Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1829235 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 7:18am On Sep 22, 2014
Aladelokun: Vincent, how are doing over there in UI. Infact, have really missed you and i really appreciate the way you escape from Eksu. Anyway, i will try to give you a call. Thanks

No qualms bro. Here, we just dey flex oo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 7:21am On Sep 22, 2014
Hauz, today is my birthday.
Rejoice with ur boy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Babafaros(m): 7:25am On Sep 22, 2014
AmbFitsaint: Hauz, today is my birthday.
Rejoice with ur boy
Happy birthday bro,I wish you long life and prosperity.A good mentor indeed.You have been a blessing 2 me.I pray for more Grace to be successful in all ur endeavours.HBD.Hp u knw me.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by zamani22: 7:27am On Sep 22, 2014
Hello am sure some people hope is not yet broken but so many aspirant hope might have been dashed either by Jamb or Pume, . We are still expecting some list in some school but it better we start planning for 2015/2016 utme and admission, and procedure in order to ease things.those who have low score and want us to help them with their admission should call us via 07068742114
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 7:39am On Sep 22, 2014
TONYE001:

Thanks, brother, for encouraging me.

I wish you the very best Sir. It's possible, it's achievable. Go for it, put in your very best. As I always urge students, study because you SHOULD study and not because of an event (interview, exam, etc). If we make reading a habit, success would be an everyday tale!

I had the same plan too. In my time, a CGPA of 4.0/5.0 was the requirement to switch to MBBS/Dentistry at the end of thr 100 Level, I didn't make it. I shifted to Plan B which was making a 2-1 and then transfering to MBBS/Dentistry (to begin from Year 3 if it's the same school). When we got to Year 2, Uniport had an issue with their MBBS program (overpopulation). This almost cost them their accreditation. Consequently, they shut down all transfer options to MBBS (I think they didn't accept JAMB MBBS applicants too).

I graduated with a 2-1; as God would have it, I was the 6th in a class of 140-150. Presently, I'm rounding up my Youth Service (would be done by October)...and I still have some MBBS possibilities on my table.

Again, success to you and every other person in your shoes. We shall hear your testimonies.

tonyeamaye@gmail.com... smiley
Amen Amen Amen... And you too sir.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vicjay1(m): 7:48am On Sep 22, 2014
Its been quite some time since I commented. Hw is the house doing.? I rep AAU med and surg.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 8:03am On Sep 22, 2014
Babafaros:
Happy birthday bro,I wish you long life and prosperity.A good mentor indeed.You have been a blessing 2 me.I pray for more Grace to be successful in all ur endeavours.HBD.Hp u knw me.

Oh thanks doc. It is my pleasure
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 8:36am On Sep 22, 2014
Rejoice with ur boy
Happy birth day sir!

But, wait a minute..... I never knew u are this wicked until i saw some of your comments and approach to issues
W-Wonderful,
I-Intelligent,
C-Caring,
K-Kindhearted,
E-Eloquent &
D-Decent

But if I am wrong please do take me to d court because I will always say and proclaim u are WICKED.

Lol.... I got you laughing, right?

Have a terrific *enjoyment*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Coolboyz: 9:09am On Sep 22, 2014
Advice a medical student in dilemma
Hi docs, I am a first year medical student of a federal university. I once applied for admission in the Nigerian Defence Academy but wasn't successful due to a reason. Then I applied for med/surg in a conventional university nd I was admitted.
Due to my passion for military career (don't quote me wrong, I'm also in love with medicine, it's just that it is not offered in nda) I reapplied for admission in NDA while in school, I passed their examination and was invited for screening in kaduna and I also scaled through and have been admitted. But I'm confused which one to go for because some of my family members are against my decision of quiting my current school and I prefer joining the military as a regular to a short service officer due to the advantages the former has over the later. Your advice is needed.
Thanks in advance.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Prettymachi(f): 10:45am On Sep 22, 2014
Hello houz. I'm a medical aspirant(p.d) i would like to knw, what and what i need into to get med. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 11:54am On Sep 22, 2014
Happy birthday AmbFitsaint..

I wish you all the good packages of life...

Enjoy. smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aladelokun: 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
Rejoice with ur boy
Happy birthday to you bro, long life and prosperity to you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 3:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
Rejoice with ur boy
Wow! I picked a good day to stop by smiley
Happy birthday love...long life and prosperity....

Mehn...this medical programme isn't a joke. I love the knowlege gained each semester. The workload is somthing else...but its a fun experience

On holidays now sha. When we resume it'll be a race towards 2nd MB. God dey smiley smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dapsondou(m): 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
XavierG: Hello, Xavier reporting.

Just got admission into UI for dentistry, willing to learn from guys here.

Wow! congratz bro. Ure welcome
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dapsondou(m): 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
Rejoice with ur boy

Vincent!!! happy birthday bro.
Are you still in school? If yes, when are you leaving?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vicjay1(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
STORM2:
Wow! I picked a good day to stop by smiley
Happy birthday love...long life and prosperity....

Mehn...this medical programme isn't a joke. I love the knowlege gained each semester. The workload is somthing else...but its a fun experience

On holidays now sha. When we resume it'll be a race towards 2nd MB. God dey smiley smiley
ohhh STORM, missed u alot. How is UNN? Asked ur classmate(a frd) about u. His name is Douglas. Nice seeing u comment.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
Happy bday bro.... wish u the best things life can offer...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
Greetings 2 d Docs in d house! I just found this thread and I'm so happy abt that. I aspired to get into UNIPORT dis year but I guess my post UTME score wasn't good enough 4 medicine although just d merit list has been released so far but whether this year or nxt, I will share d testimony here nd celebrate with my co-Docs. Pls keep d infos flowing. I love U all... Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Klinee: 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
Why do Medical doc and Dentistry doc go togather and leave Optometry doc behind while they all spent 6 years in school
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
UcheStar: Greetings 2 d Docs in d house! I just found this thread and I'm so happy abt that. I aspired to get into UNIPORT dis year but I guess my post UTME score wasn't good enough 4 medicine although just d merit list has been released so far but whether this year or nxt, I will share d testimony here nd celebrate with my co-Docs. Pls keep d infos flowing. I love U all... Thanks.
u could try unipoort's basic programme
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 8:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
Klinee: Why do Medical doc and Dentistry doc go togather and leave Optometry doc behind while they all spent 6 years in school
abi??

Good question
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
Klinee: Why do Medical doc and Dentistry doc go togather and leave Optometry doc behind while they all spent 6 years in school
The thing is Doctor of Optometry is not universally accepted as an equivalent of Medicine and Dentistry. It's only recognised in the US, Canada, Ghana, and Nigeria. And the fact that an MBBS graduate can specialize in Ophthalmology(which is the real deal) weakens the relevance of Optometry.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
Dr Lomaxx, thanks a million. Na u sure pass!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kondoboy(m): 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
Rejoice with ur boy
Happy birthday bro Vince......hwz Segun and FM...say me hi
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 11:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
I heartily appreciate everyone who deemed it worthy to make my day special by congratulating me. May d good Lord count u worthy of being celebrated in dis world and d world to come. Thanks! I love u all
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 11:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
Kondoboy: Happy birthday bro Vince......hwz Segun and FM...say me hi

Dey remain great bro. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 11:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
dapsondou:

Vincent!!! happy birthday bro.
Are you still in school? If yes, when are you leaving?

I don port reach hauz dapz. I wan chaw sth more real
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
Doclight: u could try unipoort's basic programme
Someone advised me 2 do d same but I don't think I want to do basic. I just can't explain vry well but I know I will do better and be on merit list nxt year, by d Grace of God.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dunsin89(m): 12:32am On Sep 23, 2014
good morning. my name is oluwadunsin. am a biochemistry graduate of OAU, Ile-ife. i wrote UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN 2014 POST UTME and I got 79% a mark deficit to the cutoff point. I still remain focused to acheive my aim. I will not be discouraged so should you (fellow aspirant) Join me in preparing for 2015 UTME and POST UTME. University of Ibadan Aspirants And Ibadan Based Fellows Only. To Join Call/text--08031543954
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kondoboy(m): 8:12am On Sep 23, 2014
AmbFitsaint:

Dey remain great bro. Thanks
OK bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by fasodecapo(m): 9:15am On Sep 23, 2014
Please guys help a lost student find his way on a concept in chemistry here o:

https://www.nairaland.com/1902139/jamb-lecture-past-questions-science/3
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 10:32am On Sep 23, 2014
UcheStar:
Someone advised me 2 do d same but I don't think I want to do basic. I just can't explain vry well but I know I will do better and be on merit list nxt year, by d Grace of God.
u can still write the putme on ur advantage.

And its still merit, if u dont pass u wont get admitted into medicine especially

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.