Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! (5102 Views)

Omosede Igbinedion Empowers Women With Sewing Machines & Cash - Photos / Breaking News: EFCC Declares Nyako Wanted / EFCC Declares Wale Babalakin Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by kokoA(m): 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2008
I heard this on channels television 10pm news today. Can we now say the war on corruption is moving forward with or without Ribadu?
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by kosovo(m): 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2008
delceared wanted.!!! oh m screeming, wats the big deal after all osama was decleared wanted, and what was the outcome. stop wasti time. everything is a distraction from the main issue
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by kokoA(m): 11:09pm On Jan 08, 2008
kosovo:

delceared wanted.!!! oh m screeming, wats the big deal after all osama was decleared wanted, and what was the outcome. stop wasti time. everything is a distraction from the main issue

@kosovo

You are being unfair to the e.f.c.c my friend. Give me one occasion where they have failed to capture a hiding criminal. Igbenedion will be captured in no time. I can asure you on that.
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by babasin(m): 11:24pm On Jan 08, 2008
kokoA:

I heard this on channels television 10pm news today. Can we now say the war on corruption is moving forward with or without Ribadu?

this is nothing,  too many governors. this is no longer a news item.

when will EFCC declare IYABO OBASANJO wanted for abuse of office, impersonification and corruption?

This would be NEWS!
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by noetic(m): 11:27pm On Jan 08, 2008
I dont think we should be moved by the euphoria of the moment. cos the truth is we are not fighting corruption.

alam got a plead bargain, ribadu got his ass kicked for daring to arrest ibori. under the excuse of rule of law, odili, kalu &co are almost getting away with madness.
with all these I dare say that igbenedions "wanted" declaration is only an unfolding drama.

enjoy it
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by kokoA(m): 11:28pm On Jan 08, 2008
babasin:

this is nothing, too many governors. this is no longer a news item.

when I dey go to declare IYABO OBASANJO wanted for abuse of office, impersonification and corruption?

This would be NEWS!

@ babasin

Thank you, You too much! When is iyabo going to be declered WANTED? Somebody tell us o!
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by quinofhart(f): 11:30pm On Jan 08, 2008
kosovo:

100% spot on!
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by kokoA(m): 11:32pm On Jan 08, 2008
noetic:

I don't think we should be moved by the euphoria of the moment. because the truth is we are not fighting corruption.

alam got a plead bargain, ribadu got his ass kicked for daring to arrest ibori. under the excuse of rule of law, odili, kalu &co are almost getting away with madness.
with all these I dare say that igbenedions "wanted" declaration is only an unfolding drama.

enjoy it

noetic, atleast alams was shamed and he definately returned some of the loots. That alone is enough for me.
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by DisGuy: 2:23am On Jan 09, 2008
I just dont get it undecided

what exactly do you guys want?
first you cry they are roaming free. . .
then when they get arrested you still say its a gimmick
when they are arraigned you actually blame the EFCC
for not giving them longer sentences or treating them like kings in prison

what do you want exactly?
Do you want them to be shot point blank without trial
before you believe they are actually doing something?
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by DisGuy: 2:27am On Jan 09, 2008
noetic:

I don't think we should be moved by the euphoria of the moment. because the truth is we are not fighting corruption.

enjoy it

plea bargain I think is common around the world, might not be 100% but I think some cases will drag on forever without this
Ribadu got kicked for Ibori? yeaa riiiiiiiiiight
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by Mustay(m): 5:12am On Jan 09, 2008
kosovo:

abi o!

this na just one of 'em publicity stunts angry
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by bawomol(m): 5:14am On Jan 09, 2008
i have to agree with DisGuy, some of u guys won't be satisfied until all politicans are lined in front of firing squads while ur driveways are littered with gold.
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by Mariory(m): 11:20am On Jan 09, 2008
At least the excuses of some posters opposed to the EFCC has changed which is refreshing. No longer will we hear "Ribadu is OBJ's attack dog", Ribadu this, Ribadu that. Like listening to a broken record over and over again.
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by folahann(m): 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2008
Akinwumi should be declared wanted by EFCC
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by ndubest(m): 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2008
I wonder what took them so long

well. better late than never cool

i hope they will drag others found wanting to court too

Good job EFCC smiley
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by realdemi(f): 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2008
Dis Guy:

I just don't get it undecided

Well said!!

@ poster
It pains my heart when we don't EVER see good in people's action. EFCC has nabbed another one or is in the process. Next thing u hear is "hmm, na so dem talk"
Can't we just see light at the end of the tunnel for once? Try and be positive, people. Our confession is our possession. Am personally more than glad to hear of Ibori's plight because he is long overdue.

I nearly wept for Edo State when i went there during his tenure. It was a sham and a shame!! shocked shocked
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by Mustay(m): 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2008
[size=15pt]there are always two sides to a coin [/size] - simple cool
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by deor03(m): 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2008
I pray he is caught oh. That guy messed up EDO state for 8 years. He just did not have any human blood in him. He should be jailed if found guilty
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by vikiviko(m): 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2008
Its long overdue.

Thank God the currupt governors are facing the music.

All his assets when convicted should be freezed.

Well done EFCC
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by daywalker7: 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2008
haba!!  u mean his just declaredwanted, i think its  long awaited , you know dat black captain scotch moustache fellow should be posted to the most whacked prision in nigeriawe need to put to test kilimanjarobore  experience of endurance  which he needs to adapt to very soon.
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by otokx(m): 4:01pm On Jan 09, 2008
@deor03

In one vein you said he messed EDO state for 8 years then in another breath you say "if he is found guilty".
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by ehie007(m): 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2008
its high time that bastard was brought to book, no offence to those who are close and related to him, infact all of you that are close and related to him should be arrested cos one way or the other una don chop from the looted money.

Am so pissed cos the last time i was in Benin, i tot i was in one big village in one of our western states.

Infact he shuold be flogged publicly on his bare ass, including his counterparts like Ibori, and those related to him.

People have died, people are suffering becos of one man choping all the money. Infact the crime should be releted to capital punishment.

if i continue to type i wont stop abusing alll these so called men:

angry angry angry
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by moreshow(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2008
What baffles most is the way that we NIgerians treat things and later cry over a spit milk. For example lets all agree that Igbinedon would be guilty for the crimes or whatever he charged for to declare him wanted, Is ICPC or EFCC or all other anti-corrution agencies blind when the said crimes are being committed but we all know the truth and shy away from it. Fine! we all know that they enjoy sort of immunity but the truth is that the so called LAW MAKER ought to have limit or amend the laws for them (i.e corrupt governor ect) to be trial while office and not crying and basterdizing their image and names after they are ex,

vikiviko:

Its long overdue.

Thank God the currupt governors are facing the music.

All his assets when convicted should be freezed.

Well done EFCC

lol i guess EFCC and oher relevant laws knows how best to treat Igbinedon's case

Dis Guy:

I just don't get it undecided

THANKS YOU GOD, for the still making ppu of the same calibre like me shocked
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by ehie007(m): 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2008
those bastards looters. angry angry angry
i still dey vex
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by 2old4that(m): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2008
i wonder why their so-called fight against corruption channel towards South. what happen to governors in other sections. Are the south the only ones that really stole that much. 

Why don't they go for the likes of Obj and Iyabo that probably stole more than any one else.  They (EFcc) are fooling themselves
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by amakavivy(f): 6:08pm On Jan 09, 2008
I saw it in today's guardian paper. The headlines reads: The 142- count charge against Igbinedion, three firms. And thus stated:In the Federal High Court
In the Abuja Judicial Division Holden at Abuja
Charge No,
Between
Federal Republic of Nigeria(complainant)
and
1)Lucky Igbenedion
2)KIVA Corporation Ltd
3)GAVA Corporation Ltd
Accused
4)Ekpen & Sons Company
Then:
Count 1 , Count31. To be continued tomorrow. They could not even finish the whole charges at a time. In count 1, he is accused of having withdrawn illegally the sum of 38,800,000.00 from Edo State Government's account and so on.
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by A40(m): 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2008
Its about time they caught that bandit.That guy didnt do nada in Edo state
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by amakavivy(f): 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2008
Im sure it is going to have a great negative impact on Igbenedion's  University that has excelled academically and structurally in the past years.

It will take only the grace of God for him to come out of this. Because too much money is involved. Each count has millions of naira.
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by cooldude62(m): 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2008
amaka_vivy:

I'm sure it is going to have a great negative impact on Igbenedion's University that has excelled academically and structurally in the past years.

It will take only the grace of God for him to come out of this. Because too much money is involved. Each count has millions of naira.
long overdue!!! haba
i am predicting here now,the new Efcc boss will suprise everyone, his own go pass Ribadu---Amen
all of dem go hear wen even OBJ.
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by cute9jaguy(m): 6:54pm On Jan 09, 2008
good,For those of us who travel on the roads in that state,we will be happy.I stopped driving on that route,you can start thinking of how to sell ur car if you ply that road well. he should answer jare---
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by kosovo(m): 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2008
i wouldn't like anybody talkin of probing OBJ.
OBJ was our saviour, it's not easy to undergo a civilian to civilian transition, you know the kinda pressure BABA went tru? to have kept democracy is someting.
baba tried even if he looted money.
Re: EFCC Declares Igbinedion Wanted! by kokoA(m): 7:43pm On Jan 09, 2008
EFCC please declare George Akume, former Benue state governor wanted. pls oooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 Persons Shot Dead, Inec Materials Destroyed In Delta State / Elections: Igbo Flee North / States That Voted Against Local Government Autonomy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.