Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,448 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:08 AM

The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM (74914 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Speculated Design Of Iphone7 / Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards / MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by hammedkola(m): 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2012
Can our Gsm network provider manufacture this Iphone 5 Nano SIM?.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by walcolm(m): 7:17am On Sep 17, 2012
there's no speculation about it and i hear a sim cutter is beginning to show up that can be used to convert existing micro and normal sim to nano sim
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 17, 2012
yes, but they will have to take permission and pay for it, its like a patent thing.
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by walcolm(m): 10:05am On Sep 17, 2012
cyclops4real: yes, but they will have to take permission and pay for it, its like a patent thing.

take permission from who?

the only device using nanosim in the world today is Apple iPhone5...with the way they have been suing all the other manufacturers, i'm sure nobody will implement their crappy nanosim technology unless it becomes an industry standard and once that happens, nobody has to pay to use it. i don't see all that process going through for another 3 years.

for the unfortunate iPhone users who will want to buy the iPhone5, all you have to do is cut your current sim to the nano size if you live in a disorganized country like Nigeria and u dont need to pay anybody to do that. for those living in the western world where the iPhone is getting released first, it will come with a free nanosim that is used to replace your current sim and number when you upgrade to the iPhone5
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by ayoflyn(m): 12:09pm On Sep 17, 2012
will the normal sim work if they cut it to the nano sim size?
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by walcolm(m): 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2012
ayoflyn: will the normal sim work if they cut it to the nano sim size?

yep... that's what the sim cutter is meant for. right now, you can cut your normal sim into microsim size and the same will be true for the nanosim
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2012
walcolm:

the only device using nanosim in the world today is Apple iPhone5...with the way they have been suing all the other manufacturers, i'm sure nobody will implement their crappy nanosim technology unless it becomes an industry standard and once that happens, nobody has to pay to use it. i don't see all that process going through for another 3 years.

for the unfortunate iPhone users who will want to buy the iPhone5, all you have to do is cut your current sim to the nano size if you live in a disorganized country like Nigeria and u dont need to pay anybody to do that. for those living in the western world where the iPhone is getting released first, it will come with a free nanosim that is used to replace your current sim and number when you upgrade to the iPhone5
its a good thing u know say na mephone start to use am as a company in tech there are rules u want it i take permmision thats wat am yanning else mephone will leave sammy alone and turn to u
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by Okijajuju1(m): 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2012
Why do people even bother with the iphone sef?!

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is coming out next month yall...

1 Like

Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by masterpiecer(m): 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2012
There is nothing special about the so-called nano sim, there are other andriod phones dat uses micro sim, the only difference is just size, and that's what the cutter is meant for.
I just hate Apple for what they did to Sammy:-(
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by hustla(m): 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
K
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by maclatunji: 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
masterpiecer: There is nothing special about the so-called nano sim, there are other andriod phones dat uses micro sim, the only difference is just size, and that's what the cutter is meant for.

Really? Are you a "Sammy" shareholder?
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by habumaks(m): 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2012
If i use a chisel or a cutlass to chisel/trim my normal sim will it still work Or do we need a special 'sim cutter'

Sim workshop/carpentary is a good business idea for me cheesy
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by Jisunpack: 3:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
masterpiecer: There is nothing special about the so-called nano sim, there are other andriod phones dat uses micro sim, the only difference is just size, and that's what the cutter is meant for.

Gramm!
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by Bawss1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2012
walcolm:

The nano-sim has since been approved as a standard by the ETSI (European Telecommunications Standard Institute). http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/1/3056638/etsi-nano-sim-format-approved. I don't think any licensing is involved, it is not a patent so anybody can use it.
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2012
no big deal!!
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by Daunashamed(m): 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2012
But what's the advantage of this nano-sim over its predecessors?
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by hammedkola(m): 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2012
Bawss1:

The nano-sim has since been approved as a standard by the ETSI (European Telecommunications Standard Institute). http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/1/3056638/etsi-nano-sim-format-approved. I don't think any licensing is involved, it is not a patent so anybody can use it.

This is Africa!!, we can decide what we want also
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by Okijajuju1(m): 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2012
At this rate, the Iphone 6 would be simless..

5 Likes

Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by Emmykeyz(m): 4:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
HOW DOES THIS AFFECT THE PRICE OF *U KNOW WHAT*?! undecided
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by masterpiecer(m): 4:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
maclatunji:
Y
Really? Are you a "Sammy" shareholder?

Yes o.
Apple with their itunes restrictions just piss me off, Sammy is very flexible, all u need is just a google acct. I'm 4ever a Sammy fan
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by Bawss1(m): 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2012
hammedkola:

This is Africa!!, we can decide what we want also

See this one. What does Africa or any continent have to do with the topic. The fact remains that a telecoms standardization organization has given the nano-sim the necessary approval as an industry recognized format/standard.
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by Bawss1(m): 4:31pm On Sep 17, 2012
Da-unashamed:
But what's the advantage of this nano-sim over its predecessors?

It allows for more room for other components of the phone because of its reduced size.
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by stephenponti(m): 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
There is a device already available to do the magic of converting the micro sim to nano sim. www.yoyobase.com/iphone-5-simcard-cutter-cut-any-gsm-sim-into-nano-or-any-micro-sim-into-nano-sim.html
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by majekleo(m): 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2012
Okija_juju: At this rate, the Iphone 6 would be simless..
#Fact.
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by hammedkola(m): 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2012

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by fortran12: 5:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
whats all the fuss about? just use a sim cutter and reduce your sim card to any size!!!!!!!
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by inemboy16: 5:56pm On Sep 17, 2012

Hahahahahahahaha..... Real talk.
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by omafones: 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2012
Nano/Micro Sim Cutter

For cutting both Nano sim size and Micro sim size

The SIM Adapter is an amazing new product for iPhone 5, which will cut the Standard SIM card and or Micro SIM card into the Nano SIM size.

The cutter is made of high-quality stainless steel, and the cutter core adopts the wire cutting technology to ensure the high precision. This pack also comes with a free sim pack below to adapt from nano to micro/nano to standard, and micro to standard.

The first Micro Sim Cutter in world,Patent No.:201020244026.8 And now,aim at the new standards Nano sim card,The 3rd generation Nano Sim Cutter is designed in China.Your normal sim card can be cut the same size as Nano sim/Micro sim with perfect accuracy.Noosy 3rd generation Cutter made of stainless steel,the core of the cutter technology to ensure that shear card high-precision,you can repeat thousands of times to use it but without any deformation.

Your standard sim card & micro sim card can be cut the same size as Micro
or Nano sim card with perfect accuracy

Standard sim to micro sim for your iphone 4S/4 or ipad

Micro sim to nano sim for your iphone 5

There is claim that the nano sim is 15% thinner than the normal sims we are all use to.

If this is the case then all you need to do is rub down the non chip side of your sim on sanding paper a few times,

15% of less than 1mm is next to nothing to rub off lol.....

If you are not happy with this do not buy.

Do not be foiled by other listings claiming to have these any earlier.....
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by SmileGirl(f): 6:24pm On Sep 17, 2012
I am warning the evil mouthed people on Nairaland to stop speaking evil of Nigeria and God because you will promote punishment on your life.
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by phileng: 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2012
walcolm:

yep... that's what the sim cutter is meant for. right now, you can cut your normal sim into microsim size and the same will be true for the nanosim
No. Cutting the sim to size is not all it takes. The nanosim is also 18% thinner than the other sim types. You will need to sand the back to make it thinner to fit. That's a risk though, but you can't help except you get it straight from the telecoms company.
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by timbros(m): 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
What if i cut my sim to nano size and another baaaad phone enter market with normal sim size, wetin i go come do if i buy am? cry
Re: The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM by emorse(m): 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2012
Iphone 7 nko?

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Unveils New Logo (Pictures) / Airtel 5 Times Recharge Bonus And Free Megabyte Data. / How To Change The Phone Number In BVN??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.