Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1829059 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 1:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hmmm
TONYE001:

Bro, truth is, I was careless then. Plain careless! I didn't take PUME.. I relied only on Basic..

Yea, the aggregate I provided is for both semesters..(First plus Second)/2..
lesson for all. So what did u do next, and hw did u get to where u are now?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 1:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
Doclight: Hmmmlesson for all. So what did u do next, and hw did u get to where u are now?

I was offered Human Physiology. I took it with the hope that I'll switch to MBBS along the line.

The requirement to switch from Year 1 was a 4.0 at the end of the session. I didn't make it. Plan B was to make a 2-1 and begin MBBS from Year 3 at Uniport. When I got to Year 2/3, Uniport had a problem with their MBBS program - overpopulation - so they shut down all transfer options..they didn't even take MBBS from JAMB that year. An after-effect of this problem is that they now have batches A and B in a class.

Well, right now, I'm with my 2-1, I'm rounding up Service, I'm married...and my wife and I are bent on going back to school immediately after Service, still MBBS.. I still read..at the Corps Members' Lodge, at work, etc.. I'm still fresh with my Preclinicals.. I don't want to lose my shape!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
Sir Tonye I rili appreciate.. the Lord is ur strength bro.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
jenbruce09: Sir Tonye I rili appreciate.. the Lord is ur strength bro.

Welcome, brother.. smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 2:26pm On Sep 24, 2014
jenbruce09: I don't rili have a flair for literature after my JS section. Lemme give it a try. I appreciate.

any other thing I must know??
Nearly all MBBS aspirants will surpass d minimum criteria 4 admission but u need 2b academically vast 2 get MBBS.

Bear in mind dat d deptmt z a conglomeration of academically dexterous aspirants, so overlook ur past glories(prefecture or o'level distinction) and remain focus because it z a short term course.

U'll come across brainy guys, don't be intimidated. All u need z 2 get a sum total of 70%marks(35marks per semester) out of d overall obtainable 100%marks in d whole session.

Textbooks will be supplied by d basic board, consume(permit me) dem like food. However, u'l av an edge if u reside in d medical hostel(NUH) because ur passion will be re-kindled by ur seniors.

"make ur desire, 2b on God's side not God being on ur side"
Good luck!

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ehisataga: 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
Guys ,,,guys guys ,. I need all of u help .. Pls i dunno about uniport and dia basic concerninq medicine and surgery ?? Pls drop ideas.. when d sale of basic form wld end and how much and what i would expect.. Please if u care ..add up on 2go @ GRENDEL14
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
Vicjay1: ohhh STORM, missed u alot. How is UNN? Asked ur classmate(a frd) about u. His name is Douglas. Nice seeing u comment.
Wow..douglas? I'll be sure to search him out later. Unn is okay..stressful but fun.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aaronzy: 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
Plz i heard dat dey do pay medicine students, is dat true?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sisiafrika(f): 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
Mikenwa4real: lolz sisi i wnt exchange words wit u cuz ah was brot up 2 respect all,yea am an igbo nd am proud ov dat,m also proud ov ma igbotic skul cuz i choosed it ma sef u didnt do dat 4 me,nd m aint complainin,u r jxt doin ol dix shit 2gt attntn nd ah wil jxt pretend lyk ah dnt read ur comments hia...
English please!!! Stop sounding Igbotic!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sisiafrika(f): 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ahmadjr: Top of the morning to everyone hope your night rest was great, mine was.
I’ve got a bit of my past that I’d like to share with you guys, it’s not fascinating to say the least but it contains a bit of a lesson for anyone to relate with and possibly help some of you avoid the same mistakes in your life, so here goes…
I wrote my GCE which was my first when I was getting to SS2 which I flunked really, we all did (my class mates) I guess maybe cuz we were told it’s just a test prepping us for the much dreaded waec . To tell you the truth I was suffering from what we called the NFA syndrome (No Future Ambition) my conjecture then was that I was too young to worry about the future, all I care about was topping the class, so it wasn’t until SS3 during 2010 WAEC and JAMB registration that I gave much thought about what I wanted to study and which School I was gonna do it.
Most of my friends chose LAUTECH (about 5 of them) so I guess it was only natural that I did the same which I did and chose chemical engineering as my course, scored 238 jamb and 52% putme, yup I didn’t make the list, got 9 credits in my waec tho.
So I opted for Pre degree same year (2010) and gosh I was really flippant, missed classes the first few weeks, visited game centres often, I’m a fan of PlayStation… So I guess it was a blessing in disguise (didn’t think so then) when they increased the remedial fees to some ridiculous amount forcing me to withdraw and prepare for another year.
On Friday, 2011 (forgot the actual date, though I swore I’d remember it like forever)…on my way to Ogbomosho from Jos to sit for Jamb slated for Saturday I got in an accident at Okene, thank God my major injury was a glass cut to my elbow, I missed the exam tho.
On November same year (2011), after a change of heart I decided I wanted to become an Army Officer (my dad is) so I sat for the NDA (Nigerian Defence Academy) entrance exam, unfortunately my name didn’t make the list, same thing 2012 and 2013 (though jamb was now a must this year to qualify for NDA’s entrance exam…cut off was 180, I scored 200)…Nope my name appeared not.
2014! I decided to choose Air force or Navy as my first and second choice instead of Army thinking “maybe Army isn’t meant for me that’s why God refused for my name to be on the list the last 3 times.” This year’s gonna be different cuz I’ll read hard and pray harder which I did to my extreme best… Hurray I made my jamb (247, NDA’s cut off was 180) so I was really optimistic when I was writing the entrance exam, who wouldn’t be? The questions were soooo simple. I waited exuberantly for the list and it was finally pasted on 20th of June and to my utmost dismay my name didn’t make the list, again!… I was really crestfallen even about to break up in tears when I suddenly realised I saw something on the net a while back about change of institution, so I hastily Googled it and saw it was closing on the 23rd of June which was Monday, If jamb office was still gonna be open that night I would’ve been there in a jiffy but it wasn’t so I waited happily and hopefully for the next day (Saturday). Went to jamb office got the scratch card and onward to a café, changed my institution to Unilorin, course to Medicine cuz I realised I narrowly made their cut-off (which I thought was 240)… Sat for the putme on the D-day and scaled through with 84% and I finally made a List! The end…
Sorry for the long story, I’m just trying to emphasize something here which is….

My teacher Muhammad (saw) said that- “…Know that what has missed you was never going to befall you and what has befallen you was never going to miss you”.

There’s a thick line between what we want and what we’re gonna get, sometimes it seems we’re favoured cuz what we want is what is destined for us, and other times we feel indignant and disappointed cuz it’s the opposite… BUT the truth is we are always favoured, yes we don’t get what we want, but God makes it that He gives us what we need, what is best for us, though at the moment we don’t see it that way, I for one didn’t.
How do I know what I want isn’t what’s best?
don't I like this? Yes, I do.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joeprince2nd: 1:19am On Sep 25, 2014
gud am to u all. each tym i c medical student or doctors discussing it gives me d momentum 2 keep streching 4ward, but a paticuler question keep on reoccuring in my mind and heart and i want 2 put it 2 d house. my question is how is it dat doc or medical student are able 2 hold all d in4mation in those big books i c with med student and also how are u able 2 remember those big words just like those once DR. LOMAXX mention when he was sharing his expirence during d rounds? pls i need ans most especialy DR. LOMAXX, AND MY OTHER OGAS AND MADAMS IN D HOUSE PLS OH.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 7:29am On Sep 25, 2014
pls Sir Tonye ,faboben n the rest uniport students here.. I don't understand dix first n second choices on d basic form. I'll be grateful if am given some enlightenment.thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 7:37am On Sep 25, 2014
jenbruce09: pls Sir Tonye ,faboben n the rest uniport students here.. I don't understand dix first n second choices on d basic form. I'll be grateful if am given some enlightenment.thanks.
dats it na.

You choose from first course option and second choice option inorder to have an advantage, incase u may not get d first.

What are d courses outlisted?
Lets help u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 8:48am On Sep 25, 2014
jenbruce09: pls Sir Tonye ,faboben n the rest uniport students here.. I don't understand dix first n second choices on d basic form. I'll be grateful if am given some enlightenment.thanks.
i left uniport in yr1 bro, now in OOU.
I guess u've been aptly answered by doclight.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 8:59am On Sep 25, 2014
Doclight: dats it na.

You choose from first course option and second choice option inorder to have an advantage, incase u may not get d first.

What are d courses outlisted?
Lets help u
OK.. I'll let u know of d courses out listed wen I get there. but if I'm to put med&surgery,which do u insist maybe I put in for second choice pls. Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 9:00am On Sep 25, 2014
faboben10:
okay. no probz
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 9:02am On Sep 25, 2014
faboben10:
why did u left?
What were u studying?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 9:05am On Sep 25, 2014
jenbruce09: OK.. I'll let u know of d courses out listed wen I get there. but if I'm to put med&surgery,which do u insist maybe I put in for second choice pls. Thanks.
i think same med/surg can be there to fill at ur own cost. U could choose pharmacy(still competitive though), nursing, dentstry, or sciences(e.g microbio, biochem). Also there may b anatomy, but physiology wont admit this session

Just check first to see the courses at ur disposal
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 9:13am On Sep 25, 2014
Great medics, pls i was shortlisted for addax/nnpc scholarship text for 2014. Pls wat do i need to knw, learn and revise. Need ur help
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 9:36am On Sep 25, 2014
Doclight: why did u left?
What were u studying?
We were all (basic and ume) denied MBBS admission den(2011) due 2d fact dat they lost MBBS accreditation.
I was offered MCB, but i took my leave due 2my undying quest 4 medicine, my friends r there studyn other courses. I wasn't just pleased wt MCB.
No admission in d college of medicine in 2011/2012 set.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 9:41am On Sep 25, 2014
faboben10:
We were all (basic and ume) denied MBBS admission den(2011) due 2d fact dat they lost MBBS accreditation.
I was offered MCB, but i took my leave due 2my undying quest 4 medicine, my friends r there studyn other courses. I wasn't just pleased wt MCB.
No admission in d college of medicine in 2011/2012 set.
yes i think they didnt admit after 2008-maybe 2013
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 9:55am On Sep 25, 2014
Doclight: i think same med/surg can be there to fill at ur own cost. U could choose pharmacy(still competitive though), nursing, dentstry, or sciences(e.g microbio, biochem). Also there may b anatomy, but physiology wont admit this session

OK.. thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 9:59am On Sep 25, 2014
Pls i nid info on hw addax/nnpc set their aptitude test
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 10:02am On Sep 25, 2014
Any medical student in oau should signify pls? I wanna ask questions please
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by divydaniel: 10:18am On Sep 25, 2014
Hello, am new smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 25, 2014
Goodmorning Docs in d house! Is it possible 2 switch 4rm Anatomy to medicine after year one? If yes what are the requirements/conditions?? Nothing but facts pls... Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 11:54am On Sep 25, 2014
Doclight: yes i think they didnt admit after 2008-maybe 2013
they did, only our set encountered d mishap
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jidedinho: 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
guys in the house.....is it possible to cross form biochemistry to medicine after hundred level ,,.......when i get to part two.....in OAU............pls i need ansas urgently...................pls................
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2014
pls.. uniport students. hope dis is not wrong?? I switched my names during the registration. any problem?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2014
Doclight: i think same med/surg can be there to fill at ur own cost. U could choose pharmacy(still competitive though), nursing, dentstry, or sciences(e.g microbio, biochem). Also there may b anatomy, but physiology wont admit this session

Physiology won't admit this session? Why?..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jidedinho: 1:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
jidedinho: guys in the house.....is it possible to cross form biochemistry to medicine after hundred level ,,.......when i get to part two.....in OAU............pls i need ansas urgently...................pls................
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FOLARORI: 5:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hello my exemplary physicians , hp u ppl r thriving with blessings , mercies n good fortune frm God , if so glory b to God ... I've discovered this terrific n exalted beneficial thread since a month a go bt nt able to spare time to register into it to b able to comment n interact with my boses here ... alhamdu lillahi ... Today i'm able to register n privileged to comment here n interact with u my distinguished bosses n my fellow medical student to be ... I'm ecstatic i come across u guys because u r doing a great job here ... But pls i want u to include us d still medical aspirant in ur prayers to gain admission this yr , because i'm very ardent to join u guys in articulating my concept n prowess abt this noble proffesion , gaining expeiriences abt it from u guys n also being valuable to ppl in anyway i could ... I wish my name could b among d chosen one in this prospective second batch list ... God pls help me ooo ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.