Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

iPhone 5 is Finally Here - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 5 is Finally Here (20176 Views)

#thehottestone Is Finally Revealed(1) / Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? / Opera Mini 5 Is Finally Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

iPhone 5 is Finally Here by xcubed(m): 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
iPhone 5 is the thinnest smartphone in the world, with an all-new 7.6 mm anodized aluminum body that is 18 percent thinner and 20 percent lighter than iPhone 4S. Designed with an unprecedented level of precision, iPhone 5 combines an anodized aluminum body with diamond cut chamfered edges and glass inlays for a truly incredible fit and finish.

The new 4-inch Retina display on iPhone 5 delivers even more pixels than iPhone 4S, making the already incredible Retina display even better. By making the screen taller, not wider, iPhone 5 is just as easy to use with one hand so you can tap, type and scroll the same way you always have, while enjoying even more of your content including amazing apps optimized for the larger Retina display, widescreen HD video, a full five days of your Calendar and more of every web page.

iPhone 5 supports ultrafast wireless standards including LTE and DC-HSDPA, so you can browse, download and stream content even faster. To support the latest LTE technology, Apple has pioneered a unique single-radio LTE solution that provides blazing fast speeds while fitting perfectly into the new remarkably thin design. iPhone 5 features dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi support for a wireless experience up to 150 Mbps.

The all-new A6 chip was designed by Apple to maximize performance and power efficiency to support all the incredible new features in iPhone 5, including the stunning new 4-inch Retina display-all while delivering even better battery life. With up to twice the CPU and graphics performance, almost everything you do on iPhone 5 is blazing fast for launching apps, loading web pages and downloading email attachments.

The 8 megapixel iSight camera is the most popular camera in the world and with iPhone 5, it's even better. The new camera is completely redesigned with incredible optical performance, yet amazingly it's 25 percent smaller than the camera in iPhone 4S. The new iSight camera in iPhone 5 features a sapphire crystal lens cover that is thinner and more durable than standard glass with the ability to provide crystal clear images. The new panorama feature lets you capture jaw-dropping panorama images of up to 28 megapixels by simply moving the camera across a scene in one smooth motion. New video features include improved stabilization, video face detection for up to 10 faces and the ability to take still photos as you record. A new FaceTime HD front facing camera makes FaceTime calls incredibly clear and can also be used for self portraits and recording 720p HD video. iPhone 5 also allows you to share photos with friends and family using iCloud's Shared Photo Streams.

iPhone 5 features the new Lightning connector that is smaller, smarter and more durable than the previous connector. The all-digital Lightning connector features an adaptive interface that uses only the signals that each accessory requires, and it's reversible so you can instantly connect to your accessories. The Lightning-to-30-pin Adapter is also available to connect iPhone 5 to legacy 30-pin accessories.****

iPhone 5 introduces new enhanced audio features including a new beam-forming, directional microphone system for higher quality sound, while background noise fades away with new noise canceling technology. iPhone 5 now includes support for cellular wideband audio for crisper word clarity and more natural sounding speech. Wideband audio will be supported by over 20 carriers worldwide at launch. iPhone 5 comes with the new Apple EarPods featuring a breakthrough design for a more natural fit and increased durability, and an incredible acoustic quality typically reserved for higher-end earphones.

iPhone 5 comes with iOS 6, the world's most advanced mobile operating system with over 200 new user features including: an all new Maps app with Apple-designed cartography, turn-by-turn navigation and an amazing new Flyover view; Facebook integration for Contacts and Calendar, with the ability to post directly from Notification Center; Passbook, the simplest way to get all your passes in one place; new Siri features, including support for more languages, easy access to sports scores, restaurant recommendations and movie listings;***** Siri and Facebook-enabled apps like Photos, Safari and Maps; and Shared Photo Streams via iCloud.

Pricing & Availability
iPhone 5 comes in either white & silver or black & slate, and will be available in the US for a suggested retail price of $199 (US) for the 16GB model and $299 (US) for the 32GB model and $399 (US) for the 64GB model. iPhone 5 will be available from the Apple Online Store (www.apple.com), Apple's retail stores, and through AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless and select Apple Authorized Resellers. iPhone 5 will be available in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and the UK on Friday, September 21, and customers can pre-order their iPhone 5 beginning Friday, September 14. iPhone 4S will also be available for just $99 (US) and iPhone 4 will be available for free with a two-year contract.****** iOS 6 software will be available on Wednesday, September 19 as a free software update.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by LordReed(m): 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
In other words nothing new and nothing game changing. Ho hum.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
I HATE iPHONE ^_^
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by lynxnoon(m): 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2012
hmmmm
iphone 4 8GB - Free
iphone 4s 16GB - $99
iphone 5 16GB/32GB/64GB - $199/299/399

all u sellers (including me tongue) take note oh grin grin
http://www.gsmarena.com/apples_iphone_5_event_live_coverage-news-4792.php

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
The beginning of the end of iPhone over-bloated specs is iPhone 5!More expensive yet not a Match for Samsung Galaxay S III
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by xcubed(m): 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
lynxnoon: hmmmm
iphone 4 8GB - Free
iphone 4s 16GB - $99

Those prices are for those on contract plans, not the main prices
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by LordReed(m): 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
lynxnoon: hmmmm
iphone 4 8GB - Free
iphone 4s 16GB - $99

You better take note that these are with contract prices not the unlocked phones.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by lynxnoon(m): 12:10am On Sep 13, 2012
Lord_Reed:

You better take note that these are with contract prices not the unlocked phones.
guy i know they are on contract
nad the real prices will still have an effect on older model . . . no? wink
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by puskin: 1:42am On Sep 13, 2012
angry angry angry .....because Apple decided to finally launch their iPhone 5......every NLer wants to open a thread about it.........Mscheeeeeeewww
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by Excelboi(m): 2:27am On Sep 13, 2012
Same old shit! Just some slightly re-modelled interface.
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by Excelboi(m): 2:27am On Sep 13, 2012
But looks cool though!
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by emekaD3(m): 2:28am On Sep 13, 2012
Just when i was saving for Galaxy sIII... angry angry angry angry
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 13, 2012
. . .but my Nokia C2 still de browse Nairaland na

22 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by ikechukz(m): 2:46am On Sep 13, 2012
emeka.D.:
d chinko version shey
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by FKO1(m): 2:52am On Sep 13, 2012
Same old thing(phone),The samsung galaxy s3 is way better jor !
iphone now iboring wink
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by playahP(m): 3:11am On Sep 13, 2012
If u ask me; galaxy II beats iphone 4 hands down; except in the area of speed(including camera capture speed), slimness (lighter weight) and slickness!!

I hope iphone5 would beat galaxy III.... But I was hearing a rumour thatt iphone5 has holographic display How true??
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by wirelex: 3:13am On Sep 13, 2012
The contract prices are quite fair. I wonder what the actual unlocked prices would be when they get to naija?
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by moonraker(m): 3:20am On Sep 13, 2012
Hmmmmmm I dont know. To be honest, i didnt expect much from apple.

and well they didnt disappoint in that area. Hmmm lets see taller iphone,

A6 chip, ios 6, Siri. Erm naaaa I will pass on this on this one.. My galaxy note (LTE version)

trumps the iphone in many ways. I will rather go get the ipod touch since its basically an iphone

minus LTE radio....
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by eherbal(m): 3:26am On Sep 13, 2012
all these big grammer just to sell a phone?now, what i want to know is the value these vanity will impart in my life if not more vanity?our sisters will now have to double their "efforts" in acquiring one.so hyped,so overrated,so sad.ordinary phone.......

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by born2boink(m): 3:41am On Sep 13, 2012
Nothing will make me change my phone, after calling and receiving,browsing etc pinging for bb, can its solve hunger problem?

All them oyinbo life na to dey find wey to collect money from africans, them build different moto so tay begin give dem honda bulldog,end of discussion, small time you go hear honda lion and honda human being, wetin dis phone wan do again, una go dey deceive people with bodu

14 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by canadaik(m): 3:44am On Sep 13, 2012
i have never liked apple products, besides its overated in my opinion its more annoying cause it always like to have its relatives alone with it(mac, ipod, i whatever) would they expect me to throw away my acer and buy an everything apple just cause of an iphone (naa)....androids are more flexible to handle, can interact better with lots of other products- now that i would go for! so whether its iphone 91s or iphone4s i dont freaking care!

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by Walexz02(m): 3:54am On Sep 13, 2012
Oga oO! See big big grammer!
Btwn who told u its d slimmest phone
My Nokia X3 touch n type slim pass am jooorcheesy
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by Brisingr(m): 3:57am On Sep 13, 2012
same ol sheet just a different name
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by mikey2fin: 4:18am On Sep 13, 2012
RUBBISH!!!!
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by Nobody: 4:38am On Sep 13, 2012
Looks the same undecided
When will ppl get tired of all this monthly new iPhones? sad

emeka.D.:

Same here. Waiting for the GN 2 by Ending of Oct jare. If not by then, i'm settling for Galaxy S3
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by ebamma(m): 4:39am On Sep 13, 2012
you commot 100,000 go buy Iphone,me i commot 10,000 go buy nokia 2700,you browse i browse,u 2go i go,u snap picture i snap picture,u download games i download games,you play music i follow play,please is it not waste of money?

8 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by moonraker(m): 4:57am On Sep 13, 2012
ebamma: you commot 100,000 go buy Iphone,me i commot 10,000 go buy nokia 2700,you browse i browse,u 2go i go,u snap picture i snap picture,u download games i download games,you play music i follow play,please is it not waste of money?

True!!!

The only thing missing from that list is CLASS!!! Owning an Iphone is a status symbol especially in Nigeria!!!!

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by Jisunpack: 5:04am On Sep 13, 2012
I swear with God that anyone that uses s3 will never settle for this i-nonsense. for the past 2 months now, I virtually abandoned any other thing for s3. Little wonders the apple is soo obsessed with court cases since they don't have anything to offer. RIP i-shyyte!!

Ileke-IdI:
Looks the same undecided
When will ppl get tired of all this monthly new iPhones? sad

Same here. Waiting for the GN 2 by Ending of Oct jare. If not by then, i'm settling for Galaxy S3
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by Jisunpack: 5:11am On Sep 13, 2012
Says who? you must be living In the past. The only thing that create class difference in Nigeria is cars and palatable mansions and not some i- nonsense that I can confidently give out dozens without blinking my eye lash.

[s]You are sounding like some cheap hungry girls that will allow you fucck them front and back for just BB or galaxy tab.[/s]

moonraker:

True!!!

The only thing missing from that list is CLASS!!! Owning an Iphone is a status symbol especially in Nigeria!!!!
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by Drfox(m): 5:11am On Sep 13, 2012
Waste of money!!!!
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 13, 2012
This is the iPhone 5? Seriously? With all the hype and rumours and shite, I expected something.....wow-ing. But this? C'mon Apple, you guys suck major donkey behind!
Re: iPhone 5 is Finally Here by ORAFA(m): 5:38am On Sep 13, 2012
I love sleek stuff; iPhone5.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Pay Back Your Borrowed MTN Credit Without Losing / Downloading From Youtube With Opera / 6 Amazing Devices To Be Launched During The Jumia Mobile Week (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.