Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency (3984 Views)

Prof Yemi Osinbajo Has Been Decorated With GCON / National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List / Jonathan Defends GCON Award To Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by samie4luv(m): 11:21am On Sep 12, 2012

The Presidency yesterday defended its nomination of business mogul and Chairman of Globacom, Dr Mike Adenuga Jnr. for the award of Grand Commander of the Niger [GCON]. Adenuga and other awardees will be decorated next Monday in Abuja. He is the second eminent person to bag the award after another business mogul, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, President of the Dangote Group.

He got the honour last year. But reactions have been trailing the inclusion of Dr Adenuga on the list of awardees, against the backdrop of the alleged involvement of his oil company, Conoil Oil, in the fuel subsidy scam.

But reacting to the comments over Adenuga’s nomination, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr Doyin Okupe, said that the Federal Government was not aware that Consolidated Oil was indicted, just as he admonished Nigerians to learn to separate an individual from his company.

“We don’t know that Consolidated Oil was indicted. We must be able to separate a person in his personal capacity from what his company does. “The man is one of the biggest employers of labour in the country. If he had a problem with one arm of his companies, what about others? We all know Globacom is doing well and we are all proud of it… but I am sure that any company that had run foul of the law will be

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/globacom-chairman-adenuga-deserved-gcon-presidency/

1 Like

Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by k2039: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
he is massive employer of labour because the nigerian system allows monopoly
His association with powerful power brokes enables him to control economy,thereby killing competiton from the less connected.

SMH for Nigeria
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by dammytosh: 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
k2039: he is massive employer of labour because the nigerian system allows him to monopolize his business..
His association with powerful power brokes enables him to control economy,thereby killing competiton from the less connected.

SMH for Nigeria

You guys said the same thing about Dangote the last time. Can't you explore another area of thinking.
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by Jarus(m): 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
I agree.

I also like the way they phased it between him and Dangote. Dangote earlier and MIke the year after. I'm sure that was deliberate. Much as I'm not a big fan of Adenuga's one-man business model, I have always commended him for his resilience. And not to forget this man has been contributing immensely to sports development in Nigeria, from sponsoring supporters clubs to offering to pay the salaries of national football team coach (Berti Vogts) to bailing out Super Eagles in times of serious financial strait.

3 Likes

Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by redsun(m): 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
What was the financial charge/scandal this same guy was involve in not too long that was swept under the carpet like every other high profile magomago in nigeria?i.e,halliburton.

Gej is the lord of thieves.
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by ujukala: 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
No matter your achievements in the society, you must have backbiters. Adenuga merits his GCON.

2 Likes

Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by wandeay: 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
He deserves it, he employs numerous jobless youths roaming about on the street, a great fan and supporter of Nigeria football teams, has been helping a lot of student through scholarship schemes, but his involvement in the subsidy scam may have stopped him from getting it, but the subsidy probe is clueless thereby not allowing us to know maybe he really got his hands in it or not.

1 Like

Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by executinal(m): 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
Well deserved. I will upgrade from MON to GCON next year
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by musty1987(m): 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
well deserved cool
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by k2039: 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
dammytosh:

You guys said the same thing about Dangote the last time. Can't you explore another area of thinking.
Here is another reason,

Was Mike Adenuga and his Conoil not indicted in the fuel scam that is currently the news every where
(and dont tell me he is innocent until he's proven guilty in a court of law,
The title should not be awarded until the court clears his name of wrong doing,
or will the GCON be revoked if He is indicted by the court)
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by lacasa: 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
Whether u employ 10million people, a criminal is a criminal.

Jo's govt encourages crime, †ђat 's that undecided

1 Like

Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by sweetgala(m): 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
A man cannot be separated from the practices of his company same way Rupert Murdoch can't separate himself from the malpractice in News Corp. No way Adenuga does not know how billions of naira made it's way into his companies accounts.
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by lightheart(m): 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
Why this justification of being a mass employer of labour?? Lyk he's doing Nigerians a favour or somtin. He gotta employ cos he gotta make money. Simples

Well, Oga Okupe don talk am. "We must be able to separate a person in his personal capacity from what his company does. “The man is one of the biggest employers of labour in the country"

Yet the the award is in recognition of his (company's) contributions to national development. Ironical, isn't it?
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by kenerep: 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
later some people here would shout Nigeria is a bad country and yet our people are in support of them awarding a known criminal national award. He was indicted in the siemens deal abi na halliburton? In other societies their supposed rich men have gone to jail for their involvment in the deal but in our beloved country na gcon dem dey collect.
Oga jarus se na to dey tribalize national award levels we dey now? In any sane society the government would wait for him to clear his name before awarding him such.
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by texazzpete(m): 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
Is it possible to be a big time businessman in Nigeria without employing many Nigerians?

Does Agofure Motors not employ a large number of Nigerians as drivers, busboys, ticket sellers etc?

1 Like

Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by ono(m): 8:04pm On Sep 12, 2012
The thing with many of us Nigerians is that we can't see far. We forget past events quickly, and so, we don't learn. We also get carried away easily - call it spur of the moment, effizy, shine shine.

Any business that thrives in Nigeria - with the current state of dilapidated non functioning power infrastructure, poor road networks and all the fraudsters, must be highly connected to ''the powers that be'' in the land. The likes of Adenuga and Dangote's business ''empires'' are no exception. I'm not convinced that these people worked hard for their wealth in this country.

So, when you see GEJ giving them the highest honour in the land, it is not for anything worthy of emulation. It is just that they (these greedy lot) want to have that GCON too - you know how greedy and power drunk they get when they are in that group.

1 Like

Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by infohenry(m): 8:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
What a dumb argument. He is recognised by his companies contribution in job creation and we should also learn to separate his personality from his companies. welldone DR okupe intelligent doc.
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by solomon111(m): 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
ono: The thing with many of us Nigerians is that we can't see far. We forget past events quickly, and so, we don't learn. We also get carried away easily - call is spur of the moment, effizy, shine shine.

Any business that thrives in Nigeria - with the current state of dilapidated non functioning power infrastructure, poor road networks and all the fraudsters, must be highly connected to ''the powers that be'' in the land. The likes of Adenuga and Dangote's business ''empires'' are no exception. I'm not convinced that these people worked hard for their wealth in this country.

So, when you see GEJ giving them the highest honour in the land, it is not for anything worthy of emulation. It is just that they (these greedy lot) want to have that GCON too - you know how greedy and power drunk they get when they are in that group.
keep on blowing grammar,while you mates are becoming billionaires.
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by lacasa: 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
solomon111: keep on blowing grammar,while you mates are becoming billionaires.

Somebody made sense anϑ Ūя̲̅ stupid self had ϯo comment

.. Retard angry
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by Bukkyade: 12:32am On Sep 13, 2012
k2039: he is massive employer of labour because the nigerian system allows him to monopolize his business..

SMH for Nigeria

My dumb friend, do you know the meaning of MONOPOLY? Please pick up your dictionary at this point and check the meaning of the word or if you can't use the dictionary which am very sure you can't, there must be a secondary school kid around you. Please ask him or her. Some people should be banned from committing on this forum. You are a real disgrace my dear friend.
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by k2039: 1:21am On Sep 13, 2012
Bukkyade:

My dumb friend, .
yes my smart friend

Bukkyade: do you know the meaning of MONOPOLY?.
NO I dont

Bukkyade: Please pick up your dictionary at this point and check the meaning of the word or if you can't use the dictionary which am very sure you can't,.

what is a dictionary

Bukkyade: there must be a secondary school kid around you.. Please ask him or her..
their is none

Bukkyade: Some people should be banned from committing on this forum..

I think it should be commenting and not committing

Bukkyade: You are a real disgrace my dear friend.
since you dont know the difference between commenting and committing,
That make's two of us

3 Likes

Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by waja(m): 6:54am On Sep 13, 2012
lacasa: Whether u employ 10million people, a criminal is a criminal.

Jo's govt encourages crime, †ђat 's that undecided
. If there is any body that deserves that title, it's Adenuga and not Dangote.
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by yuzedo: 9:59am On Sep 13, 2012
samie4luv: But reacting to the comments over Adenuga’s nomination, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr Doyin Okupe, said that the Federal Government was not aware that Consolidated Oil was indicted, just as he admonished Nigerians to learn to separate an individual from his company.

“We don’t know that Consolidated Oil was indicted. We must be able to separate a person in his personal capacity from what his company does.

LOL! Kai! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by silayo2008: 10:24am On Sep 13, 2012
What ever your opinion about the man, remember so many families are being paid through this man. Am of the opinion that lets encourage him for his good deeds..
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by oladayo042: 8:03pm On Sep 13, 2012
Adenuga's companies are employing people not himself. Since Okupe want us to separate a man from his business, his companies should rather be collecting the award because the sole reason given for the conferment of the award was employment of labour.
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by Abbey2sam(m): 6:58am On Sep 14, 2012
[quote author=kenerep]later some people here would shout Nigeria is a bad country and yet our people are in support of them awarding a known criminal national award. He was indicted in the siemens deal abi na halliburton? In other societies their supposed rich men have gone to jail for their involvment in the deal but in our beloved country na gcon dem dey collect.
Oga jarus se na to dey tribalize national award levels we dey now? In any sane society the government would wait for him to clear his name be
please tel me who's not a criminal in this country? You guys should get a life and stop hating
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by zomby(m): 12:08am On Sep 16, 2012
Again, sky is no longer the limit for the guru, we've moved the sky to make way for this incredible human being. When you're blessed by the almighty God haters will just continue to cry until the end of time, but their cry won't move a piece of rock.

Adenuga is not a perfect man, but when it comes to making the impossible possible, pls call on this man. He will deliver as always.
By the way, who is perfect in Nigeria today? I know that I'm not and I will never be.

His motto for many years:
1.It is either the very best or absolutely nothing.
2.First to get to work and last to leave.

When you work hard, stay focused and don't give up; you will definitely witness great things in your life.

Stop hating, embrace pure hard work and the blessing from God.

Adenuga has done his part, what are you waiting for?
Re: Adenuga’s GCON Well Deserved – Presidency by zomby(m): 12:25am On Sep 16, 2012
Adenuga isn't only putting food on tables for many families in Nigeria, he is also responsible for many other tables through out Africa. Now in UK, France, USA and "lord have mercy" before I forget, also in India.

When a single entity can shut down a country, trust me, you have no other choice but to raise up your @ss for this individual (Adenuga).

Personally, I do not think a mere GCON is enough for the Guru, they have to come up with something better and bigger. This is how much impact Mike has not only in Nigeria, but in a few other countries through out the world.

A man that closed 6 deals in 4 countries in one day and still had time to pop champagn to celebrate on the same day. Lord have mercy! don't get me started.
Keep on Glowing like a super star; MORE BLESSING MORE POWER!

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Aide Disowns Okupe 's Comments On The Legislature / Africa's New Biggest City Is Lagos - & Economy To Outweigh Johannesburg By 2015 / Ben Bruce Visionless Political Ambition & STV Working Hard Against the APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.