Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1829383 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 14, 2014
minaat:
Help a sister please,I got admission to study biochemistry but the course I applied for is medicine have been trying to get that course for 2years now but could not,my question here is that can I switch to medicine after I accept the admission.... Responsible answers only please
it may help if you name the institution.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by divydaniel: 11:03am On Oct 14, 2014
minaat:
Help a sister please,I got admission to study biochemistry but the course I applied for is medicine have been trying to get that course for 2years now but could not,my question here is that can I switch to medicine after I accept the admission.... Responsible answers only please
Yh if ur GPA is smiling
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by minaat: 11:12am On Oct 14, 2014
Its abu zaria
joker5180:
it may help if you name the institution.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by iyobs7(f): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
MY COUSIN IS TAKING WACS, WEST AFRICA COLLEGE OF SURGEONS EXAM AND HE NEEDS PAST QUESTIONS OR MATERIALS...

CAN ANYONE HELP OUT?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by guzzyg: 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
Samgreguc:

nothing like dat wil happen. UNIMAID have never made use of their PUME in giving admission infact, they dont mark it.
wat criteria du the schol den use to gv admision
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
guzzyg:
Jamb only..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FOLARORI: 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2014
Pls my bosses @ home , if u can still remember my case vividly , i applied for mbbs in unilorin , but unfortunately , i was given aquaculture n fisheries management under agric faculty , with 235 N 60 marks respectively ... So after paying acceptance fee ... D result i was sent to for d clearance is that ... You are not cleared for Bsc aquaculture and fisheries ... reason : Movt utme subject ...
My questions r , pls my bosses what does this comment mean , n wht's likely to b d outcome sirs ... What sould i b expecting sirs ...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 8:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
FOLARORI:
Pls my bosses @ home , if u can still remember my case vividly , i applied for mbbs in unilorin , but unfortunately , i was given aquaculture n fisheries management under agric faculty , with 235 N 60 marks respectively ... So after paying acceptance fee ... D result i was sent to for d clearance is that ... You are not cleared for Bsc aquaculture and fisheries ... reason : Movt utme subject ...
My questions r , pls my bosses what does this comment mean , n wht's likely to b d outcome sirs ... What sould i b expecting sirs ...
chaaaaai i sense wrong combinations.

Dem dey craze ni
abeg sama complain sharp sharp!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by idris4r83(m): 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
minaat:
Its abu zaria
the naked truth is that you cannot change from any course to mbbs in ABU zaria.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Samgreguc(m): 8:13am On Oct 15, 2014
guzzyg:
are u a learner?
We are in NAIJA.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Suresh08: 9:36am On Oct 15, 2014
This thread is so dead...
Where is the op?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 11:46am On Oct 15, 2014
minaat:
Its abu zaria
It doesn't happen. Since you just got admitted this year, you can still sit for the next UTME. If you get admission, the only courses that will be new to you in 100l will be the Community Medicine courses. Hold your BCHM seriously still. Good luck.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2014
Good pm guys i need ur candid advice, i going to be in part 2 mcb next may, although i wanted medicine but i got microbiology, my question is this do you think its wise enough to take this current utme or i should just finish the microbiology and use it for d.e into medicine? i need your advice please
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Luminary1(f): 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
pls can one combine two sittings waec for med and surg
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Suresh08: 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
Gbsks:
Good pm guys i need ur candid advice, i going to be in part 2 mcb next may, although i wanted medicine but i got microbiology, my question is this do you think its wise enough to take this current utme or i should just finish the microbiology and use it for d.e into medicine? i need your advice please

Put ur eggs in two baskets and watch them hatch...
Try both.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Suresh08: 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
Luminary1:

NO sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Luminary1(f): 1:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
Suresh08:

NO sir

but wat of other medicine related course
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 2:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
Luminary1:
yes. 90% schools insist on one sitting.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
@lagusta and house, av just been admitted to study anatomy in oou, is it possible for me to cross from anatomy to medicine? And if I have my first degree in anatomy, how can I take advantage of it to study medicine? Pls quote me for replies, Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 2:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
Neyova:
@lagusta and house, av just been admitted to study anatomy in oou, is it possible for me to cross from anatomy to medicine? And if I have my first degree in anatomy, how can I take advantage of it to study medicine? Pls quote me for replies, Thanks.
about crossing..hmn... I don't know but you can use your first degree to apply for medicine through direct entry.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
Gbsks:
about crossing..hmn... I don't know but you can use your first degree to apply for medicine through direct entry.
Bt which level will I be directed to if admitted with direct entry? And can I also use the bsc anatomy to study medicine outside nigeria?
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Luminary1(f): 3:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
Doclight:
yes. 90% schools insist on one sitting.

wat do i now do
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 3:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
Neyova:
Bt which level will I be directed to if admitted with direct entry? And can I also use the bsc anatomy to study medicine outside nigeria?
Thanks
in nigeria you would start from 200lvl medicine, if it's outside nigeria e.g us,canada and the caribbean you would spend 4yrs more in their medical school
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
Gbsks:
in nigeria you would start from 200lvl medicine, if it's outside nigeria e.g us,canada and the caribbean you would spend 4yrs more in their medical school
Gracias
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hi one, hi all.
I am confused. I am studying pharmacy at uniuyo. And I want to gun for post-graduate studies abroad, say Canada or UK.
The problem is I was admitted into uniuyo with my complete NECO result, when running my post-graduate abroad will I be disqualified/rejected for having NECO certificate instead of WAEC?
And, if yes I will be disqualified, can I write WAEC just before I conclude my undergraduate studies? In order to pursue my post-graduate with it?
Lomaxx and co, help a brother out please.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
Also for a student of school of nursing, after graduation what level in university will she continue from? 200L? Or 300L? And must it be in the university her school of nursing is located?
Also, will she require JAMB to continue nursing in the university?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
I just got admitted to unilorin to study mbbs.....oh boy hope I won't run back with all that av read on this thread,my head is gonna burst
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
Luminary1:

wat do i now do
i said 90%
u didnt even check for the other 10%
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
Neyova:
u can apply via jamb again, 30% of my colleagues did that, and they got it.

List z out? Don't even know...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
Neyova:

errrr.....

I dont know of oou, when it comes to crossing from anatomy to medicine after 100L....

But when it comes to direct entry, its very possible, especially if you got a good grade like a 2.1 or a first class
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by nellyefizzy: 7:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
Lagusta:

errrr.....

I dont know of oou, when it comes to crossing from anatomy to medicine after 100L....

But when it comes to direct entry, its very possible, especially if you got a good grade like a 2.1 or a first class
please, doctor lagusta can I. Cross from pharmacy to medicine.am. Presently in 100l studying pharmacy@uniben
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Luminary1(f): 7:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
Doclight:
i said 90%
u didnt even check for the other 10%

can u outline the list of the other 10%

i wanna knw

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.