Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? (3462 Views)

Should Believers Observe The Law? / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? / Why Dont We Observe The Sabbath Day! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 12:18am On Sep 09, 2012
On the Sabbath, you could do Bible study, listen to sermons, meditate, pray, interact with your family, go for a walk, go for a drive, listen to beautiful uplifting music, go to a nice quiet restaurant. You can do a combination of some or all of these things. But the main thing is you would keep God at the centre by Bible study, prayer, meditation, and relaxing. You would not do laundry, heavy cooking (that takes hours), shopping, watch movies or lots of television or house cleaning on the Sabbath.

For those of you that observe the Sabbath, is it the way you keep it? Is this how God instructed it? Ur kind responds will be appreciated, Thank you.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 09, 2012
plappville: On the Sabbath, you could do Bible study, listen to sermons, meditate, pray, interact with your family, go for a walk, go for a drive, listen to beautiful uplifting music, go to a nice quiet restaurant. You can do a combination of some or all of these things. But the main thing is you would keep God at the centre by Bible study, prayer, meditation, and relaxing. You would not do laundry, heavy cooking (that takes hours), shopping, watch movies or lots of television or house cleaning on the Sabbath. We have written an article which you may find helpful on this matter:

For those of you that observe the Sabbath, is it the way you keep it? Is this how God instructed it? Ur kind responds will be appreciated, Thank you.

WELL THE SABBATH WAS TODAY. I MAKE SURE I DONT SHOP CUZ THEN I WOULD BE COMMITTING SOMEONE ELSE TO SIN. HOWEVER SCRIPTURE SAYS THE SABBATH IS MADE FOR THE MAN AND NOT MAN FOR THE SABBATH SO APART FROM SHOPPING, I PRETTY MUCH DO WHAT I NORMALLY DO
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 09, 2012
And what's the sabbath to you woman? Are u keeping it or you are typing on NL and rechecking to c if people have posted on your thread?
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:23am On Sep 09, 2012
I didn't know that there are so many naija jews on NL. Or are they just jews wannabees because only jews should be observing sabath and no one else with the exception of those who enjoy living out fake existence.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2012
solidbroda: And what's the sabbath to you woman? Are u keeping it or you are typing on NL and rechecking to c if people have posted on your thread?
My dear, do i need to announce to you if i keep it or not? I ask question, if it does not concern you, just look and pass. I no dey find NL fan oo, i simply ask a question shikena.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
Jenwitemi: I didn't know that there are so many naija jews on NL. Or are they just jews wannabees because only jews should be observing sabath and no one else with the exception of those who enjoy living out fake existence.

Do you obey practice the ten commandments? Please tell me where it says the Sabbath is for the Jews only.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 12:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: WELL THE SABBATH WAS TODAY. I MAKE SURE I DONT SHOP CUZ THEN I WOULD BE COMMITTING SOMEONE ELSE TO SIN. HOWEVER SCRIPTURE SAYS THE SABBATH IS MADE FOR THE MAN AND NOT MAN FOR THE SABBATH SO APART FROM SHOPPING[b], I PRETTY MUCH DO WHAT I NORMALLY DO [/b]

So its like you do things normal like in other days of the week, isnt this breaking of the Sabbath, it is supoosed to be a special day not like others.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2012
plappville:

So its like you do things normal like in other days of the week, isnt this breaking of the Sabbath, it is supoosed to be a special day not like others.
i dont do wickedness on the other days of the week so i do sabbath everyday LOL MARK 2 VS 27 Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. one thing i definitely do not do is shop. scripture says dont let your conduct weaken others. so by shopping, then i am letting the cashier work on the sabbath. so i am very particular about not shopping on a saturday.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: i dont do wickedness on the other days of the week so i do sabbath everyday LOL MARK 2 VS 27 Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. one thing i definitely do not do is shop. scripture says dont let your conduct weaken others. so by shopping, then i am letting the cashier work on the sabbath. so i am very particular about not shopping on a saturday.

You are right about the shopping attitude, but i think there are more things not to be done as well on a Sabbath day.
Luke 23:56 Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.

I think the Sabbath is a total rest, doing any kind of Job, cooking, lundry, cleaning of home etc... may lead to breaking it.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
I do not practice anything from the bible. Sabbath is only for the jews. It is not for Africans.
plappville:

Do you obey practice the ten commandments? Please tell me where it says the Sabbath is for the Jews only.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
Jenwitemi: I do not practice anything from the bible. Sabbath is only for the jews. It is not for Africans.
Africans are the real jews wink the shemitic Africans that is
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2012
Jenwitemi: I do not practice anything from the bible. Sabbath is only for the jews. It is not for Africans.

Ah all ok, i can understand now.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by rhymz(m): 7:35am On Sep 10, 2012
Jenwitemi: I didn't know that there are so many naija jews on NL. Or are they just jews wannabees because only jews should be observing sabath and no one else with the exception of those who enjoy living out fake existence.
hahahahah. . . You know the problem with Naija Christians, they just follow verbatim traditions and culture whose origins they do not know or understand, the few that manage to do would rather live a lie than tell themselves the truth.
In one hand, Paul comes with a generic form of gnostic interpretation of Jesus's death and ressurection and then throws away the Jewish laws under the bus, saying your plate has been wiped clean the moment you believe that the Murder and fairy tale ressurection of Jesus was because of a sin you don't know when you committed. He goes ahead to say 4ck the jewish laws, you are saved by grace and not by work, for you get to commit sin by knowing the laws, the Jewish laws of course. He says 4uck these laws, Jesus abolished it but then, those greedy church fathers with an intention to cheat, decieve and control people en mass go around cherry picking from these same laws they once taught to their congregation is abrogated, dismissed, wiped clean, discarded and so on, on the cross of calvary like they claim. Judaic laws like tithing for the Levites and its high priest are not discarded, Christ did not die for Pastor Oyedepo to stop collecting tithe that has given him up to 4 jets. . Lol. . Sabbath day, that is as jewish as it comes, is also not part of the law that christ got murdered for since it will reduce monies from entering the church coffers giving that sabbath day is when every rogue, pretender and jerk goes to church for the normal spiritual rituals of no significance. These aspects of the laws have to be circumvented, there has to be a way to keep quoting the Jewish prophet, Malachi to get these congregational goons to keep donating the millions to the pastor's bossom.
Anyway, it's man's nature to want to make a God out of the limitations of his intelligence.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by rhymz(m): 7:38am On Sep 10, 2012
obadiah777: Africans are the real jews wink the shemitic Africans that is
hahahahahah. . .you don bring your dumbness enter here too abi. What next will you say to justify your stupifying ignorance, Caucasians were the real Africans as well. . . Brouhahahahah, what a religious embarrassment.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2012
rhymz: hahahahahah. . .you don bring your dumbness enter here too abi. What next will you say to justify your stupifying ignorance, Caucasians were the real Africans as well. . . Brouhahahahah, what a religious embarrassment.

HOSEA 4 VS 6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee

PROVERBS 1 VS 22 How long, you simpletons, will you insist on being simpleminded? How long will you mockers relish your mocking? How long will you fools hate knowledge? cry RHYMZ HATES KNOWLEDGE cry
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
Jenwitemi: Sabbath is only for the jews. It is not for Africans.

Wise words.
1. No Jew would accept an African as other Jews ... The Jews are Jews, Africans are Africans.
2. I'm not God, so do not rest on Saturdays. imitate what God supposedly did is an insult.
My respects.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 10:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Wise words.
1. No Jew would accept an African as other Jews ... The Jews are Jews, Africans are Africans.
2. I'm not God, so do not rest on Saturdays. mitate what God supposedly did is an insult.
My respects.

Na waooh u tough ooo, where did you forge this qoute from??
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
rhymz: hahahahah. . . You know the problem with Naija Christians, they just follow verbatim traditions and culture whose origins they do not know or understand, the few that manage to do would rather live a lie than tell themselves the truth.
In one hand, Paul comes with a generic form of gnostic interpretation of Jesus's death and ressurection and then throws away the Jewish laws under the bus, saying your plate has been wiped clean the moment you believe that the Murder and fairy tale ressurection of Jesus was because of a sin you don't know when you committed. He goes ahead to say 4ck the jewish laws, you are saved by grace and not by work, for you get to commit sin by knowing the laws, the Jewish laws of course. He says 4uck these laws, Jesus abolished it but then, those greedy church fathers with an intention to cheat, decieve and control people en mass go around cherry picking from these same laws they once taught to their congregation is abrogated, dismissed, wiped clean, discarded and so on,
on the cross of calvary like they claim. Judaic laws like tithing for the Levites and its hig
h priest are not discarded, Christ did not die for Pastor Oyedepo to stop collecting tithe that has given him up to 4 jets. . Lol. . Sabbath day, that is as jewish as it comes, is also
not part of the law that christ got murdered for since it will reduce monies from entering the church coffers giving that sabbath day is when every rogue, pretender and jerk goes
to church for the normal spiritual rituals of no significance. These aspects of the laws
have to be circumvented, there has to be a way to keep quoting the Jewish prophet, Malachi to get these congregational goons to keep donating the millions to the pastor's bossom.
Anyway, it's man's nature to want to make a God out of the limitations of his
intelligence.
My broda which one be ur own na? U won to write novel? I don know where u dey drive to. You don try, at least you contribute grin grin
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 9:24am On Sep 27, 2012
By a preacher, And he says: Think for a moment. Almost everything God says to do, men do not do. Almost everything God saysnot to do, men do. In the Sermon on the Mount, Christ says, “Swear not at all.” Yet people routinely swear, over Bibles in courtrooms and about nearly everything else one can think of. He says, “Love your enemies,” so men hate them and kill them in war, and many other ways. Also in the Sermon on the Mount, He says, “Think not that I am come to destroy the law,” yet preachers declare, “You can’t keep the law. Christ did away with it because He kept it for us.”
Why do human beings seemingly examine the Bible for everything God says in His Word, only to find a reason to do or believe the exact opposite?

SO TRUE !!!
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 9:30am On Sep 27, 2012
Just one chapter of His book explaining why Gods Holy sabbath is still valid.

We have already seen that Christ’s custom was to enter the synagogue “on the sabbath day” (Luke 4:16). We also saw that He is “Lord of the sabbath” (Mark 2:28) and that He never changes (Mal. 3:6; Heb. 13: 8
But what other New Testament evidence is there of Sabbath observance? Are there other passages revealing what day Paul kept—and what day he used to teach those Gentiles God was converting? Let’s examine a series of verses, first referenced in all capital letters.
Paul and Barnabas Teach on the Sabbath
ACTS 13:14-15, 42-44 contains an account of Paul and Barnabas teaching Jews on the Sabbath: “But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue ON THE SABBATH DAY, and sat down. And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, You men and brethren, if you have any word of exhortation for the people, say on” (vs. 14-15).
The account picks up in verse 42: “And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them THE NEXT SABBATH.” Why would he not tell them to just show up thenext day—Sunday—instead of requiring them to wait an entire week, until the next Sabbath, for further instruction? The account says nothing of Paul telling the Gentiles that they no longer had an obligation to keep the Sabbath—that it had been done away. While one mightsuppose that the Jews still carried this obligation, why did Paul not at least explain to the Gentiles, in a message about the “grace of God,” that the Law had been nailed to the cross? He could have easily explained that the Sabbath was no longer binding in the New Testament era.
Notice verse 43: “Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the GRACE OF GOD.”
But more time passed. People wanted to hear more of the “word of God.” Paul required everyone to wait another week—a second time. Another lost opportunity to point the Gentiles to Sunday. Now read: “AndTHE NEXT SABBATH DAY came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God” (vs. 44). “Continuing in the grace of God” meant learning to observe the Sabbath!
Gentiles Also Assemble on Sabbath
The next passage, ACTS 15:1-2, 14-21, yields important understanding. Examine it closely. Certain Jews had come to Antioch seeking to teach newly converted Gentiles that they must keep the law of Moses and be circumcised to be saved. It states “no small dissension” arose between Paul and Barnabas and these teachers. A conference of ministers was necessary to resolve the question of what was binding on Gentiles. Paul and Barnabas went to Jerusalem to confer with the apostles and elders.
James announced the final decision: “Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: But that WE WRITE UNTO THEM, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood” (vs. 19-20).
Let’s examine James’ statement. Some assert that James did not tell them that the Ten Commandments were binding on Gentiles. Of course, he did not say this! The Commandments were not in question. Rather, circumcision and obedience to the law of Moses were the issues in dispute. Think a moment. Would any suggest that, because James did not mention the Ten Commandments, he was tacitly approving cursing, killing, adultery, stealing, lying, etc.? Ridiculous!
How far some will go to get away from the Fourth Commandment!
James did mention four points in Moses’ law that should still be kept. Now notice verse 21: “For Moses of old time has in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues EVERY SABBATH DAY.” This verse is crucial. It reveals that Gentile converts were attending services and hearing the first five books of the Law “every Sabbathday.” The New Testament records this important clue for those seeking to know which day God’s people were keeping after Christ’s Church began—“every” week.
Why did the apostle’s letter not tell the Gentiles to stop meeting “every Sabbath”? Think of it. This is a giant omission—an enormous missed opportunity to correct what many believe is the greatest burden of all—Sabbath-keeping! It is evident that Gentile converts were routinely instructed to begin meeting on the Sabbath day. This is the message ofverse 21!
Another Account
Next we examine ACTS 16:12-15 , an account of Paul and Silas observing the Sabbath in Philippi. Careful reading of the account shows that it was a custom for people to meet on a river bank each Sabbath: “And from there to Philippi…and we were in that city abiding certain days. And ON THE SABBATH we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spoke unto the women which resorted there. And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul. And…she was baptized.”
Obviously, Paul and those with him kept the Sabbath each week. This required them to find where Sabbath assembly regularly took place locally.
Paul Kept the Sabbath
The next account, ACTS 18:1-11 , is remarkable. It reveals that Paul worked during the week and kept the Sabbath—“every” Sabbath: “After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; and found a certain Jew named Aquila…with his wife Priscilla…and came unto them. And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers. And he reasoned in the synagogue EVERY SABBATH, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks[Gentiles]…and he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them” (vs. 1-4,11). Eighteen months is equivalent to78 weekly Sabbaths on which Paul taught God’s Word!
Verse 6 shows that the Jews became angry and, blaspheming, departed from Paul. This left him teachingGentiles only—and yet he continued teaching them on the Sabbath! The argument that he met on the Sabbath to satisfy the Jews holds no water.
Paul taught both Jews and Gentileseach Sabbath. And he worked the other six days in accord with “Six days shall you labor, and do all your work.” If Paul was also observing Sunday, he would have been routinely violating the other aspect of the Sabbath command, having but five days to work.
Finally, notice that Acts 17:2 states that Paul, when in Thessalonica, “…as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the Scriptures.” This was also a Gentile city.
The pattern is clear. Paul kept the Sabbath, meeting with and teaching brethren everywhere he went. Now consider what he instructed theGentile Corinthians: “Be you followers of me, even as I also am of Christ” (I Cor. 11:1).
But is Sunday Mentioned in the New Testament?
What we have just seen should settle the question of which day New Testament converts—Jews andGentiles—observed. The matter should be settled. But human nature still looks for evidence to prove Sunday is the New Testament day of worship.
Does the New Testament mentionSunday? No, but it does mention the “first day of the week” in eight places. They are not difficult to examine. Before we begin, recognize that at least one of these passages must clearly authorize Sunday observance. In light of all the Old and New Testament evidence we have seen, such a passage, to even be considered, must carry absoluteauthority supporting Sunday!
John 20:19
“Then the same day at evening, being THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and said unto them, Peace be unto you.” Was this a Sunday worship service? Was it to celebrate Christ’s Resurrection?
Christ had just been resurrected—late Sabbath afternoon, between 3 and 6 p.m. Some disciples had gone to the tomb early Sunday morning to see if He was there. Other accounts we will review demonstrate that He was already gone—already “risen.” His first opportunity to see the disciples would have been on Sunday—the first day of the week. He had just been horribly tortured and crucified, and gone for three days in the tomb. It was natural for Christ to meet with them right after this had happened.
The account says nothing of this being a “worship service,” or a “resurrection service.” The brethren were meeting privately, probably secretly in a closed room, “for fear of the Jews.” Remember, the Jews had crucified their friend and Master. They would have had much to discuss. Also remember that they had all been living together in this single upper room (Acts 1:13). It was also impossible that the meeting was some kind of “Sunday resurrection celebration,” because the disciples did not believe that Jesus was risen (Mark 16:14; Luke 24:37, 39, 41)!
There is certainly nothing in this account that references either Sunday or that the Sabbath is done away. Therefore, we conclude that it contains no authority for changing God’s Sabbath to Sunday.
Matthew 28:1
“In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher.”
Matthew wrote this verse six years after this event occurred. Take the passage at face value. Matthew used the Sabbath as a point of reference—to show that it was drawing toward or into the first day of the week from what he still understood was the Sabbath. This is the point being made. The Sabbath was still the seventh day of the week from Matthew’s perspective—and he wrote under inspiration of God!
Consider one other point. Matthew is describing events that occurred three days after Christ supposedly abolished the Sabbath, with all other things that were supposedly “done away,” or “nailed to the cross.” This verse refutes the argument that merely “keeping any day in seven holy” is acceptable.
This second passage in no way authorizes Sunday-keeping. No religious or resurrection service is mentioned. It does introduce the third reference.
Mark 16:2
“And very early in the morning THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, they came unto the sepulcher at the rising of the sun.”
Mark wrote his gospel account ten years after Christ’s Resurrection. Like Matthew, he still uses the Sabbath as a reference. His purpose for using “the first day of the week” was merely to identify when Mary Magdalene and two other women (vs. 1) came to the tomb to anoint Christ’s body with spices. This passage carries no authorization for Sunday-keeping, and speaks nothing of any kind of religious service.
The fourth reference is a few verses later.
Mark 16:9
“Now when Jesus was risen early THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven devils.”
Some use Mark 16:9 to prove the Sunday resurrection theory. Simply reading the verse shows it does not say Christ “was rising,” but rather He “was risen” from the grave. It uses past tense because, as we have seen, Christ had been gone from the grave for about twelve hours (since late Saturday afternoon) by this time on Sunday morning. Again, there is no reference to any kind of resurrection service.
This verse is nothing more than a factual account of Mary Magdalene appearing at the tomb. It carries no greater meaning than this. There is no statement about Sunday-keeping, worship services or doing away with the Sabbath.
Luke 24:1
“Now upon THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulcher, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.”
Comparing this account with the parallel account in Matthew and Mark reveals that these women had waited until the Sabbath was over to do certain work. One verse earlier, inLuke 23:56, it states that these women had “rested the sabbath dayACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT.”
This would be strange if the women had been taught, throughout Christ’s 3½-year ministry, that He intended to “nail the Sabbath to the cross.” Of course, they knew that the Sabbath was ordained forever and that Christ did not abolish it. How could these women “rest…according to the commandment” if the Fourth Commandment had been done away?
Does Luke 24:1 authorize Sunday-keeping? Quite the opposite! It validates Sabbath-keeping, as do the accounts of Matthew and Mark, written years later. Luke actually emphasizes that the first day of the week is a normal work day.
John 20:1
“THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK comes Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulcher, and sees the stone taken away from the sepulcher.”
This account merely validates Matthew, Mark and Luke. It contains nothing new. However, John wrote his gospel 63 years after Christ’s Resurrection. At the end of the first century, he held no doubt about whether the Sabbath was still in effect. No authorization for a change here either! (The next chapter discusses in detail the subject of Christ’s Resurrection, and whether it was on Sunday.)
Acts 20:7-8
“And upon THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together.”
This account does, in fact, speak of a religious meeting on the first day of the week. But the last phrase demonstrates that it had grown dark—“there were many lights.” This was because Paul had continued his Sabbath preaching “until midnight.” Since God counts days from sunset to sunset (Lev. 23:32; Gen. 1:5, 8,13, 19, 23, 31), this was what we would call Saturday night. It had nothing to do with a Sunday morning worship service. Paul was a visiting apostle. Such an event was special, and people wanted to hear him preach as long as possible. And it was a farewell sermon.
What Does “Break Bread” Mean?
This is an interesting account for other reasons. Paul was visiting the Troas congregation immediately after the Days of Unleavened Bread (vs. 6). Here is what the others traveling with him did: “And we went before to ship, and sailed unto Assos, there intending to take in Paul: For so had he appointed, minding himself to go afoot. And when he met with us at Assos, we took him in, and came to Mitylene” (vs. 13-14).
Paul’s plan was to walk an arduous journey of 19½ miles across a peninsula to meet his companions. These men had to sail 60 miles around the peninsula to their rendezvous point with Paul. Both Paul and his companions were going to be doing very hard work, all day, on the first day of the week. They had enjoyed the Sabbath together and Paul was “ready to depart on the morrow” (vs. 6), or Sunday morning.Verse 6 also shows that this occasion had occurred “after the days of unleavened bread”—one of God’s annual Feasts.
Again, Paul had spent an entire Sabbath preaching to the brethren, continuing well into Saturday night—or the first day of the week—which started at sundown Saturday evening. Some claim Acts 20:7refers to keeping the Lord’s Supper on Sunday morning because the term “break bread” was used. This assumption is not true. Paul’s long preaching had left people hungry. It was midnight. They wanted to eat. This is why verse 11 says those present “had broken bread and eaten.” This was an ordinary meal, not the observing of the Lord’s Supper. Other passages prove this.
Acts 2:46 speaks of the disciples who, “continuing daily…breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness.” The account shows that the brethren were doing this daily. Obviously, human beings do eat daily.
Further, Acts 27:34-35 explains, “Wherefore…take some meat…he [Paul] took bread…and when he had broken it, he began to eat.” Finally, even Christ said, in Matthew 26:29, that He would not take the “Lord’s Supper” until after He had returned to earth and was in His kingdom. However, Luke 24:30, at a later time, shows Him to have sat “at meat,” or eating a meal, with the disciples. He broke bread and blessed it on that occasion. There are cultures today, particularly in Europe, who still use the term “break bread” to mean the actual breaking of a certain type of bread as they eat a meal.
The Acts 20 account provides no authority for Sunday-worship. It is not even talking about Sunday morning, except that Paul had an all-day walk ahead of him starting then. Rather, it validates that the brethren met on the Sabbath with Paul, and that he and his companions were perfectly willing to perform hard labor—after the Sabbath, on the first day of the week.
I Corinthians 16:2
“Upon THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK let every one of you lay by him in store, as God has prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.”
Before examination, let’s read the first three verses of this chapter to put verse 2 in context: “Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do you. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God has prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come. And when I come, whomsoever you shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.”
This passage supposedly gives authority for passing the “collection plate” every Sunday. Does it represent a general command to allChristians, for all time, to give freewill offerings at “Sunday services”? No! However, the passage does speak of an offering, a collection to be taken up for a specific purpose. The offering described here is unique in five ways. As you read these points, see if there is even a remote indication or hint that God in any way commands or authorizes Sunday-keeping through it.
First, it is a specific offering described in Romans 15:25-28: “But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints. For it has pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem. It has pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal [physical] things. When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain.”

This passage shows the collection was “for the poor saints…at Jerusalem.” It was not a collection plate passed on Sunday. The Jerusalem saints were to receive food because they were suffering from drought and famine. The Greek word translated “fruit” can also refer to grain, produce or wine, which can be stored for long periods.
There is no reference to money here. There is also nothing about giving a collection to the minister or a church hierarchy.
Second, it was done at one specifictime—when Paul passed through (“I will come by you into Spain”).
Third, it was given at one specificplace (“let everyone of you lay by him in store”). This is because Paul would come later (vs. 3 – “when I come”) to gather what brethren had been saving at home (“lay by him in store”). This was not an offering kept at the church, or given every—or any—Sunday.
Fourth, this command is specific to the Corinthians (vs. 1). There is no command for Sunday collections here, but merely instruction to local brethren to store an important offering for poor brethren!
Fifth, this letter was received in Corinth during the Days of Unleavened Bread. “First day of the week” should properly be translated “first of the weeks (plural).” The collection was almost certainly to happen immediately after the Days of Unleavened Bread, in the first weekcounting toward Pentecost.
Verse 4—“and if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me”—coupled with verse 3 referencing “them,” shows that it took several people to transport this large offering to Jerusalem. This would not be necessary if it was simply cash and coins taken up in an offering plate. Itwould be necessary if much food and drink was involved.
Eight Passages—No Sunday Authority!
Objective people will admit we have seen no evidence—no proofwhatsoever—for Sunday-keeping in these eight passages. There is not the slightest suggestion in any of them that Sunday should be kept, or that the Sabbath is done away. Nor does Revelation 1:10, mentioned earlier and referencing “the Lord’s day,” have anything to do with Sunday, as some claim. We saw that it refers to the Day of the Lord, or Day of God’s Wrath, to occur just before Christ’s Return.
Instead, we have seen that Christ, Paul and the New Testament brethren (Jews and Gentiles) all kept the Sabbath. BLESSINGS for obedience, andCURSINGS and CAPTIVITY for disobedience—and polluting it—have been explained.
Christians are to “live…by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God” (Matt. 4:4; Luke 4:4). God’s “mouth” has spoken much about how the Sabbath is holy to Him—“blessed” and “hallowed”—and that it commemorates the creation week of the true God. God calls the Sabbath “My holy day” (Isa. 58:13). Truly, the Sabbath is “the Lord’s day.”
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 27, 2012
The Sabbath day the bible refers to is Saturday which is the 7th day of the Jewish Calender.

Sunday is the first day of the Jewish Calender and was altered by the early christians as their day of worship to differentiate themselves

So when you are observing Sunday as Sabbath, remember you are observing the wrong day and breaking the ten commandments. now tell that to Pastor Chris :PThe Sabbath day the bible refers to is Saturday which is the 7th day of the Jewish Calender.

Sunday is the first day of the Jewish Calender and was altered by the early christians as their day of worship to differentiate themselves

So when you are observing Sunday as Sabbath, remember you are observing the wrong day and breaking the ten commandments. now tell that to Pastor Chris tongue
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by Image123(m): 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2012
plap, did you type all these? if yes, I'm impressed, at least it shows you're more serious than copy and paste champions of nl. so, did you type all these?

duh, it's from someone's book. anyway, I'd reply later. hope you'd discuss then.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by ichuka(m): 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2012
DAY by DAY continuing with one mind in the temple,and breaking bread from House to House,they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart,praising God and having favour with all the people.and the Lord was adding to their number Day by Day those who were being saved...Acts2:46-47.
But encourage one another Day after Day,as long as it is still called "TODAY"so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin..Heb3:13.
He again fixes a certain day,"TODAY" saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before"TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEART"....Heb4:7.
We(Christains) had relegated Church meetings to the Jewish form of worship.whereas in the above verses their meetings were Day by Day not only on satuday's or Sunday's but Day after Day.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
Image123: plap, did you type all these? if yes, I'm impressed, at least it shows you're more serious than copy and paste champions of nl. so, did you type all these?

duh, it's from someone's book. anyway, I'd reply later. hope you'd discuss then.

You dey find words abi? grin grin am sure you already know i didn't type all this, I wont have the time na, Its just a "chapter" of A Book on the Saturdat or Sunday which is God's Sabbath.
I will be glad to discuss with you sir.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2012
i.chuka:
DAY by DAY continuing with one mind in the temple,and breaking bread from House to House,they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart,praising God and having favour with all the people.and the Lord was adding to their number Day by Day those who were being saved...Acts2:46-47.
But encourage one another Day after Day,as long as it is still called "TODAY"so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin..Heb3:13.
He again fixes a certain day,"TODAY" saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before"TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEART"....Heb4:7.
We(Christains) had relegated Church meetings to the Jewish form of worship.whereas in the above verses their meetings were Day by Day not only on satuday's or Sunday's but Day after Day.

These people you are talking about didn't do work on Saturday"/Sabbath, they always kept the 7th day Holy (The 4th commandment) as instructed by God. even if they do fellowship everyday is not the issue here.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by Image123(m): 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2012
@plapv

Good, but that doesnt mean you have to compare a "Day set aside" by God to every other days. I don't think we have limits in worshiping God; at thesame time this does not erase God's Holy sabbath. Because, its the only Day that seperate pagans from Believeres, you observe Sunday, Pagans does also, what difference does this make? Do you do work on sabbath day as well?
i'll say to you like unto Peter,
Act 10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
Tit 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

i don't observe any day, sunday, saturday, christmas day, even birthday. But i don't look down on those that observe any of these days, and i respect and participate where necessary. I'm not limited to or under bondage to any day. to me, like the Psalmist, every day is the day that the Lord has made. i can worship God on any day, work on anyday, and rest on any day. That is the position God was trying to take man in the law. the sabbath was made for man, and not the other way round. It is not my observing or not observing the sabbath day that makes me or my worship and fellowship acceptable to God.
Psa 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Does this verse cancelling the Sabbath or making it simple enjoyable for man?
The verse makes us free from the shackles of the law regarding the sabbath.

Remember Apostle Peter warning on Pauls letters.....

2nd Peters 3:15-16: "And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;" 16: "As also in all his epistles,speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

The Apostle Paul wrote how to repent and follow Christ in the keeping of the commandments. However unlearned men and women gather Paul’s writings of salvation which are hard to be understood; and because they are unlearned and unstable about keeping God’s commandments they wrest (Struggle with their lusts, twist the understanding of the scriptures which lead themselves and others to destruction. As a result to this, many teach doctrines that are contrary to the scriptures and solely base their lies upon the letters of Paul.

Some of the doctrines taught today by the unlearned and unstable are as follows:

a: the laws are done away with.(they usually based on acts 15 and Gala 3:11)
b: disobedience to Dietary laws,(this is based on 1timo 4:4)
c: defiling the Sabbath and Holy days(this is usually based on Romans 14:5,6 and Galats 4:9-11 & Col.2:16)

Why isolating certain letters of Paul, and ignoring the fact that the Lord taught us how we should learn the Scriptures.

Isaiah 28:9-10: "9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the bosoms".

10 "For precept must be upon precept, line upon line, here a little and there a little:"

each scripture must clearly balance with the other scriptures so that one has the proper understanding in the bible. If Paul, Jesus and others kept God Holy Sabbath, then, they will expect us to do thesame.

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
This is a very plain scripture, there is no twisting in it, you can read and write. If you want to worship God on saturday, i'm okay with it, but don't shove it down my throat. i'll worship God any day, and will observe my rest as duty, common sense , and the Spirit of God demands. i showed you earlier that even in the Bible, the sabbath could fall on any day. sabbath simply means rest, not saturday.

Lev 23:31 Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.
Lev 23:32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.
Lev 23:24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, a holy convocation.
Lev 23:39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.

These verses from this Leviticus chapter are an example of a sabbath days that would not fall on saturday everytime. You can't be more catholic than the pope abeg.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by rhymz(m): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2012
Image123: plap, did you type all these? if yes, I'm impressed, at least it shows you're more serious than copy and paste champions of nl. so, did you type all these?

lol. . . . If you believe that Plap the slowpoke wrote all that then you could as well believe that a man named Jesus Died on the cross, went to hell to collect the keys his papa forgot with the bad guy satan when he kicked outta his house for trying to flex muscles with him . .lol
Like seriously, why are people so willingly dumb and afraid to question the illogicality and originality of these funny Jesus stories. All these Roman and Jewish fairy tales only make sense to congregations that have been numbed into gullibility with years of church mass indoctrination and mind-programming. People like me that saw the whole plot and decided to ask questions which till today have not been answered are called all sorts of names for our intellectectual rebellion and logical disagreement with their incongrous fairy tales.
These days quoting the bible is the quickest and easiest way to numb people into accepting all manner of money making schemes.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by Image123(m): 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
You would not do laundry, heavy cooking (that takes hours), shopping, watch movies or lots of television or house cleaning on the Sabbath.
These are man made laws, they won't make you holier or closer to God. Keeping them or not keeping them does not damn anybody into hell fire.
Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the usingwink after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a show of wisdom in will-worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honor to the satisfying of the flesh.

Was a special day iwouldsay. These days, there be many a special day. Sunday, they say, is the Lord's day, aint that special too? October 1 is a special day, so also is july 4 and september 11. heck, my anniversaries are special days too. today is also special.
Psa 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Mat 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.

Luke 23:56 Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.

I think the Sabbath is a total rest, doing any kind of Job, cooking, lundry, cleaning of home etc... may lead to breaking it.
Jesus did many wonderful works on the sabbath day. he even said that that's the way His Father worked.

Joh 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
Joh 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I WORK.

He worked on the sabbath day, and it made the 'godly' people of His time very angry. The verse you referenced is a respect for the norms of the land, even as they do not contradict the will of God. It's the same thing i talked of earlier, spiritual maturity if i may borrow that word. Maturity is not looking down on others as inferior, and damned souls who haven't seen the light. It is a giving of no offence, ad much as possible or lieth in thee, to live peaceable with all men.

But what other New Testament evidence is there of Sabbath observance? Are there other passages revealing what day Paul kept—and what day he used to teach those Gentiles God was converting? Let’s examine a series of verses, first referenced in all capital letters.
it's either ignorance or dishonesty that will make anyone to conclude that either Paul or Jesus only did whatever they did on the sabbath days. Of course its common sense for them to go to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, because most of the jews would gather on that day to hear the Word of God. It was more of a taking advantage of available opportunities to preach the gospel. but they also preached, prayed, taught, healed, worshipped on any other day.

Act 2:46 And they, continuing[b] daily[/b] with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
These new converts went to the temple daily, not just on the sabbath days. Also,

Act 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight

Paul was a wise masterbuilder, and so were the other apostles, and all christians should also be wise and harmless. When paul got to a new location, he'd first look for jews and speak to hem on their meeting days, which was of course the sabbath.(Act 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: Act 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the Scriptures)
Like Jesus said,
Joh 4:37 And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.
Joh 4:38 I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labor: other men labored, and ye are entered into their labors.

It's easier to preach to those who believe there is God, probably have a Bible, have some fear of God and reverence, speak your language, are your skin color etc, than a total stranger. So Paul and co, as their manner was usually started from the known, building a base to the unknown. he wasn't forever waiting for the sabbath day to share,
Act 17:17 Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

Does the New Testament mentionSunday? No, but it does mention the “first day of the week” in eight places. They are not difficult to examine. Before we begin, recognize that at least one of these passages must clearly authorize Sunday observance.

1Cor 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
This is a clear evidence that the early christians were not limited to meeting only on a saturday. these set of people met, at least for a period of time, on the first day of the week. Lastly, i'll re-echo the Word of command from the Spirit of God.
Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by seyibrown(f): 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2012
Mark 2: 27 - Then Jesus said to them, "The Sabbath was made to meet the needs of people, and not people to meet the requirements of the Sabbath.
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2012
Image123:
These are man made laws, they won't make you holier or closer to God. Keeping them or not keeping them does not damn anybody into hell fire.
Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle notwink
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the usingwinkafter the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a show of wisdom in will-worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honor to the satisfying of the flesh.

Was a special day i would say. These days, there be many a special day. Sunday, they say, is the Lord's day, aint that special too? October 1 is a special day, so also is july 4 and september 11. heck, my anniversaries are special days too. today is also special.
Mat 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.

Jesus did many wonderful works on the sabbath day. he even said that that's the way His Father worked.

Joh 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
Joh 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I WORK.

He worked on the sabbath day, and it made the 'godly' people of His time very angry. The verse you referenced is a respect for the norms of the land, even as they do not contradict the will of God. It's the same thing i talked of earlier, spiritual maturity if i may borrow that word. Maturity is not looking down on others as inferior, and damned souls who haven't seen the light. It is a giving of no offence, ad much as possible or lieth in thee, to live peaceable with all men.

it's either ignorance or dishonesty that will make anyone to conclude that either Paul or Jesus only did whatever they did on the sabbath days. Of course its common sense for them to go to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, because most of the jews would gather on that day to hear the Word of God. It was more of a taking advantage of available opportunities to preach the gospel. but they also preached, prayed, taught, healed, worshipped on any other day.

Act 2:46 And they, continuing[b] daily[/b] with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
These new converts went to the temple daily, not just on the sabbath days. Also,

Act 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight

Paul was a wise masterbuilder, and so were the other apostles, and all christians should also be wise and harmless. When paul got to a new location, he'd first look for jews and speak to hem on their meeting days, which was of course the sabbath.(Act 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: Act 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the Scriptures)
Like Jesus said,
Joh 4:37 And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.
Joh 4:38 I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labor: other men labored, and ye are entered into their labors.

It's easier to preach to those who believe there is God, probably have a Bible, have some fear of God and reverence, speak your language, are your skin color etc, than a total stranger. So Paul and co, as their manner was usually started from the known, building a base to the unknown. he wasn't forever waiting for the sabbath day to share,
Act 17:17 Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

1Cor 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
This is a clear evidence that the early christians were not limited to meeting only on a saturday. these set of people met, at least for a period of time, on the first day of the week. Lastly, i'll re-echo the Word of command from the Spirit of God.
Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

I will not qoute you step by step because it will confuss me as ur post is long. But i would like to qoute this very one then after treat the others.

Image123:

Do you mean that Sabbath the 7th Day of Rest given by God. Is "man made? when you talk about (Touch not; taste not; handle not;, were these not Gods Laws in the OT? how is it man made!

(Lev 11:1-8 NKJV) Now the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, {2} "Speak to the children of Israel, saying, 'These are the animals which you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth: {3} 'Among the animals, whatever divides the hoof, having cloven hooves and chewing the cud; that you may eat. {4} 'Nevertheless these you shall not eat among those that chew the cud or those that have cloven hooves: the camel, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you; {5} 'the rock hyrax, [a small rodent-like animal], because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you; {6} 'the hare, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you; {7} 'and the swine, though it divides the hoof, having cloven hooves, yet does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. {8}[size=14pt] 'Their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch. They are unclean to you.[/size]

Now we have to treat the "THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK/THE LORDS DAY issue.

Acts 20:7 “And upon the first DAY of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them,
ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.”

As you can see, this meeting was held at night. If you read on you will find in the next verse it mentioned the "Plenty lights in the upper chamber.”
Later in verse 11 it also states after they ate, PAUL “talked a long while, even till break of day.” The question then is,
will you now say this was a church service because they broke bread, and since it was on the “first day” it must mean the "Sabbath was changed?

If you define this as a church service, Then this must be the "method" the church should operate today.
If Acts 20:7 is the definitive proof we need to validate Sabbath being changed from the seventh day
The first day of the week, all Sunday keeping churches must..

Hold church at NIGHT, hold church EVERY NIGHT and also hold church TILL THE BREAK OF DAY.

Are you aware that God calls Sunday a work day in Exodus 23:12; 31:15; 34:21; 35:2, Leviticus 23:3, Deuteronomy 5:13, Ezekiel 46:1 and Luke 13:14?
Take your time to study these verses. One of the reason why the church today claim that the Sabbath is now Sunday is simply because, John uses the term "The Lord's DAY."
Ignoring the fact that Scriptures already define the seventh day Sabbath as the Lord's day ages prior in Isaiah 58:13
When The Lord calling....., "The sabbath, (my holy day)”.Jesus Himself stated in Matthew 12:8 that, "the Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath day.”
"
God called the Sababth "MY HOLY DAY"
Jesus said He is the "Lord of the Holy Day" Isn't this a symbol of how Holy this Day should be? Christian keep blind eyes to accept that Constantine made this change,
The excuse they use is Holding on to.... "ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK" while ignoring the thousands of years SABBATH Given by God.

I would like you to do me a help, can you provide me at least 4 verses that clearly says that, The SUNDAY IS NOW GODS HOLY DAY? (SABBATH)
We have seen in the above posts How God openly gave Saturday the 7th day as His sabbath(REST). If God had changed this Day,
He would do it without putting his children into confusion because His words says......
1 Corinthians 14:33 "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints".
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2012
seyibrown: Mark 2: 27 - Then Jesus said to them, "The Sabbath was made to meet the needs of people, and not people to meet the requirements of the Sabbath.

Does this means it was replaced/changed from Saturday to Sunday?
Re: Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? by plappville(f): 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2012
rhymz: lol. . . . If you believe that Plap the slowpoke wrote all that then you could as well believe that a man named Jesus Died on the cross, went to hell to collect the keys his papa forgot with the bad guy satan when he kicked outta his house for trying to flex muscles with him . .lol
Like seriously, why are people so willingly dumb and afraid to question the illogicality and originality of these funny Jesus stories. All these Roman and Jewish fairy tales only make sense to congregations that have been numbed into gullibility with years of church mass indoctrination and mind-programming. People like me that saw the whole plot and decided to ask questions which till today have not been answered are called all sorts of names for our intellectectual rebellion and logical disagreement with their incongrous fairy tales.
These days quoting the bible is the quickest and easiest way to numb people into accepting all manner of money making schemes.

What an un invited tombo fly !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy… As Authorities Humiliate Chris Oyakhi / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me / Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 196
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.