord. If this is the case, how is the Bible the another comforter that was to come in the future?

You have a whole lot of explanations on this matter and while you are at it, tackle this quote as part of the spirit of Jesus which is another comforter according to you. what significance is there in this truncated verse, having no true beginning or definite ending, and lacking spiritual value?

Matthew 27 verse 52: and tombs opened. The bodies of many godly men and women who had died were raised from the dead.

@Udenedictus:
are u freking kidding me?
abeg tell me who the another comforter is ol' chap, capable of hearing from God, and then speaking what he hears from God to men. How did he deliver his "speak to man" to man and how did man hear his "speaking to them"?
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Ubenedictus(m): 2:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sweetnecta:
@Udenedictus: abeg tell me who the another comforter is ol' chap,
i cant seem to find the word "another comforter" in my bible, pls can u show me d passage where u got those words
capable of hearing from God, and then speaking what he hears from God to men. How did he deliver his "speak to man" to man and how did man hear his "speaking to them"?
act2 show how d spirit speaks thru man, he speaks to man's heart, he speaks thru dreams, visions and in d core of our being, he grants man utterance, act 15:28 show how d spirit guides the church. The scriptures makes it clear that the comforter is the holy spirit.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2012
@sweetnecta, so jesus sent mohammed? Interesting. And Islam is perfect? With the terrorism that even you condemn? Damn! Maybe you don't even listen to urself, u just spill as it flows. If islam were perfect, why fight for your god/God? Coz you hold him sacred? so kill all his other creatures. Ok, islam is perfect, the Bible said Jesus sent mohammed- are u happy now? Well, if that's what islam teaches you, of how perfect it is, how to kill the non-muslim, how to be violent, how to conceal the truth-defend lies, then let ur mohammed comfort u with 70 virgins in aljana!

You're comparing your prophet with Adam, Abraham and Solomon? For real? Can't you compare him with Jesus-the one that has no sin. Why defend his sexual activities, if it be right or wrong, judge! And if your judgment are right, no offense would have been made. I'm not saying u r not perfect in islam, even the devil is perfect in hell(a pun)!

If you will be logical and rational, I won't mind explaining things to you for they are mystery. I am a christian and I have/read and obey the Bible so do u with your Quaran, if you feel like reading the Bible and get confused, ask questions with open mind. I for instance won't bother reading your quoran, I'm comfortable with what I have and I believe in the completeness of the Bible, u can use the Bible to defend ur Quoran, u can even say junk about the Bible, we're peaceful people, we will leave u to urself and we won't even bother doing anything to your Quoran, we have a better Book. So if you wanna learn, ask with open mind, Otherwise, stick to your believes, use the Bible to defend ur quoran, stop asking question you have carved answers for.

Fyi, I'm done with this. So my conclusion is Fear God and keep His commandments-whichever god/God you serve
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2012
@Ubenedictus:
by Ubenedictus(m): 2:10pm

Sweetnecta:
@Udenedictus: abeg tell me who the another comforter is ol' chap,

i cant seem to find the word "another comforter" in my bible, pls can u show me d passage where u got those words
You should have goggled it. Never mind/ Here is it from this muslim to you christian man: John 14 verse 16
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you.
You guys may actually have incomplete Bibles. You are the 2nd person to ask me for this.

capable of hearing from God, and then speaking what he hears from God to men. How did he deliver his "speak to man" to man and how did man hear his "speaking to them"?

act2 show how d spirit speaks thru man, he speaks to man's heart, he speaks thru dreams, visions and in d core of our being, he grants man utterance, act 15:28 show how d spirit guides the church. The scriptures makes it clear that the comforter is the holy spirit.
read the roe of the another comforter. None of the things in your list is part of what he was to do with the disciples. How did God speak with the another comforter? We may not know, but we know that God spoke to many and in most cases they audiences heard The Very Voice of God, Aloud. Moses is one. Before that Adam. Even many of ordinary people heard the Voice of God Loud and Clear if we have to believe the Bibles on the matter of Baptism of Jesus. Jews dont practice baptism. But thats another matter. How could God have spoken to these many people, and His last speech to His Another comforter, we may say God did not use voice? Even if that is an argument, we know man hears with ears not with hearts. We will expect The another comforter to talk to man about what God sent him to tell man in a sounding loud voice. Read from your Bibles what the another comforter was to do, including praising Jesus. That at least he must do with Audible voice. You can ignore the correcting of mistakes assumed to be the norm. How dull can the disciples be to fall into mistakes so soon that the another comforter must come to correct them? It is just too soon for the best students of the master to fall into an error. List their errors for me, if you know any to support the opinion that they were corrected?

@iv4fb:
by iv4fb: 5:05pm
@sweetnecta, so jesus sent mohammed? Interesting.
No. Jesus didnt send Muhammad [sa]. You didnt read anything like that from me. From the Bible, it is not clear what Jesus did wit anything, including creation and the appearance of the Another comforter. The Bible fluctuates between Jesus and God and in places where no one can work the name of Jesus in, there is deafening silence. God was to send the another comforter. God sent Jesus as we know. Jesus never sent anything and those who followed him were given to hi by God is evidence of God ability over Jesus inability. It is not surprising that we will find God capable of sending anyone, man or angel. Man prophet are sent to men community to make believers of them. Angels are normally sent to human prophets to support the or deliver messages so that they deliver them to men. Many was not a prophet had angel appeared to her as a full man.

And Islam is perfect?
Yes. But Muslims are not. they seek repentance and pray for guidance, always.

With the terrorism that even you condemn?
Muslims commit terrorism if this is your argument, against Islam. Islam is different from muslims. Islam is religion while muslims are people who say they are practicing the religion of Islam. You will measure a good muslim by how close to the truth of Islam he/she is.

Damn! Maybe you don't even listen to urself, u just spill as it flows. If islam were perfect, why fight for your god/God?
Moses was a perfect prophet so much that God spoke to him throughout. God did not even allow man to know where he was buried. You even believe that God alloed Mose to see part of Him. Yet God commanded Moses to fight disbelief and disbelievers, even to wipe them out in towns and cities. God does not change.

Coz you hold him sacred? so kill all his other creatures. Ok, islam is perfect, the Bible said Jesus sent mohammed- are u happy now?
This is not a win or lose contest. The truth is said.

Well, if that's what islam teaches you, of how perfect it is, how to kill the non-muslim, how to be violent, how to conceal the truth-defend lies, then let ur mohammed comfort u with 70 virgins in aljana!
if i have 1 virgin on earth I will be happy to have what I get in Paradise. I wonder what truth i am concealing or the lies I am defending? There must be shame, so expose me or you have accused without any proof?

If you will be logical and rational, I won't mind explaining things to you for they are mystery. I am a christian and I have/read and obey the Bible so do u with your Quaran, if you feel like reading the Bible and get confused, ask questions with open mind. I for instance won't bother reading your quoran, I'm comfortable with what I have and I believe in the completeness of the Bible, u can use the Bible to defend ur Quoran, u can even say junk about the Bible, we're peaceful people, we will leave u to urself and we won't even bother doing anything to your Quoran, we have a better Book. So if you wanna learn, ask with open mind, Otherwise, stick to your believes, use the Bible to defend ur quoran, stop asking question you have carved answers for.
I opened a thread for you to just tell me how a ghost speaks to man, you cant for as long as you have been make post here. How logical and rational can you be if you do not see deficiency in your false truth about Bibles, a book that is inconsistent that you a protestant will never accept the Bible of the roman catholic, or that of the ethiopian orthodox? How open minded are you when you have not read the Quran and already made up your mind not read it, even the absolute truth is what you will discover in it. If it is the textboo that your professor says you must conduct your thesis on for easy Ph. D. award, what will you do? Yet it will be better for you than that with God Almighty.

Fyi, I'm done with this. So my conclusion is Fear God and keep His commandments-whichever god/God you serve
have a safe trip.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 17, 2012
Mr. Sweetnecta, now I understand why everybody left u to urself, so go on and argue with urself. As touching the matter of spirit talking to humans, even the native doctors hear from their deities, God speaks to his people often, via instincts, self will, and even clear voice, I suppose the muslims have never heard from God, they only hear from their prophets/mallams who probably hear from their superiors who probably formulated everything. If islam is perfect, a religion that supports violence vehemently, condemning who it calls infidels coz they don't believe in mohammed, a prophet who rubs his manhood on the thigh of a girl of 9yrs old, then the devil is clean if islam is perfect. How can islam be perfect and muslims not perfect, don't they pratice islam, were they not perfect before they became muslims? They were born 'clean'!

So Jesus sent mohammed! U said God? But the passage you quote said Jesus, eyah! You're confused?

The thing is that its possible islam was perfect when manned by mohammed probably due to his model and preconceived idea, maybe the sexuality, violence and intolerrance were part of the model. But christianity which means followers of christ was never perfect from inception, we had followers who didn't follow aright, from Judas till date, but even u can attest to the fact that Jesus was clean without any such stain and you can't even point fingers. But I tell you even the Hadith and the quoran are yet to agree on ur prophet and sexuality-how many wives did he marry altogether?

I guess you have a full time job of defending your prophet and your religion, that's how terrorism starts, ask the almajiris-ur religions perfect example of messengers/abi beggers
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by nakash: 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
I am so encouraged to see non muslims call out these brainwashed zombies. Keep it up In another years time these ardent defenders of a 55yr old man marrying 6 year old will be so ashamed of their prophet they will never post here ever. From their posts you can clearly see they lie for their religion. Sometimes I wonder if inbreeding ( marrying cousins halal) has permeated genetical defects throughout their progeny as to make them so daft that they can never reason. They read the bible more than christians looking for any verse that their warped minds can validate paedophile prophit prophet. I will open a thread on the last of these zombies who are still clinging to their prophet. Top on the list... Sweetnectar, vedax, mac, tbabs, the list is running shorter.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Ubenedictus(m): 2:53am On Sep 23, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Ubenedictus: You should have goggled it. Never mind/ Here is it from this muslim to you christian man: John 14 verse 16
the word there is 'another advocate'. "Another advocate" isnt d same wit "another comforter" did u purposely change the words? I asked because d word 'comforter' is used to adress just one being in the NT, so i was surprised wen i saw u talking about another comforter. The "paraclete", "paracletus", "comforter is the holy spirit, another advocate (one wu pleads ur cause). So my argument is that the thread is bogus "another comforter" cant b found in scriptures.
You guys may actually have incomplete Bibles. You are the 2nd person to ask me for this.
my bible is fine. "Another comforter" isnt in d bible.

read the roe of the another comforter. None of the things in your list is part of what he was to do with the disciples. How did God speak with the another comforter? We may not know, but we know that God spoke to many and in most cases they audiences heard The Very Voice of God, Aloud. Moses is one. Before that Adam. Even many of ordinary people heard the Voice of God Loud and Clear if we have to believe the Bibles on the matter of Baptism of Jesus. Jews dont practice baptism. But thats another matter. How could God have spoken to these many people, and His last speech to His Another comforter, we may say God did not use voice? Even if that is an argument, we know man hears with ears not with hearts. We will expect The another comforter to talk to man about what God sent him to tell man in a sounding loud voice. Read from your Bibles what the another comforter was to do, including praising Jesus. That at least he must do with Audible voice. You can ignore the correcting of mistakes assumed to be the norm. How dull can the disciples be to fall into mistakes so soon that the another comforter must come to correct them? It is just too soon for the best students of the master to fall into an error. List their errors for me, if you know any to support the opinion that they were corrected?
"another comforter" cant be found in d bible, so please rephase ur question.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by nakash: 9:38am On Sep 24, 2012
John 14:26

Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)

26 But the Holy Spirit is the one who will help you. My Father will send him in my name. He will teach you everything that I have said to you. His Helper will remind you of all that I said.

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

26 But the Paraclete, the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring all things to your mind, whatsoever I shall have said to you.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Scholar8200(m): 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2016
Sweetnecta:
@Frosbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Tiarabubu, etc: There are many threads about Another Comforter/Holy Spirit. Each has not brougt the christians to a consensus in the same form as Jesus being a prophet, for example. Now is your chance to clear the air. So tell us the truth

By just showing us how the Holy Spirit, without bodily form to identify "him" and mouth to "speak" with was able to accomplish the duties of "the teacher, corrector, etc" of the another comforter to man. The duties consist of first "hearing from God", then "speaking to believers of Jesus; his disciples". The above will correct mistake/wrong, lead to all truth, teach new things, convict the world of sins, etc, proclaim Jesus by praising him. None of these can be done without being able to speak in audible voice. Or is? Please tell us how and why would Jesus say he will hear and speak, if not a voice speech?

The verse in the Gospel of John is clear enough, stating Jesus said the Another Comforter was to hear from God and speak to man, only whatever he hears, without adding or removing from it. I wanna know how did this Holy Spirit God heard from God after hearing spoke to men.

I bet the moderator will know that this is not a muslim thread or meant to bash the christians or anybody for that matter. there is no reason therefore to move it to muslim section, since it is addressed to the knowledgeable christians so that I can gain some needed knowledge.
This was to be the pattern:

11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost
Mark 13:11
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
Sweetnecta:
@Frosbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Tiarabubu, etc: There are many threads about Another Comforter/Holy Spirit. Each has not brougt the christians to a consensus in the same form as Jesus being a prophet, for example. Now is your chance to clear the air. So tell us the truth

By just showing us how the Holy Spirit, without bodily form to identify "him" and mouth to "speak" with was able to accomplish the duties of "the teacher, corrector, etc" of the another comforter to man. The duties consist of first "hearing from God", then "speaking to believers of Jesus; his disciples". The above will correct mistake/wrong, lead to all truth, teach new things, convict the world of sins, etc, proclaim Jesus by praising him. None of these can be done without being able to speak in audible voice. Or is? Please tell us how and why would Jesus say he will hear and speak, if not a voice speech?

The verse in the Gospel of John is clear enough, stating Jesus said the Another Comforter was to hear from God and speak to man, only whatever he hears, without adding or removing from it. I wanna know how did this Holy Spirit God heard from God after hearing spoke to men.

I bet the moderator will know that this is not a muslim thread or meant to bash the christians or anybody for that matter. there is no reason therefore to move it to muslim section, since it is addressed to the knowledgeable christians so that I can gain some needed knowledge.

The Spirit of God does speak with an audible voice sometimes. You hear it like it's in a separate dimension, such that you can tell it was an audible voice but not like other voices on earth within your reach. Now God, Christ and His Spirit will many times be indistinguishable because they have one mind. Thats how He hears from God. It's actually, very easy to forget, because of how simply it's presented.

While we talk about the voice of God, it's important to distinguish it from other spiritual voices that speak too. The first is presentation. The voice of God is peaceful, gentle, calm. same with the holy angels. The others who are powers of darkness are harsh toned, imposing, and the words are not laced with peace.

The voice of God will never contradict scripture.

God speaks through men too.

How about this as an experiment. Pick a topic of your choice, ask God to teach you about it and leave it between the two of you. Give it time and see how it will be revealed to you. It may be through your mind, another person, environment, you'll tell us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muhammed(disasterbeuponhim)- D Sexual Superman Cum Rapist / ⚫⚫⚫⚫righteousness Of God Not According To Works / What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.