Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1827999 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by datrinitario(m): 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2012
Tnx ya all.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by datrinitario(m): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2012
[quote author=glowin2shyn] we r....nd ur welkum[/tnx]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nonleviki: 6:47am On Oct 13, 2012
Hi 2 evribody on dis thread. I jst saw dis thread nw. Am newly admitted in2 uniport 2 study dentistry/dental surgery nd i want 2 kw weda we ar of d same grade wit medicine students nd i need an explanation on hw dentistry is bin studied 4rm 1st yr 2 final yr. Pls do we do d same fin wit medical students nd do we write d same mb wit dem. Tenk al, need ur replies.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jayone15(m): 7:13am On Oct 13, 2012
Nonleviki: Hi 2 evribody on dis thread. I jst saw dis thread nw. Am newly admitted in2 uniport 2 study dentistry...Tenk al, need ur replies.
YEA bro.they are rated d same,u do all their courses in addition 2 ur courses..dentistry is simply medicine work+dental work,d same salary ryt from housemanship...more than 25 specializations afta u finish,d same clinical class,buh mind u,u won't do O and G,.d same induction...in short,dey r d same...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by datrinitario(m): 8:08am On Oct 13, 2012
[quote author=Nonleviki]Hi 2 evribody on dis thread. I jst saw dis thread nw. Am newly admitted in2 uniport 2 study dentistry/dental surgery nd i want 2 kw weda we ar of d same grade wit medicine students nd i need an explanation on hw dentistry is bin studied 4rm 1st yr 2 final yr. Pls do we do d same fin wit medical students nd do we write d same mb wit dem. Tenk al, need ur replies.[/hey i got in 2 dentistry nd dental surgery 2, nyc 2 knw am nt alone here. ]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kadata(m): 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2012
jayone15: YEA bro.they are rated d same,u do all their courses in addition 2 ur courses..dentistry is simply medicine work+dental work,d same salary ryt from housemanship...more than 25 specializations afta u finish,d same clinical class,buh mind u, u won't do O and G,.d same induction...in short,dey r d same...

Hey dude- you're mistaken there. A dentist might be a doctor, but a dentist is not a physician. Slightly same curriculum and all that stuff - but different expectations, different responsibilities and different spheres of activity. Think beyond med school- might help
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nonleviki: 4:00pm On Oct 13, 2012
Tenk tho! So do we rite d same mb or is ours dèfferent?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ifyboi(m): 6:03pm On Oct 13, 2012
gooday all...i'm a 2nd year medical student in @ da Lions den (UNN)
smiley wink cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kadata(m): 6:52pm On Oct 13, 2012
Nonleviki: Tenk tho! So do we rite d same mb or is ours dèfferent?

We're brothers in all of this. Think a dentistry student shoud give you the best of replies.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kadata(m): 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2012
ifyboi: gooday all...i'm a 2nd year[b] medical students in d den[/b] (UNN)
smiley wink cheesy grin

Can you explain the bolded pls. ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jayone15(m): 1:42am On Oct 14, 2012
Kadata:

Hey dude- you're mistaken there. A dentist might be a doctor, but a dentist is...
bruh,na u fink so o,..i don't know d meaning of physician,buh in oauthc,when u go 2 d dental section and u check d offices of d dentists,u'll see-periodontics consultancy physician,orthodontics consultancy physician.and many others,buh concerning wat u've said,dat's a sure thing...buh dey r still rated d same,if u have dentistry in ya skul,den i fink u shld know wat am saying....

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jayone15(m): 2:02am On Oct 14, 2012
as a dentist,u don't work on weekends,no duty shifts....yet d same salary
buh d only thing is dat dentists do not have many specializations dey can go into,just about 25,d very common ones are oral & maxillofacial surgery,periodontics,orthodontics,prosthodontics,endodontics,community dentistry,restorative dentistry,oral pathology,oral cosmetiology,oral radiology,minimal intervention dentistry,preventive dentistry,pediatric,oral medicine,pedodontics,implantology,geriatric dentistry,sedation and d others

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kadata(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2012
jayone15: bruh,na u fink so o,..i don't know d meaning of physician,buh in oauthc,when u go 2 d dental section and u check d offices of d dentists,u'll see-periodontics consultancy physician,orthodontics consultancy physician.and many others,buh concerning wat u've said,dat's a sure thing...buh dey r still rated d same,if u have dentistry in ya skul,den i fink u shld know wat am saying....

Medics ALWAYS seem to know BETTER. cheesy . Enjoy your bliss, sir .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lekbel09(m): 1:00pm On Oct 14, 2012
Hi guys i jus gained admision to study radiography at unilag bt my drim course is medicine.pls cn anyone tel me how i cn change 2 medicine without writin jamb
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2012
[quote
author=lekbel09]Hi guys i jus gained admision to study radiography at
unilag bt my drim course is medicine.pls cn anyone tel me how i cn
change 2 medicine without writin jamb [/quote]

CONGRATS, if u rlly want to study medicine, pull off a CGPA of 4.5 above in UNILAG, and u are elligible for a course transfer provided there is still space.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lekbel09(m): 4:34am On Oct 15, 2012
Tenks 4 d info i wil work hard at it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 15, 2012
Kadata:

Hey dude- you're mistaken there. A dentist might be a doctor, but a dentist is not a physician. Slightly same curriculum and all that stuff - but different expectations, different responsibilities and different spheres of activity. Think beyond med school- might help
Lol.. I guess you are from a state uni right??.. Students from federal med schools won't make the same 'ignorant' assertion you have been making.. No offence meant bro..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Danyl(m): 11:41am On Oct 15, 2012
Kadata:

what is the difference between a doctor and a physician?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kadata(m): 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2012
oluafolabi:
Lol.. I guess you are from a state uni right??.. Students from federal med schools won't make the same 'ignorant' assertion you have been making.. No offence meant bro..

Seun let people like me join Nairaland to
school retards like you on the difference
between a physician and a dentist. Now go do something
useful with yourself and let reasonable medical students hold a conversation. I'm surprised you're even a medical student yourself.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 12:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
See, I have said this before and I will say it again... DOCTORS AND DENTISTS ARE ONE AND THE SAME... At least we all save lives, paid the same, spend the same no of years, taught the same thing (except o n g) and we are all given the title "doctor"

The only thing I don't agree with is the fact that dentists have a better social life.... There are some pure medical specialties that give doctors space for other activities like community health, pathology, radiology, etc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kadata(m): 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2012
Danyl:

what is the difference between a doctor and a physician?

Dude, "doctor" is a title. Anyone can bear it provided he's qualified to - Ph.D holders, mbbs holders, bds holders, even graduates of optometry sef - all are called doctors. You can use Google for more info. So basically, MBBS holders aren't the only people qualified for the doctor ish.

Now- a physician is different. In layman definition- ïts basically a person qualified to practice medicine(medical doctor for short). For those that seek distinctive definitions , a physician is a person who practices general medicine as
distinct from surgery. My previous context was purely in less professional terms to make differences.

Dude you have Google - use it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 2:08pm On Oct 15, 2012
Mr kadata take it easy...dentists and doctors we are one just like Mr lagusta said...The same salary is allocated to both professionals by the federal government...atleast I'm sure that's how things are in U.C.H Ibadan...after graduation both professionals will also sit for exams to join fellowships and associations like the west african fellowship of surgeons e.t.c so y'all should take it easy..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 15, 2012
Kadata:

Seun let people like me join Nairaland to
school retards like you on the difference
between a physician and a dentist. Now go do something
useful with yourself and let reasonable medical students hold a conversation. I'm surprised you're even a medical student yourself.

Lol smiley ... How old are you again?.. 15?.. At this age calling people names on the internet??.. I expected more than that from you.. Like I said earlier.. You are probably in a state uni, so still aint surprised by what I'm getting from you..Not surprised at all...

Enjoy your ignorance .. Cheers!! smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kadata(m): 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2012
oluafolabi:

You are probably in a state uni, so still aint surprised by what I'm getting from you..Not surprised at all...

Oh yeaaahhh- the perfect specimen that takes an ego trip on whEre and what he did with his med school life. For some of us that know better, its pointless laying accolades for you. your single digited intelligent quotient would only go millimetres for a grandeur try.

PS: I really think you should be aborted (i am sure there's a law somewhere on the planet that would allow an adult like you to be exterminated).
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2012
Kadata:

PS: I really think I should be aborted (i am sure there's a law somewhere on the planet that would allow an adult like ME to be exterminated).

*Modified* Perfect! smiley

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
Kadata:

PS: I really think you should be aborted (i am sure there's a law somewhere on the planet that would allow an adult like you to be exterminated).

Bros, are u sure u r a medic, I don't think so ooo

I created this forum so that like minds will rub minds and exchange minds... Not to insult, fight, abuse and stuff like that!!!

In this profession, you have to be disciplined, and be willing to learn from others...

I also thought dentists were different from docs, but this forum helped shed light into the matter faa...

Wait first, if a patient comes to your clinic, is this the kind of language you will be hauling at them at the slightest provocation?? ??

Please, let this matter die down... ABEGGI!!!!

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 11:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
pls ooo..we are all medical students....pls lets forge ahead...not allow some misunderstanding to cause anything.....aw we dy?...long time...being preparing for my exam...am starting on Thursday....GOD HELP ME OOOO
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 15, 2012
@ebsuguy, God will see you through.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 6:39am On Oct 16, 2012
Amen oooo.....@aluta wat sch and level are u?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nonleviki: 3:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
Pls i jst got admitted as stated above. Am getin fins ready. I heard medics wear white nd blac. I wud lyk 2 kw weda d out fit starts from 1st yr so as 2 kw d kind of clots 2 buy. Pls i need ur help. Stil want 2 kw wot o n g mean.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
Nonleviki: Pls i jst got admitted as stated above. Am getin fins ready. I heard medics wear white nd blac. I wud lyk 2 kw weda d out fit starts from 1st yr so as 2 kw d kind of clots 2 buy. Pls i need ur help. Stil want 2 kw wot o nd g mean.
white and black depends on ur school...like in my sch CHS EBSU...we wear white and black monday through friday from 2nd year....o and g...where are the clinical students?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nonleviki: 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
[quote author=ebsuguy]
white and black depends on ur school...like in my sch CHS EBSU...we wear white and black monday through friday from 2nd year....o and g...where are the clinical students? Doz it mean dat o n g is a question askin where ar d clinical students? Pls clear me. An as 4 uniport, when do dey start wearin white nd blac?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.