Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Why Do You Want To Have Kids? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do You Want To Have Kids? (3187 Views)

Poll: Why Do You Want To Have Kids?

I need someone to take care of me when I am old: 6% (3 votes)
I need someone to give all my love to: 20% (9 votes)
It completes me as a human: 22% (10 votes)
It's the will of God: 29% (13 votes)
I need to leave an evidence of my existence: 20% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids / People Who Choose Not To Have Kids Or Get Married / Should Drug/alcohol Addicts Be Bribed Not To Have Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 08, 2008
Why do you want to have kids, even without the need of getting married?

Please share your opinions with us!
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by adekennis(m): 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2008
I need someone to take care of me when I am old
I need someone to give all my love to
It completes me as a human
It's the will of God
I need to leave an evidence of my exist
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by oziomatv(m): 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2008
I want someone that I will hand over my investment on trust.
I want some one to continue from where I stop.
I want to keep my family name going.
I love having children.
I want to see myself growing again.
I want someone who I'll tell all my secret.
I want to see my result on sex act.

I HATE MARRIAGE LIFE.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by adeboo(f): 10:11pm On Jan 08, 2008
Cause i wanna have a legacy left in this world when i die.
I also want to see what ma offsprings will look like. smiley
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by TheSly: 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2008
because na person born me. . . . cool
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by ifyalways(f): 12:36am On Jan 09, 2008
~Sly~(*_*):

because na person born me. . . . cool
lol
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by ikamefa(f): 3:31am On Jan 09, 2008
C o s i need a mini-me ! " grin " shikena!
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by chychy(f): 5:36pm On Jan 16, 2008
i naturally luv kids n i wanna have mine just so i can shower love and affection on them and also bring them up in d fear of God,
I wanna be able 2 take consolation in my kids esp when marriage is rocky.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by blackwood(m): 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2008
C o s i need a mini-me !
that says it for me, i need to see a little version of myself
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 16, 2008
blackwood:

that says it for me, i need to see a little version of myself

That's just selfish. You won't be good parent simply because you will sprone the little kid to become what you weren't able to become.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 17, 2008
Babies put a smile on my face. I miss you michael. cry cry cry
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by TOYOSI20(f): 3:25pm On Jan 18, 2008
Isn't that just the way it should be?

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 18, 2008
TOYOSI20:

Isn't that just the way it should be?

undecided undecided undecided

No. value your children's potential and make the best of it.

Your child is not your clone.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by lafile(m): 4:01pm On Jan 18, 2008
Because life tastes oh so much sweeter with kids.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by almondjoy(f): 4:09pm On Jan 18, 2008
With or without, I think I would be alright. My happiness is from within me only. Others are just added blessings.  I am not competing with anybody.

Many children have become curses rather than blessings to their parents.  So the era of attaching importance to children are long gone.  Some are armed robbers or prostitutes who have long died of AIDS! Some parents have died in the hands of their children.

So the prayer is to have kids that will bring blessings to you not just any "kid"!!!

My prayer to God is to give me kids that will do me proud.  If I know in advance that they would only bring disgrace and shame to me---I prayed to God to make me permanently "barren"!!!! Don't need those kinds of kids please!  What a wasted effort.

Why bother?  Just to have a child? undecided

No way!!!!

Say wetin happen?  Na competition for imbecility? I would rather go to my grave in piece and spend my joyous years watching others with their "issues"!!!

Real issues!!!
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by efuah(f): 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2008
almondjoy, i can't agree less. . . u're dead right!
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by TOYOSI20(f): 5:06pm On Jan 18, 2008
@michelin89

I do not need to be "schooled" on the do's and don't of having kids, especially comming from a very big and loving family so I most definitely appreciate children.

My statement refereed to the fact that after all is said and done, ie with a sound education and a solid career, the next step would definitely be getting married and having kids.

So PLEAZAAAA don't get smart with me talking about some cloning or no cloning, I'm way to advanced and sound intellectually for that, get it right. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2008
TOYOSI20:

@michelin89

I do not need to be "schooled" on the do's and don't of having kids, especially comming from a very big and loving family so I most definitely appreciate children.

My statement refereed to the fact that after all is said and done, ie with a sound education and a solid career, the next step would definitely be getting married and having kids.

So PLEAZAAAA don't get smart with me talking about some cloning or no cloning, I'm way to advanced and sound intellectually for that, get it right. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

How was I supposed to understand that wasn't your line of thought? And besides I had the feeling that your question was directed to me and felt the need to give you an explanation for my previous statement.

No hard feelings.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by TOYOSI20(f): 5:43pm On Jan 18, 2008
I don't know u at all, and besides I'm relatively new, not undermining the fact that I've been a guest for a very long time. I read the topics and respond accordingly providing my honest opinion, so what gives.

The very last time I checked everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this forum.

Anyways non taken.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by TOYOSI20(f): 5:46pm On Jan 18, 2008
TOYOSI20:

I don't know u at all, and besides I'm relatively new, not undermining the fact that I've been a guest for a very long time. I read the topics and respond accordingly providing my honest opinion, so what gives.

The very last time I checked everyone was entitled to their own opinion on this forum.

Anyways non taken.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 18, 2008
TOYOSI20:

The very last time I checked everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this forum.

Anyways non taken.

Do I smell hostility in this post?

Not always you detect people's feelings from what they write but my previous posts was in a apologising tone. I had no intention to attack you in anyway. As I said earlier I was just responding to a question I felt directed to me.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2008
there is a popular saying that goes"Let sleeping dogs LIE".

If you want to actual;ly feel hostility and not "SMELL IT" go back to the thread that you were spewing obscenities back and forth.

I am a very easy going person but It becomes very hard for me to retreat when provoked, I'm quite busy at work at this time, but I'm very sure I can make squeeze some time out.

If you failed to notice I acknowledged your "very sincere apology"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink wink wink
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 18, 2008
TOYOSI20:

there is a popular saying that goes"Let sleeping dogs LIE".

If you want to actual;ly feel hostility and not "SMELL IT" go back to the thread that you were spewing obscenities back and forth.

I am a very easy going person but It becomes very hard for me to retreat when provoked, I'm quite busy at work at this time, but I'm very sure I can make squeeze some time out.

If you failed to notice I acknowledged your "very sincere apology"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink wink wink

*shakes head* Go back to your work or rather take a break.
You are so stressed.

And plzzzzzzzzzz drop that I am too much for you attitude.
Did you say you are new?
cheesy You won't survive more than a week.

Oh, yes now I am provoking you.
*hisssssssssssssssssssssss*
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2008
I'm actually my own boss I decide when I want to back to work.

I believe that signifies the end of this dialogue.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2008
TOYOSI20:

I'm actually my own boss I decide when I want to back to work.

I believe that signifies the end of this dialogue.

hey, who cares if you are your own boss?

Another one who has come to show up.

Good luck madam boss.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Busta(f): 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2008
@topic,

cos life must go on!
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 18, 2008
Busta:

@topic,

because life must go on!

Won't your life go on without kids?

Chei a little busta. S/he'll be explosive! cheesy
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:49pm On Jan 18, 2008
Now its on like pop corn, I was just waiting for that little nudged, and you actually did it,

First of all its called show off and not show up, you show up for work, geddit.

I actually laughed my butt off when I read how precise +Osisis, got what your problem actually was, there signs, very vivid and pronounced signs as to why you are so aggressive, do u need to see I shrink, It would take years of therapy to straighten u up, but I'm sure you'll be just fine in the long run.

Look who is thinking bout having kids don't even think about it, my guess is that they would be schizophrenics, with sever delusional attribute, and multiple personalities, (Dr Jekyll and Ms Hyde).

Now this is really showing off, I work very hard, because I know I deserve the finer tings in life so what, so what, hang yourself if its bugging u that much.  cry cry cry cry

Shiooo!!!!!
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 18, 2008
TOYOSI20:

Now it on like pop corn, I was just waiting for that little nudged, and you actually did it,

First of all its called show off and not show up, you show up for work, geddit.

I actually laughed my butt off when I read how precise +Osisis, got what your problem actually was, there signs, very vivid and pronounced signs as to why you are so aggressive, do need to see I shrink, It would take years of therapy to straighten u up, but I'm sure you'll be just fine in the long run.

Look who is thinking bout having kids don't even think about it, my guess is that they would be schizophrenics, with sever delusional attribute, and multiple personalities, (Dr Jekyll and Ms Hyde).

Now this is really showing off, I work very hard, because I know I deserve the finer tings in life so what, so what, hang yourself if its bugging u that much.  cry cry cry cry

Shiooo!!!!!

Whatever!

PS: Thanks for the correction. I am still trying to improve my english skills.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by TOYOSI20(f): 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2008
Why the hell are you editing your post, did you say I wouldn't last more than a week, not as long as my Mac Book and Black Berry are still functioning, even if my only reason for logging on would be to sink common sense into your stale cranium.

This little tramp doesn't know who she is fooling with, Are you even daring to threaten me!!!!!!!

Look at this Vulture talking, ( I hate vultures they are one of the worst scavengers on the surface of the earth), E ma Gbami ke!!!!, I don't even know where to start, Let's even assume, naira land was a very difficult course I was enrolled in and You were the Professor, you would not be in  the postion to tell, me wether or not I would last for a week. Not on God's Green earth.

Not to talk of Dairyland, where ever single person, regardless, of race, creed, background, gender, or sexual preference is welcome, who the hell are you to give me a time limit on how long my existence should be.

PS. I can't believe this jobless thing went there,  go and continue arguing aimlessly now, anyone that doest have an atom of respect for the head of the family is not worth me even flinching over at all. This is someone that would say Hi to me and I wouldn't even look at twice.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2008
TOYOSI20:

Why the hell are you editing your post, did you say I wouldn't last more than a week, not as long as my Mac Book and Black Berry are still functioning, even if my only reason for logging on would be to sink common sense into your stale cranium.

This little tramp doesn't know who she is fooling with, Are you even daring to threaten me!!!!!!!

Look at this Vulture talking, ( I hate vultures they are one of the worst scavengers on the surface of the earth), E ma Gbami ke!!!!, I don't even know where to start, Let's even assume, naira land was a very difficult course I was enrolled in and You were the Professor, you would not be in  the postion to tell, me wether or not I would last for a week. Not on God's Green earth.

Not to talk of Dairyland, where ever single person, regardless, of race, creed, background, gender, or sexual preference is welcome, who the hell are you to give me a time limit on how long my existence should be.

PS. I can't believe this jobless thing went there,  go and continue arguing aimlessly now, anyone that doest have an atom of respect for the head of the family is not worth me even flinching over at all. This is someone that would say Hi to me and I wouldn't even look at twice.

I can edit my post anytime I want and there is nothing you can do about it.

If you have any probs with the way i mean "head" then challenge me in the right thread.
Your rantings are giving me a headache.

Yes I said it and I mean it. Your days here shall be hard with those ways of yours.
I have been here for two years and I am not moving for a newbie who just discovered the land.

What is your problem by the way? I was simply trying to tell you why I replied you and you came up that with first lady attitude and who cares anyway if you are the boss of yourself? Did I ask you what your job was? You just looked stressed that's why I suggested a break.

You are right to say I am jobless because I am not working. Since as from 2 I am home everyday, i need something to cheer me up and my homework is simply too boring.

If there should be someone disgusted, that would be me. Maybe you read that bitch's insinuation before you replied my post but still that doesn't give you the right to act so pompous. I'd dare say u lack common sense if you took what that retarded being have written about me.

hey, say hi to you? me? to someone like you? Ahahahhahaha!
Gosh, naija girls are really something else.
Re: Why Do You Want To Have Kids? by TOYOSI20(f): 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2008
Editing your post, shows how cowardly you are.

I can see that you have low self esteem and u suffer from inferiority complex, it is very evident.

I don't care if u were born here on this forum, that doesn't give you the guts (emphasis on guts) to say however long you think I'm going to last here, that's the most outrageoust piece of garbage ever heard.

Who the hell is ranting, you are the one acting like a dog on heat, and barking like a rabid dog, I have come to the conclusion that u need to See a shrink and fast before you become suicidal, otherwise how is one sentimental for a second and the next second very vicious, abusive and devilish.

There you go again using the nasty obscenities, the last thing u would do is to use that kind of a word on me, cos like I said earlier I'm ready to unleash the gates of hell on u this is just the begin,

"Since as from 2 I am home everyday", it's everyday I'm home after 2, so what go to some after school programme, or better yet, volunteer, give back to the community, use your time wisely, the mind is a terrible thing to waste,

Or did u not know that it is better to give than to receive.

Oops, Too late this one is already run down, with the effects of poverty, and an abusive childhood.

Oni se iru e mo lai lai,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evil Nanny Beats Child Mercilessly, Tries To Break Her Back (photo+video) / Lagos Okada Man- Seven Children And A Wife In A 1-room Apartment / What Can I Do To My Stomack After Delivery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.