Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc (3529 Views)

OLAADEGBU, You Are Soiling DEEPER LIFE Reputation With Manipulation! / The Destruction Of Creationists (olaadegbu, Brainpulse And Bigd4050) / Pastor Saved as Holy Book deflects Bullet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by tiarabubu: 4:13pm On Sep 09, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Frosbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Tiarabubu, etc: There are many threads about Another Comforter/Holy Spirit. Each has not brougt the christians to a consensus in the same form as Jesus being a prophet, for example. Now is your chance to clear the air. So tell us the truth

By just showing us how the Holy Spirit, without bodily form to identify "him" and mouth to "speak" with was able to accomplish the duties of "the teacher, corrector, etc" of the another comforter to man. The duties consist of first "hearing from God", then "speaking to believers of Jesus; his disciples". The above will correct mistake/wrong, lead to all truth, teach new things, convict the world of sins, etc, proclaim Jesus by praising him. None of these can be done without being able to speak in audible voice. Or is? Please tell us how and why would Jesus say he will hear and speak, if not a voice speech?

The verse in the Gospel of John is clear enough, stating Jesus said the Another Comforter was to hear from God and speak to man, only whatever he hears, without adding or removing from it. I wanna know how did this Holy Spirit God heard from God after hearing spoke to men.

I bet the moderator will know that this is not a muslim thread or meant to bash the christians or anybody for that matter. there is no reason therefore to move it to muslim section, since it is addressed to the knowledgeable christians so that I can gain some needed knowledge .

[size=20pt] Blatant Al-taqiyya! [/size] grin grin grin
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 7:07pm On Sep 09, 2012
^^ Whats altakiyya in my wanting to gain knowledge?

You need to remove the tiara from the head and let the cool wind of early fall get in there.

Keep the bubu on because you may just catch a chill without it; deadly. i seek knowledge, daily.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2012
@Frosbel:
by frosbel(m): 1:54pm

Bélla3: @sweetnecta
u just proved hw limited ur god is! He needs a medium to speak to u? The al powerful God needs a medium.
PRAISE BE TO ILLAH. The al POWERFUL!
My God cn do al things. He doesnt need a medium, becos he owns al things. The only thing He expects is that i heed HIS words. Thank u Lord for Ur awesome wonder. THANK YOU BECOZ YOU CN SPEAK TO ME.

Don't waste time with this Muhammedian , honestly this discussion will go nowhere.
it will go no where because as usual you are a no show. in your own thread, you are being given sledge hammer like jabs and uppercuts from aletheia who cant even tell us what the another comforter heard from God and then spoke to men. This was the question I asked her, in it both of you failed. In your case, you failed miserably. There is nothing called muhammedian, silly.

They are blind and need their eyes opened by the Spirit of GOD.
what did the spirit of God say to the "the people of little faith"? Frosbel, you are in for a rough ride here.

@Reyginus:
by Reyginus(m): 2:21pm
I am not going to move in circles with you. You just dont want to understand. It will a waste of time debating with a mind that's already made up.
You need to read the verse to understand what the nature of your question should be. Next time if you want to punch me in the face, punch with both fists. Jesus never said 'another' comforter, but 'a' comforter. PERIOD.
How do you like your face; well beat up, rare or really bloody? Here is what your Bibles say about another {comforter, counselor, helper, etc. Take your pick]:

New International Version (©1984)
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--

New Living Translation (©2007)
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you.

English Standard Version (©2001)
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

@Bella:
by Bélla3(f): 2:28pm

Sweetnecta: @Bella3: Bella dont make me laugh jo. Yahweh spoke to you through Jesus, who spoke to his disciples in their accounts in the Bibles. Before then, Yahweh told you a psalm through David, as it is recorded in the Bibles. Before then, Yahweh spoke to the children of Israel through Moses, then you and them read it in the Torah and Bibles. See the consistency of the human medium, prophets of God, not joe blow and happy pappy.

including dying? being overcome or tempted by satan? Are you serious, bella3?

one wonders why Noah, Moses, etc, and Jesus son of Mary? You are deviating from the core of the thread.

what dis he tell you today other than what you have heard recorded that Jesus said God said? What has He ever told you since you can remember anything from anyone? Tell me what He told the Holy spirit as the another comforter to tell the disciples. Unless you are playing around, you have said zero on this thread.

why cnt u be a medium too?
i am no messenger even less a prophet. There is no living prophet [as]. not on earth for sure.

Why cnt God speak to you too?
God is aware of me. I am aware of Him. He has shown me signs and I am happy. The last was when i dreamed about a friend who had passed couple of years ago. I saw him being happy, happy with Allah. He is in paradise of Allah. You will never dream about a non muslim in paradise. Never. Even Jesus of the Bible has told you that he will flatly reject you as in "i do not know ye."

Hw did he speak to the others?
Moses in the torah. Lets start from the Burning Bush. Jesus in the Gospel of Jesus which you do not truly have, except a relic; "I came to fulfill and not to abolish the prophets and the laws. Not even a jot shall be unfulfilled. Whoever abolishes or encourages anyone to abolish the prophets and or the laws, he shall be the least in the kingdom of heaven".

He cn also speak to u if he spoke to others.. Indeed ur god is limited
read my entries, above. And my girl, you are deviating from the topic.

frosbel:

Don't waste time with this Muhammedian , honestly this discussion will go nowhere.

They are blind and need their eyes opened by the Spirit of GOD.

[quote]
i think i wil stick to this advice. Bt op pls tel us were Jesus spoke of another comforter!
You will read my post quoting many Bibles above, talking about "Another . . .". I had no idea you people were naive about your Bibles, even so you pride they are in so many languages. Continue to follow frosbel, who will lead you far astray. Watch it.

@Tiarabubu:
by tiarabubu: 4:09pm
Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit and sweetnecta will do what?
If the holy spirit heard from Yahweh/Jehovah, etc and spoke to disciples as Jesus said, and we have the record in writing, correcting the disciples, leading the "little faith disciples" to all truth, teaching them new things, convicting the world of sins, praising Jesus, each in new dimension, I will follow the foot steps of the disciples, as they ought to be followed. Is that okay by you or you have other ideas for me?

After being roundly dealt with in the islam for muslims section what do you wanna prove? If the comforter is not the Holy Spirit it must then be Muhammad? grin grin
are you for real as regarding the bold? The same you who said you did not understand by ebonic? You must get a grip. if the "ANOTHER comforter" is holy spirit, just show me what he heard from his partner Yahweh/Jehovah and then turn around to tell disciple of another partner, Jesus/son of man. Is that too complicated for you because there is an app for that?

www.nairaland.com/1009884/why-muslims-think-comforter-jesus
How you roundly dealt with me in this thread is something you need to proof to everyone.

1 Like

Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2012
@Tiarabubu:
by tiarabubu: 6:14pm On Sep 07
@ Sweetnecta

Sir, you would notice that I seldom reply your post. No disrespect intended but I find them incoherent and verbose. So, I will side step them for the time being until you are more concise and to the point. I am sorry.
here is what you arrogantly responded to me in the thread you referenced above.

how you roundly dealt with me, should surprise you because it surprised this writer.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 10, 2012
@sweetnecta, so you guys believe the bible-or part of the bible? Wow! I'll never believe the quoran and I'll never even read it, I've found the messiah and I'm content. Argue on.

And if the Bible defend part of ur religion, what will the Bible now do to Christianity?
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2012
@iv4fb:
by iv4fb: 7:07am
@sweetnecta, so you guys believe the bible-or part of the bible? Wow! I'll never believe the quoran and I'll never even read it, I've found the messiah and I'm content. Argue on.

And if the Bible defend part of ur religion, what will the Bible now do to Christianity
The reason I believe part of the Bibles is that Quran support the part. Part like God is One. The part that God created everything in 6 stages. And man is created and Adam [as] was created in his own [Adam] image; a grown man, not changing facial features or look like babies will look while developing to adult and he or she is completely different when the development is complete. Adam [as] looked as he looked at death the way he look when first became alive.

The Quran is there for you to believe or reject and in your case you have rejected it while in my case I believe it. Wen I read the Bible as a child, i was turned off the moment i read that Moses saw part of God, His Back or Neck, i cant remember which, now.

The jews do not read the NT because they have found their prophet, too. His name is Moses. Continue to be ignorant.

You read the Torah. You call it OT and you use it to defend the NT, The Bible, your religion, Christianity. What do you think Torah now does with Judaism, since you use it to support Christianity, Jesus?
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2012
@iv4fb:
by iv4fb: 7:07am

And if the Bible defend part of ur religion, what will the Bible now do to Christianity
The reason I believe part of the Bibles is that Quran support the part. Part like God is One. The part that God created everything in 6 stages. And man is created and Adam [as] was created in his own [Adam] image; a grown man, not changing facial features or look like babies will look while developing to adult and he or she is completely different when the development is complete. Adam [as] looked as he looked at death the way he look when first became alive.

The Quran is there for you to believe or reject and in your case you have rejected it while in my case I believe it. Wen I read the Bible as a child, i was turned off the moment i read that Moses saw part of God, His Back or Neck, i cant remember which, now.

The jews do not read the NT because they have found their prophet, too. His name is Moses. Continue to be ignorant.

You read the Torah. You call it OT and you use it to defend the NT, The Bible, your religion, Christianity. What do you think Torah now does with Judaism, since you use it to support Christianity, Jesus?
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 3:11pm On Sep 10, 2012
Mr sweetnecta, you didnt quote any biblical passage! Pls lets see it.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2012
@Bella3: You asked, I delivered. I explained with corresponding hadith and further understanding of the hadith.

1. Deuteronomy 4:35,39 — Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (39) Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

2. Deuteronomy 6:4 — Hear, O Israel: The LORD thy God is one LORD. [Note in Mark 12:28-34 how Jesus and a Jewish scribe he encountered understood this text.]

3. Deuteronomy32:39 — See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

4. 2 Samuel 7:22 — Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God; for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

5. 1 Kings 8:60 — That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.

6. 2 KINGS 5:15 — And he returned to the man of God, he and all his company, and came, and stood before him: and he said, Behold, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel; now therefore, I pray thee, take a blessing of thy servant.

7. 2 Kings 19:15 — And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.

8. 1 Chronicles 17:20 — O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

9. Nehemiah 9:6 — Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou has made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

10. Psalm 18:31 — For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?

11. Psalm 86:10 — For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.

12. Isaiah 37:16,20 — O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou has made heaven and earth. (20) Now therefore, O LORD our God, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the LORD, even thou only.

13. Isaiah43:10,11 — Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he:before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior.

14. Isaiah44:6,8 — Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.Fear ye not, neither be afraid; have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

15. Isaiah 45:21 — Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time: who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Savior; there is none beside me.

16. Isaiah 46:9 — For I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me.

17. Hosea 13:4 — Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me; for there is no savior beside me.

18. Joel 2:27

19. Zechariah 14:9 — And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

20. Mark 12:29-34

21. John 17:3 — And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

22. Romans 3:30

23. 1 Corinthians 8:4-6 — As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, andthat there is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

24. Galatians 3:20 — Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

25. Ephesians 4:6

26. 1 Timothy 1:17 — Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

27. 1 Timothy 2:5 — For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

28. James 2:19 — Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Exodus 20:11: New International Version (©1984)
For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Genesis 1:27 International Version (©1984)
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Quran chapter 112: "In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate.
Say (O Muhammad) He is God the One God, the Everlasting Refuge, who has not begotten, nor has been begotten, and equal to Him is not anyone."

10:3 But, your Lord (Who sent this Book) is Allah Who created the
heavens and the earth in SIX STAGES, and is established on the Throne
of His Almightiness in Supreme Control.

"What is the matter with you, that you are not conscious of Allah's majesty, seeing that it is He Who has created you in diverse stages? See you not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another, and made the moon a light in their midst, and made the sun as a (glorious) lamp? And Allah has produced you from the earth, growing (gradually)" (71:13-17).

Hadith: scottishsalafiyyah..com/.../meaning-of-hadith-allah-created-a...

A Hadith was reported from the Prophet (peace be upon him) in which he prohibits making the face ugly, and states that Allah (Exalted be He) created Adam in His image. This Hadith is authentically reported from the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) in which he said: "If any of you strikes (another), let them avoid the face, for Allah created Adam in His image" . In another narration: "In the Image of Ar-Rahman (The Gracious)".

This does not mean Tashbih (comparison) or Tamthil (likening Allah's Attributes to those of His Creation).

According to the view of scholars, this means that Allah (Exalted be He) created Adam hearing, seeing and talking as He wishes. These are also the Attributes of Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He), for He is All-Hearer, All-Seer, Speaker and has a Face (Glorified and Exalted be He). Yet, that does not mean Tashbih or Tamthil, since the Image of Allah is completely different from the image of any creature. Rather, it means that He is Hearer, Seer, has a Face and Speaker if He wishes. Similarly, Allah (Exalted be He) created Adam in the same image; possessing hearing, sight, face, hands and feet and speech when he wants to talk. Yet, his hearing is not like Allah's and so is his sight and speech. His face does not also resemble Allah's Face for there is no match to Allah's Attributes (may He be Exalted and Glorified). Rather, they befit Him (Glorified be He) alone. The servants (of Allah) have characteristics that befit them as well. Such characteristics are doomed to extinction, defect and weakness. However, the Attributes of Allah are Perfect without defect, weakness or extinction. For that, Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) says: There is nothing like Him; and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer. He (Glorified be He) says: "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him." Accordingly, it is not permissible to strike or make the face ugly.

. . .said...

"Allah created Adam in His Image’"
that the word 'His' in the Hadeeth refers to Adam ('alahis salaam), himself, and not Allah ('azza wa jal). He said that what was meant is that Allah created Adam ('alahis salaam) in his fully grown form/image and that Adam ('alahis salaam) was not created as a baby, but a fully grown man (in his fullest form/image)

God chose many servants. Sent many to man. God is One and the rest are gods who are nothing. Nothing at all they are. When any says he is of his own power can do nothing, know that he is not God, but god who is nothing.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 10:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
^
sorry but i didnt read that. I asked for the passage which Jesus said 'another' comforter would come.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 1:24am On Sep 11, 2012
@Bella3 above question. Here is your answer in the quote:

New International Version (©1984)
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--

New Living Translation (©2007)
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you.

English Standard Version (©2001)
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 1:34am On Sep 11, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Bella3 above question. Here is your answer in the quote:

sweetnecta 2:1?
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
@Bella3: Whats Sweetnecta 2:1?

You asked me to show you from your Bibles "another comforter". I have, above.
So whats the problem, sister and why is Sweetnecta 2:1? What does it mean?

or you are now joking with me, though I am not amused? You are not basket mouth at all.

Abeg, step aide. 9ja: dress! Okay; move.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
@Bella3:
)
Re: Christians, Why Is Christianity Better For Me Than Islam? by Reyginus(m): 5:47pm On Sep 10

fellis:
The original message by Paul in his letters was not 'avoid sex before marriage', it was 'avoid the p.rostitutes and who.res in your town'. This was what I wanted to point out so why are you getting worked up?

Lololol. Ma'am what's immorality?

(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Christians, Why Is Christianity Better For Me Than Islam? by Bélla3(f): 5:48pm On Sep 10

fellis:
The original message by Paul in his letters was not 'avoid sex before marriage', it was 'avoid the p.rostitutes and who.res in your town'. This was what I wanted to point out so why are you getting worked up?

an according to paul and early christains, every girl that sleeps with a man before marriage is a whor.e.

(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Christians, Why Is Christianity Better For Me Than Islam? by fellis(f): 5:50pm On Sep 10

Reyginus: Lololol. Ma'am what's immorality?

Lololol, Reyginus, why don't you find out for yourself?

(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Christians, Why Is Christianity Better For Me Than Islam? by fellis(f): 5:51pm On Sep 10

Bélla3: an according to paul and early christains, every girl that sleeps with a man before marriage is a whor.e.

Did he say they should not commit fornication?

(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Christians, Why Is Christianity Better For Me Than Islam? by Reyginus(m): 5:55pm On Sep 10

fellis: Lololol, Reyginus, why don't you find out for yourself?

lol. You are quite a character.
I believe you've seen the error in your post.

(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Christians, Why Is Christianity Better For Me Than Islam? by Bélla3(f): 5:56pm On Sep 10

fellis:
Did he say they should not commit fornication?

yes!
sisi maybe from your answers in posts in bold, the another comforter may actually be Paul. no?
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 10:54pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Bella3: Whats Sweetnecta 2:1?

You asked me to show you from your Bibles "another comforter". I have, above.
So whats the problem, sister and why is Sweetnecta 2:1? What does it mean?

or you are now joking with me, though I am not amused? You are not basket mouth at all.

Abeg, step aide. 9ja: dress! Okay; move.
i meant what book verse and chapter. You just wrote a verse nt quote. Paul was a spiritual leader nt comforter.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by tintingz(m): 11:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
Bélla3: i meant what book verse and chapter. You just wrote a verse nt quote. Paul was a spiritual leader nt comforter.
john 14:16 another comforter and john 16:13
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 11:32pm On Sep 11, 2012
@Bella3: John 14 verse 16.

You research it out. You will see "Another" comforter, advocate, helper, counselor.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 11:43pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Bella3: John 14 verse 16.

You research it out. You will see "Another" comforter, advocate, helper, counselor.
GOOD.
'And i will pray the father, and He shall give you ANOTHER comforter, that He shall abide with you FOREVER.
Is muhammed stil alive?
The comforter Jesus promised was one that wil live forever. And you and i both agree that no human being can live forever. Only the power of God which is the Holy Spirit can live FOREVER.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 2:06am On Sep 12, 2012
@Bella3:
by Bélla3(f): 11:43pm On Sep 11

Sweetnecta: @Bella3: John 14 verse 16.

GOOD.
so you finally see it and all you can say is good?

'And i will pray the father, and He shall give you ANOTHER comforter, that He shall abide with you FOREVER.
Is muhammed stil alive?
The comforter Jesus promised was one that will live forever. And you and i both agree that no human being can live forever. Only the power of God which is the Holy Spirit can live FOREVER.
let me be playful for a moment. Can you give me the name of the Holy spirit, if God is Yahweh/Jehovah and son of man is Jesus/Christ? I know you never thought about why the holy spirit is the one that has no name among the Gods of the Christians. And you will say Yahweh/Jehovah is a Spirit and Jesus/Christ is a solid body. Both have names, and the holy spirit who is clearly a spirit does not.

I will leave the above for something you will think about and an inspiration for you to enter Islam because the holy spirit is a creation of God and a servant of God. The holy spirit is an angel and his name is Angel Gabriel. See how consistent I am. Islam gave me the name and the nature and role of Holy Spirit.

It will be inconsistent for a prophet like Jesus to say to the disciples who are mortals like him [all humans in every respect and no proof that any is more than that]that they will get something that will remain with them forever. What will be the purpose of the holy spirit on them now they are all dead? Live forever, humans dont. Hence, it will be inconsistent to say something will remain with them forever; forever in the grave, maybe, but it is now useless for them to have the holy spirit still because they as dead people. You make a failed prophesy out of that. And you kill the idea that christians have about Jesus with your humans dont live forever, since you said Jesus died on a tree, hung. Jesus said he was a human by his "son of man", 'prophets do not have honor among his "their" people/hometown', and the disciples saying "Jesus a man approved by God", 'Jesus Your servant who You sent'.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 3:40am On Sep 12, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Bella3: so you finally see it and all you can say is good?

let me be playful for a moment. Can you give me the name of the Holy spirit, if God is Yahweh/Jehovah and son of man is Jesus/Christ? I know you never thought about why the holy spirit is the one that has no name among the Gods of the Christians. And you will say Yahweh/Jehovah is a Spirit and Jesus/Christ is a solid body. Both have names, and the holy spirit who is clearly a spirit does not.

I will leave the above for something you will think about and an inspiration for you to enter Islam because the holy spirit is a creation of God and a servant of God. The holy spirit is an angel and his name is Angel Gabriel. See how consistent I am. Islam gave me the name and the nature and role of Holy Spirit.

It will be inconsistent for a prophet like Jesus to say to the disciples who are mortals like him [all humans in every respect and no proof that any is more than that]that they will get something that will remain with them forever. What will be the purpose of the holy spirit on them now they are all dead? Live forever, humans dont. Hence, it will be inconsistent to say something will remain with them forever; forever in the grave, maybe, but it is now useless for them to have the holy spirit still because they as dead people. You make a failed prophesy out of that. And you kill the idea that christians have about Jesus with your humans dont live forever, since you said Jesus died on a tree, hung. Jesus said he was a human by his "son of man", 'prophets do not have honor among his "their" people/hometown', and the disciples saying "Jesus a man approved by God", 'Jesus Your servant who You sent'.
break it down, am alergic to long posts. But to your First question, the power of God(holy spirit) 's name is comforter or consellor for people like you who need a name. I dont think the power of God needs a name because it wil forever comfort the heart of those who deligently seek him
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by manmacho: 8:05am On Sep 12, 2012
i think we should just close this thread, Sweetnecta as already crossed his mind, no arguement can help his case.

against obvious fact he continue to dissent.

the holy spirit can not be explained to you, is an experience you should have, He lives in us believer He will live in you if you accept Jesus christ.

your figth is within, i beleive you are trying hard to convince yourself that islam is right inspite of the glarring emptiness inside of you.

Accept christ today and join the league of Sons that are lead by the Spirit.

"the Sweet holy Spirit, give me peace, and gives me a foretaste of what is to come, he helps my down, by him i speak in other tongues am a winner for life.

THE HOLY SPIRIT CAN SAVE YOU JUST EMBRACE CHRIST AND BE TRANFORMED
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
@Bella3:
by Bélla3(f): 3:40am

Sweetnecta: @Bella3: so you finally see it and all you can say is good?

break it down, am alergic to long posts.
i wonder the type of education nigeria is practicing today? is reading forbidden you, bella3? you can't even research out "another comforter" from your own Bibles. it was this muslim seeking biblical clarification that had to post chapter and verse up for you. heck. i cant be bothered with you if you are this lazy to do anything at this your young age.

But to your First question, the power of God(holy spirit) 's name is comforter or consellor for people like you who need a name.
thats not a name but a title. from your Bibles, God's Name are many; Yahweh, Jehovah, etc, and Ellah from the lips of Jesus [search it. Jesus said Ellah and not Yahweh or Jehovah]. Fro your Bibles, the name of god the son is Jesus. His title is christ. Whats the name of the god the holy spirit who you titled the another comforter [though you cant tell us who was or were the former comforter[s] and why holy spirit fit the another comforter]?

I dont think the power of God needs a name because it wil forever comfort the heart of those who deligently seek him
it is your opinion from your "think" clause. The another comforter, if Jesus in the Bible actually said what was recorded for him, was not meant for you or even Paul, but for the 12. 12 it was and 1 died which Jesus did not foresee before making unfulfilled promise/prophesy. and if he foresaw it, why promised something for 12 when you know they will be 11, or say it will be forever with them when you know they will all die or say you will come in their lifetime when you know the returning is not up to you?

@manmacho:
by manmacho: 8:05am
i think we should just close this thread, Sweetnecta as already crossed his mind, no arguement can help his case.
i wonder how you know the bold when you have at best entered 2 posts and your pretending scholars have refused to show me anything relevant to the topic? Has anyone told me how the holy spirit heard God and spoke to man? What he heard and what he said? Why would one God wait to hear from another before he speaks to his creatures? You have to think when you read the Bibles so that you can know if it is sensible, plausible or our of natural or even spiritual possibility. Miracles make sense though it is human possibility.

against obvious fact he continue to dissent.
what are the obvious fact[s]? Maybe i will read it below? so lets see. shall we?

the holy spirit can not be explained to you,
First fact, i am assuming? It is a strike against you and your blind faith. blindness does not help to see what can easily sighted.

is an experience you should have, He lives in us believer He will live in you if you accept Jesus christ.
so what has he correct you which should be the same correction on the disciples? How has he praised Jesus in your presence which should be the same way he did in the company of the disciples? How has he led you to all truth which would be the same way he led the disciples? What new thing has he taught you which should be what he taught the disciples? what did he remind you of Jesus which would the same reminding he did with the disciples? Remember that each of these is a thing above what Jesus did, left and taught. If you cant find anything on the pages of the Bibles or a book of the "another comforter", know that surely you do not have any holy spirit or you have abandoned the Book of the another comforter or somebody within Christianity is lying and has led all those christians who died astray and still leading the living christians astray.

your figth is within, i beleive you are trying hard to convince yourself that islam is right inspite of the glarring emptiness inside of you.
if what you are alleging is true, 9/11 would have helped me over the hump. its 11 years now and i am even a more determined muslim, today than before 9/11. let me let you in on a secret; i have a family in atlanta that is about to leave christianity. Allah will make their leaving a success, for them. and i have an opinion that the extended family in Nigeria will follow at some future time. Amin.

Accept christ today and join the league of Sons that are lead by the Spirit.
Jesus [as], a muslim like me? He is my leader. If the spirit is leading you any, you would have answered the simple test of the emergency service posted as thread topic. You dont have any spirit that is from God. it is obvious.

"the Sweet holy Spirit, give me peace, and gives me a foretaste of what is to come, he helps my down, by him i speak in other tongues am a winner for life.
rubbish since you are not giving us examples of what Jesus said that the holy spirit as another comforter will do with the disciples. There is no way you are better than the disciples even to now say that the holy spirit has done the bold in addition on you. If you are, go demonstrate it in the cages of poisonous snakes or ferocious big cats at the nearest zoo to you. Big mouth, i shut down, quickly.

THE HOLY SPIRIT CAN SAVE YOU JUST EMBRACE CHRIST AND BE TRANFORMED
Transformer! more than meet the eyes. If the holy spirit was not present in the lives of the "12 disciples" because there is no record that it did. And no christian has been filled with the holy spirit and "sinless". why would i join such a crew, a crew that its faith is blind which is being demonstrated by ability to simply answer the questions of this thread.

look, this morning as i was making my prayers, my mind wondered to a question that atheist macdaddy01 posted about Islamic eternity of hell is long as the earth and heaven endure, if Allah Wills. to macdaddy01, in his atheist mind, that was not eternity. what i have this morning from my prayers for him are many to demonstrate that even as Allah Wills that eternity to just be as long as the earth and heaven endure, he will not be here to see the end of the endurance of earth and heaven. this is enough to qualify the eternity to be valid and true eternity.

But i have more to support the "eternity" as long as earth and heaven endure by The Will of Allah; we know the sun does not rise or set, scientifically. but know that when science advanced to that level, though what we see are sun rising in the morning and setting at about the beginning of night. You see that you can not deny the rising and setting of the sun because thats what your eyes see, and you acknowledge it as a reality.

But thats not all. the moon is born when it begins to appear to the earth in its rotation. is there a birth of any moon? of course there is only one moon and it does not die. But before the new moon the current moon will have to die in its circle, being hidden from the earth in its rotational path. in short the reality of eternity as long as the earth and heaven endure by the Will of God is simply similar God making you see sun rising an setting even though neither happens, but appearing so to you where you are. And the moon being born and dies even though the moon exists always, but appears to you based on its rotational path relative the sun.

Give me similar explanation how a must speak another comforter did not speak to the disciples who he will abide with for ever even though they are now all dead. Give me evidence of his speech, his correction, his leading to all truth, his teaching of new things, his glorification of Jesus, etc. I wanna read them first with the disciples. Then explain how it now extends to cover you, a group Jesus did not mentioned.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by nakash: 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
So Jesus is the son of God from him saying that he will ask his Father.

Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 7:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
Sweetnecta do you have to insult me? Do you seriously think God can have a name? Jehovah(usualy attached to another name) is a title. Christ is a title, Comforter is another title. The power of God is refered to as comforter because that is what the Holy Spirit does. JESUS IS LORD.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 11:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
@Nakash:
by nakash: 3:53pm
So Jesus is the son of God from him saying that he will ask his Father.

Jesus is not son of God more than the arrogant jews saying they are the tribe of God, exclusively from other humans, all created by this Glorious God. You have taking their bait and you are literally behaving like them. I remember the sons of God mating with daughters of men. Other sons of God are in the Bibles, too. Where do you place them? They are less children of God than Jesus am sure because their mothers are not virgins like Mary?

@Bella3:
by Bélla3(f): 7:44pm
Sweetnecta do you have to insult me?
Sis. Where did i insult you and how? Forgive me if I did. But omo, you didnt turn the other cheek. You are not following orders o.

Do you seriously think God can have a name?
Yes. The jews say Yahweh. You christians say Jehovah. You even shout Hallelujah not knowing that I will find Ellah the God of Jesus there.

Jehovah(usually attached to another name) is a title.
Yahweh is a title, too? seriously?

Christ is a title,[/quote[what about Jesus, title too?

[quote]Comforter is another title.
whats his name since Jesus is the name of the one with christ as tirle?

The power of God is refered to as comforter because that is what the Holy Spirit does.
No one says the holy spirit as comforter is the power of God. Show me that verse, sharp, sharp. By the way in another there is always a former or current of the same time. Who was former or current before Jesus spoke about another comforter?

JESUS IS LORD.
Absolutely not because Jesus has a Lord.
How far now, woman? I want the learned me to show their faces; Frosbel, Olaadegbu, etc. They are all yellow belly.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 11:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Bella3: Sis. Where did i insult you and how? Forgive me if I did. But omo, you didnt turn the other cheek. You are not following orders o.

Yes. The jews say Yahweh. You christians say Jehovah. You even shout Hallelujah not knowing that I will find Ellah the God of Jesus there.

yes it is, you're refering to God. I told u i was offended doesnt mean i didnt turn the other cheek. You see, am told nt to hold things against people,tell them where they went wrong rather than judge, and dats exactly what i just did.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 11:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
The current comforter then was Jesus.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
@Bella3:
by Bélla3(f): 11:46pm On Sep 12

Sweetnecta:

@Bella3: Sis. Where did i insult you and how? Forgive me if I did. But omo, you didnt turn the other cheek. You are not following orders o.

yes it is, you're refering to God.
i would not know what your "yes is is, along with you are referring to God is/are answering my post, or posts above. You are too vague in your responses. Let me just assume that you are saying that Yahweh is a title and I am referring to God by it. If I am correct, then you have failed religion 101 because every religion has a Name for its God, except Christianity according to you, if I assumed rightly.

The Jews have Names for their God. Yahweh is an example. Eloi is another. Jesus according to the Bible shouted Ellah, instead of Yahweh, Jehovah, Eloi, Abba so much loudly that they jews mocked that he was calling Elias.

I told u i was offended doesnt mean i didnt turn the other cheek.
You have to turn the other cheek first. But which cheek did you turn and how? I didnt feel any contact on any cheek or did I miss it? So why are you offended? If this is how turning the other cheek is on you and the feeling of hitting the first cheek by me "is" then i am certain its not a quality of patience. Islam says overlook their wrong and forgive them of their sins/offenses.

You see, am told nt to hold things against people,tell them where they went wrong rather than judge, and dats exactly what i just did.
poor man argument when the reach actually forgives. How is it that you did not say what my errors were, where I erred exactly. If you wrong me, I will tell you what I take as an offense, if you ask me. If you dont I will overlook it.

by Bélla3(f): 11:49pm On Sep 12
The current comforter then was Jesus.
but Jesus is not with us, now. so the 'abide forever' is an epic fail.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 5:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
^do u have a problem wit reading?
I said Jesus was the current comforter THEN. He promised Another that wil abide forever.
Tufiakwa. Ubangiji raba ni da irin wawancin nanan(if you dnt understand it dnt ask me)
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
^^^ I wonder if Jesus is the current comforter, even now that he is not abiding with the disciples, when is the another comforter coming to abide with these dead disciples.

bella3, whatever that language you wrote up there, this muslim does not understand it and i really dont care to know it or the meaning of what you wrote.

my question is unanswered and you are digging more dirt to cover yourself up when you gleefully present Jesus as "abiding forever" comforter, while you could have been on a safer though peril road at the end that Paul is the another comforter. denying Muhammad [sa] who is clearly with a Book of Guidance that Billions read currently is like anyone denying that Larry Silverstein didn't say "pull it" just few hours before Building 7 of the world trade center complex fell without anything "pulling it down".

we know the another comforter was to come after Jesus must have left. if Jesus is still the current comforter, then we must be expecting the another comforter still, rendering the opinion that what happen according to the Bibles on the day of pentecost as fluke. If you say Jesus is the another comforter because you say he is current, we will as you where is he since all the people in christianity are awaiting him, still?

either way you slice the onion, your eyes are definitely going to tear up.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Sweetnecta: 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
^^^ I wonder if Jesus is the current comforter, even now that he is not abiding with the disciples, when is the another comforter coming to abide with these dead disciples.

bella3, whatever that language you wrote up there, this muslim does not understand it and i really dont care to know it or the meaning of what you wrote.

my question is unanswered and you are digging more dirt to cover yourself up when you gleefully present Jesus as "abiding forever" comforter, while you could have been on a safer though peril road at the end that Paul is the another comforter. denying Muhammad [sa] who is clearly with a Book of Guidance that Billions read currently is like anyone denying that Larry Silverstein didn't say "pull it" just few hours before Building 7 of the world trade center complex fell without anything "pulling it down".

we know the another comforter was to come after Jesus must have left. if Jesus is still the current comforter, then we must be expecting the another comforter still, rendering the opinion that what happen according to the Bibles on the day of pentecost as fluke. If you say Jesus is the another comforter because you say he is current, we will as you where is he since all the people in christianity are awaiting him, still?

either way you slice the onion, your eyes are definitely going to tear up.
Re: Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc by Bella3(f): 9:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ya Ubangiji.
Obviously english isnt ur 1st or 2nd language. Let me rephrase my statement
Jesus WAS the current comforter at the time of the disciple, when he was about to depart he promised them another comforter that wil abide forever. The first contact with the other comforter was at the Upper room were they were filled with the Holy spirit. An were given al they needed boldnes, courage, understanding, comfort etc. THE COMFORTER IS STILL DOING THAT TILL TODAY.
Hmm.. Ya Ubanangiji raba ni da irin wawancin nan

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pentecostal Churches And Our Lord's Prayer. / Why Did Jesus Give Instructions On How To Beat A Slave / Why Do Athiest Discriminate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.