Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1829280 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 23, 2014
Doclight: u can still write the putme on ur advantage.

And its still merit, if u dont pass u wont get admitted into medicine especially
Well, let me think about it again. Thanks a lot. Are U a medical student already?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JSMMUYIWA(m): 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
ON A NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES
HOW MANY STUDENTS ARE ADMITTED VIA POST UTME IN FEDERAL UNIS DEN VIA DIRECT ENTRY INTO 100 level?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dapsondou(m): 12:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
AmbFitsaint:

I don port reach hauz dapz. I wan chaw sth more real

lol. thought u wanted to enjoy yourself in school. Send me your phone number
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rayscell: 1:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
I just fell in love with medicine & surgery but I'm somehow afraid of the big textbook, though I graduated with 3.6/5 (2.1) in biology during my first degree, I'm left with option to study medicine or start my masters in biology. My interraction on daily basis with medical student + doctors basis make me love the course more, pls I need ur advice. Thanks and remain blessed #all
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
dapsondou:

lol. thought u wanted to enjoy yourself in school. Send me your phone number

Copy dat. Expect it asap
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tonychima: 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hi young Docs!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 12:17am On Sep 24, 2014
TONYE001:

I think if you have questions to ask, it's better you drop them here so as to get answers from different perspectives. If you insist, here is my mail address:

Thanks.. smiley
okay.. which of dem U prefer is okay by me. wat can u say abt d Basic program there at PH for med&surgery?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gideon16(m): 3:24am On Sep 24, 2014
******on my way to CNN*******Whr is Dr Oluafolabi?pls who ave his no should contact me or my boss Dr Lagusa.My boss alutacontinua I hail u 4rm my black nd white TV.Dr Lomax I cn sight 4rm my window. I say weldone Sir. to odas more glucose to ur head.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 3:36am On Sep 24, 2014
jenbruce09: okay.. which of dem U prefer is okay by me. wat can u say abt d Basic program there at PH for med&surgery?

Basic is a sure way. It's been a while so you have to confirm whether Basic still admits MBBS applicants.

Another advantage is that it'll prepare you for Year 1 since the schemes of Basic and Year 1 are more or less the same.

If they still take in MBBS applicants, go for it. You can also get another JAMB form...

Success... smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 6:34am On Sep 24, 2014
jenbruce09: okay.. which of dem U prefer is okay by me. wat can u say abt d Basic program there at PH for med&surgery?
i did basic in 2011, yeah it z quite competitive i must confess. Med & surg z always d most populated departmt.
D best 10 students will unarguably be admitted on merit basis. D southerners have an edge after d merit, but luck and God's factor sets in here 2.
Don't 4get no1 has d right 2b better than u unless u gv them d right, u can make d best 10.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 7:08am On Sep 24, 2014
TONYE001:

Basic is a sure way. It's been a while so you have to confirm whether Basic still admits MBBS applicants.

Another advantage is that it'll prepare you for Year 1 since the schemes of Basic and Year 1 are more or less the same.

If they still take in MBBS applicants, go for it. You can also get another JAMB form...

Success... smiley
thanks.. I rili appreciate. does the basic program has it's own textbooks?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 7:10am On Sep 24, 2014
TONYE001:

Success... smiley
yeah they still give med, and u must write jamb next year filling it as ur choice of instituiton

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 7:14am On Sep 24, 2014
faboben10:
i did basic in 2011, yeah it z quite competitive i must confess. Med & surg z always d most populated departmt. D best 10 students will unarguably be admitted on merit basis. D southerners have an edge after d merit, but luck and God's factor sets in here 2. Don't 4get no1 has d right 2b better than u unless u gv them d right, u can make d best 10.
thanks bro.. everything I keep hearing abt it,is dat it's "competitive". hmmm. I don't rili understand this aspect of it. I guess wen I get in I'll get to experience it myself.

wat course did u opted for during d program?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 7:16am On Sep 24, 2014
Sir doclight .. Good morning smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 7:17am On Sep 24, 2014
Doclight: yeah they still give med, and u must write jamb next year filling it as ur choice of instituiton
u schl at PH too?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 7:37am On Sep 24, 2014
jenbruce09: thanks bro.. everything I keep hearing abt it,is dat it's "competitive". hmmm. I don't rili understand this aspect of it. I guess wen I get in I'll get to experience it myself.

MBBS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 7:51am On Sep 24, 2014
jenbruce09: thanks.. I rili appreciate. does the basic program has it's own textbooks?

Yea. It has. Unless things are changed, here are the courses you would be doing:

Mathematics, English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Literature.

Doclight just confirmed that they take MBBS...So, GO FOR IT!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 8:17am On Sep 24, 2014
TONYE001:

Yea. It has. Unless things are changed, here are the courses you would be doing:

nothing has changed.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Samgreguc(m): 8:52am On Sep 24, 2014
Basic for Med Surg is very good just dat as usual its compititive..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2014
TONYE001:

LITERATURE??!! Why?? shocked
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 9:09am On Sep 24, 2014
Samgreguc:
Basic for Med Surg is very good just dat as usual its compititive..
OK.. thanks. Wat r d areas of concentration for the screening examination??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 9:13am On Sep 24, 2014
faboben10:
MBBS
nice one dude
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Samgreguc(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2014
TONYE001:

No literature...... Just the oda 5.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Samgreguc(m): 9:28am On Sep 24, 2014
jenbruce09: OK.. thanks. Wat r d areas of concentration for the screening examination??
Jst study ur chem,phy, bio, maths and eng.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 10:33am On Sep 24, 2014
Samgreguc:
Jst study ur chem,phy, bio, maths and eng.
OK.. no probz den. thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
jenbruce09: LITERATURE??!! Why?? shocked
it z just a sub-division of english(dey call it HUMANITIES).

U r expected 2b versatile bro.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jenbruce09(m): 12:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
faboben10:
it z just a sub-division of english(dey call it HUMANITIES).

U r expected 2b versatile bro.

I don't rili have a flair for literature after my JS section. Lemme give it a try. I appreciate.

any other thing I must know??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
Doclight: nothing has changed.

Lots have changed brother... When I did Basic, no one compelled us to write JAMB. Me sef no write JAMB. Someone also mentioned that there is no Literature. If true, then that one na new thing because we did Literature in the Second Semester. We read a novel written by "Guy Anki", the Ghanaian lecturer (When the Chips are Down), and we worked on a poem with Mr. Anthony... Again, there was no entrance exam!..lolz
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
Samgreguc:
No literature...... Just the oda 5.

Before now, there was Literature (incorporated into the English though..)..

It was always handled by one Mr. Anthony..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
jenbruce09: thanks bro.. everything I keep hearing abt it,is dat it's "competitive". hmmm. I don't rili understand this aspect of it. I guess wen I get in I'll get to experience it myself.

Brother, anything MBBS is competitive, truth!

My aggregate then was 66..cut off was 70...

You just have to put in your very best Sir..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 1:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
U mean both first nd 2nd semester aggregate? And did u take pume den?
TONYE001:

Brother, anything MBBS is competitive, truth!

My aggregate then was 66..cut off was 70...

You just have to put in your very best Sir..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
Doclight: U mean both first nd 2nd semester aggregate? And did u take pume den?

Bro, truth is, I was careless then. Plain careless! I didn't take PUME.. I relied only on Basic..

Yea, the aggregate I provided is for both semesters..(First plus Second)/2..

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: Arkion and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.