Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title (18504 Views)

David Mark Bags Chieftaincy Title In Ohimini, Benue (pics) / Fayose Openly Declines Omojuwa’s Invitation / Dino Melaye Bags Chieftaincy Title (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Starlett: 5:51am On Sep 09, 2012
Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola on Saturday politely declined the honour of a chieftaincy title from a royal father, Oniru of Iru land, Lagos, Oba Abidun Idowu Oniru.

He, however, received the award of excellence conferred on him by the monarch who was celebrating his 75th birthday and 18th coronation anniversary. While expressing his appreciation to Oba Oniru for honouring him, Fashola said the task of governance required absolute focus and would want the chieftaincy title to wait for now.

He said, “Kabiyesi and his chiefs can continue to lead us, let them deal with all those traditional and chieftaincy issues. At the appropriate time, we will come and join them, but for now, leave us in our suits, booths, overalls and helmets, because this agbada is not good for clearing refuse and tarring the roads.”

On the award for excellence, Fashola said it was not for him; rather he dedicated it to all the civil servants in the state who he said were responsible for the giant strides of his administration.

Fashola said “This award does not belong to me; it belongs to all the public servants in Lagos State who do the great work that is responsible for the progress in the state.”

While acknowledging the mornach’s exemplary leadership and support for his administration and his predecessors, the governor expressed his gratitude to the Oniru on behalf of members of the state executive council.

He confessed that when the state Commissioner for Waterfront Infrastructure, Prince Segun Oniru, informed him of the event, and told him that the Kabiyesi wanted to present him with something, he had made it clear that he would not attend the event if what the Kabiyesi wanted to present to him was going to be a chieftaincy title, but that Oniru had assured him that that would not be the case.

Former Lagos State governor and national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Senator Bola Tinubu was also conferred with an award of excellence.

But Tinubu was not present as he had travelled to the United States.

Other dignitaries at the occasion included the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade, Oba Abdulfatai Aromire Ojora, Oba Tijani Akinloye, Chief GOK Ajayi, (SAN), former Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Sunday Adewusi, chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Diaspora, Mrs. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, as well as all the white cap chiefs.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fashola-declines-obas-chieftaincy-title/
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 09, 2012
please let this man run for president...please

15 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Jakumo(m): 6:24am On Sep 09, 2012
Future president Raji Fashola SAN is without question the greatest Nigerian leader alive today. Under Fashola's guidance, Lagos state is being transformed from the squalid sewer of sub-Saharan Africa, into a clean, modern, orderly and productive city that lives up to its billing as the commercial capital of Nigeria.

A man given to productivity and regional development, rather than to pointless vanity and ceremony, it is no surprise that Fashola has rejected another of the many superfluous titles and honors offered him by his grateful constituents, for he knows that his legacy as state governor lies not in the various appelations that could be added to his name, but in the tangible improvements he can bring about for his city and state.

25 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by obowunmi(m): 7:45am On Sep 09, 2012
Awaiting Fashola in Aso-Rock.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by BlackPikiN(m): 8:07am On Sep 09, 2012
Yeah Fashola without Tinubu!!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by PaulJohn1: 9:21am On Sep 09, 2012
This man Fashola is an exceptional leader. Wonder what Nigeria would have been if every leader is thinking like this man. His skill of addressing issue is just outstanding.

BRF for president.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by ebamma(m): 10:03am On Sep 09, 2012
BlackPikiN: Yeah Fashola without Tinubu!!
yeah blackpikin is a mumu

1 Like

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by BlackPikiN(m): 10:04am On Sep 09, 2012
^^^Your entire generation na the biggest mumu. Goat!
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by 9icest: 10:05am On Sep 09, 2012
One thing is certain, fash will run for presidency come 2015, but will the tribal stupydity of Nigerians get him there?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by SamMilla1(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2012
obowunmi: Awaiting Fashola in Aso-Rock.

Because he declined chieftancy title ?

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by luvinhubby(m): 10:07am On Sep 09, 2012
ebamma:
yeah blackpikin is a mumu
As if Tinubu is not a celebrated thief. Mtweee.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 09, 2012
Nice one from BRF! If it were some other silly governors they would gladly accept to be conferred with chieftancy tiltles as if its a gateway to heaven! undecided

1 Like

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by luvinhubby(m): 10:10am On Sep 09, 2012
[quote author=Sam Milla]
Because he declined chieftancy title ?[/quote
I wonder oo, do you know how many i declined myself. POLITICAL ACROBATICS.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Desola(f): 10:11am On Sep 09, 2012
I really don't care for him being the president of Nigeria but willing him to become the governor of the western region or if push comes to shove - the president of Oodua nation. In the meantime however, it would be great if the other ACN governors can borrow leaves from his book and start taking strides to overhaul their respective states in the manner in which 'Fash' has done. In this case, Ogun state has no excuse for not being half as developed as Lagos given its proximity.

Well done, Fash. Yoruba is proud of you!

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 09, 2012
Sam Milla:

ah wonder o,because he declined chieftancy title we shuld now vote 4 him as president,sum of you do tink wit Ur anus.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by doctokwus: 10:13am On Sep 09, 2012
Fashola has his flaws,but in a land full of mediocre RULERS,he is a soothing balm dat shows d blackman still has people dat can think out leadership ideals.In a land where a ph.d president appears no better than a primary school drop-out,fashola gives d belief dat someday down d road mediocrity can give way for intellectual effort at problem solving.

12 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by fm7070: 10:18am On Sep 09, 2012
Fashola is a role model of our generation. unbiase, liberal in thinking and ideology
this are the kind of peeople we need if we truly need change in this country

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 09, 2012
He shuld transfer the title to me. I will wear the agbada without complaining.

Well this is commendable especially if there no hidden reason for rejection, except the aforementioned.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by akpunku1: 10:22am On Sep 09, 2012
ok nah
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by texbaba1: 10:28am On Sep 09, 2012
fashola has always impressed me with actions and reactions. what baflles me most is that nobody knew a man like this existed in this country full of self glorifying politicians. i knw a whole lot of other governors who would have jumped at the offer. it shows that fashola is focused at the present and has the future at heart. Dont worry sir, countless awards nd titles will come in due course after ur meritorious service. i also believe that ther are alot more fashola's in this country, pple who are focused on the task of elevating the quality of life of their fellow citizen but who dont have the opportunity at leadership. i for one can say that i am fashola 'typed', some of us dont just criticise, when given the opportunity, we make a difference. i pray to have the opportunity at leadership in my life time. All hail fash baba.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by FindOut(m): 10:30am On Sep 09, 2012
As in forget, if Fashola didnt have Tinubu breathing down his back the whole time, while greedily cornering resources for himself despite having left office, Lagos state would have gone far. As in VERY FAR. I dont agree with all of Fashola's decisions, especially the LASU fees hike,'& his seeming inability to stand up tp the BAT on some decisions especially the Toll gate issue, but no doubt, he's a good administrator albeit with his shortcomings as a human being. The other guy, BAT, is just a THIEF.

So, Tinubu & his huge entourage of minions are not yet back from the convention in NC. Interesting.

Starlett:

He said, “Kabiyesi and his chiefs can continue to lead us, let them deal with all those traditional and chieftaincy issues. At the appropriate time, we will come and join them, but for now, leave us in our suits, booths, overalls and helmets, because this agbada is not good for clearing refuse and tarring the roads.”

On the award for excellence, Fashola said it was not for him; rather he dedicated it to all the civil servants in the state who he said were responsible for the giant strides of his administration.

Fashola said “This award does not belong to me; it belongs to all the public servants in Lagos State who do the great work that is responsible for the progress in the state.”

He confessed that when the state Commissioner for Waterfront Infrastructure, Prince Segun Oniru, informed him of the event, and told him that the Kabiyesi wanted to present him with something, he had made it clear that he would not attend the event if what the Kabiyesi wanted to present to him was going to be a chieftaincy title, but that Oniru had assured him that that would not be the case.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fashola-declines-obas-chieftaincy-title/

In essence: "Oba, i dont want anything from you. if you like continue sandfilling VI & selling at hundreds of millions of naira, building houses on what is supposed to be water. Soon, I will stop granting C of Os to land in those areas & when the time comes if necessary, I will demolish all those mansions (some of whose C of Os were signed by my predecessor AFTER he left office & backdated - i dont care) to save my state's waterways. Now if you'll excuse me, I have better things to attend to, & dont ever send your son to me again with this type of rubbish invitation. As for you, Prince, God save you say no be me appoint you (dey thank your Lion for bourdillon), i for don sack you, shey u kno."

grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by wandeay: 10:32am On Sep 09, 2012
i hate all dis so-called chieftancy title here and there, just to generate money to their pocket, thats all
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 09, 2012
nigerians are easily impressed. benjamin zephaniah rejected an OBE from the queen of england. nobody asked him to contest for anything.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Desola(f): 10:37am On Sep 09, 2012
obadiah777: nigerians are easily impressed. benjamin zephaniah rejected an OBE from the queen of england. nobody asked him to contest for anything.

No one is asking him to contest purely on the basis that he declined a title but he is being willed based on his antecedent and the great prosperity he has brought to Lagos. If he can do it for in the smallest state with the most population, then trust me, he can do much more for the 36 states with the vast revenue wrongly at the disposal of the retardeen you currently call president.

11 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by sambos994(m): 10:41am On Sep 09, 2012
Fashola for presidency 2015. He has transformed Lagos. And if you don't agree, at least agree that HE IS TRYING, something that typical Nigerian politicians would not do.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 09, 2012
Desola:

No one is asking him to contest purely on the basis that he declined a title but he is being willed based on his antecedent and the great prosperity he has brought to Lagos. If he can do it for in the smallest state with the most population, then trust me, he can do much more for the 36 states with the vast revenue wrongly at the disposal of the retardeen you currently call president.
it's far easier to govern a state,than to govern nigeria especially as she is presently.
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Olaone1: 10:48am On Sep 09, 2012
hmmm
Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Desola(f): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2012
centje: it's far easier to govern a state,than to govern nigeria especially as she is presently.

Enlighten me then, please. How hard is it to receive money from 36 states and then redistribute it? The retardeen receives tax revenues from Lagos and gives a percentage of the oil derivatives to Lagos and other states and the huge percentage it keeps for itself is used for foreign trips and paying for a tummy tuck for a greedy obese woman who eats a billion pounds of her own flesh in food. The remaining percentage which is meant to use to provide security for the lives of the citizenry is being used to pay for the upkeep for an asewo in the name of Deizani and to keep the pockets of the millitant filled so as to stop them from bombing their avenue for looting and you tell me that is difficult? You have got to be a joker or betterstill from the moon.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by mcevans1(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2012
Ogbiaboy: ah wonder o,because he declined chieftancy title we shuld now vote 4 him as president,sum of you do tink wit Ur anus.

Uranus grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by sexyglow(f): 10:54am On Sep 09, 2012
Sam Milla:

Nah he's focused and doesn't want to be distracted.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by solomon111(m): 10:56am On Sep 09, 2012
Desola:

prosperity in lagos?
Where in lagos,cos i can't see any.
The residents of bariga,yaba,mushin,oyingbo,and all parts of mainland will stone you,if they hear you say such in the public.
The only people enjoying his government are those in the island and ikeja.
As far as a lot of people are concerned,fashola is a 'rich man governor'.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Declines Oba’s Chieftaincy Title by Dotman01(m): 10:57am On Sep 09, 2012
centje: it's far easier to govern a state,than to govern nigeria especially as she is presently.
Hell no. . . Lagos isnt an ordinary state. A state with population more than Togo and Benin rep.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dambazau Receives Igbo Chieftaincy Title Of Ochiagha (WAR GENERAL) / Suggest Propaganda Topics For Buhari/APC And Win Prices / Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.