Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists (60711 Views)

Cultists Attack Four Boys In Anambra For Refusing Initiation(graphic Pics / Suspected Bariga Cultists Paraded In Lagos (pictures) / 65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by ForDanny: 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2012
Daniel ike, a final year chemical engineering student of the univerity of benin ,Edo State, was gruesomely murdered last night (07/08/2012) and left for dead at the most popular and dreaded Ekosodin. He was said to have been shot in the head at close range by some cult students. As at this moment,no one knows what the poor boy did to them, he was only in the area to see a friend when he was attacked and killed by these men. Daniel or afro as he was popularly known as was a God fearing,easy going, gently fine young man with prospects and a very promising future .

The young man just had 20 days to go before the completion of his Undergraduate program at the university of benin and some wicked souls thought it was a right to end his life. Imagine the pains his family would be going through right now.

NO FATHER ON EARTH SHOULD EVER BURY HIS SON. For how long would this continue in our universities and nothing would be done to bring these killers to book. This is not the first time this has happened in nigera and it would continue to happen until we nigerians address this issue. Let's face it, this could happen to anybody's son,brother,cousin or friend. Daniel ike was just unluky.

My dear nairalanders, we the friends of daniel have no voice and we have seen what happened to Cynthia Osokogu's killers and the swift action by the police in apprehending them, we really wish the same could happen to daniel ike's killers but we do not know where to start from and so we have decided to tell the story and hope the story would go accross nigeria and someone with a good heart would look at it and direct us on what to do to bring these killers to justice.

Attached below are some of his pictures he took in the just concluded final year week.
See what his friends are saying on his facebook wall: https://m.facebook.com/daniel.ike1?refid=17&m_sess=AVyj0-OnxC4MfX

Danny, Aka Afro, we love you and we miss you, rest in the bossom of the almighty God brother. By his grace your killers would be caught and would pay dearly for the numerous crimes they have commited against humanity.

UPDATE:
After reading all the comments here, I can bodly say daniel wasn't a cultist, if he was, at least someone would have identified him and comfirmed that he was one,but over 21(and counting) people who knew him and commented here said he was gentle and had no affliations with any cult group,that should tell us something. Am really sad , am not sure any arrests have been made, I just wish they can catch the killers like they did in cynthia's case, Right now, poor danny is lying lifeless at UBTH morgue with his handsome face heavily disfigured and his killers are drinking beer right now at coca cola there in ekosodin, OMG,this is not right, police please take up this case and bring danny's killers to book...

7 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by mrkels(m): 10:35pm On Sep 08, 2012
Moderators is there anyway this can get to the front page so people can see this like cynthia? This is very sad and all these boys normally go scot free when they commit crimes like this, I just wish and hope this case would be different. Mods please front page.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2012
Very sad, i hope his family are as influential as Cynthias`s M.H.G.S.R.I.P undecided
I`d love to make an image slider in his honour.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by stagger: 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2012
If you say he was killed by cultists, then either:

1) He was a cultist himself and was able to live a double life that you his friends did not know (I be modern day graduate so I am not talking what I do not know).

2) A case of mistaken identity.

3) He crossed someone in a cult (girlfriend, maybe sat in the guy's favourite spot, etc). SO more info will be appreciated.

22 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by isquar3d3(m): 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2012
such loss. RIP man. No details of the case yet but no one should have to go thru the anguish of a loved one killed.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by tjskii(f): 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2012
@stagger,watever the case may be,a murder was commited and justice should be served
May his soul RIP

6 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2012
I wonder why those cultists always wait till their victims are in their final year before killing them.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by wengerjay(m): 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2012
Adieu Daniel!May ur murderers know no peace till their identities are revealed.

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by finefabby(m): 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2012
undecidedRIP son your blood will not spill in vain. Haters are really increasing in numbers
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2012
stagger: If you say he was killed by cultists, then either:

1) He was a cultist himself and was able to live a double life that you his friends did not know (I be modern day graduate so I am not talking what I do not know).

3) He crossed someone in a cult (girlfriend, maybe sat in the guy's favourite spot, etc). SO more info will be appreciated.
hmmm!my thought as well! Something must have warranted him being killed.anyway RIP to him.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
fellis: I wonder why those cultists always wait till their victims are in their final year before killing them.

I tire ooo
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by stanleysneak(m): 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2012
[b][/b]sad though.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by gramci: 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2012
Handiwork of Ekosodin vampires

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Costa2000(m): 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2012
DANNY RIP
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Kirinwa: 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2012
fellis: I wonder why those cultists always wait till their victims are in their final year before killing them.

So that others would appreciate the dangers and evils associated with cultism. tongue
But unfortunately it only makes it popular as newbies are made to know that those that fell were Jewmen.

Btw who is that fine babe beside him.Are you sure she's not the cause.You may be surprised she is! undecided

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by smudge2079(m): 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
eya. RIP. D guy face luks familiar. Ekosodin na no man's land o. I finishd 4rm uniben last session and i stayed in ekosodin for 4yrs. Its a crazy place to live. Robbery+oppression +D light is bad+d police station ova dere is a complete joke.it might b a mistaken identity.dis is d period dey kil(when final yr studnt ar passing out). Only God knws what actually happend. Any1 who kil by d sword wil surely die by one.
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Oceemo(m): 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
First of all R.I.P 2 d dude But u c, diz cult guyz dnt jst c n kill u d guy frnd shld tell us d truth..His he nt in rival ?cult or a trouble maker? Am nt dizzin d dead sha oh!
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by hannydarl(f): 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2012
Get in touch with the oga of police where he was killed. Give his phone number who knows maybe someone sent him a threat sms or call. His face book page,bb pin maybe he was pinged by someone who worried and pinged him to watch out etc. Go to the police boss there if you can and lay your complaints.

Is his dad an ex army oga? That will make the case go like cynthias. Na who is who cases dem dey arrest even ribbena seller and phone buyer.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by jeezybuck: 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2012

Your right there is more to it, Cultist just don't attack innocent People. R.I.P man

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by ezme(m): 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2012

Please this is very sensitive for most of us that know him in person. Try to keep your postulations to yourself.

I remember our last conversation when I was in Benin. You told me, you had submitted methodology to Prof. Aluyor. I told you all he needed to see was your commitment and you would get your A in your Thesis. I laughed when you complained about final year stress, I even promised you "flexing" next time I hit Benin.I never knew that would be our last conversation. cry cry cry

UNIBEN!!! when will this end?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by festusfeezy(m): 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2012

daz because they re so hheartless, all they do is 2 waste souls wit a brite future. Anyway MHGSRIP
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by frevangel(m): 3:29pm On Sep 09, 2012
From my experience in school few years back, most of the people killed in final year are members of rival cults or someone who has been a rival to a cultist, probably competing for a girlfriend.

From the story I hardly think it will be mistaken identity as he was a popular guy.

Just saying.....

May God give his family fortitude to bear the loss.

4 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2012
Great uniben!my alumni. Great ekosodin! My former hood dose days. That place Na jungle I wish that ekosodin village could b shutdown. RIP man.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by baslone: 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2012
jeezybuck:

Your right there is more to it, Cultist just don't attack innocent People. R.I.P man

That's very untrue brother!

I have seen a case of mistaken identity when polytechnic guys almost killed an innocent University student and axed an aboki selling sugar-cane by the roadside.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
RIP afro_no mata wat u did 2 who and wen, u stil didnt deserve to die..nawah 4 ekosodi,tot cultism has gone low,action shud be taken to stop dis,especially nw dat students ar writing dia degree examz.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by gokuu(m): 3:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
Na wa o, the guy sef dosen't look gentle himself. Uniben, the den of cultism!

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by bayulll01(m): 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2012
that school called uniben is full of cultist,wat a waste see the fine boy,shm weep for 9ja

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by gbadexy(m): 3:39pm On Sep 09, 2012
RIP to him.
Sure its most likely a mistaken identity or he belongs, but I doubt it.
It may also be due to envy, someone may have told them he is a rival cultist just to set him up.
I doubt if he was killed because of a woman.
People should stop the mentality that only cultists are killed, there are many cases of mistaken identity or someone unfortunate to talk to or hang around a friend who is a cultist without the guy knowing.
As for knowing the killers, there is no secret cult, the students know them openly.

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 09, 2012
Well, he who live by the sword shall die by the sword. Nuff said!
Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by mightiersa: 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
The first and last time i visited uniben, I was passionately warned not to go to ekosodin.
My question is that: why should there be no-go-area in a city where police are?
No security....

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by smudge2079(m): 3:45pm On Sep 09, 2012
HOLY CHRIST! i just confirmed. He's even some1 I know. A friend 2 my friend, she just cald me. Dis world is so crazy. Pls show some respect, dis dude cant b a cultist. One night when I was still living in ekosodin, I went 2 watch a champions league match and narrowly missd a bullet when a fight started btw some group of cultists @ the Football viewing center. If I had been hit, evry1 wud av said I was a cultist. Heaven knows I was a clean guy. Pls, b4 u write anytin, think twice. Only God is the ultimate judge. RIP BRO

6 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Student: Daniel Ike Killed By Cultists by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2012
that still baffles me up till date

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photo Of The Housemaid Who Beat Her Boss To Coma In Lagos / Cultists Kill Benue State University Student & Girlfriend (pic) / Undergraduates Raped, Robbed Job Seeker And Took Her Unclad Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.