Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) - Phones (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) (95562 Views)

How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? / Blackberry From Glo As A Modem / How To Download With Opera Mini 2.06, Opera 3.10 & Opera Mod 4.2 (with Images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by sisqology(m): 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2008
Yeepa! dem don mean me sha, @dragnet, keep on bn a fool, idiota, sumtn wey i don try tymz without numbr, y u de lie? Dumbizzle

@2nd id, I no blame u, na ur papa wey buy u 6070 i blame lmao
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2008
u tried & u failed cUz wht u got up there aint a grey matter. .itz more like a peanut tongue tongue

For ur info, I USED IT & it worked fine & the modem driver(if u know what that means) wasnt even its model but I got it to work all the same tongue tongue but I guess its rocket science to you tongue
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by zland4ps(m): 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2008
@dragnet, shey bi na d modem driver i go download?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 7:46pm On Aug 25, 2008
Yes, from nokia's site. . . Its just 15kb . . . . . .but 1st u still need to get ur cable installed. . . . .

Go to ur device manager & check if ur cable might have been installed in any of ur com ports??
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by zland4ps(m): 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2008
No, i hav not been installd there @dragnet
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2008
What does ur installation cd contain? . .does it contain d cable installer & nokia pc suite?? Else u myt wana download d dku-5 cable software 4rm nokia too

during installation did windows ask u for "driver signing" bla bla bla?? Did u accept or reject such??
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by zland4ps(m): 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2008
Nah, it didnt ask me. My cable pack containd a cd wit pc suite 6.8 n d cable drive in it.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Fadajasi(m): 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2008
Sitting on the fence again
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2008
u sure ur cd aint corrupt or something?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by zland4ps(m): 11:14pm On Aug 25, 2008
Nt sure, bt 2 b on d safer side, I go try download d pc suite n cable driver 4rm nokia.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by stancozy(m): 8:45am On Aug 26, 2008
Wich port z best to kip instald drivaz?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Don4life: 6:02pm On Aug 27, 2008
@dragnet,mustay,infobaba,honsule e.t.c)I'm connected to my pc via usb nokiaE65 as moderm.my internet speed is 460kbps.but anytime it is connected money is being deducted from my a/c pls help me on how to make it free?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2008
Lucky guy, get ur Zain's MMS activated then report back here ASAP cool
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by showskill(m): 9:50pm On Aug 27, 2008
@info
how are you doing?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by geebola(m): 2:46am On Aug 28, 2008
hey thnx vry much wit d hlp of ur forum i can now browse freely wit my zain mms on my laptop,is not lik in d others forum u will be asked to call them after callin them they will tell u to send money after sending money u will be given fake stuff dat will work only 4 aday,they will alow u to waiste ur tym,energy,money n d rest,to be sincere i av not seen a group lik dis dat will list procedure step by step wit pictures dat even a person dat can not read can do it through d displayed pictures, thnx vry much @infobaba more greace to ur ElBoW
NICE 1 KEEP IT UP
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 6:10am On Aug 28, 2008
geebola:

even a person that can not read can do it through d displayed pictures

Are u indirectly tasing . . . hayprof? shocked

showskill:

how are you doing?

like a DOG with two tails cool
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by geebola(m): 6:40am On Aug 28, 2008
no am just telling u d gospel truth,plz do u no may b operamimi mod 2.06/2.04/2.00 can work on nokia 6230i,I DEY SHINE FACE shocked shocked
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Don4life: 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2008
Please help me
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Fadajasi(m): 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2008
Wow
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2008
Don4life:

I'm connected to my pc via usb nokiaE65 as moderm.but anytime it is connected money is being deducted from my a/c

infobaba:

get your Zain's MMS activated then report back here ASAP cool
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by val49(m): 10:25am On Aug 29, 2008
Pls can ne1 give me d settings 4 multilinks phone 2 pc connectivity via usb.On windows xp.Pls.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 11:25am On Aug 29, 2008
info!!!
I wonder where he'z gone! . .not always around when needed undecided
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2008
@ val49

Huawei phone bah? i will get back to you l8r wink ABC

@ Dragnet

Big strong realiable smiley cheesy grin
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Don4life: 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2008
@infobaba,@dragnetI hv activated my Mtn Gprs wat next
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2008
info,. .yea yea. . . .bt u arent punctual tongue

Don4life gv me ur mail id & letz settle dis stuff
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2008
Drag, mustay deleted my earlier convo wit don4life. ask anybody grin
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2008
@ val49

Installing multilinks phone 2 pc via USB is very simple. I wish i cud start
from the basics but my Huawei FWT modem driver CD-Rom is not here with moi
so i gotta make this snappy.
1st, you got to install the Terminal software, wait till it get to a stage
where you would be required to put your cable so the process can continue.
Windows cud detect and install necessary driver automatically. Once your
through with that.

Step 2: Go to 'control panel ~ Network and Internet Connections' locate and click on phone and modem options
If Huawei wireless modem (153.6k) is listed among your installed modems, the rest is as simple as ABC

Go to Page two of this thread for samples of depictions (pictures)

Go to (control panel) ~ (Network and Internet Connections). Click on 'Network Connections'

Step 10: Of (Page two) Create new connection

Step 11: Of (Page two) Click on Next

Step 12: Of (Page two) Choose Connect to the internet and click next

Step 13: Of (Page two) Choose setup my connections manually. Then click next

Step 14: Of (Page two) Choose connect using a dial up modem then click on next

Step 15: Of (Page two) Click on the modem, choose Huawei wireless modem (153.6k) then click next

Step 16: Of (Page two) Use any name here. EG Multilinks then click next

Step 17: Of (Page two) Use #777 as the phone number. Then click next

Step 18: Of (Page two) USER NAME: (your phone number)@multilinks.com   PASSWORD: your password

Step 19: (Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop) Click on Finish

wink
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by tobidaflava(m): 2:42am On Aug 30, 2008
Fbt?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 5:49am On Aug 30, 2008
info, in this thread?? undecided bt why??

prof, yup. . . daflava, brt = pay b4 u enter grin
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2008
Drag, iono undecided
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 7:24pm On Aug 30, 2008
info, he has given u his mail id so send a mail to him na' wink
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 7:28pm On Aug 30, 2008
dragnet:

Don4life gv me your mail id & letz settle this stuff

@ Don4life

But dragnet requested for your email add it wasn't me

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply)

Solution To “JAR File Is Over Max Size” In Samsung Units By Awesome99 / Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? / >>Opera Mini<<<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.