Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,510 members, 7,770,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:50 AM

How to Prepare Pepper Soup - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How to Prepare Pepper Soup (51854 Views)

Would You Eat This Snake Pepper Soup? (Photo) / How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / How Can I Prepare Pepper Soup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by maki(f): 10:06am On Apr 18, 2006
HEY DEARZI
AM HAPPY YOU ARE FEELING ME wink
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by ono(m): 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2006
Erm I don come back.
Wey all da Waffi people on this board? Oya, make all the ladies/girls from whether na Bendel or Edo/Delta, begin demonstrate for all da people here how to prepare correct Ukodo with solid dry fish. I don try am during Easter, and I wan eat am everyday.

I dey wait.
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by maki(f): 10:02am On Apr 20, 2006
does any one here want to try kalabari native soup

something you cant afford to resist
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by ono(m): 3:31pm On Apr 20, 2006
@Maki,
Are you from Kalabari? I once ate one delicious kalabari soup the other day at one restaurant in Portharcourt. Very delicoius it was, joke apart, I believe the Niger Delta people have some of the best delicacies in Nigeria.
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by maki(f): 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2006
ono:

@Maki,
Are you from Kalabari? I once ate one delicious kalabari soup the other day at one restaurant in Portharcourt. Very delicoius it was, joke apart, I believe the Niger Delta people have some of the best delicacies in Nigeria.

hey you are sure right boy, niger deltans have some good meals in nigeria

yes i'm from kalabari
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by ono(m): 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2006
Hey! I'm no boy o. By the way, why did you call yourself a bad girl? You don't look bad to me. You look pretty cool (most Kalabari ladies are) Maybe I'm not getting the jerk.
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by maki(f): 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2006
am sorry about that

thanks for the correction i thougt you are a guy

thanks for the compliments too
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by eveseh(f): 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2006
i love pepper soup,but i dont know how to prepare it,
my mom does it for me tongue tongue tongue
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by spoilt(f): 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2007
Ths thread is pure torture. tongue tongue tongue
I love pepper soup. When i cook mine i just put all the puttables and somehow it turns out right. i dont like fish pepper soup. cant eat fish if its not fried. I use beef, liver,'towel' and goat meat. i cook them and cut to cube sizes. then i add the pepper. the pepper you use is important. i prefer to use nsukka pepper or cameroun pepper. they are not just hot but tasty as well. i add maggi or knorr, thyme, curry, garlic, etc. some uziza , utazi and yeah i eat it with yam or boiled irish potatoes. It truly is food of the gods. grin grin
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by omoge(f): 12:46am On Oct 08, 2007
O la la la. Spoilt, the real pepper soup grin with all the spare parts, including small and large intestines of goat grin.
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 08, 2007
"towel" has a disgusting smell!!

Where can we get the nsukka or cameroon pepper? surely we dont have to visit cameroun for it. . . help us o.
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 08, 2007
I have never bought or cooked "towel" but would gladly eat it especially stewed.
low fat food.
It is the real white meat
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 08, 2007
the towel here i think is treated with something that can make u throw up just sniffing it. i'll wait to visit Nigeria to eat my next towel. Even the goats here dont have that nice naija goat smell.
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by omoge(f): 12:53am On Oct 08, 2007
wetin dey your nose  grin?
you are right sha. the way it smells in nig isn't funny. and it's brownish, looking back i'd say eewww grin. seeing the same towel here shocked me. i didn't even know it was the same towel/shaki/trippe.
oyinbo wonders  grin
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by aloib(f): 12:53am On Oct 08, 2007
wicked pipus, see my mouth watering**** goes to cook noddles and hot sauce,
y'all suck
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by omoge(f): 12:54am On Oct 08, 2007
noodles?? well, am eating rice and goat meat stew filled with hot pepper grin
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 08, 2007
you are buying the wrong goat meat david

Some African stores sell goat that have their skin burnt just like in naija,others sell the ones they use hot water in commoting the hairs.
There's a big difference in taste.

The "towels" in regular stores are "bleached"
African stores have the real deal!
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 08, 2007
aloib:

wicked pipus, see my mouth watering**** goes to cook noddles and hot sauce,
y'all suck

enjoy ya plate of indomie dear.
I hear you can even put ugu leaves grin
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by aloib(f): 12:58am On Oct 08, 2007
cry cry cry cry cry

no worries, i'm getting my garri two weeks time, after 3 years
ill post pics wen i saok my garri, yum yum

lol, wer i go get ugu, who has tried cabbage and sardines wid hot and spicy noddles, yum yum
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by omoge(f): 12:58am On Oct 08, 2007
yes it smells like bleach  grin i don't eat it that much. when i do, i cook it first before using it in my stew, i doubt it if i can still eat towel in Nigeria unless it is not brownish.

yes david is buying the wrong one lol. david, the real goat meat is in Philly  grin real roast on real fire grin
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 08, 2007
omoge:

yes it smells like bleach grin i don't eat it that much. when i do, i cook it first before using it in my stew, i doubt it if i can still eat towel in Nigeria unless it is not brownish.

yes david is buying the wrong one lol. david, the real goat meat is in Philly grin

sounds like an invitation.
David,hanlele
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by omoge(f): 1:03am On Oct 08, 2007
david, whenever you plan going to silver spring, let me know. i will give you Obeng store address. their goat meat is really nice. you can buy 1 whole goat with everything intact grin even head and tail grin
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by omoge(f): 1:08am On Oct 08, 2007
haha, not really undecided

nwando:

sounds like an invitation.
David,hanlele
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by omoge(f): 1:11am On Oct 08, 2007
ummmm, don't try african store shaki o. your teeth go suffer grin i warned you. you go cook am tire maybe burn down the apartment or house, goodness!! never in a place with campus safety grin grin pano pano go knock your door grin
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by spoilt(f): 1:28am On Oct 08, 2007
i kind of like the 'towel' here. at least it has been bleached clean. The 'towel back home looks like it still contains the goat's dinner! grin eew!

@davidylan
the cameroun pepper is shipped to me from naija and its bought at oyingbo market. its costly as heck but well worth the trouble. Its aroma and taste is legendary.
The problem i have with goatmeat from african stores is that it is so tough. you could cook for eternity and a day and still it doesnt get tender.
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by Nobody: 1:36am On Oct 08, 2007
See as my mouth just dey water. . . embarassed
Obeng store no get website or phone number online na wa o. . .

Spoilt, that bleached towel is disgusting, i prefer the one that still has the goats dinner inside, you just wash and perboil in water for a few mins and use a knife to scrape off the lining and u are set to cook.

Abeg send me some cameroon pepper jo.
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by spoilt(f): 1:48am On Oct 08, 2007
davidylan:

See as my mouth just dey water. . . embarassed
Obeng store no get website or phone number online na wa o. . .

Spoilt, that bleached towel is disgusting, i prefer the one that still has the goats dinner inside, you just wash and perboil in water for a few mins and use a knife to scrape off the lining and u are set to cook.

Abeg send me some cameroon pepper jo.

now im salivating like a pavlov dog too. dang! i'll probably use my public holiday tomorrow to cook pepper soup
davidylan how much can you pay for the pepper? Do you even know how to cook first of all?
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by omoge25(f): 1:56am On Oct 08, 2007
the goat meat here i dont buy it from store, instead i go to an animal farm where you can have them kill the goat/cow/turkery/whatever and they cut it for you. that is also were i get my shaki from because the ones they carry at the latino stores for menudo is so white in color. Sometimes the asian markets carry shaki too.

spoilt has really got me thinking about this cameroun pepper thing, i might look for a cameroun store here in houston or something i want to try it.
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 08, 2007
spoilt:

now im salivating like a pavlov dog too. dang! i'll probably use my public holiday tomorrow to cook pepper soup
davidylan how much can you pay for the pepper? Do you even know how to cook first of all?

With the right ingredients i sabi cook pass u. tongue
Is there public holiday tomorrow?

I cant pay for the pepper o, but i promise to prostrate for you if we meet. grin
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by spoilt(f): 2:05am On Oct 08, 2007
sabi cook pass who? i cook very well. You no get columbus day for new york? see you.
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by Nobody: 2:13am On Oct 08, 2007
Columbus day no dey apply to us.
no be your fault, as long as you can boil rice everyone thinks they can now cook . grin
Re: How to Prepare Pepper Soup by spoilt(f): 12:47am On Oct 09, 2007
I'm a good cook. you should see the size of 'Mr spoilt'. grin
That's good evidence right there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cook-a-thon: Man Offers Chef Damilola Two Weeks Cook Tour In US / Guinness World Record Holder, Chef Lata Reacts To Insults By Nigerians (Picture) / Five Reasons Why Eating From Fast Food Joints Is Not Advisable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.