Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823248 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 8:47am On Feb 16, 2015
alutacontinua:

una fit speak English ehn angry
you go dey scatter my small head undecided

USMLE and MB1 are 2 entirely different exams!
I doubt the likes of Microbiology, Psychology, Path, Pharm, Epidermiology are part of the MB1.
Besides, the american system and british system of medial school are 2 distinct systems. Someone was just telling me today that you spend 2 years on top peads and gynae shocked shocked shocked You'll need to recondition your brain for step 1.

I am grateful for this. Pls, I need more insight bordered on reconditioning my brain. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mubaraq95: 9:31am On Feb 16, 2015
Nah.. distinctn is still 75% in U.I. 80% is a rumour.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bitex2(m): 11:06am On Feb 16, 2015
Mubaraq95:
75% instead of 70% is still herculean
pls sir,I need to know more about the new UI curriculum.Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 1:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
Which of these medical schools is best, pls answer asap and honestly. IMSUTH, DELSUTH and ABSUTH. Kinda confussed.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 1:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
simba1:
Which of these medical schools is best, pls answer asap and honestly. IMSUTH, DELSUTH and ABSUTH. Kinda confussed.
DELSUTH wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 2:44pm On Feb 16, 2015
Really? Pls can u give me at least one reason why? Thanks
smartdave1:

DELSUTH wink

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2015
simba1:
Really? Pls can u give me at least one reason why? Thanks

ANSU College of Medical Sciences is not fully accredited by MDCN. This is a flaw in their aspect.

Can't really tell about IMSU.

DELSUTH success in kidney transplant gave them my thumbs up.

Again IMSU's school fees is about 150k for non-indigene. But DELSU is about 45 - 50 k
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 3:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
Nope! AND I DIDNT SAY ANSU
smartdave1:

ANSU College of Medical Sciences is not fully accredited by MDCN. This is a flaw in their aspect.

Can't really tell about IMSU.

DELSUTH success in kidney transplant gave them my thumbs up.

Again IMSU's school fees is about 150k for non-indigene. But DELSU is about 45 - 50 k
IMSU is free for all! What abt ABSU?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bitex2(m): 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
simba1:
Nope!IMSU is free for all! What abt ABSU?
ABSU is fully accreditated but their tuition fee is costly.Around 150k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2015
Penboy:

Wow, I thought you're were in OAU.

Anyway * spreads mat to listen well *
cry cry cry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2015
Yea. I knw
bitex2:

ABSU is fully accreditated but their tuition fee is costly.Around 150k.
is there anyother less competitive Med. School that can favour an Abian like me?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
Mubaraq95:

A lecturer in anatomy told us this during an orientation programme. Students in 300 level also verified this for me.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2015
simba1:
Nope! AND I DIDNT SAY ANSU

IMSU is free for all! What abt ABSU?

wow! free school fees for all the last time I checked it was free for only indigenes.

sorry for the oversight.

I don't know much about ABSUTH. They might be good tho but DELSUTH still have it.

ABSU medicos come and tell us what ABSUTH has got.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
Yes free. Election things.
smartdave1:

wow! free school fees for all the last time I checked it was free for only indigenes.

sorry for the oversight.

I don't know much about ABSUTH. They might be good tho but DELSUTH still have it.

ABSU medicos come and tell us what ABSUTH has got.
Which other State Unis do u consider fessible?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 16, 2015
Med school

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mubaraq95: 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
AmbFitsaint:

A lecturer in anatomy told us this during an orientation programme. Students in 300 level also verified this for me.

during our orientatn lastyr, one of our classmates asked d H.O.D of physiology d@ questn nd d reply he gave was 75%: and also we were told by one of our lecturers d best student lastyr had 3 distinctns with 75% in ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 7:18pm On Feb 16, 2015
simba1:
Yes free. Election things. Which other State Unis do u consider fessible?

check this link. It might be useful.

https://www.mdcn.gov.ng/index.php/training/accredited-medical-institutions
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bitex2(m): 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
simba1:
Yea. I knwis there anyother less competitive Med. School that can favour an Abian like me?
Try ESUT
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
AmbFitsaint:
All protocols observed with reverence.

Now that the preclinicals battle has begun, I deemed it politic to draw out plans to scale through the anatomical, physiological and biochemical mountains. But I realised I needed to rapport with intrepid soldiers who are already equipped, versed and informed with a focused view to having an auspicious head-start and a stunning big picture. Where is the best place in the world to find them? Says my heart .

If not on this awesome thread, where could it have been?

Pls, I stumbled on some medical test books and I realise the ease of getting depressed sequel to the large volume of stuffs to cover in a little frame of time. How do u handle this?

Consistency has been d common best advice for a green medic. What is your definition or is it just abt jacking everyday?

Do u skip dissections to create more personal study time?

Now that a distinction in my college is 80%... I can't imagine its remote possibility. With d new syllabus thingy in UI. I learnt we would round off BCH,anat and physio in 8 months and subsequently start path and pharm even b4 MB1. Hmmmnn.
Is prep towards MB1 enough to ace USMLE step one or is there a decrepancy in the syllabuses of both?

Time and space won't permit me to go further.

Senior medics in the hauz, your younger ones need u and u.

Mega thanks.
I THINK this new curriculum is ALMOST the same thing as what Unilorin is using. In the Preclinicals, they use 2 months for a semester(i think they call it posting), which sums up to 8months as you've said above covering same thing( But i heard they do a bit of MCB in 300l too)... COBES excluded in that 8 months o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 8:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
UNILORIN to start Dentistry next academic session- VC

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by projectworks(m): 10:04pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hello Students,
This new site is too bring to your awareness, where you can get your project materials, up to dates, and approved
Project Material is a web service aimed at successfully assisting final year students with quality, well researched, reliable and ready made project work. Our materials are recent, complete (chapter 1 -5, with references) and well written.
kindly check for your materials here universitiesprojectmaterials.com. and like our facebook https://www.facebook.com/universitiesprojectmaterials

cheers!! and goodluck
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 17, 2015
Mubaraq95:

during our orientatn lastyr, one of our classmates asked d H.O.D of physiology d@ questn nd d reply he gave was 75%: and also we were told by one of our lecturers d best student lastyr had 3 distinctns with 75% in ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY.

Distinction is now 80% for the next set of preclinical students because their tests will carry 40% of their MB scores instead of 30% that ours is carrying. I heard it's due to NUC regulation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 6:29am On Feb 17, 2015
projectworks:
Hello Students,
This new site is too bring to your awareness, where you can get your project materials, up to dates, and approved
Project Material is a web service aimed at successfully assisting final year students with quality, well researched, reliable and ready made project work. Our materials are recent, complete (chapter 1 -5, with references) and well written.
kindly check for your materials here universitiesprojectmaterials.com. and like our facebook https://www.facebook.com/universitiesprojectmaterials

cheers!! and goodluck
Pls boss, how can this better our studentship?

I thought it is a page. I've sent my frnd request tho
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fejiro550: 10:57am On Feb 17, 2015
i am a 3rd year medical student in china,what are the things to prepare for after graduation from here...the exams,internship..the details...you can reply here for the benefit of all;or you can reply to my email eejakpovi@ymail.com.am also looking to make friends with doctors and upcoming doctors.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vibesking(m): 11:45am On Feb 17, 2015
Is there any medical school I can apply for without jamb?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eyideejay(m): 11:53am On Feb 17, 2015
AmbFitsaint:
All protocols observed with reverence.

Now that the preclinicals battle has begun, I deemed it politic to draw out plans to scale through the anatomical, physiological and biochemical mountains. But I realised I needed to rapport with intrepid soldiers who are already equipped, versed and informed with a focused view to having an auspicious head-start and a stunning big picture. Where is the best place in the world to find them? Says my heart .

If not on this awesome thread, where could it have been?

Pls, I stumbled on some medical test books and I realise the ease of getting depressed sequel to the large volume of stuffs to cover in a little frame of time. How do u handle this?

Consistency has been d common best advice for a green medic. What is your definition or is it just abt jacking everyday?

Do u skip dissections to create more personal study time?

Now that a distinction in my college is 80%... I can't imagine its remote possibility. With d new syllabus thingy in UI. I learnt we would round off BCH,anat and physio in 8 months and subsequently start path and pharm even b4 MB1. Hmmmnn.
Is prep towards MB1 enough to ace USMLE step one or is there a decrepancy in the syllabuses of both?

Time and space won't permit me to go further.

Senior medics in the hauz, your younger ones need u and u.

Mega thanks.
Seconded
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 12:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
I'm so excited about the steady growth of this thread.. Questions and answers should start rolling in please!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
Jamb has been extended 2 end 2maro, go nd register
Vibesking:
Is there any medical school I can apply for without jamb?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hertheywarlay: 6:24pm On Feb 17, 2015
Gud day. please genius at home. It's posable for M.L.S. student to do Change of course to MBBS in UI?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 9:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hertheywarlay:
Gud day. please genius at home. It's posable for M.L.S. student to do Change of course to MBBS in UI?

A switch from a professional course to another is seemingly impossible but not impossible- if the policy changes and the rule bends which is unseemingly possible.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 10:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
AmbFitsaint:

A switch from a professional course to another is seemingly impossible but not impossible- if the policy changes and the rule bends which is unseemingly possible.

The main determinant is the courses being offered. If the courses being offered by those in medicine is the same as those being offered by students in MLS, there is definitely "a huge crossing chance" only if the required CGPA is met. Addition of courses is employed if the situation above is not the case but it must not violate the MAX total unit and personal ability too should be considered here.. To cap it all, your present department must be ready to release you and the department you want to cross to also must be willing to accept you, if not, even if you have 7.0( UI for instance) cgpa, you are going no where.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by leo1234(m): 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2015
Fejiro550:
i am a 3rd year medical student in china,what are the things to prepare for after graduation from here...the exams,internship..the details...you can reply here for the benefit of all;or you can reply to my email eejakpovi@ymail.com.am also looking to make friends with doctors and upcoming doctors.
Do ur lecturers speak English over there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.