Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Outsourcing: The Key To Becoming A Successful "Web" Businessman - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Outsourcing: The Key To Becoming A Successful "Web" Businessman (2379 Views)

Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site / How To Be A Successful Web-developer / How To Become A Successful Blogger In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outsourcing: The Key To Becoming A Successful "Web" Businessman by Afam(m): 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2008
@tundewoods,

Now one begins to wonder who is suffering from inferiority complex when you imagine that foreign exposure is necessary for someone, I really pity you.

People like you argue over nothing and in the end will agree with what you may have spent time arguing about.

Maybe it's your level of intelligence that is the problem otherwise I cannot still figure out why anyone would have any problem with my position on this issue that outsourcing works in some cases and does not work in others.

If your level of reasoning is what foreign exposure offers then you would have been a better man had you not left Nigeria at all. Trust me I don't belong to the group you can fool with your meaningless rhetorics.

@smartsoft,

Can you please state your issue with me in a simple and clear statement as I honestly cannot make out with the issue is from your post?
Re: Outsourcing: The Key To Becoming A Successful "Web" Businessman by nextoffice: 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2008
Interesting thread !Outsourcing does make sense
Re: Outsourcing: The Key To Becoming A Successful "Web" Businessman by my2cents(m): 11:09am On Jan 17, 2008
Based on this article, Nigeria may be officially adopting this measure wink

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/business/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=170108&ptitle=Nigeria%20moves%20to%20become%20ICT%20outsourcing%20destination
Re: Outsourcing: The Key To Becoming A Successful "Web" Businessman by webemerald(m): 2:01pm On Jan 17, 2008
@tundewoods
bros its been a while, as always your posts are always enlightening as opposed to others who are always looking for avenues to cause strife and impose their ignorance and backwardness on others.

Outsourcing has made life real easy for me, i dont see why i cant push for 3 to 4 jobs at once and bring in other webdeveloper friends in on it,were all the better for it.I also have larger companies outsource jobs to me and i dey chop money.
Re: Outsourcing: The Key To Becoming A Successful "Web" Businessman by Afam(m): 4:04pm On Jan 17, 2008
my2cents:

Based on this article, Nigeria may be officially adopting this measure wink

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/business/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=170108&ptitle=Nigeria%20moves%20to%20become%20ICT%20outsourcing%20destination

@my2cents,

Are you really serious about your statement above? Did you really read the Guardian article well?

The problem we face as a people is that a lot of people that know little about issues make the most noise and when you come down to the basics they disappear.

There is basically no tangible point in the article to link Nigeria with any plan to make it an outsourcing destination. I have attended meetings where top executives talk pure nonsense about IT, thinking that by using technological jargons they will be making sense.

The 2 companies/agencies trying to harmonize their activities since some of them overlap is certainly not the same as outsourcing.
Re: Outsourcing: The Key To Becoming A Successful "Web" Businessman by my2cents(m): 4:15pm On Jan 17, 2008
Afam,

I actually didn't read it. I just was trying for a diplomatic way to blow away the steam from the pot that has been simmering with respect to this post grin
Re: Outsourcing: The Key To Becoming A Successful "Web" Businessman by tundewoods(m): 6:54pm On Jan 17, 2008
Outsourcing seems to be a scarey word to some on this forum but what the heck!The obvious is that the antagonist of outsourcing term are just outright Greedy and Pride infested.

Having stated that,I guess if use less complicated words like sub contracting collaboration or even "Passing it On" for a lame man to understand.The word outsourcing would sound more attractive.

Outsourcing is no new term or concept to some of us as web emerald has rightly said.Sadly some love to brag about there so called level of intelligence by challenging the concept all together.

Reently i've made a friends with a couple of indian and pakistan web developers courtesy www.scriptlance.com due to the fact i had a project i felt much more comfortable outsourcing to indians due to their expertise in jsp serverside & oracle backend projects.

What's the big deal in outsourcing
Re: Outsourcing: The Key To Becoming A Successful "Web" Businessman by smartsoft(m): 10:44pm On Jan 17, 2008
Afam better change your mindset
Re: Outsourcing: The Key To Becoming A Successful "Web" Businessman by Afam(m): 7:50am On Jan 18, 2008
@my2cents,

Ok, I was surprised.

@tundewoods,

This is what happens when people don't understand issues, they turn to outright lies to support their erroneous claims. You believe outsourcing is the key to becoming a successful web businessman, I disagreed with the statement because outsourcing makes sense in some cases and don't make sense in others.

So, who is being factual and reasonable here.

It is a known fact that a lot of Nigerians don't like to be proven wrong and rather than try to get the facts on issues they just say anything and expect people to agree with them and when this don't happen they get angry.

Your position on outsourcing is flat wrong, that is the point I am making, as simple as that.

@smartsoft,

I should change my mindset so that I sit down from morning till night waiting for other web developers to outsource jobs to me, is that it? No, thanks, my mindset right now won't give room for such bad strategy.

Is it not funny that the likes of tundewoods believe that outsourcing is good because they outsource projects they cannot handle inhouse to others where as the likes of smartsoft believe that outsourcing is good because they expect other developers to outsource jobs to them.

Breaking things down again, is it the domain name registration, web hosting plan, database, web programming, web design, or testing that should be outsourced considering the fact that almost all the tools necessary to complete the tasks above are already being handled by different companies?

What do web developers do in reality if you take away design, programming, setting up a database and testing? Is applying your skill on what you know well now wrong simply because some believe you should outsource even when those you are supposed to outsource to do not possess the skills you have inhouse?

In the final analysis people don't make money by claiming to make money, they do make make, those that brag and talk big will as usual turn around to accuse others of doing same, what a shame.
Re: Outsourcing: The Key To Becoming A Successful "Web" Businessman by smartsoft(m): 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2008
i'm claping for you ooo see is not asif we can't handle those programing jobs too well it's all boils down to your job deadline. if you are given a deadline to submit a job and also you still have some others one that are supose to be submitted at the same time, woun't you outsource it and make sure it is been done how you wanted it ? thats my point ooo Bros AFAM

(1) (2) (Reply)

Interswitch Api Pdf / How To Verify UK And USA Adsense Pin In 5 Days Using Shoptomydoor ($10 Fee) / New Website Topup Genie Lets You Recharge Your Phone's Airtime Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.