Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) (95511 Views)

How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? / Blackberry From Glo As A Modem / How To Download With Opera Mini 2.06, Opera 3.10 & Opera Mod 4.2 (with Images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Donseaun(m): 8:00pm On May 27, 2008
Hehehe, u go fear fear
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by shayman(m): 8:08pm On May 27, 2008
Wat do u mean by 'it depends' pls help ur bro, pls man, shayman4real@yahoo.com
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Donseaun(m): 8:14pm On May 27, 2008
Tsw.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 9:05pm On May 27, 2008
It depends. . . . .on celtel grin I used it last night, but of course I paid for it
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by shayman(m): 9:17pm On May 27, 2008
Do u think its expensive? Is it worth it trying?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 9:19pm On May 27, 2008
Right n0w, celtel's chargin isnt precise . .they g0t pr0blems @ d m0ment
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by shayman(m): 9:30pm On May 27, 2008
K drag, thanks man!
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Fadajasi(m): 11:50pm On May 27, 2008
Sense made so far> 1%
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by shayman(m): 9:14am On May 28, 2008
U be olobe@fada
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 10:08pm On Jun 01, 2008
info, culd u pls make a detailed post on setting up a dial up c0nnecti0n on vista . . . I havnt tried it so I'm n0t quite familiar wit it. . . .is there much diffrenc wit XP? & it'd also be useful for otherz or anybody else who can do such??
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by tobs(m): 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2008
@all . . . i av been unable to connect my MTN to my laptop . , but celtel connects well . . , can someone help me on that
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 11:43pm On Jun 01, 2008
Drag u won't believe i was just about to announce my going back to XP. Have been pimping my system since noon. Am even tired self. I've been very busy re-pimping my system back to vista's look. I followed lot of tutorials on how to transform xp to look like VISTA. I got all the steps, i had even downloaded all my day to day essential softwares. And my last priority 'IE 7.0' asked me to download it latest updates and i foolish accepted. It took a while to finalize that made me realize that something must has gone worng because after i had restarted the sytem (for changes to take effect.) The booting has been refusing to boot beyond 'login' stage o. And i suspect that the IE 7.0 must have cursed my OS that effect. .
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 12:03am On Jun 02, 2008
Drag i don suffer o. And to reply your previous enquire, there's no difference except that to input 'extra initial command' on vista is a little bit trickish. Because you asked for it sha, before i reformat my system again with XP, i will load VISTA so as to describe vista's steps in details
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by tobs(m): 12:06am On Jun 02, 2008
infobaba ke . . . . . . .this a ghost
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 02, 2008
Tobs, that not the issue embarassed
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by fellybabe(f): 3:31am On Jun 02, 2008
@info,what do i need to do 2 my simcard.
My celtel simcard is bn rejected dis morning while trying 2 connect to net.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 5:12am On Jun 02, 2008
info, thanks, I'd appreciate it cheesy
bt why u dey run 4rm vista?
Maybe I'd need dat tweakn tutorial too, how can I get it?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 02, 2008
@ Fellybabe

I do experience that sim card registration failed error alot also. (Emmm but with Glo sha) somehow, it comes back to life miraculously by itself. I'd suggest you call Customer care jare   undecided
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 02, 2008
@ Drag

After downloading the transformation pack from http://www.download3000.com/download_48081.html, i went to http://fediafedia.deviantart.com/art/Windows-XP-to-Vista-tutorial-59987691 to get Real Vista paint, notepad, calculator, windows Calendar, Vista Help for XP, Windows vista Games RTM (original vista games), Vista Games explorer, Windows Vista Sidebar , Windows Live Photo Gallery, Vista system properties, Vista clock for xp
and meny more twenks that i've forgotten angry
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by fellybabe(f): 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2008
thanks
i bought another simcard and try that id you gave me sometimes ago, but it won't work
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by NegroNtns(m): 10:25pm On Jun 02, 2008
Infobaba, I got a vista simulator for you to use on your xp.

http://www.vistasimulator.com/

Click on the Windows Vista logo.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by NegroNtns(m): 10:36pm On Jun 02, 2008
Microsoft send me beta sample of their OS as well as new concepts in the Microsoft Office suite. There is a hype that everything microsoft is reliable, I found out the hard way with windows nt upgrade on a server. I will never make that mistake again. If you recall, it took XP sp2 release to fix the bugs in XP sp1. I nearly lost my computer and server. I did a test drive on Vista and turned my back on it. I am still on XP sp2. I use the vista desktop on my phone nonetheless _it is not active as a program application, just a java laced interface, das all. Some upgrades are irreversible, i hope thats' not the case with yours.

If you still have your XP disc and registration number, you can remove the vista and reload XP but you will loose data when you clean memory. But you already know this.

Good luck!
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2008
@ Fellybabe

Are you refering back to the wap/wap for celtel ?  undecided

@ Drag

I don format my systm to vista again o. And I've redownloaded ultra surf, (Thank God it was just 212.5 KB) Now am in need of a Better Screenshot programe. i can't wait to get back to XP

@ Negro_Ntns

Thanks for the vista simulator 's link smiley and as for my loss of data, redownloading is not my problem grin
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by NegroNtns(m): 10:52pm On Jun 02, 2008
Great!
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by dragnet: 10:56pm On Jun 02, 2008
info, . . .mMmm' . . .waiting

Negro, nice wink
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2008
@ Negro_Ntns

Clicking on vista toke me to this link: http://www.vistasimulator.com/vista.php please can you provide a direct link to the vista's simulator? wink
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by NegroNtns(m): 11:31pm On Jun 02, 2008
You will see three icons - computer, who and network. The computer and network will open but not the who icon.

The simulator is work in progress, not too much should be expected, it is not currently deployed to handle network connectivity. Its ability to run stand alone applications is also limited. As you can see it is labeled "Alpha". The "Beta" version would have enhancements.

Here is the link again,
http://www.vistasimulator.com/
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by NegroNtns(m): 11:42pm On Jun 02, 2008
Info ,

I see you keep busy in here. You are doing an excellent job. I learnt some things from an earlier post you had. It was the missing link for something I have been trying to do and I came here and saw it and Im like oohhhhlala, grin .

I have some AT commands to send you. They are indispendable for people that will love to make their phone and computer do various magic things or even for other reasons that I'd prefer not to mention in a public forum like this. They are good for GSM phones. Excellent for configuring different phones for tethering. Give me email address to send to.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 02, 2008
@ Negro_Ntns

Ok o. I kind of got confused with the site before. And thanks for your later explanation  cheesy. I must use your recommended vista's simulator o.  cool

@ Drag

Testing Screenshot

Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 02, 2008
@ Negro_Ntns

INFOYEDO@GMAIL.COM

YIM: infoyedo
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by NegroNtns(m): 11:56pm On Jun 02, 2008
Its on the way, it will come handy for the good job you dey do here ma broder. God Bless.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 1:35am On Jun 03, 2008
@ Negro

Thanks

@ Drag.

I've completed all scrnshots. But i gota sleep. Tommorow (today) is yet another day jare undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? / Solution To “JAR File Is Over Max Size” In Samsung Units By Awesome99 / >>Opera Mini<<<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.