Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,557 members, 7,955,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:04 PM

UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists (61499 Views)

Cultists Attack Four Boys In Anambra For Refusing Initiation(graphic Pics / Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) / 65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by OmoTier1(m): 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2012
A nation where life is taken at will and not even a cock crows, the people still expect God to smile on them? How dare a man sniff life out of a fellow being and yet wakes up the next day and goes about the day as if it is business as usual? Truly such a being isn't human anymore. Demonic I dare to say!

The sweet truth is, death is not the end of the matter, everyman will face that Great Throne of Judgment, both the cultists, who killed this fellow and the fellow that was killed, all will give account, yet the time for that will be soonest!

God help us all.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by double08(m): 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
Graduation time is the killing season. Honest I doubt if its mistaken identity cos dis fine boi has a distinct feature(afro) and its no coincidence that he is in his finals. Like someone said earlier those who live by the sword will die by the sword and they too have loved ones that would feel unjust when the karma comes calling. Ironic isn't?May his soul rest in peace.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by willymuyiwa: 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
Crazy as it may seem dis has been going on for a long time, in 2008 4 boys were killed in saint pauls hostel in Ekosodin, no arrest, no prosecution, no investigation sef. I hope this time would be different. Dan u still a soldier, Chelsea till I join u too, RIP bro
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by double08(m): 6:03pm On Sep 09, 2012
willy_muyiwa: Crazy as it may seem dis has been going on for a long time, in 2008 4 boys were killed in saint pauls hostel in Ekosodin, no arrest, no prosecution, no investigation sef. I hope this time would be different. Dan u still a soldier, Chelsea till I join u too, RIP bro

Birdman
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by erico2k2(m): 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2012
ezme:

Please this very sensitive for most of us that know him in person. Try to keep your postulations to yourself.

I remember our last conversation when I was in Benin. You told me, you had submitted methodology to Prof. Aluyor. I told you all he needed to see was your commitment and you would get your A in your Thesis. I laughed when you complained about final year stress, I even promised you "flexing" next time I hit Benin.I never knew that would be our last conversation. cry cry cry

UNIBEN!!! when will this end?
SO you think that guy was TALKING NONSENSE?he is %200 right, Cultist just dont kill people for FUN, there would be a clear motive, I know no one should rejoice at the loss of any SOUL but if you live STREET, you die STREET.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Monimatic(m): 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
Some times, victims of killings in ekosodin could be victim of mistaken identity or cultists having the wrong perception that one is a cultist beacause some of friends, room mates or course mates that you are close to are cultists.The victims of Most of the gruesome killings,that took place in Ekosodin which is the safe heaven of a.k.a Confraternity during my undergraduate years in the university of benin were cult members who belonged to other cult groups, if you are a cultist and you cult affiliation is not of the a.k.a Confraternity, then you must avoid coming to Ekosodin which is the dreaded territory of the Confraternity, if a cultist who is a non member comes to ekosodin, words will quickly spread round that an enemy or intruder is in their territory and before you say Jack Robinson, they will instruct their several hit squads to take you down six feet below by any means necessary. Most of those killed in Ekosodin are bonafide cultists who were not members, so the the members see non members coming to their territory as spies, and hit men(assassins). Non cult members are hardly murdered in ekosodin, as long as you don't look for their trouble. But if are a non cultist living in ekosodin and certain situation or circumstances occurred that later prompted you to join a cult group other than the , then you have just signed you death certificate cos this boys will definitely discover you are a non cultist living in their territory. The way these cultists gather intelligence about the enemy and their targets still baffles me,even the SSS and the Nigerian police force will marvel at their level of sophistication in gathering intelligence, identifying their targets and eliminating their targets.
Please note i ain't saying Daniel Ike is a cultist, but mark my words since the current academic session in UNIBEN is about to round up, watch out for more killing and reprisal attacks.
So far some comments being made on on this post are not helping matters, the comments here are rather creating an atmosphere for more killings to take place, some guys are still indirectly boasting about their cult affilation with coded words on this post instead of thinking about their life and stopping the violence , rather they are using coded language like "blues for life", "Chelsea till i die", "birdman"........those of you who know what i am saying will decod their message. it's not about black, blue, red, camouflage,orange, yellow, paw paw, etc............LETS STOP THE VIOLENCE............you can not create life , why do you seek to destroy lives.
Daniel Ike......We will always remember you, back in the days at Akanu Ibiam Hall a.k.a Hall 4 boys Hostel in UNIBEN, you respected every one and you were known for peace...............REST IN PEACE MY MAN.................SEE YOU IN HEAVEN!
ONE MINUTE OF SILENCE FOR A FALLEN SOLDIER!

8 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by erico2k2(m): 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
finefabby: To all those trying to put 2 n 2 together lemme tell u a short story. In my final year in uniben I had a small misunderstanding with my neighbor dat lead to a few blows being xchanged.some moments later I saw about 5 to 7 guys comin down from bikes asking for me.Apparently d dude I had a fight with told them I was a RED and that I was always boastin about it.they said they wanted to send my body to PH(from what I got to know,they were BLUES).see me see wahala o.Anyways one of the guys that came said he knew me that I was a gentle guy that we should settle everytin peacefully.they even said I should join dem for beer but that same guy said they should just let me be.that was hw I escaped possible death or something bad that day all cos of someone envy or hate.So pls just don't post because u want to post.leave judgement to God;who knows all,sees all.may his soul find eternal rest,Amen. undecided
so how was that guy wrong in waht he posted, ? your so call rival must have thought you was a cultist, so its a case of mistaken identity.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by erico2k2(m): 6:17pm On Sep 09, 2012
Monimatic: The victims of Most of the gruesome killings,that took place in Ekosodin which is the safe heaven of a.k.a Confraternity during my undergraduate years in the university of benin were cult members who belonged to other cult groups, if you are a cultist and you cult affiliation is not of the a.k.a Confraternity, then you must avoid coming to Ekosodin which is the dreaded territory of the Confraternity, if a cultist who is a non member comes to ekosodin, words will quickly spread round that an enemy or intruder is in their territory and before you say Jack Robinson, they will instruct their several hit squads to take you down six feet below by any means necessary. Most of those killed in Ekosodin are bonafide cultists who were not members, so the the members see non members coming to their territory as spies, and hit men(assassins). Non cult members are hardly murdered in ekosodin, as long as you don't look for their trouble. But if are a non cultist living in ekosodin and certain situation or circumstances occurred that later promoted you to join a cult group other than the , then you have just signed you death certificate cos this boys will definitely discover you are a non cultist living in the territory. The way these cultists gather intelligence about the enemy and their targets still baffles me,even the SSS and the Nigerian police force will marvel at their level of sophistication in gathering intelligence, identifying their targets and eliminating their targets.
True word, even if you as a non cultist have a fight with them(cultist) the max that can happen to you is, you get a good bruising from them etc money taken or you stuff seized, in my days we call it OBTAINING
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Mullah24(m): 6:17pm On Sep 09, 2012
shit! .dis guy av paid his own .who knows if he is a cultist or nt.bt believe me non of them shal go free.
I was once a cultist bt i repented and left sch in ma final yr .i no wot it took me to survive it was hell.
U beter dnouce if u ar a bush man
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by bisiswag(f): 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
Following the thread,i cant believe how some people can be so insensitive,what ever happened to benefit of the doubt esp in death....and pls before u spew thrash,try thinking of the loved ones he left behind. R.I.P and may God grant all who knew him esp his mum and dad the strenght to bear the loss and carry on.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by harakiri(m): 6:29pm On Sep 09, 2012
colly227: The intimidation I faced in ekosodun when I went to visit a friend was beyond my understanding. First it was a bit of being unlucky and it was about 7:30pm when I went to buy something to eat from hill crest hostel to Edo street, on getting to the fast food centre I noticed they have closed so I decided to buy suya, while I was waiting for aboki to warm the suya 2 cultist guys approached me from behind and one of them intentionally hit his hand on me just to make sure the Smirnoff drink he held falls of his hands. First I thought it was an accident then I bent down immediately to pick the drink for him backed with I'm sorry.

The guy that owned the Smirnoff said I shouldn't worry while the other guy asked in pretence who owes the spilled drink and his friend said it was his..hmmm as this point the guy pulled me out from the suya stand, ordered everyone to vanish, before I could knew it the street was empty. I begged for mercy trying to explain it was an accident but before I could explain he slapped my ears with both hands..I was shocked and confused, so much panic took over me cos more of their members came out. To summarize everything I got a serious beating and they took my money and phones.

What I'm trying to let people know is that I didn't step on a toe neither am I a cultist but I was just unlucky to be spotted as a target cos they needed money.

If I was killed people will say I must have stepped on a toe or a cultist belonging to another group or even because of a girl.

I am not disputing anything people said about the guy but they are chances he might have died of what he doesn't know about . Rip bro

Please tell them.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by armadeo(m): 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
Mistaken identity unlikely as this dude appears to have been populara. AKA AFRO hard to miss wouldn't u say. Woulda sttod out like a beacon.
Good looking lad though. Left B side in 2006 then this shit had died down the boys where all after yahoo yahoo. Now its back
RIP man

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by hardeyincah(m): 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
RIP AFRO... But u see dis cultist... Can they ever take revenge if BOKO HARAM offends them, or if a MILITARY man do?
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by armadeo(m): 6:31pm On Sep 09, 2012
harakiri:

Please tell them.

He was set up 4 obtaining. They don't just kill because u march my shoe or u chase my girl those are bashing offences

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by stagger: 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2012
In fact long and short of it is that the Dan Ike guy must either have been a member of a different fellowship or it was just plain mistaken identity.

Either way, assuming say im na Jew, which kain parole wey non-family member dey try control inside hot zone like Ekosodin? Abi im just wan prove say im fit waka for dat place and nothin' dey happen abi?

Nah! Dey guy na family member. Probably a birdman or Buka guy.

4 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by samfibby(m): 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2012
esasoghe, ekosodin bla bla bla.....still remember those places. Thought guyz would have repented by now. Edo state itself is a den of occultism, dat explains why uniben cannot be rid itself of cultism. Feel sorry 4 de guy, whether a member or not. Such a soul shouldnt be cut down in its prime 4 any reason. Anyways adeius. cry cry cry
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Mikocake(m): 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
hardeyincah: RIP AFRO... But u see dis cultist... Can they ever take revenge if BOKO HARAM offends them, or if a MILITARY man do?
military na government, u no fit fight dem. BOKO HARAM?? Dey wan die?? Na bomb dey go take force dat frat to exile.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by tpapi: 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
Cultist dont kill jumen,dan definitely wz a confra boy,is likely dan or his colleagues av messed up somhow,dats y he wz hit
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
Ryabcool:
So you're implying that they should be killed early? Just a question...
That was a rhetorical queshion.
@topic,
Ekosodin na wa sha. If the communities are not clashing, then cultists are busy killing people.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by samfibby(m): 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2012
The uniben i know in those days, If the dude is a rival gang member, then uniben better be ready for more bodies in body bags all in the name of retaliation either b4 the session ends or next session. I just pray it doesnt come to this. Amen. All men better take shelter in hall three or hall four.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by tpapi: 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
ezme:

Please this very sensitive for most of us that know him in person. Try to keep your postulations to yourself.

I remember our last conversation when I was in Benin. You told me, you had submitted methodology to Prof. Aluyor. I told you all he needed to see was your commitment and you would get your A in your Thesis. I laughed when you complained about final year stress, I even promised you "flexing" next time I hit Benin.I never knew that would be our last conversation. cry cry cry

UNIBEN!!! when will this end?
is a pity u neva rily knew ur freind wz a confra boy

4 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by jude33084(m): 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2012
colly227: The intimidation I faced in ekosodun when I went to visit a friend was beyond my understanding. First it was a bit of being unlucky and it was about 7:30pm when I went to buy something to eat from hill crest hostel to Edo street, on getting to the fast food centre I noticed they have closed so I decided to buy suya, while I was waiting for aboki to warm the suya 2 cultist guys approached me from behind and one of them intentionally hit his hand on me just to make sure the Smirnoff drink he held falls of his hands. First I thought it was an accident then I bent down immediately to pick the drink for him backed with I'm sorry.

The guy that owned the Smirnoff said I shouldn't worry while the other guy asked in pretence who owes the spilled drink and his friend said it was his..hmmm as this point the guy pulled me out from the suya stand, ordered everyone to vanish, before I could knew it the street was empty. I begged for mercy trying to explain it was an accident but before I could explain he slapped my ears with both hands..I was shocked and confused, so much panic took over me cos more of their members came out. To summarize everything I got a serious beating and they took my money and phones.

What I'm trying to let people know is that I didn't step on a toe neither am I a cultist but I was just unlucky to be spotted as a target cos they needed money.

If I was killed people will say I must have stepped on a toe or a cultist belonging to another group or even because of a girl.

I am not disputing anything people said about the guy but they are chances he might have died of what he doesn't know about . Rip bro.

do uu think u excaped death? They just want to drill u and thats all. Most of us have fallen prey too. For cultist to go after u with a gun that means they either know or suspect u to be a member of their rival gang and as we all know tthere is no register to identify their rivals other than seeing u amongst them

RIP Ike
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by omoboy1: 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2012
well you guys, do not just understand, after looking at the guy, pics both here and fb, i found out this boy, is a Blue, i know what im saying, im a a.k.a Confraternity
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by GOZILLA(m): 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2012
Shot @ point blank range? My guy,dat was an execution. It is not a coincidence dat he was in his final year. He seems 2 be a popular guy so mistaken identity is out of question. He belonged,plain and simple! R.I.P bro.

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Kakability(m): 7:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
May his Gentle soul Rest In Peace. If the Nigerian Police cant do anyting, then i jus they contact michael scoldfield to Findout why he is killed, if weda he is a cultist or not. Afta that then Jack Bauer can swing into action to unravel the crime and apprehend the suspect and bring them to book. @ kakability.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2012
jude33084:

do uu think u excaped death? They just want to drill u and thats all. Most of us have fallen prey too. For cultist to go after u with a gun that means they either know or suspect u to be a member of their rival gang and as we all know tthere is no register to identify their rivals other than seeing u amongst them

RIP Ike

Wow!!!! what if I didn't survive the beating or if I retaliated not knowing they had members all around?
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Mikaelz(m): 7:13pm On Sep 09, 2012
smudge2079: eya. RIP. D guy face luks familiar. Ekosodin na no man's land o. I finishd 4rm uniben last session and i stayed in ekosodin for 4yrs. Its a crazy place to live. Robbery+oppression +D light is bad+d police station ova dere is a complete joke.it might b a mistaken identity.dis is d period dey kil(when final yr studnt ar passing out). Only God knws what actually happend. Any1 who kil by d sword wil surely die by one.
I finished at uniben myself, left ekosodin village 2010. D oppression is massive,as at 2oo7,d deaths i witnessed n heard of were alarming,including one of my course mates was killed in same gruesome manner.d place is a no man's land, dat's y graduating successfuli from dat skul shud be a reason for rapturous celebrations.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by ezme(m): 7:16pm On Sep 09, 2012
omoboy1: well you guys, do not just understand, after looking at the guy, pics both here and fb, i found out this boy, is a Blue, i know what im saying, im a a.k.a Confraternity

Smh... And you knew that just by looking at his picture abi? The fact that a stupid person like you can say that from looking at his pic is the same reason he is dead now. A blue jersey,blue jacket or t-shirt doesn't mean anything. No be everybody when stay BDPA be eiye you hear.I won't be surprised if he was shot just because he had something blue on. Its so sad that as typical Nigerians, everyone would want to be judgmental even without knowing a person. This thread was open so his story can be heard. Its so sad people just want to feel smart and speak affirmatively about someone they haven't spoken to before.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by bola4dprec(m): 7:26pm On Sep 09, 2012
If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die ? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? It is impossible to suffer without making someone pay for it; every complaint already contains revenge. We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. I suspect the victim of circumstance himself nah dove , a kind of pigeon

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by gramci: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
Believe it or not, I guy like this belongs to BDPA, Osasogie or Wasota. Not ekosodin. That's haters den. Evry UNIBEN Soji know's this.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by lekkie073(m): 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2012
Dan was a f.o.king airlord......r.i.p. flying ng baobab
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by lekkie073(m): 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2012
bola4dprec: If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die ? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? It is impossible to suffer without making someone pay for it; every complaint already contains revenge. We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. I suspect the victim of circumstance himself nah dove , a kind of pigeon
U na wetin? Hazer? Or butcher?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Stabs Her Boyfriend To Death In India During Argument (Graphic) / Police Arrest Kehinde Adekusibe Who tweeted 'Let's Kill All The Igbos' / Ugandan Lady Strips Herself In Court After Judge Ordered Her To Be Remanded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.