Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,737 members, 7,813,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards (22920 Views)

6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! / MTN To Introduce Nano-SIM Cards / The Speculated iPhone 5 Nano SIM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards by bongolistik(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
I know that up till now, many are still confused about the differences between Mini SIM cards, Micro SIM card and Nano SIM cards. With this little tutorial, you will be able to know their differences and get rid of that confusion from your head. Because some think that Micro SIM and Nano SIM are the same while some don't understand it when they mention Mini SIM

Now let start with the Mini SIM card...The Mini SIM card is what you regard as the normal SIM card size or Standard SIM card that almost all of you use then on your Nokia 3310 and Nokia torchlight phones and are still using it presently in most of your smartphones. It measures about 25mm in length and about 15mm in width.

Then coming down to Micro SIM.....Micro is the smaller version of the Mini SIM, almost half the height of the Mini SIM and slightly narrower in width. Here, you will notice that the chip section of the SIM is almost centralized when facing it to your eyes and comes with smaller extra meat of the card surrounding the chip portion.

Finally, the Nano SIM...the Nano SIM is the smallest of the 3 SIMs, with only the chip portion. Meaning it is exactly the same size as the chip section with no extra meat at the four edges. Cutting a Mini SIM with a pair of scissors into Nano size involves extra care not to cut through the cheap portion which hands your device its network.

Iphone 4 was the first device to use the Micro SIM. All Nokia Lumia devices today uses either the Micro SIM or the Nano SIM

http://highteknology..com/2014/09/still-confused-about-mini-micro-and.html

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards by eddyland: 1:47pm On Sep 05, 2014
true. I hav alwys thought thad Micro SIM is d same with Nano SIM. Gud one OP
Re: Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards by lawrenceunaa: 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
TFS=Thanks For Sharing

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards by yuzjet(m): 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
Kudos....

But a picture of d three would help more!

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards by eddyland: 9:28am On Sep 06, 2014
yuzjet: Kudos....

But a picture of d three would help more!
I saw the images the OP included at d link up there
Re: Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards by yuzjet(m): 10:21am On Sep 06, 2014
eddyland: I saw the images the OP included at d link up there

Oh really? Can u help me to post it here?
Re: Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards by eddyland: 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
yuzjet:

Oh really? Can u help me to post it here?
here is it

3 Likes

Re: Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards by yuzjet(m): 2:55pm On Sep 06, 2014
eddyland: here is it

Got it. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards by eddyland: 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
u ar welcom
Re: Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards by seunlayi(m): 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
Op, your head dey there

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Mini, Micro And Nano SIM Cards by bongolistik(m): 9:39am On Sep 08, 2014
seunlayi: Op, your head dey there
yeah, I decided to put it up, cos recently I mentioned Nano SIM to two differnt guys, nd they wr lik 'which one be Nano SIM again, dat dey knw of only Standard SIM and Micro SIM'

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Takes Down Tatafonaija Account / ‘new NITEL’ Targets 50m 4G Subscribers / 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.