Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? (1421 Views)

War Between Son Of Lucifer And Unibenstudent(yahwehs Boy) / Quotes For Atheists And Agnostics / Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by ijawkid(m): 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
Many at times on this forum atheists ,agnostics and some feeble theists have doubted the morality of Yahweh and sometimes have wondered if Jesus did actually learn all he knew from Yahweh..

Many tend to question Gods actions and instructions..
Some(like logic boy and some hard hearted atheists here) if it was possible would take Yahweh to court for his actions in the past and for what he'll do in the future....

Questions like these have been asked on this forum::

1..If God knew adam and eve would eat from the tree of knowledge of good and bad why did he put the tree in the garden of eden in the 1st place.??.

2..Why would God(Yahweh) instruct the isrealites to engage in wars and kill those who didn't worship Yahweh.??.(Atheists say God is genocidal)

And many others questions related to Yahwehs morality...

I would like such individuals to share the same thought as did JOB in the scriptures as recorded @ JOB 9:32..

New Living Translation (©2007)
"God is not a mortal like me, so I cannot argue
with him or take him to trial.

World English Bible
For he is not a man, as I am, that I should
answer him, that we should come together in
judgment.

Lesson!!!!!?

We should never impose our limitations on Yahweh and judge him by our standards and thinking..

God doesn't operate on the same frequency with us(humans)..

So our sense of judgement and laid down(man made) precepts can never be measured up to that of GOD's..

Like JOB,when we start to understand the mind of God,we cannot help but exclaim::
""
These are just the beginning of all that he
does, merely a whisper of his power. Who,
then, can comprehend the thunder of his
power?"(Job 26:14)...

I don't intend to debate much on this....

Because I have come to acknowledge that I don't and can't understand all that Yahweh does..it will take me forever to comprehend his ways and actions...

3 Likes

Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by thehomer: 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
ijawkid: Many at times on this forum atheists ,agnostics and some feeble theists have doubted the morality of Yahweh and sometimes have wondered if Jesus did actually learn all he knew from Yahweh..

Many tend to question Gods actions and instructions..
Some(like logic boy and some hard hearted atheists here) if it was possible would take Yahweh to court for his actions in the past and for what he'll do in the future....

Questions like these have been asked on this forum::

1..If God knew adam and eve would eat from the tree of knowledge of good and bad why did he put the tree in the garden of eden in the 1st place.??.

2..Why would God(Yahweh) instruct the isrealites to engage in wars and kill those who didn't worship Yahweh.??.(Atheists say God is genocidal)

And many others questions related to Yahwehs morality...

I would like such individuals to share the same thought as did JOB in the scriptures as recorded @ JOB 9:32..

World English Bible
judgment.

Lesson!!!!!?

We should never impose our limitations on Yahweh and judge him by our standards and thinking..

God doesn't operate on the same frequency with us(humans)..

So our sense of judgement and laid down(man made) precepts can never be measured up to that of GOD's..

Like JOB,when we start to understand the mind of God,we cannot help but exclaim::
""
These are just the beginning of all that he
does, merely a whisper of his power. Who,
then, can comprehend the thunder of his
power?"(Job 26:14)...

I don't intend to debate much on this....

Because I have come to acknowledge that I don't and can't understand all that Yahweh does..it will take me forever to comprehend his ways and actions...

Why did Yahweh allow Job to be tortured that way? And for his children to be killed? To satisfy his ego? A being who does that is considered to be evil or narcissistic. He then had Job have more children. As if that would replace the ones that were lost. Just ask a parent who loses a child and gives birth to 5 more. Ask them if they don't pine for the missing one.

Claiming that God's reasons are above human comprehension doesn't really help because for all we know, he may actually be an evil God who has deceived Christians into worshiping him.

Which reminds me of this quote from a comedian.

“Religious people will forgive God for fuckin’ anything. In their minds, He does good things: rainbows, chidrens’ laughter, shit like that. But when he does bad things, like hurricanes, AIDS, cancer, child molestation… then they just go, “Oh well. God works in mysterious ways!” What kind of excuse is that? What is “mysterious” about acting like a fuckin’ arsehole?

That is, like, the least mysterious activity since the dawn of time! If I’m ever dating a religious girl, she’s gonna come home and I’m gonna be rapin’ her mum, right? And she’s gonna look at me and say, “What are you doing?!” And I’m gonna go, “What?! I’m mysterious!”

— Jim Jefferies
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by ijawkid(m): 10:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
thehomer:

Why did Yahweh allow Job to be tortured that way? And for his children to be killed? To satisfy his ego? A being who does that is considered to be evil or narcissistic. He then had Job have more children. As if that would replace the ones that were lost. Just ask a parent who loses a child and gives birth to 5 more. Ask them if they don't pine for the missing one.

Claiming that God's reasons are above human comprehension doesn't really help because for all we know, he may actually be an evil God who has deceived Christians into worshiping him.

Which reminds me of this quote from a comedian.

There u go asking the same old questions....

Even if I give an answer u wuldnt be satisfied with it........

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by thehomer: 10:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
ijawkid:

There u go asking the same old questions....

Even if I give an answer u wuldnt be satisfied with it........

You don't have a valid answer. If you think you do, then present it.
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by ea7(m): 11:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
In philosophy, I was taught if you want to prove something, your premises must be verifiable. Yours are not. So your argument (whatever trash you wrote as your op ) is invalid.
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by Areaboy2(m): 11:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
@ Jim Jefferies

I tot i was the only one that has seen that beer toting cvnt!! hahaha He's amazing grin grin grin grin grin grin, The Aussies get it right sometimes

"The bible calls heaven eternal bliss. Now I don't care how blissful it is, its ETERNAL. You'll get used to it, and then you'll be fcking bored" LOL
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by ijawkid(m): 11:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
ea7: In philosophy, I was taught if you want to prove something, your premises must be verifiable. Yours are not. So your argument (whatever trash you wrote as your op ) is invalid.

It might sound like trash,but that is what it is.....

U can't judge GOD....he is GOD..don't u get it??
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by ijawkid(m): 11:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
Area_boy: @ Jim Jeffries

I tot i was the only one that has seen that beer toting cvnt!! hahaha He's amazing grin grin grin grin grin grin, The Aussies get it right sometimes

"The bible calls heaven eternal bliss. Now I don't care how blissful it is, its ETERNAL. You'll get used to it, and then you'll be fcking bored" LOL

Aint u bored and tired of this insane world??
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by Areaboy2(m): 11:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Aint u bored and tired of this insane world??

I'm not actually cos i know it'll end someday smiley. Too bad for you on the other hand. Enjoy heaven, worshiping and singing glory to daddy bigboss day in day out. NICE !!!! tongue
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by ijawkid(m): 12:06am On Sep 13, 2012
Area_boy:

I'm not actually cos i know it'll end someday smiley. Too bad for you on the other hand. Enjoy heaven, worshiping and singing glory to daddy bigboss day in day out. NICE !!!! tongue

Its so sad to know ur convinced that u got no hope...

But I culd help...

Psalms 37:29....

U culd live on earth forever if u obey Yahweh and his son...

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by ea7(m): 12:40am On Sep 13, 2012
ijawkid:

It might sound like trash,but that is what it is.....

U can't judge GOD....he is GOD..don't u get it??

You realise you just agreed with me right?
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by Areaboy2(m): 12:44am On Sep 13, 2012
ijawkid:

Its so sad to know ur convinced that u got no hope...

But I culd help...

Psalms 37:29....

U culd live on earth forever if u obey Yahweh and his son...

Not a chance!

Can you tell me why i must obey them? doesn't make any sense to slave myself under one invincible beardy and one 1st century Jew.

When I can chart my own course, do good to my fellow man and live honestly!

All that seem to be missing is for me to agree that a 5 feet tall Jew died for my sins? silly undecided
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by Callotti: 12:57am On Sep 13, 2012

World English Bible
judgment.

No problem.
When you can give me a MORTAL like myself TO WORSHIP. . .with the same frailties, gimme a holla. I am not interested in an arrogant supernatural being created by the feverish machinations of EARTHLY, spiritual-cowards afraid to live and die in EVERY one breath. kiss
Till then. . .I don't plan to visit a church or anywhere 2 or 3 are gathered in HIS name in my lifetime to listen to the preacheries against mortals like moi.
Thank ya! kiss
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by ijawkid(m): 6:43am On Sep 13, 2012
Area_boy:

Not a chance!

Can you tell me why i must obey them? doesn't make any sense to slave myself under one invincible beardy and one 1st century Jew.

When I can chart my own course, do good to my fellow man and live honestly!

All that seem to be missing is for me to agree that a 5 feet tall Jew died for my sins? silly undecided

U feel u can do good perfectly to ur fellow man??

The only standard for goodness is Yahweh...if u don't meet up with it,then ur just been good in ur own eyes.....

And yes u gotta obey GOD...its not like u shuld be compelled to....Yahweh is appealing u do,since it will be for ur own good......

He's commandments and priciples aint burdensome......
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by ijawkid(m): 6:43am On Sep 13, 2012
Callotti:

No problem.
When you can give me a MORTAL like myself TO WORSHIP. . .with the same frailties, gimme a holla. I am not interested in an arrogant supernatural being created by the feverish machinations of EARTHLY, spiritual-cowards afraid to live and die in EVERY one breath. kiss
Till then. . .I don't plan to visit a church or anywhere 2 or 3 are gathered in HIS name in my lifetime to listen to the preacheries against mortals like moi.
Thank ya! kiss

So u wuld prefer u worshipped a mortal??

Mohammed is there...lol...
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by MacDaddy01: 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
God is a bad guy;

-Impregnated a virgin
-Flooded the whole world, thereby committing genocide
-Sacrificed his son, Jesus.
-Toyed with Abraham to kill his son.

etc
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 12, 2013
Ijawkid, u still dey drink ogogoro for Bayelsa? Which tym u go come back na? Year don dey old o...

Happy new year sha...
tongue
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by ijawkid(m): 6:17am On Jan 12, 2013
musKeeto: Ijawkid, u still dey drink ogogoro for Bayelsa? Which tym u go come back na? Year don dey old o...

Happy new year sha...
tongue

Lol.........my ogogoro tumbler don empty o.......I don show back.....I just dey look ona.......hw far na??..........hope you no go near baygon and muskeeto coils this year...grin
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 12, 2013
ijawkid:

Lol.........my ogogoro tumbler don empty o.......I don show back.....I just dey look ona.......hw far na??..........hope you no go near baygon and muskeeto coils this year...grin
I'll try my best... I don dey get cancer of the wings... Una use am too much last year, abeg sofry sofry dis year.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by ijawkid(m): 6:26am On Jan 12, 2013
musKeeto:
I'll try my best... I don dey get cancer of the wings... Una use am too much last year, abeg sofry sofry dis year.. cheesy

Agreed!!.....make we go give ourselves titles for deep sight thread.....oya.......cheesy
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 12, 2013
Hahhaa.. Ok o..
Re: Atheists And Agnostics??do U Doubt God's(yahwehs) Morality?? by AtheistD(m): 8:24am On Jan 12, 2013
We cant take God to court for the actions in the old testament. This is because God as an entity does not exist. grin

We can however take men of God to court who commit atrocities in the name of God.

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Prophesied About Synagogue Church Disaster!. It's Shocking! / TB Joshua Spits FIRE On Coroner's Verdict / If Moses Wrote The Five Books Of The Bible, Why Write About His Death And Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.