Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1835473 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 11:24pm On Mar 17, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:
Why ar u guys panicking like this na?@smartdave1,simba1,etc. U guys already did ur best. The guy that taught he'll score 350+, I understand ur point, but "na so e dy be o". It's part of the experience you'll gain anyway. U guys just have to focus on ur post utme and leave jamb aside.After all, there is no need crying over spilt milk. The fact is that, all medical schools nowadays are competitive, whether it be federal or state. There are no two ways to gaining admission, just beat the cut off well, that's all, whether it be UNN or DELSU. I urge you guys that scored 240 to just change to a UNI of ur origin and prepare very well for the putme. GOOD LUCK.
Sir Thewhizzkid, thanks for your words. I'm glad to see that you cares.
With God on my side I'm gonna make it.
How is college?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
smartdave1:

Sir Thewhizzkid, thanks for your words. I'm glad to see that you cares.
With God on my side I'm gonna make it.
How is college?
Uncle mi,college is fyn. Everything is going ok by God's grace.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
taiocol:
there no longer use olevel
But I fear that no fed uni will have their cutoff for medicine lower than 250 b'cos of the throat-drying scores pple are having this year.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2015
simba1:
GUY, CONTINUE WITH LASU. AFTER ALL U'RE ALSO USING A' LEVEL
If you say so, then......... #there_is_God_o
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 11:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Uncle mi,college is fyn. Everything is going ok by God's grace.
I'll like to meet you when next u come home
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 11:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
Impossibility is a mere word for the determined!!! 208,214 ,218,223 are all good scores for unilag post utme.Get your calculators and divide your utme score by 8,then your proposed post utme score by 2....For example 220/8 equals 27.5. Proposed p.utme score 85%/2 equals 42.5. 27.5+42.5=70.You stand a chance of being admitted with this.85 percent is possible in unilag post utme,if you can work hard and smart.Prior preparation prevents poor performance!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 11:42pm On Mar 17, 2015
aliandro:
Impossibility is a mere word for the determined!!! 208,214 ,218,223 are all good scores for unilag post utme.Get your calculators and divide your utme score by 8,then your proposed post utme score by 2....For example 220/8 equals 27.5. Proposed p.utme score 85%/2 equals 42.5. 27.5+42.5=70.You stand a chance of being admitted with this.85 percent is possible in unilag post utme,if you can work hard and smart.Prior preparation prevents poor performance!!!
Hmmm. I'm feeling optimistic now. But..., what if their cutoff mark is 250 above?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
pls before reading this, read page 169 of this thread,its me again oh,i referred you back for you to know that this thread is actually touching lives.the small boy going to ss3 then has now written jamb. i got 244, what are my chances of entering DELSU medicine programme. am an indigene

by the way i was expecting 300+

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:57pm On Mar 17, 2015
smartdave1:

I'll like to meet you when next u come home
Ok sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 12:25am On Mar 18, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Ok sir.
Me sir?? Hehehehehehe
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by imsuboi(m): 7:12am On Mar 18, 2015
simba1:
THAT'S NT AVERAGE. THAT'S ME AND MY FRIEND'S JAMB SCORE. WHAT EXACTLY DO WE NEED 2 SCORD IN P.JAMB TO GET IT? OR SHUD WE CHANGE COURSE?

Oh!

Okay. You should have indicated.

Well, your average should be above 260 to stand a "Legit" chance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 18, 2015
Hello guys i just recieve my jamb result but it's nt up to 250,so would they still gv me the medicine course dat i want?or am disqualify
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 11:38am On Mar 18, 2015
Hello house, i'm a part 1 oau mcb student, i wrote jamb on the 13th and when my result was out i had 243. So my question is which university can i change to that my score will be feasible for?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:47am On Mar 18, 2015
smartdave1:

Me sir?? Hehehehehehe
Lolz
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
any state uni. or fed. unis. like Uniport, Uniabuja.[quote
author=Gbsks post=31740858]Hello house, i'm a part 1 oau mcb student, i
wrote jamb on the 13th and when my result was out i had 243. So my
question is which university can i change to that my score will be
feasible for?[/quote]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jorrn: 2:59am On Mar 19, 2015
What are my chances to gain admission into Unilag MBBS with 266 Jamb score?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aypoppin(m): 7:00am On Mar 19, 2015
How can i diff btwn d right ulna frm d left in d upper limb

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zinny370(f): 8:11am On Mar 19, 2015
[quote author=Rrhoda post=31296260]Any bayero University Medical student in the house? [/quotehy which level re u pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 19, 2015
Aypoppin:
How can i diff btwn d right ulna frm d left in d upper limb
to differentiate BTW d left n right ulna.. u need to first identify d landmarks of d ulna.. d olecranon process... radial notch... styloid.. tuberosity of d ulna.. etc.. u need to first knw d anterior n posterior aspect of it.. that is thrru d olecranon process.. it projects posteriorly in d proximal portion. once u have identified d anterior portion.. u shld learn d landmarks that r lateral n those medial...
a good way is d radial notch.. it lies lateral ..it is a small depression for attachment of radius. if its on ur left.. then dat is d right ulna. ..if it is on d right... then that is left ulna.
u can also use d styloid process to distinguish .
get an atlas...it explains better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 19, 2015
jorrn:
What are my chances to gain admission into Unilag MBBS with 266 Jamb score?
..I don't knw y pple ask dis question.. nobody knows ur chance.n u have a high score already.. just prepare to blast putme.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jorrn: 8:58am On Mar 19, 2015
DrHesjay:
..I don't knw y pple ask dis question.. nobody knows ur chance.n u have a high score already.. just prepare to blast putme.
thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aypoppin(m): 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
DrHesjay:
to differentiate BTW d left n right ulna.. u need to first identify d landmarks of d ulna.. d olecranon process... radial notch... styloid.. tuberosity of d ulna.. etc.. u need to first knw d anterior n posterior aspect of it.. that is thrru d olecranon process.. it projects posteriorly in d proximal portion. once u have identified d anterior portion.. u shld learn d landmarks that r lateral n those medial...
a good way is d radial notch.. it lies lateral ..it is a small depression for attachment of radius. if its on ur left.. then dat is d right ulna. ..if it is on d right... then that is left ulna.
u can also use d styloid process to distinguish .
get an atlas...it explains better.
fenks rili aprciate frank netters is bera shey
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aypoppin(m): 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
Adesetan aderele a 40yr old banker was accussed of murder and u re invited 2 prove d innocence nd diligence of adesetan aderele. Task1: prove that adesetan aderele wu was accussed of murdern a 70yr old woman who came to d banking hall nd was shot durin d invasion of armed bandit. Exhibit1: femur (d proximal half of d bone which belongs to a diff side of anoda bone) Exhibit2: distal part of humerus frm a diff side, Exhibit3: a broken scapula which blongs to d side of d humerus. Task2: in the photograph produced in d opencourt by d pathologist dis elderly woman had both lower limb intact but the right arm was locerated @ d capitula level while d trunk layer was intact. (Been tryin dis snc wed bt cudnt get it submittn tumawo plss help a bro)

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aypoppin(m): 5:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
Aw du i prove dat the exhibits does not corelates wif a 70 yr old woman
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jamy01: 5:39am On Mar 20, 2015
Hello everyone. It's been long. Hope you all are great. I've been going through the thread and read a lot of nice things about Lagusta's diary. How do I access it, please? Thank you!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vibesking(m): 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
please someone get to me quickly.. Scored 245 in Jamb.. Meds&surgery.. Uniben... Is there any glimpse of hope?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atogirl: 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
Vibesking:
please someone get to me quickly.. Scored 245 in Jamb.. Meds&surgery.. Uniben... Is there any glimpse of hope?
Just study well for your post ume
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IkembaCMD(m): 5:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
smartdave1:
Pls don't ignore this cos right now my heart is almost shattered......

Pls people I got 211 in JAMB pls wat is my hope 4
medicine @ unilag or should I change school?

A gem is not polished without friction nor a man without trial...
211 is a mark that is conventionally low but it depends on the Cutoff released by the universities, Whatever you're gonna do, do it carefully and calm down.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 5:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
Aypoppin:
Adesetan aderele a 40yr old banker was accussed of murder and u re invited 2 prove d innocence nd diligence of adesetan aderele. Task1: prove that adesetan aderele wu was accussed of murdern a 70yr old woman who came to d banking hall nd was shot durin d invasion of armed bandit. Exhibit1: femur (d proximal half of d bone which belongs to a diff side of anoda bone) Exhibit2: distal part of humerus frm a diff side, Exhibit3: a broken scapula which blongs to d side of d humerus. Task2: in the photograph produced in d opencourt by d pathologist dis elderly woman had both lower limb intact but the right arm was locerated @ d capitula level while d trunk layer was intact. (Been tryin dis snc wed bt cudnt get it submittn tumawo plss help a bro)

Your write up is confusing.by the way,is this medicolegal/forensic anatomy?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by eddy1759: 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
I scored 240 in utme is their any chance of getting admission in uniuyo.. Med$surg
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atogirl: 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
eddy1759:
I scored 240 in utme is their any chance of getting admission in uniuyo.. Med$surg
There is.Just read well for post ume
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vibesking(m): 5:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
Atogirl:
Just study well for your post ume
Thanks.. Are you a student in the field?

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.