Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? (11729 Views)

If You Plan Having Your Baby In America For Citizenship, You Need To Watch This / Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) / Welcome To Akure City (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by dustydee: 10:09am On Apr 21, 2015
The world's latest contender for statehood, Liberland, is a tiny new, self-proclaimed country sandwiched between Croatia and Serbia that lives up to its "live and let live" motto by offering optional taxes, its president said Monday.

"The key idea is voluntary taxes, creating a state so small that there's almost no state," Vit Jedlicka, a 31-year-old Czech politician from the liberal right-wing Free Citizens Party, told AFP.

To make his dream come true, Jedlicka used seven square kilometres (three square miles) of no-man's land by the Danube river between Serbia and Croatia to create Liberland on April 13.

While Croatia is an EU member, Serbia is not.

"Croatia claims that the territory is Serbian but Serbia doesn't want it and this situation has lasted for 24 years," Jedlicka said about the new country, located some 160 kilometres (100 miles) northwest of the Serbian capital Belgrade.

"The land is now ours," he said.

All Jedlicka had to do to claim possession of the land was make a declaration, which has now become part of a package Liberland is sending out to foreign ministries worldwide.

The politicians of this "constitutional republic with direct democracy features" will now have to negotiate free movement of goods and people across the border and other economic issues, Jedlicka said.

He claims someone has already offered to invest in Liberland's telecommunications infrastructure.

Solar panels will ensure energy self-sufficiency, though "it would be nice to have cross-border electrical wires", Jedlicka added.

Interest in the novel project is huge with its website (http://liberland.org/en/main/) registering 1.3 million visits in the past three days.

"This goes hand in hand with a huge interest in citizenship. We've received about 250,000 applications for citizenship in the past four days," Jedlicka said, adding that even diplomats worldwide are curious.

"I think we'll have a million (applications) by the end of the week."

Liberland's website sets high standards for citizenship.

Anyone wanting to acquire it must respect other people and their views, respect private property, have no criminal record and have no record as Communists, Nazis or other extremists

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/welcome-tiny-liberland-worlds-newest-tax-haven-194241346.html

http://liberland.org/en/about/

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 21, 2015
Ftc for d first eva. Oluwa o. I must apply. My dreams ar finaly coming to reality o. Chineke ime nem o
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 21, 2015
Liberland all d way
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 21, 2015
Are u joinin d ministry?
bissy93:
Liberland all d way
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
smithsydny:
Are u joinin d ministry?
Yes boss grin
smithsydny:
Are u joinin d ministry?
Yes boss
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Moana(f): 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2015
Dont worry very soon we will have an NL agent helping people register for citizenship grin
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
Lemme knw wen ur done with urs. Wil do mine today.
bissy93:
Yes boss ;DYes boss
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
smithsydny:
Lemme knw wen ur done with urs. Wil do mine today.
alryt
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
the registration is taking ages not going through at all...
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by cybug: 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
Just registered mine now... No hitch
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by spankyflex(m): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
cybug:
was any notification send to you after registration?
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2015
My own is rly messing up
cybug:
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by spankyflex(m): 6:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
smithsydny:
My own is rly messing up
same here
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
Its jst d urser name tin o. Abi dm no want me to be ther citizen?
spankyflex:
same here
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by WhyNa: 7:49pm On Apr 22, 2015
cybug:

I didn't receive any mail. Did you?
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
please guys don't use opera mini..use the normal web broswer it will work automatically.. finally did mine and just received an email..yea count down to becoming the free republic citizen.. ;Dplease guys don't use opera mini..use the normal web broswer it will work automatically.. finally did mine and just received an email..yea count down to becoming the free republic citizen..
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by WhyNa: 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
Did you receive the mail immediately? Just did mine but didn't receive any mail
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
I received shapaly logged in my mail and activated it shapaly..that's it..try it with web browser oooo..opera mini isn't working with the idiot
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by WhyNa: 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
smithsydny:
I received shapaly logged in my mail and activated it shapaly..that's it..try it with web browser oooo..opera mini isn't working with the idiot

I used chrome. Guess I have to reapply
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by WhyNa: 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
Had to register with another username and email. Got it now
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
WhyNa:

I used chrome. Guess I have to reapply
bros u wan run from Nigeria wahala dey ooooo...hehhehehehe... just use the normal browser biko... live all this downloaded stuffs
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by WhyNa: 8:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
smithsydny:
bros u wan run from Nigeria wahala dey ooooo...hehhehehehe... just use the normal browser biko... live all this downloaded stuffs

My guy shebi na your footsteps I follow cheesy
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by spankyflex(m): 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2015
I used the normal web browser n did it successfully
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
WhyNa:

My guy shebi na your footsteps I follow cheesy
hahhahahaha only ya name dem fit deny u..Godforbid..no worry dem go give us..make we get dual citizenship ..ameen

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
spankyflex:
I used the normal web browser n did it successfully
that how we roll...we must join them oo
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by spankyflex(m): 9:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
smithsydny:
hahhahahaha only ya name dem fit deny u..Godforbid..no worry dem go give us..make we get dual citizenship ..ameen
if you have any other additional info pls kindly share with the house.thanks
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by stepo707: 9:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
That's not the applcation oh.its just user registration.I learnt he form will be out later.so let's keep checking.
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by spankyflex(m): 9:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
stepo707:
That's not the applcation oh.its just user registration.I learnt he form will be out later.so let's keep checking.
saw it too,forms will be send to our emails
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2015
spankyflex:
if you have any other additional info pls kindly share with the house.thanks
asap bro
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by stepo707: 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
spankyflex:
saw it too,forms will be send to our emails
Ok.they had better hurry.I don tire for naija.I hop they won't be rascist too and they would have adequate jobs
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by cybug: 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
spankyflex:
was any notification send to you after registration?
Oh just checked my mail... No notification sent
Re: Welcome To Tiny Liberland:would You Apply For Citizenship? by cybug: 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
WhyNa:

I didn't receive any mail. Did you?
Just checked now, no mail.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can NECO Be Used In Getting Admission In Canada / Ethiopian Airlines In Talks To Take Over Arik Air. / DIY Info On Schengen Visa Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.