Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,743 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? (2404 Views)

How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! / Are You A Believer Or Atheist : Take This Simple Quiz To Be Sure / Salvation Is Simply Joinning Christianity If You Were A Muslim Or Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by mkmyers45(m): 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
Callotti: The price of illiteracy on NL remains free from inflation. Easily affordable! kiss
grin grin
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by CrazyMan(m): 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
thehomer: Sure I do. The science of cosmology and the science of biology tells us that humans are apes. Would you like some references?
Have you ever seen an ape become a human before?
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by plaetton: 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2012
tobechi20: Christians have Logical faith

d earth

if d earth were smaller,an atmosphere wil be imposible.if it were bigger,the atmosphere wil contain free hydrogen like jupiter. Earth has perfect mixture of gas to sustain life.

The location is perfect

earth is located at right distance from the sun. If d earth were a bit away from the sun, we wil freeze, if it were closer, we wil burn.
D earth also rotates round its axis ,allowing itself to be warmed continuously.

Is dis due to a sudden explosion ? Is it not obvious that someone made d earth lyk dis and placed it in dis location equiping it with atmosphere in d perfect combination.

When christians believe in God ,do u cal it blind faith?

You missed out the fact that it took more than 4 billions years of wobbling in space for the earth to attain the perfect orbit capable of sustaining organic life as we know it.
It did not just appear where it is.
It took billions of years and countless numbers of upheavals, collisions, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, heating and cooling, etc for the earth to evolve the conditions necessary to sustain life as we know it.
That is why we have mountains, valleys,canyons, gorges, rivers, lakes and continental drifts.

There is also no evidence to suggest that other life forms or even non carbon organic life cannot exists outside of our own optimal climatic prerequisites for life.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by plaetton: 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
CrazyMan:

This particular question is usually an indication of complex ignorance.
One cannot debate with this particular level of ignorance.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by mkmyers45(m): 12:56pm On Sep 13, 2012
CrazyMan:
Have you seen a talking donkey before?
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by plaetton: 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
CrazyMan:
You did not answer my question...I ask what you guys believe in...surely there must be something you found out that made you leave the christian camp.

My question is what is that thing?

Belief is for religious people. Why must anyone be required to believe what cannot be empirically deduced or proved?
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by CrazyMan(m): 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2012
plaetton: This particular question is usually an indication of complex ignorance.
One cannot debate with this particular level of ignorance.
You start countless of threads here on Nairaland asking christians if we've ever seen God before, and you demand for evidence. You claim that the story of Jesus is folly simply because you're yet to see any evidence.

Now your fellow atheist bethern says humans originated from apes, and I ask for evidence, and you call it ignorance.

You guys are just cowards.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by Niflheim(m): 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2012
@OP,the question of apes is the easiest,or haven't you ever heard of the bones of the "Neanderthal Man" and all the other discoveries at Olduvai Gorge?................skeletons of tall men with ape like skulls!!!This is primary school information so I am surprised that you are still searching for evidence of men being descendants of apes?......................No human being has ever seen a living mammoth,but because we have seen the preserved frozen body,we know that they existed and that they are the great grandfathers of the elephants!!!
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by CrazyMan(m): 1:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
mkmyers45: Have you seen a talking donkey before?
And did the talking donkey become a human being?
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by plaetton: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2012
CrazyMan:
You start countless of threads here on Nairaland asking christians if we've ever seen God before, and you demand for evidence. You claim that the story of Jesus is folly simply because you're yet to see any evidence.

Now your fellow atheist bethern says humans originated from apes, and I ask for evidence, and you call it ignorance.

You guys are just cowards.

What evidence are you looking for? Biblical evidence?

Have you heard of a place called " The Library" ?

Simple questions:
have you studied evolutionary biology?.
Have studied genetics?
Have you studied palaentology?
Have you studied archeology?
Have you studied anthropology?

C'mon man, we live in an information age?
Stop waiting for holy ghost revelation.
Go to the library.

Just go to your local Library and read up on the basics on these subjects.
You have a duty to educate yourself before you come out in public to argue out of gross and complex ignorance, the very worst form of ignorance.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by CrazyMan(m): 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
plaetton: What evidence are you looking for? Biblical evidence?

Have you heard of a place called " The Library" ?

Simple questions:
have you studied evolutionary biology?.
Have studied genetics?
Have you studied palaentology?
Have you studied archeology?
Have you studied anthropology?

C'mon man, we live in an information age?
Stop waiting for holy ghost revelation.
Go to the library.

Just go to your local Library and read up on the basics on these subjects.
You have a duty to educate yourself before you come out in public to argue out of gross and complex ignorance, the very worst form of ignorance.
You guys are bunch of clowns...when you ask a Christian any question here, you expect an immediate and satisfactory answer. Now I asked you people a simple question, you're speaking all this grammer and referring me to a library, just to cover up yourself.

Why should I go there? Isn't atheism the path you've chosen, why must I have to read to understand your so called science when I feel you have the answers I need?

Isn't that how you guys treat we christians here, do we refer you to any bible library?

Stop being a coward and answer my question.

And for your information, I'm an educated person.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by plaetton: 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
CrazyMan:
You guys are bunch of clowns...when you ask a Christian any question here, you expect an immediate and satisfactory answer. Now I asked you people a simple question, you're referring me to a library.

Why should I go there? Isn't atheism the path you've chosen, why must I have to read to understand your so called science whey I feel you have the answers I need?

Isn't that how you guys treat we christians here, do we refer you to any bible library?

Stop being a coward and answer my question.

Why must you read to understand?

OMG!
I can't believe what am reading.

I have no other comment.

On second thought, let me comment.

Atheism is neither a philosophy nor a religion. Atheists do not claim any devine knowledge.
Atheist LEARN by reasoning and Reading the consensus conclusions others have reachedt by the methods of observation, experimentation and analysis.

If you were playing hookie during your elemetary school science class, that is your loss.
If you want me to appear as the holy ghost and impart elemetary school knowledge to your head, then, sorry.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by Niflheim(m): 1:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
@crazy man,I don't get you,the evidence you are searching for is on google and the library with photographs and even short film documentaries,what are you still talking about?
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by Niflheim(m): 1:42pm On Sep 13, 2012
@crazy man,all your questions have already been answered !!!It is not by force to believe in anything,but if you want to know why I am not a christian anymore,it will still involve your going to a library and comparing the information in your bible(fallacious) with the information on google(verified)!!!
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by Delafruita(m): 1:46pm On Sep 13, 2012
saintvc: Atheist view christianity as illogical as unreasonable who uses blind faith. Atheist belive to be free from any blind faith, we need to detach ourself from any religion mental slavery.

Is this true?
Which requires more blind faith? Belief in a sudden xplosion from nothing or belief in a worlds creation by a creator
you religious folks have seriious problems.its like some screws are loose in your heads.when will you people understand there's a difference between atheists and evolutionists?not all atheists accept the theory of evolution so you shouldnt just generalise.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by CrazyMan(m): 1:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
plaetton: Why must you read to understand?

OMG!
I can't believe what am reading.

I have no other comment.

On second thought, let me comment.

Atheism is neither a philosophy nor a religion. Atheists do not claim any devine knowledge.
Atheist LEARN by reasoning and Reading the consensus conclusions others have reachedt by the methods of observation, experimentation and analysis.

If you were playing hookie during your elemetary school science class, that is your loss.
If you want me to appear as the holy ghost and impart elemetary school knowledge to your head, then, sorry.
Typical lifestyle of an atheist. When asked a question, you try to wriggle yourself out of it.

I ask you a simple question and you're here beating around the bush telling me that Atheism is neither a philosophy nor a religion. Atheists do not claim any divine knowledge.
Atheist LEARN by reasoning and Reading the consensus conclusions others have reached by the methods of observation, experimentation and analysis.

For your information, I'm well educated about science. Infact I offered biology as a borrowed course in school. So quit the crap and explain to me why apes haven't turned into humans ever since your reasoning and learning proved that theory.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by wiegraf: 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
What does atheism have to do with faith? There is no evidence for god, hence it requires no faith to dismiss the motion. Accepting it on the other hand requires faith (actually quite a lot of religious just turn their brains off, I'll blame fear/ indoctrination for that). Your issue is with science or the scientific method and/or the very vast majority of the scientific community which adopts big bang and evolution. You also seem to have a problem with people who support the scientific communities views.
I think that's a bit silly and hypocritical. You have a problem with science? Next time you sick pls pray the sick away, etc.

@crazy
Why so mad?
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by Delafruita(m): 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
saintvc: Atheist belive d world came from a big bang yet they dont know how, when and why the big xplosion ocured.

They think human came from apes but have no fosils to show. They trust scientific radioactive predating technique which calculates that life exists over ten milion years ago yet they havent seen the radioactive machine.they dont know how it is operated.

Are all these not blind faith?
disbelief in god doesnt translate to a belief in theories.personally,i have studied the theory of evolution and i havent been sold on it.it has its merits just as it has a lot of loopholes.
the big slam sounds ridiculous to some.but with recent advances,we have learnt more.the hubble has done its part to making us realise the plausibility of the bis slam.curiosity has about 22months to go then it will tell us all we need to know about how the world came to be
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by dekung(m): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
@tobechi20,
The distance between the earth and the sun is not constant. The earth moves in an eliptical orbit round the sun. Only about 21% of the atmosphere is usable by humans. More than 70% of earth is covered by water and 97% of that water is unusable for humans. As for The remaining 30% of land, a huge percentage is either covered by desert or ice which makes the place uninhabitable. Just because life and by extension humans have been able to crawl to a corner of the planet that just suports life we think this place was 'built' with us in mind. Well the truth probably is that this place happened without us in mind. Our solar system has 8 planets with several moons orbiting them yet only the earth is habitable! If a God actually did that job then on the grand scale of planetary habitation He scored 1/8 or 12.5%=F. On the scale of gaseous usability for animals He scored 21%=F. On the scale of water drinkability for humans He scored 3%=F. On the scale of land availability He scored 30%=F. Well the failure goes on and on.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by plaetton: 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
CrazyMan:
Typical lifestyle of an atheist. When asked a question, you try to wriggle yourself out of it.

I ask you a simple question and you're here beating around the bush telling me that Atheism is neither a philosophy nor a religion. Atheists do not claim any divine knowledge.
Atheist LEARN by reasoning and Reading the consensus conclusions others have reached by the methods of observation, experimentation and analysis.

For your information, I'm well educated about science. Infact I offered biology as a borrowed course in school. So quit the crap and explain to me why apes haven't turned into humans ever since your reasoning and learning proved that theory.

Crazyman, believe me. I really dont mean to appear rude or condescending.
But the question is sooooooo silly . It is quite embarrassing , even for me, to debate with or discuss with someone who wants to know why apes are not turning to humans.That is what am trying to make you understand.
I do not believe, at all, that you have studied simple biology, otherwise, you would not ask that question.

There have so many threads on the subject of evolution that even novices(even if disagreeing) would have been able to get the basic premise of evolution.

But since you insist, let me help you out.
You can thank me later.ok

Evolution is a process, an ongoing that takes lots of time. since time is infinite, evolution seems to be in no hurry. lol
It took 4 billion years after the big band or creation of the universe for simple unicellular organism to emerge.
It has taken almost another billion years from that point for the emergence of mammals, to bi-pedal hominids.

The point is that it can take tens, hundreds of thousands or even millions of years to for genes to manifest unique traits that could eventually lead to the emergence of a subset of species.
If a mutation occured in a particular species of apes hundreds of millions of years ago, it does not necessarily follow that all apes must undergo the same mutations indefinitely.
Like everything else in evolution,It was a chance occurrence, one out of trillions.

Homo sapien sapiens, modern humans, have been around for a less than 100,000 yrs. and in that time, there have been changes in stature, height, dentition and diet, , skin pigmentation and resistance to certain diseases.
Here in West Africa, Sickle cell anaemia and Our resistance to malaria is ample proof of the workings of evolution.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by dekung(m): 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
mkmyers45: Have you seen a talking donkey before?
Lmfao.....lwkmd.... this is epic!
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by CrazyMan(m): 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
plaetton: Crazyman, believe me. I really dont mean to appear rude or condescending.
But the question is sooooooo silly . It is quite embarrassing , even for me, to debate with or discuss with someone who wants to know why humans have not turned to apes.That is what am trying to make you understand.
I do not believe, at all, that you have studied simple biology, otherwise, you would not ask that question.

There have so many threads on the subject of evolution that even novices(even if disagreeing) would have been able to get the basic premise of evolution.

But since you insist, let me help you out.
You can thank me later.ok

Evolution is a process, an ongoing that takes lots of time. since time is infinite, evolution seems to be in no hurry. lol
It 4 billion years after the big band or creation of the universe for simple unicellular organism to emerge.
It has taken almost another billion years from that point for the emergence of mammals, to bi-pedal hominids.

The point is that it can takes tens, hundreds of thousands or even millions of years to for genes to manifest unique traits that could eventually lead to the emergence of a subset of species.
If a mutation occured in a particular species of apes hundreds of millions of years ago, it does not necessarily follow that all apes must undergo the same mutations indefinitely.
Like everything else in evolution,It was a chance occurrence, one out of trillions.

Homo sapien sapiens, modern humans, have been around for a less than 100,000 yrs. and in that time, there have been changes in stature, height, dentition and diet, , skin pigmentation and resistance to certain diseases.
Here in West Africa, Sickle cell anaemia and Our resistance to malaria is ample proof of the workings of evolution.
And why do you keep misinterpreting me if you say you don't want to sound rude.

Like I stated earlier, I know the story of evolution. And like the biblcal story of man, I wanted you to explain it to me, not because I want understanding, but because I wanted you to compare with the bible definition, then tell me which of the has more meaning to you.

If you refuse to believe that God created humans, then allow me to disagree with you that there was no such thing call the big b^ang and humans didn't originate from apes.

The essence of this debate was to prove to you guys that the part we both have chosen (christians and atheists) are theory based. There's no reality in each of our stories as you yourself can clearly see.

So if you ask me, I'd say, why not choose christianity where at least you have the chance of spending your eternity with a theory based God...which I feel is much better and more comforting than the big b^ang theory.

What do you think?
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by plaetton: 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
CrazyMan:
And why do you keep misinterpreting me if you say you don't want to sound rude.

Like I stated earlier, I know the story of evolution. And like the biblcal story of man, I wanted you to explain it to me, not because I want understanding, but because I wanted you to compare with the bible definition, then tell me which of the has more meaning to you.

If you refuse to believe that God created humans, then allow me to disagree with you that there was no such thing call the big b^ang and humans didn't originate from apes.

The essence of this debate was to prove to you guys that the part we both have chosen (christians and atheists) are theory based. There's no reality in each of our stories as you yourself can clearly see.

So if you ask me, I'd say, why not choose christianity where at least you have the chance of spending your eternity with a theory based God...which I feel is much better and more comforting than the big b^ang theory.

What do you think?

Ha ha ha.

We have fossil remains as evidence. we see mutation of micro-organisms in the lab. We have telescopes that reveal the universe's past.
We have similarities of some species.
We have enough evidence to back up the theories, but most importantly, we are still studying for new knowledge.

On the other hand, you faith is based on what?
The scriblings of stones age people who thought that diseases were caused by evil spirits and angry gods? Who sacrificed their children to placate angry gods?

Spend eternity with a theory based god?
You must be kidding.
The ancient Israelites spent 40yrs in the wilderness with your theory based god, and in that short period, he killed 40,000 of them for flimsy little issues.

Thanks , and NO Thanks.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by CrazyMan(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
plaetton: Ha ha ha.

We have fossil remains as evidence. we see mutation of micro-organisms in the lab. We have telescopes that reveal the universe's past.
We have enough evidence to back up the theories, but most importantly, we are still studying for new knowledge.

The scriblings of stones age people who thought that diseases were caused by evil spirits and angry gods? Who sacrificed their children to placate angry gods?

Spend eternity with a theory based god?
You must be kidding.
The ancient Israelites spent 40yrs in the wilderness with your theory based god, and in that short period, he killed 40,000 of them for flimsy little issues.

Thanks , and NO Thanks.
Plaetton you're indeed special.

You use science to justify and back up your claims and beliefs, and then focus on theory to write off christianity.

See how you just contradicted yourself...

You carefully explained to me how science proved that your believe about the origin of the world is valid. If you claim to believe in science, why couldn't science prove that God killed 40,000 people?

Why do you choose to believe it since it wasn't scientifically proven to be true?

You are quick to pass judgment on anything from the bible, but you take your time to surf the internet for answers pertaining to atheism.

Pathetic.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
Niflheim: @OP,the question of apes is the easiest,or haven't you ever heard of the bones of the "Neanderthal Man" and all the other discoveries at Olduvai Gorge?................skeletons of tall men with ape like skulls!!!This is primary school information so I am surprised that you are still searching for evidence of men being descendants of apes?......................No human being has ever seen a living mammoth,but because we have seen the preserved frozen body,we know that they existed and that they are the great grandfathers of the elephants!!!

Just because skeletons of modern humans that are older or of the same age as neantherdal man hasn't been found yet doesn't mean that humans & the so-called neantherdal homo sepiens species didn't co-existed at a particular time. What if the neanderthals were just another species of homo sapiens that were a little advanced than apes but weren't related to modern humans? So, to suggest that modern humans evolved from neanderthals or apes without any reasonable evidence isn't logical but pure guess work!

Why jump to conclusions when a lot of archaeological researches & discoveries are being made? Just like we can't jump to a conclusion that there aren't planets out there that could sustain life or even have alien life because more planets with the possibility of sustaining life are being discovered in our galaxy alone. Assumption isn't evidence (so, it's 50/50); any reasonable scientist wouldn't use asumptions as evidence!

Atheist & una evolution delusions, just to prove that God doesn't exist. Hell is real o, make una repent b4 e late o!grin gringrin
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by EvilBrain1(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
CrazyMan:
If only you took your time to scroll through my post, you would have noticed that I removed that post you quoted up there...meaning it wasn't necessary.
I'm fully aware that you edited your post. Just because you destroyed the evidence that you said something stúpid means nothing.

But then again I'm not surprised, atheists are the worst fools you can ever come across. They have no love, no respect, no kindness...in fact, they live a life of scorn. Very quick to judge other peoples faults as if you guys are perfect.

Bloody animals.
You accuse others of doing something. then do the exact same thing in with the same 3 sentences.

Define hypocrisy.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by plaetton: 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
CrazyMan:
Plaetton you're indeed special.

You use science to justify and back up your claims and beliefs, and then focus on theory to write off christianity.

See how you just contradicted yourself...

You carefully explained to me how science proved that your believe about the origin of the world is valid. If you claim to believe in science, why couldn't science prove that God killed 40,000 people?

Why do you choose to believe it since it wasn't scientifically proven to be true?

You are quick to pass judgment on anything from the bible, but you take your time to surf the internet for answers pertaining to atheism.

Pathetic.

Pls stop using the word believe. I was merely questioning your beliefs and your theory based god.
The beliefs are yours , not mine.

What answers pertaining to atheism?.
You guys still do not get it. Atheism is not a quest for any holy grail.
Atheists do not need to connect to any book, source or body to validation themselves.

Atheists are people who have a sovereignty of their minds. Simple.

Atheists are not canvasing for to fill empty rooms in any heaven.That job is for you.
I was an atheist before I read anything about atheism. I still have never read any book written by an atheist.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by plaetton: 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2012
seriallink:

Just because skeletons of modern humans that are older or of the same age as neantherdal man hasn't been found yet doesn't mean that humans & the so-called neantherdal homo sepiens species didn't co-existed at a particular time. What if the neanderthals were just another species of homo sapiens that were a little advanced than apes but weren't related to modern humans? So, to suggest that modern humans evolved from neanderthals or apes without any reasonable evidence isn't logical but pure guess work!

Why jump to conclusions when a lot of archaeological researches & discoveries are being made? Just like we can't jump to a conclusion that there aren't planets out there that could sustain life or even have alien life because more planets with the possibility of sustaining life are being discovered in our galaxy alone. Assumption isn't evidence (so, it's 50/50); any reasonable scientist wouldn't use asumptions as evidence!

Atheist & una evolution delusions, just to prove that God doesn't exist. Hell is real o, make una repent b4 e late o!grin gringrin

What do you call the bolded,? guesswork?
Talk about contradictions.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
plaetton: [/b]

What do you call the bolded,? guesswork?
Talk about contradictions.

That ain't guess work. I'm a Christian, it's all faith; it has biblical backups gringrin I know it sounds like some trash to you but it's the real thing man~
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by CrazyMan(m): 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2012
plaetton: Pls stop using the word believe. I was merely questioning your beliefs and your theory based god.
The beliefs are yours , not mine.

What answers pertaining to atheism?.
You guys still do not get it. Atheism is not a quest for any holy grail.
Atheists do not need to connect to any book, source or body to validation themselves.

Atheists are people who have a sovereignty of their minds. Simple.

Atheists are not canvasing for to fill empty rooms in any heaven.That job is for you.
I was an atheist before I read anything about atheism. I still have never read any book written by an atheist.
Goodness me...you can drive someone crazy with your twisted and highly contradictive replies.

Just listen to yourself here
[b]Plaetton [/b]We have fossil remains as evidence. we see mutation of micro-organisms in the lab. We have telescopes that reveal the universe's past.

The scriblings of stones age people who thought that diseases were caused by evil spirits and angry gods? Who sacrificed their children to placate angry gods

If you don't believe in anything, then what term would you use to classify your stand in matter of the above quote clown.

Evil Brain:
I'm fully aware that you edited your post. Just because you destroyed the evidence that you said something stúpid means nothing.

You accuse others of doing something. then do the exact same thing in with the same 3 sentences.
Exactly a typical atheists...you spend your whole life critizing other peoples faults...my advise to you is to get a life and leave christians and muslims alone.

Evil Brain: Define hypocrisy.
Ask nicely and I would give you the definition...
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by EvilBrain1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
seriallink:

Modern humans and Neanderthals did indeed coexist for a while. We know this from dating their bones, and because we have analyzed their DNA. In fact we know that humans and Neanderthals interbred for a while, the majority of Caucasians have some Neanderthal DNA and are thus partly descended from them. Scientists do not currently believe that modern humans evolved from Neanderthals. Instead, they were a separate human subspecies that evolved independently in Eurasia and have since gone extinct.

Nobody is jumping to anything. Scientists draw conclusions based on the best available evidence. Whenever credible new evidence arises, we evaluate it critically and update our theories to reflect it. It is religious people that jump to conclusions.

Nobody is trying to disprove your god. The best available evidence suggests that life on earth evolved solely through natural selection within the laws of physics. There is no credible evidence to suggest the involvement of any supernatural beings. Occam's razor means that scientists aren't going to crowbar an unnecessary god into their theories just to satisfy the judeo-Christian religious people. If you want your god included in science, then do some research to find his footprints or come up with a better theory than intelligent design.

Scientists are not going to abandon logic in order to pander to you people. You guys just have to deal with that.
Re: Christians Or Atheist?who Has More Blind Faith? by EvilBrain1(m): 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2012
seriallink:

That ain't guess work. I'm a Christian, it's all faith; it has biblical backups gringrin I know it sounds like some trash to you but it's the real thing man~

The biblical definition of faith is the evidence of things not seen. That is basically is an admission that faith is the irrational belief in imaginary things.

The bible is a valuable cultural resource but to base your whole life on it is crazy. The bible is an amalgamation of dozens of different texts and manuscripts all of which have been copied, edited, translated, revised and doctored by thousands of different people over 2500 years. Some of these people made mistakes, some of than changed it to reflect their own preconceived ideassome were outrightly fraudulent. The parts of the bbile that are the most frequently changed are those that deal with the central principles of Christianity and Judeism: Monotheism, the nature of god, the nature of christ, the trinity, etc.

There isn't even agreement on which books should and shouldn't be included the bible. The bible you have today is the result of centuries of changes reinforced by the suppression, persecution and murder of those who believed in different versions of it.

What I'm trying to say to you is that biblical backup is no backup at all. You are building a house on sand.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer / The Muslims Are Protesting Against ISIS / Is Physical Abuse Enough To Get A Divorce As A Born Again Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.