Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,158 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Is Israel Really The "Land Of Milk And Honey" as the bible says ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Israel Really The "Land Of Milk And Honey" as the bible says ? (1424 Views)

The Prayer Wonders With Milk And Honey. (praying With Material Formula) / Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? / Does Anyone Believe That 3am Is Really The Evil/demon Hour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Israel Really The "Land Of Milk And Honey" as the bible says ? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2014
as a Christian, I have heard about many stories and preachings where God promised the children of Israel that he will take them away from Egypt to a land flowing with milk and honey and for years I believed that story that Israel is really a land of milk and honey. Recently, I googled Israel and got a big shocker. Despite being in the oil rich middle east, Israel has no natural resources ! The Holy land has timber as its major natural resources and even at that the timbers cannot be tapped because it is a desert country. Israel also exports Clay ( red mud ) gotten from the dead sea.
Ironically, Israel has no oil at all, in 2009, it managed to drill only 10 barrels of oil per day while their neighbour Syria produced over 368,000 barrels per day. This discovery made me wondering . Did Joshua actually lead them to the promise land as written or did he take them to the wrong place unknowingly ? Did they miss the way somehow ? I'm confused because it just doesn't add up.

1 Like

Re: Is Israel Really The "Land Of Milk And Honey" as the bible says ? by psucc(m): 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
No he lead them aright. milk and honey were symbolic. inarguably, Israel has one of the best economy despite the arid land. This too just couldn't add up.

1 Like

Re: Is Israel Really The "Land Of Milk And Honey" as the bible says ? by 1stola: 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
psucc: No he lead them aright. milk and honey were symbolic. inarguably, Israel has one of the best economy despite the arid land. This too just couldn't add up.
lie!
which economy are u talking about?
Israel is no country! The land was just given to the Jews after ww2.
Get ur facts.
Re: Is Israel Really The "Land Of Milk And Honey" as the bible says ? by mployer(m): 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
1st ola:
lie!
which economy are u talking about?
Israel is no country! The land was just given to the Jews after ww2.
Get ur facts.
The land originally belongs to them

1 Like

Re: Is Israel Really The "Land Of Milk And Honey" as the bible says ? by BabaGnoni: 9:36pm On Jul 05, 2014
psucc:

No he lead them aright. milk and honey were symbolic.

inarguably, Israel has one of the best economy despite the arid land. This too just couldn't add up.

^^^
The symbolism is:
- milking cows can be major battles with the occasional kicks in the face or if not careful, on the gonads
- honey harvesting is not child's play, for your bravery or troubles, you will be stung by thousands of angry bees

21'You brought Your people Israel out of the land of Egypt with signs and with wonders,
and with a strong hand and with an outstretched arm and with great terror
;
22and gave them this land, which You swore to their forefathers to give them,
a land flowing with milk and honey.

- Jeremiah 32:21-22
Re: Is Israel Really The "Land Of Milk And Honey" as the bible says ? by BabaGnoni: 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
m-ployer:

The land originally belongs to them

^^^

Genesis 50:13
They carried him to the land of Canaan and buried him in the cave in the field of Machpelah, near Mamre,
which Abraham had bought along with the field as a burial place from Ephron the Hittite.

Deuteronomy 1:8
See, I have given you this land.
Go in and take possession of the land the LORD swore he would give to your fathers
--to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob--and to their descendants after them."

Ezekiel 20:6
On that day I swore to them that I would bring them out of Egypt into a land I had searched out for them,
a land flowing with milk and honey,
the most beautiful of all lands.
Re: Is Israel Really The "Land Of Milk And Honey" as the bible says ? by menix(m): 12:48am On Jul 06, 2014
Wat milk nd honey do u want wen dey thrive in midst of hates...ow many nation do u fink would withstand d enormous hate.
Re: Is Israel Really The "Land Of Milk And Honey" as the bible says ? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
menix: Wat milk nd honey do u want wen dey thrive in midst of hates...ow many nation do u fink would withstand d enormous hate.
milk and honey is supposed to mean natural resources na ?
Re: Is Israel Really The "Land Of Milk And Honey" as the bible says ? by emmyskies(m): 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
Let he that has wisdom see the truth:
"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. " (Revelation 3:12)

"And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it." (Revelation 21:24)
Re: Is Israel Really The "Land Of Milk And Honey" as the bible says ? by menix(m): 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
lofty900: milk and honey is supposed to mean natural resources na ?

Tot its written man mst no leave by bread alone?

(1) (Reply)

Why Sunday School Classes Are Better Than Sermons / Prayer To All Igbo's / Learning to Apologise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.