Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,637 members, 7,840,549 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global (11085 Views)

Help On Business Suggestion / I Have Five Hundred Thousand Naira, 500,000, Please Advise Me On Business To Do / 22 Years Of Age With O Level And 1million Naira Want To Be Like Dangote On 25yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Shaw007(m): 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2012
nusdog: Such an adorable entrepreneur! His only shortcoming was his involvement with government. It's hard to believe him when he claims he had no special favours from nigeria's corrupt leaders.
i really do not think someone with a conglomerate that large in a developing country as ours wud av ntn 2 do with the Government,infact. . .the Government are the ones that shud av things 2 do with him ,u av everything to do,and about receiving favours,he's a businessman,put urself in his shoes. . .
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Shaw007(m): 10:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
I'm so proud i'm almost shedding tears. . .God i love this man!!
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Shaw007(m): 10:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
berem: Is he actually the richest man in africa? What about Deinde Fernandez? undecided
okay. . .jOke of the centurygrin
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Shaw007(m): 10:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
Jarus:

Forget about all those ovation tales. Deinde Fernandez, Harry Akande etc are no where close to Dangote. His major competitor is Mike Adenuga. Kase Lawal too dey try
he's even leading Adenuga by a margin of about $9b. . .no b beans o!
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
Love him or hate him, you have to learn from the last words in this interview: IF YOU DON'T HAVE AMBITION, YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALIVE.

What is your vision?
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by uceee(m): 11:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
Chei! This guy get mind oh. See ambition.
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by etchel(m): 11:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
HmmMMmnmmm
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Lobolintin(m): 11:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
Guy dangote i feel u jare,but .abeg leav ibeto to sprawn plz....

1 Like

Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by akintun: 12:11am On Sep 13, 2012
I really don't understanding why dangote cement is been valued dat high on d stock exchange. He is been valued at about 15 - 18 times earnings, which is high 4 Nigeria standard. D other problem I have with d company is its extremely high operating profit margin. If u compare d profit margin to other cement companies in d world, dangote cement margins are unbelievable. This show s dat he his either under- paying his staffs or overpricing it's cement. Maybe d raw materials he uses are just too good.
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by obowunmi(m): 12:17am On Sep 13, 2012
Glad to see oppressed Africans proud of a monopolist - he has single handedly monopolized the cement and sugar market.

#sadandpathetic Africans

Bill Gates monopolized the market for several years? Where is Microsoft today? The name gates is still alive because of the gates foundation.

Pls Africa needs a "steve jobs" like inspiration. Innovator, not afraid to compete.
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by obowunmi(m): 12:20am On Sep 13, 2012
akintun: I really don't understanding why dangote cement is been valued dat high on d stock exchange. He is been valued at about 15 - 18 times earnings, which is high 4 Nigeria standard. D other problem I have with d company is its extremely high operating profit margin. If u compare d profit margin to other cement companies in d world, dangote cement margins are unbelievable. This show s dat he his either under- paying his staffs or overpricing it's cement. Maybe d raw materials he uses are just too good.

1. You charge so much when there is no competition. Consumers have no choice or option but to buy the product at any cost. Any competitor will need massive amount of capital to dare reach the extent and level of sales that Dangote products current have.

2. Africans still think like slaves. Imagine him asking graduate to come and drive a truck. Rubbish.
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by searchcorp(m): 12:37am On Sep 13, 2012
Billyonaire: Dangote is a role model for every aspiring billionaire. He is a great son of Africa and every successful Nigerian is proud of him.

Truth!!!! Pure thinking free from envy and jealousy.

Dangote is a model!!!
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by miky(m): 1:38am On Sep 13, 2012
[video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx_H_LrZ1DE[/video]

i like the ease in which people can talk and joke with him, says something about his character wink wink
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by onyeego(m): 1:55am On Sep 13, 2012
I will be richer than him.
Say Amen
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Nobody: 3:20am On Sep 13, 2012
What sort of an article is this? How come most nairalanders missed the part of this bigoted south african newspaper say that nigeria and nigerians only make money through fossil fuel and internet fraud. This coming from a country (south africa), where their president (jacob zuma) believes that, a person cannot contact HIV/AIDS, if he takes his bath after having unprotected sex with an hiv positive partner.
A country where the police openly shoots miners in front of over 20 news cameras with live bullets. A country of over 45 million people with the undisputed no1 position of most people with hiv.
A country with a largely lazy, despotic and shallow minded black population. A country with the highest number of crime related deaths outside of war zones of afghanistan and iraq at her prime.
Nigerians do not only make money through crude and internet fraud. infact only 30 billion usd is made from oil, from a total 356 billion dollars a year, representing, just over 20% of money nigerians make in any given year. Bleeped up, bigoted article.
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by rasputinn(m): 3:28am On Sep 13, 2012
One of the ways to achieve this is to employ graduates of tertiary institutions as truck drivers.How insensitive could one get
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by olivegirl(f): 6:27am On Sep 13, 2012
He is a marchant, visiOn brings profiT and survival brings money. In markeTing? U can d0 anyThing 2 eliminate c0mpetit0rs esp when v are n0t G0dli
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by oluomad(m): 7:08am On Sep 13, 2012
Acidosis: I believe.
There is a difference between MONEY & PROFIT.

It takes a politician to make "money", it takes a business man to make PROFIT.

u are acidically intelligent
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by beauty4(f): 7:15am On Sep 13, 2012
He may be making billions of naira and dollars but if u get close to those working for him, u will realise the indians are the ones enjoying in his firms. They dont have good welfare packages for the nigerian staff. I tell u.
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by omosexy1: 7:21am On Sep 13, 2012
with tears in my eyes, the best inspiring quote I have read in a long time - "If you don't have ambition, you shouldn't be alive." A biography of this man should be published.

1 Like

Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Everest9(m): 7:59am On Sep 13, 2012
God has blessed him
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by sdymanagers(m): 8:08am On Sep 13, 2012
If you want to succeed, you must study and emulate those who have been there before you. Dangote is a locally made 100% Nigerian business success. When he talks, people listen because he made it where many others believe the situation is hopeless. He has proved otherwise. What ever pecks from government he must have garnered up along the way are okay. He has not disappointed in business expansion and employment generation. We need more people like him in these dire times instead of all these noise-making and divisive lazy people fighting over crude oil that will soon dry up anyway.

1 Like

Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Dansadaumallam(m): 8:53am On Sep 13, 2012
Dangote employs more than the 36 states put together, so why won;t progressive mided people love him. How come that we are not hating some of our governors and presidents who stole public money but could not invest it for the general good.
Why must most of us think as if it would be better to have so many poor people than many rich people. If Dangote's success means failure to you pls live without patronising him , afterall there are choices everywhere.
"I wonder y most of you complain about your poor uncles and relatives but you are openly hating another's rich uncle...how on earth can such people grow.
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 13, 2012
berem: Is he actually the richest man in africa? What about Deinde Fernandez? undecided

His oil well have dried up long time ago
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 13, 2012
rasputinn: One of the ways to achieve this is to employ graduates of tertiary institutions as truck drivers.How insensitive could one get
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 13, 2012
Up Dangote! One day you will be the 'richest man on the planet' insha Allah. All black people world wide should be proud of this man not just Nigerians or Africans.

1 Like

Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by AjanleKoko: 10:50am On Sep 13, 2012
Good talk from the robber baron wink
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 13, 2012
"[Nigerians] can be even bigger than me, " he said" you just have to believe that yes, there is a future in this country of ours and I can tell you right now, I don't believe we have even started doing anything in Nigeria because the opportunities are so enormous. I don't even know where to start.
"Let me tell you this and I want to really emphasize it...nothing is going to help Nigeria like Nigerians bringing back their money. If you give me $5 billion today, I will invest everything here in Nigeria. Let us put our heads together and work."

(http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliko_Dangote)

1 Like

Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Goldmind1(m): 12:00pm On Sep 13, 2012
What can an Aboki, who has made most of his wealth from FG's purse teach me business? Aliko is just an opportunist. OBJ helped him to witch-hunt other cement importers to make quick money through monopolizing cement importation in Nigeria.
He can only teach me how to parley with politicians to milk the country.

1 Like

Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by diesel86: 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2012
This a nice one, the unfortunate thing i noticed about this is that a lot of people don't comment on threads that have to do with buisness, our youths especially would claim that they have lost hope in the nation.
To me that is a flimsy excuse for not trying, if Nigeria were to be that bad we won't be having all these foreign mutinationals opening shop on a daily bases.
So my advice to us all is to look within ourselves, our immediate enviroment and tap into the immense opportunity that abound, we might eventually not be as wealthy as Dangote, but i can bet it that we would be better off millions of other people.
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by AjanleKoko: 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2012
diesel86: This a nice one, the unfortunate thing i noticed about this is that a lot of people don't comment on threads that have to do with buisness, our youths especially would claim that they have lost hope in the nation.
To me that is a flimsy excuse for not trying, if Nigeria were to be that bad we won't be having all these foreign mutinationals opening shop on a daily bases.
So my advice to us all is to look within ourselves, our immediate enviroment and tap into the immense opportunity that abound, we might eventually not be as wealthy as Dangote, but i can bet it that we would be better off millions of other people.

How many business people do you think are on this forum?
Most NL members are students or unemployed graduates. A few are employed, while others are hustling.
The point is, Dangote is only important to them if he can give them a job. Why should they become sentimental over some guy who's the richest man in Africa?

In life there is an opportunity cost to everything. Dangote being the richest man has cost Nigeria something. If we had had a level playing field in Nigeria, with everybody having reasonable access to opportunities, then his speech might mean something. Let him go and meet his fellow Nigerian billionaires, including the looters, and let them agree to allow the government work for the common man, rather than for them only, shikena.
Re: Dangote On Business, Success & Going Global by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 13, 2012
AjanleKoko:

How many business people do you think are on this forum?
Most NL members are students or unemployed graduates. A few are employed, while others are hustling.
The point is, Dangote is only important to them if he can give them a job. Why should they become sentimental over some guy who's the richest man in Africa?

In life there is an opportunity cost to everything. Dangote being the richest man has cost Nigeria something. If we had had a level playing field in Nigeria, with everybody having reasonable access to opportunities, then his speech might mean something. Let him go and meet his fellow Nigerian billionaires, including the looters, and let them agree to allow the government work for the common man, rather than for them only, shikena.

Spot on. Couldn't have said it better.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Nigerian Bank For UK Returnee Back To Naija / Dangote Repatriates $687,977m From Pan-African Operations / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Among Candidates For World Bank President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.