Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1847347 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 11:00am On Oct 23, 2012
@TCD am very grateful for ur concern for us.I like to read off point alot although i do use my note as a guide when i was in secondary schl.u hav shown me d best way to pass i will intensify more on read ing my notebuk.thk u very much
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 11:11am On Oct 23, 2012
Any oau medics on dis trend.pls can u help with d course outline 4 100level.I heard sociology is part of d courses.is dis true?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LadyWinona: 12:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
To add to all of what everyone has said, I will like to emphasize on the issue of the type of friends u keep. Believe me, if u have unserious friends, and by that I mean those who still believe in never reading till the D day or those who over indulge in extra curricular activities eg clubs, parties, church related things, just to belong, u'll fail and that's not a joke. I've seen the best fail an exam in medicine just cos they were too over confident and the supposedly 'dumb' ones been given maximum respect just cos they were able to maintain the min requirement which is half mark in all their exams. Bribing lectures and all that crap u watch in nollywood movies does not work cos at the end of the day, u will be fished out when ur ignorance shines like a beacon during viva or clinicals. I guess, the summary of all this is to bend down, read one chapter at a time, reread it again and again and again, cram ur note if need be cos nothing makes a lecturer so happy if u repeat verbatim all what u've been given with pics, tables and all. I once drew a baby with phocomelia/amelia when we told to talk about the dangers of thalidomide. Hey, anything to give me my extra marks. This is a race and to win it, u ve to do all what it takes and more to get to the finish line. Good Luck

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LadyWinona: 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
Yeah, while I was typing the above, I remembered vividly that when I was in first year, more than half of my classmates (and I'm not exaggerating), were unable to make 2 sentences in correct English. I was baffled cos I cldnt comprehend how someone who had passed all his papers to qualify to read Medicine cld have such a problem. Surprisingly, towards our 3rd year, these crop of people had markedly improved in their vocabulary and command of English. It was indeed a Miracle or maybe it wasn't cos we were told categorically that nothing pisses off an external examiner more than when u re unable to express urself in good English. Kinda reminds me of a guy who had to explain something in his native language so well during 2nd MBBS viva cos he was unable to communicate effectively in English language. The lecturers were so impressed and amused that they passed the guy making him a legend. This is one of those rare cases so guys watch ur grammar.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 1:28pm On Oct 23, 2012
@TCD your advice was so on point, please continue! Really waiting for the yr2 advice, should resume for YR2 in a few months time.
@Ladywinona that guy was really desperate, well desperate situations requires desperate measures, can imagine the look on the lecturers faces...lol
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
Phoenix6278: @TCD your advice was so on point, please continue! Really waiting for the yr2 advice, should resume for YR2 in a few months time.
@Ladywinona that guy was really desperate, well desperate situations requires desperate measures, can imagine the look on the lecturers faces...lol

how far,how was ur 2nd semester result? I'm sure u passed successfully. So idi-araba tinz on ur mind ,shey?it is well.
Thnks 4 d books u recommended d other tym.
I've completed 75% of 1st semester syllabus.once again thank u.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2012
guys abeg I need ur advice. Though it is a long story o. Ever since i was a kid all ever dreamt of was becoming a doc and save peoples lives. Throughout sec school dat was my passion. I wrote my waec dis year with my jamb. In the waec i made all my papers excluding maths my maths was a flat F9. Then in my jamb I scored 244. I put UNN and UniAbuja as first and second choice respectively. Then in UNN pume i got 220 and dats an aggregate of 232. But my name didnt make d admin list. I didnt purchase shopping form cos my waec made me to lose hope. Then 4 uniabuja u all know dia story - non acreditation and 5ate admin list. Then i got admin to study marine engr in one skul at lokoja my uncle said dat d skul is not acreditaded dat he wont pay. But i didnt put up any argument cos dats not what i want in life. I had to let it go. D oda day i was coming home when dis coaster bus conveyin student docs passed me i felt like d most worthless person on earth for having failed my exams.
I know dat i have to resit 4 jamb next year but i have decide to change many things. I want to put med at UDU SOKOTO 1st choice den anatomy at Abu zaria. My confusion now is if usman danfodio is competetent enough and if my choices are ok. Pls help me with a competent skul in d north.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
tayyibb: Any oau medics on dis trend.pls can u help with d course outline 4 100level.I heard sociology is part of d courses.is dis true?

Yeah it is bro, you will do Sociology, Botany, Zoology, physics, chemistry,... Remember that you will do practicals too in phy, chem , botany and zoo.. Soo giddy up bro.. It just might be a 'bumpy' ride.. smiley..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 23, 2012
Lady Winona: To add to all of what everyone has said, I will like to emphasize on the issue of the type of friends u keep. Believe me, if u have unserious friends, and by that I mean those who still believe in never reading till the D day or those who over indulge in extra curricular activities eg clubs, parties, church related things, just to belong, u'll fail and that's not a joke. I've seen the best fail an exam in medicine just cos they were too over confident and the supposedly 'dumb' ones been given maximum respect just cos they were able to maintain the min requirement which is half mark in all their exams. Bribing lectures and all that crap u watch in nollywood movies does not work cos at the end of the day, u will be fished out when ur ignorance shines like a beacon during viva or clinicals. I guess, the summary of all this is to bend down, read one chapter at a time, reread it again and again and again, cram ur note if need be cos nothing makes a lecturer so happy if u repeat verbatim all what u've been given with pics, tables and all. I once drew a baby with phocomelia/amelia when we told to talk about the dangers of thalidomide. Hey, anything to give me my extra marks. This is a race and to win it, u ve to do all what it takes and more to get to the finish line. Good Luck

Wow!! Though I'm kinda conversant with the university system you have opened my eyes to some things I kinda overlooked.. Thanks.. smiley.. And how is med school treating you?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LadyWinona: 7:42pm On Oct 23, 2012
oluafolabi:

Wow!! Though I'm kinda conversant with the university system you have opened my eyes to some things I kinda overlooked.. Thanks.. smiley.. And how is med school treating you?
Med school? Lol. Left med school some years ago, just talking from experience
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2012
oluafolabi:

Yeah it is bro, you will do Sociology, Botany, Zoology, physics, chemistry,... Remember that you will do practicals too in phy, chem , botany and zoo.. Soo giddy up bro.. It just might be a 'bumpy' ride.. smiley..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 8:59pm On Oct 23, 2012
oluafolabi:

thk u very much bro,am very grateful 4 ur prompt reply.pls i wil like to know more about OAU medical schl.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 23, 2012
Lady Winona: Med school? Lol. Left med school some years ago, just talking from experience

Wow!!.. Sorry for the misconception ma'am.. We are glad to have you tutor us here.. Lol.. So I guess you are working now.. What's your specialty?..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
tayyibb: thk u very much bro,am very grateful 4 ur prompt reply.pls i wil like to know more about OAU medical schl.

You are wlcm

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by emmaodia: 12:13am On Oct 24, 2012
Guys i ve missed d forum...ve been busy lately, with registration....cuz i just got admitted 4 MBBS at UNIBEN...LAGUSTA i greet u specially.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by webfocus(m): 1:04am On Oct 24, 2012
coolany MBBS or BDS 200l DE student for unilag on dis thread.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:22am On Oct 24, 2012
emmaodia: Guys i ve missed d forum...ve been busy lately, with registration....cuz i just got admitted 4 MBBS at UNIBEN...LAGUSTA i greet u specially.

Thanx boss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2012
Lady Winona: Med school? Lol. Left med school some years ago, just talking from experience

So what's your level, and what's your specialty
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:14am On Oct 24, 2012
I really wanna thank TCD and lady winona for their intelligent posts, which will really go a long way in helping medics that are just coming up!!!

I don't really hav time nowadays cos of my project, and night calls which leave me pooped out when the day ends

I am even typing this in front of my lecturer, hop he doesn't seize my fone shaaa
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 11:15am On Oct 24, 2012
Obinnau: guys abeg I need ur advice. Though it is a long story o. Ever since i was a kid all ever dreamt of was becoming a doc and save peoples lives. Throughout sec school dat was my passion. I wrote my waec dis year with my jamb. In the waec i made all my papers excluding maths my maths was a flat F9. Then in my jamb I scored 244. I put UNN and UniAbuja as first and second choice respectively. Then in UNN pume i got 220 and dats an aggregate of 232. But my name didnt make d admin list. I didnt purchase shopping form cos my waec made me to lose hope. Then 4 uniabuja u all know dia story - non acreditation and 5ate admin list. Then i got admin to study marine engr in one skul at lokoja my uncle said dat d skul is not acreditaded dat he wont pay. But i didnt put up any argument cos dats not what i want in life. I had to let it go. D oda day i was coming home when dis coaster bus conveyin student docs passed me i felt like d most worthless person on earth for having failed my exams.
I know dat i have to resit 4 jamb next year but i have decide to change many things. I want to put med at UDU SOKOTO 1st choice den anatomy at Abu zaria. My confusion now is if usman danfodio is competetent enough and if my choices are ok. Pls help me with a competent skul in d north.
abeg na help a fellow student.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
Obinnau: guys abeg I need ur advice. Though it is a long story o. Ever since i was a kid all ever dreamt of was becoming a doc and save peoples lives. Throughout sec school dat was my passion. I wrote my waec dis year with my jamb. In the waec i made all my papers excluding maths my maths was a flat F9. Then in my jamb I scored 244. I put UNN and UniAbuja as first and second choice respectively. Then in UNN pume i got 220 and dats an aggregate of 232. But my name didnt make d admin list. I didnt purchase shopping form cos my waec made me to lose hope. Then 4 uniabuja u all know dia story - non acreditation and 5ate admin list. Then i got admin to study marine engr in one skul at lokoja my uncle said dat d skul is not acreditaded dat he wont pay. But i didnt put up any argument cos dats not what i want in life. I had to let it go. D oda day i was coming home when dis coaster bus conveyin student docs passed me i felt like d most worthless person on earth for having failed my exams.

Bros don't let me lie, u just hav to get at least a C6 in WAEC b4 u can get admission into medicine....

M sorry, but that's the truth
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:29pm On Oct 24, 2012

Bros don't let me lie, u just hav to get at least a C6 in WAEC maths b4 u can get admission into medicine....

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2012
Lagusta:

Bros don't let me lie, u just hav to get at least a C6 in WAEC maths b4 u can get admission into medicine....

yea i know dats why i said i need to retake my exams . I said u need to help me wit a good and competent northern uni
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2012
Obinnau: yea i know dats why i said i need to retake my exams . I said u need to help me wit a good and competent northern uni

Are you a northerner? If yes, which state are you from? If no, Why do you want a northern uni?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gerrard59(m): 1:37am On Oct 25, 2012
^^^

To make things easier for him. An Obinna is from the SE thats very very competitive.
So going up north is necessary to make it more easier and faster. Na insecurity f*ck up things.
@ i recommend UDU Sokoto only,due to its Saudic nature. Abi you don hear bomb blow for Saudi before? grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gerrard59(m): 1:38am On Oct 25, 2012
^^^
[/color]
To make things easier for him. An Obinna is from the SE thats very very competitive.
So going up north is necessary to make it more easier and faster. Na insecurity f*ck up things.
@ i recommend UDU Sokoto only,due to its Saudic nature. Abi you don hear bomb blow for Saudi before? grin[color=#000099]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 6:09am On Oct 25, 2012
Gerrard59: ^^^
[/color]
@ i recommend UDU Sokoto only,due to its Saudic nature. Abi you don hear bomb blow for Saudi before? grin[color=#000099]
yea u nailed me am from SE. And am going dia cos i think its not much competitive when their standards are nearly d same as south east skuls.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:24am On Oct 25, 2012
Obinnau: yea u nailed me am from SE. And am going dia cos i think its not much competitive when their standards are nearly d same as south east skuls.

Sorry I didn't get ur question on time....

UDU is ok, if not for the BH stuff, I would've said u shld also try ABUzaria
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by antontech(m): 7:39am On Oct 25, 2012
goodman3: Chai!!! To get into medical school is not easy oo! Its sooo difficult. Infact we are so so lucky. I thank god i have gotten in at last sha

You are lucky indeed,wrote jamb twice and hv written DE for 3 years in 5 differnt schools.Sometimes i used to tink maybe God does not want me to do it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
Lagusta:

Sorry I didn't get ur question on time....

UDU is ok, if not for the BH stuff, I would've said u shld also try ABUzaria
ok
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:33am On Oct 26, 2012
I just want to wish all my medics a very happy eid el kabir!!! Sorry if I don't drop any sallah meat for u guyz, but jst hav a delusional perception and a visual hallucination about me giving it to u!!!!

HAPPY SALLAH!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Emmy9ite(m): 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2012
Lagusta: I just want to wish all my medics a very happy eid el kabir!!! Sorry if I don't drop any sallah meat for u guyz, but jst hav a delusional perception and a visual hallucination about me giving it to u!!!!

HAPPY SALLAH!!!!
funny guy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.