Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport (11879 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Cleaners Mopping The Floor Of Enugu Airport / Enugu Airport Flood Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by ARROBA(m): 3:22am On Sep 13, 2012
Ethiopian Airlines says it plans to start flights to the city of Enugu, in south eastern Nigeria soon as part of its attempt to extend its flight destinations in Africa’s most populous country and West African Power house Nigeria.
Tewolde Gebremariam CEO of the air carrier said Ethiopian also has plans to fly to the southern central port city and oil hub of Port Harcourt as well as Northern Nigeria’s largest city Kano, while increasing the number of flight trips to Nigeria’s capital city Abuja, Nigeria. “We want more flights to Abuja because now Abuja-Addis-Asia and Abuja-Addis-Dubai-Bangkok-China is the best flight option for Nigeria bound passengers,” said Tewolde adding that Ethiopian would be pleased to add flights to the country where it has been flying for more than 40 years. It currently has nearly 70 international destinations out of which 43 are in the African continent, while there are 17 domestic flights it operates.
The national flag carrier has recently started flights to the Indian ocean island archipelago of Seychelles, Toronto in Canada, and Port Novo in Benin. It is also planning to start flights before the end of 2012 to Kuala Lampur, capital city of Malaysia, expected to start on October 31 and Brazil’s commercial hub Sao Paulo, its first Latin America route expected to be in December.
As part of Vision 2025 Ethiopian plans to operate more than 120 airplanes flying to 90 plus destinations internationally carrying over 18 million passengers and 710,000 tons of cargo per annum while employing more than 17,000 people.
Its 2025 vision’s overarching objective is to continue the scaling up of profitable and sustainable growth to enhance its profitability and technology to make its staff, customers and financiers secure.
Ethiopian got its first Boeing 787 Dreamliner named “Africa first” delivered at Bole International Airport on August 17, 2012, making it the first African air carrier to receive the aircraft.
The airline is expected to receive a total of five 787 Dreamliner aircraft before the end of 2012 and five more airplanes in 2014

http://www.capitalethiopia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1617:ethiopian-to-start-flights-to-enugu-nigeria&catid=54:news&Itemid=27
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by dasparrow: 4:04am On Sep 13, 2012
@Post

That's very good. Nigeria should learn from Ethiopia. While Ethiopia airlines is rapidly expanding, Nigerian airways left her passengers stranded in England and then suddenly stopped operation until further notice. Nigeria we hail!
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by igbo2011(m): 5:18am On Sep 13, 2012
This is great, we need to work together to build Africa!! Learn from each other.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by ndala(m): 9:30am On Sep 13, 2012
igbo2011: This is great, we need to work together to build Africa!! Learn from each other.
atleast good thing is coming awt from nigeria grin
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Jack65: 9:36am On Sep 13, 2012
This is a very good news. Enugu airport will soon become a hub for the whole Southeast.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by yemi2plus(m): 9:36am On Sep 13, 2012
Wat is Ethiopian? Is it a name, aminal, place or thing?
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 13, 2012
Now foreign airlines are coming to rip us off when our own couldn`t live up to the bidding.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by chelseabmw(m): 9:37am On Sep 13, 2012
Wow..........So common Ethiopia that just gained their independence that day here.....Na wah ooo....Nigeria nor dey shame self?
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by olivertwist: 9:37am On Sep 13, 2012
Nice. Just a matter of time before the likes of BA, KLM, AIRFRANCE comes in.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by talktrue1(m): 9:39am On Sep 13, 2012
Nigerian Coal Corporation - dead
Nigerian Railway Corporation - Dead
Nigerian Telecommunication Plc - dead
Nigerian Airways - dead
Nigerian Postal Service - coma
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation - Cabalised

16 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by maclatunji: 9:40am On Sep 13, 2012
Ethiopian Airlines is really doing well. Can Nigeria for once run an airline profitably without destroying it?
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Okijajuju1(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2012
After a Long Ban for Garri related offences, OKIJA JUJU is BACK!!!..

So while I was away, Ndi Ethiopia abata go Obodo anyi.. angry

I dont like this development..

Send us a better airline.. I would even prefer Air China or Air India to this Ethiopian stuff.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 13, 2012
Okija_juju: After a Long Ban for Garri related offences, OKIJA JUJU is BACK!!!..

Send us a better airline.. I would even prefer Air China or Air India to this Ethiopian stuff.

grin grin grin, welcom
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Afam4eva(m): 9:46am On Sep 13, 2012
Okija_juju: After a Long Ban for Garri related offences, OKIJA JUJU is BACK!!!..

I understand your point. The airline that should come to Igboland should be the one one that goes to countries where Igbos go a lot. Countries like China, malaysia and Asia generally. Also we could have some of the major airlines(KLM, Lufthansa) in Igboland.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by onatisi(m): 9:48am On Sep 13, 2012

my guy do ur reasearch well well ethopian airline is one of the best if not the best in africa and ranks high in international rating ,they just took delivery of their dreamliner the first of its kind in africa and they have already ordered like 10 more .even south african airline no dey compete with them

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Belmot(m): 9:50am On Sep 13, 2012
chelseabmw: Wow..........So common Ethiopia that just gained their independence that day here.....Na wah ooo....Nigeria nor dey shame self?
ethiopia independence? Pls i want to know when they became independent...u guys need to verify your facts before typing ethiopia is as old as egypt.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by onatisi(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2012
talk true: Nigerian Coal Corporation - dead
Nigerian Airways - dead

you just made me laugh by mentioning coal cooperation.that one na independence dem don give am firing squad

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 13, 2012
Next I want see British, air france, german and chinese airways.... Time to dis-monopolize Lagos and open up SE economy cool

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 13, 2012
afam4eva:
I understand your point. The airline that should come to Igboland should be the one one that goes to countries where Igbos go a lot. Countries like China, malaysia and Asia generally. Also we could have some of the major airlines(KLM, Lufthansa) in Igboland.

Ethiopian airline is used as a "test-run" and definitely the big boys will join
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by ujukala: 9:58am On Sep 13, 2012
very good news!
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Afam4eva(m): 10:00am On Sep 13, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Ethiopian airline is used as a "test-run" and definitely the big boys will join
Let's not get it twisted. Ethiopian Ariline is a big gun in the arline business. It's just that the traffic from Enugu to Adis Ababa might not be much.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:02am On Sep 13, 2012
@Mad Cow

^^^Mad Cow, so how come your 'great' country Nigeria doesn't have a national carrier, but 'famine ravaged and diseased riddled dessert Ethiopia' has one they can be proud of? They say they want to serve the Enugu route, and you're not happy; instead you abuse them ?

This is a good development and will set the ball rolling.....when other airlines see how profitable it is, more of them may then be encouraged to fly directly into Enugu.

My only question is that if someone books a ticket from say London or New York to Enugu, would they have to go via Addis Ababa? It seems like a long journey to me.....the other side of the world undecided.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by sandee575(f): 10:04am On Sep 13, 2012
What we should be thinking is that if foreign airlines designate their routes across the country,local airlines will wind up because they won't have any passengers left to carry. Its already bad enough as it is because Kano, PortHarcourt, Abuja and Lagos are already being serviced by a number of foreign airlines. The same countries concerned shall not condone such a thing in their boudaries.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by MrGlobe(m): 10:04am On Sep 13, 2012
onatisi:
my guy do ur reasearch well well ethopian airline is one of the best if not the best in africa and ranks high in international rating ,they just took delivery of their dreamliner the first of its kind in africa and they have already ordered like 10 more .even south african airline no dey compete with them
don't mind that loud mouth without nothing. Ethopia Airlines is the biggest Air Coperation in Africa and can compete or even better than those Airlines he listed.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by staaari: 10:04am On Sep 13, 2012
Good Sign. Ethiopian airline is the best African Airline.

They have been doing well.

They are welcome... plus they have sweet babes to go round!
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by onatisi(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2012
afam4eva:
Let's not get it twisted. Ethiopian Ariline is a big gun in the arline business. It's just that the traffic from Enugu to Adis Ababa might not be much.
i beg pls help me tell them ooo.
why do ppl keep callin ethopian airline a small airline.this is one of the best airlines in the world it ranks very high and so far it is te best in africa ask anybody .na wa for nigerians oooo.
it is good as this will decongest the lagos airport a little by diverting ppl to enugu instead of lagos all the time and it will also boost our local airlines
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by Okijajuju1(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2012
afam4eva:

My point exactly.. Ethiopian Airlines is on the top 3 African airlines.. However, flying the Enugu route is rather unprofitable (sort or). But the only upside I see is that they do offer a flight to China, howbeit you would have to transit through 1 Nigerian State, Addis Ababa, Dubai before getting to bangkok. angry
Re: Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport by buchai: 10:09am On Sep 13, 2012
talk true: Nigerian Coal Corporation - dead
Nigerian Airways - dead

what abt NEPA and the recuperating PHCN?.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Relocated / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication / How Can One Apply For A New Zealand Visa In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.