Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

2002 Accord Idling Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2002 Accord Idling Problem (4123 Views)

Please Is It Bad To Run You Engine Idling With D A/C On For A Long Time. / My Car Vibrates When Engine Is Idling / Does A Car Consume More Fuel When Idling Or When Speeding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2002 Accord Idling Problem by austinike(m): 9:43am On Sep 10, 2012
can someone pls advice me on how to solve dis prob on my 2002 honda accord adling.goin up and down when the engine is turned on.
Re: 2002 Accord Idling Problem by sultaan(m): 4:03am On Sep 11, 2012
Look at engine one of the black vacuum hoses was removed by your mechanic, reconnect it.

Look and you will see, it might be a cracked hose too.

Check the hose that goes from air duct to top of engine first(PCV hose)
Re: 2002 Accord Idling Problem by austinike(m): 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
@ sultaan,pls how do i no which 1 of d hose is not connected n watz PCV hose
Re: 2002 Accord Idling Problem by sultaan(m): 12:29am On Sep 13, 2012
austinike: @ sultaan,pls how do i no which 1 of d hose is not connected n watz PCV hose

Open this pic, that thing on the V&T of vtec is pcv valve used to suck air pressure out of engine, back to air duct.
If not connected it will be sucking air from the engine bay which will be added to the air in the duct but because the MAF(mass air flow) works by measuring amount of air going into engine through duct and a loose/disconnected/ cracked hose adds extra air which makes your engine surge trying to balance idle.If you pull the pcv, it will come off with the hose attached, cover with thumb and you will feel it sucking air (vacuum) if itnot sucking with engine running time to change it.

Make sure the PCV hose and breather hose to left is attached properly

Any leack on the duct or fitting to throttle body will also cause surges
http://dealerrevs.com/gallery/39759514.html

(1) (Reply)

Resolved: Honda Baby Boy Gear Problem / Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know / Which Should I Go For? 206 Or 406

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.