Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,603 members, 7,840,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Police Shoot PDP Chieftain’s Son In Bauchi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Shoot PDP Chieftain’s Son In Bauchi (621 Views)

Fashola, Wife And Son In A Long Queue In A Polling Unit / Police Shoot Anti-boko Haram Protesters In Borno / Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Shoot PDP Chieftain’s Son In Bauchi by Omoswags(m): 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2012
It was wailing and weeping Friday night for the family of one-time National Organizing Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Umaru Dahiru, Baraden Bauchi, when his son was killed by people suspected to be security men in Bauchi metropolis.

Sunday Trust correspondent gathered from the family that the late son of PDP chieftain, Suleiman Umaru Dahiru, aged 31, was a biological son of the elder sister of the Emir of Bauchi, Alhaji Rilwanu Suleiman Adamu. The deceased was a staff of the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA), Abuja.

A family friend of the deceased, Nasiru Ibrahim Darazo, said the man was killed when he was driving very close to his father’s residence ,along Murtala Muhammed road, opposite the Gwallaga Juma’at mosque in Bauchi city. The father of the deceased, Alhaji Umaru Dahiru, the Baraden Bauchi, described the demise of his son as very unfortunate.

He narrated, “We had a wedding ceremony in my house around 11:00am, which was attended by many people. Many women who attended the ceremony don’t have vehicles, so my boys used their cars to convey them.

“Baba Sule [the deceased] was one of them. He made about eight trips. Then, we did not see him. We did not know what happened to him. We tried to find out his whereabouts. “Later in the night, we heard gun shots near my house. I don’t know why they followed him. We don’t know who they were following. “We began to search. Around 10:00am, we were told to check Gida Block. We saw his car with blood stains on the major road opposite Gwallaga Juma’at mosque. We saw blood inside his vehicle and the vehicle had many bullet holes.

“We were asked to check his corpse in the hospital. We saw his corpse there. I don’t know why they killed him. We only discovered his body at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Teaching Hospital as a result of the bullets wound he sustained.”

A Personal Assistant to the father of the deceased, Umar Musa, told Sunday Trust that “from the reports we gathered, the deceased was killed by the Joint Patrol Team comprising police and army.

“When they killed him, they took his vehicle to Gidan Block from the main road and policemen took him to hospital.”

A close friend of the family Nasiru Ibrahim Darazo hinted that Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Teaching Hospital (ATBUTH), Bauchi refused to release the corpse because he was taken there by police and the hospital must get permission from the police to release it. In a telephone interview with Sunday Trust, Bauchi State Police Commissioner Mohammed Ladan said, “I’ve not received the report. In fact, I am hearing it for the first time from you.”

A reliable source from the Bauchi State security operatives told Sunday Trust that the deceased was pursued and shot because he defied orders from road block. The Chief Medical Director of the ATBUTH, Dr Mohammad Alkali, said the police brought the deceased to the hospital alive around 2:00am for treatment, but he died while receiving treatment. The death has caused much uproar in Bauchi. The body was buried yesterday.

sundaytrust.com.ng
Re: Police Shoot PDP Chieftain’s Son In Bauchi by ymcmbdiva(f): 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2012
Jesus, dis is inhumane dere is just no excuse to take one's life especially wen dey pose no threat to anyone. What kinda security are, may his soul rest in peace

(1) (Reply)

Orient Petrol: Obi Slams Enugu, Kogi Communities’ Claim On Oil Deposits / Ouk Youths Foundation 4 Peace And United Nigeria / How Are You Going To Celebrate NIGERIA @52

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.